Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2021, 10:12   #961
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
If its only costs Rs1700 why not provide it from base model itself? I am sure no buyer would mind paying few thousand bucks exta for it.
Perhaps the switch is only the trigger and the ECU already has necessary hardware and sensor inputs to activate 'Cruise'. Hyundai wants to keep base models feel a bit underequipped as well.

BUT - Do you want to handover your accelerator to a INR 1700 switch? I would not.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 10:32   #962
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Perhaps the switch is only the trigger and the ECU already has necessary hardware and sensor inputs to activate 'Cruise'. Hyundai wants to keep base models feel a bit underequipped as well.

BUT - Do you want to handover your accelerator to a INR 1700 switch? I would not.
The switch appears to be genuine hyundai spare part and there are several videos showing the same fitment.
The only motivation behind not providing cruise control in base variant seems to be to push buyers for higher variants.
Old 2nd August 2021, 19:41   #963

Hello All , Has anyone installed 360 degree camera on their creta ? Any reliable vendor that you'd recommend.. I saw the the 360 setup in alcazar and I loved it. Unfortunately it's not provided as an accessory in creta . I believe it's something that could come in the face lifted version.
Rahulinthecity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 15:45   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulinthecity View Post
Hello All , Has anyone installed 360 degree camera on their creta ? Any reliable vendor that you'd recommend.. I saw the the 360 setup in alcazar and I loved it. Unfortunately it's not provided as an accessory in creta . I believe it's something that could come in the face lifted version.
Please check out the ownership review of our forum member srikanthmadhava where he has mentioned the Hyundai dealer who does it and has also posted a GIF of the 360 degree camera installation.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ic-review.html
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 16:43   #965
BHPian

Creta prices have been increased. SXO IVT ex-showroom price is now 16,82,000 INR. A jump of 16,100 INR.
Col Mehta is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 23:04   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Came across this video from a guy who openly says he's paid 60k "black money" over and above the car price for early delivery. Such nefarious practices by buyers and dealers both hits people like us, who have done everything by the rule book, but are still at the receiving end!
(Watch from 12:48)
https://Youtu.be/KIT8pFKOlhM
This is so unfair at so many levels. This is daylight robbery. Sad part is that everyone knows about it and so conveniently accept it as everyday affair. There is a demand and supply gap for sure. Since Jan 2021, every month 12,000+ Creta’s have been delivered every month (except for May 2021 where they delivered 9000 Creta’s). For July 2021, they delivered 13,000 Creta’s (i.e. 81,000 Creta since Jan 2021) and still there is a waiting for 8-9 months for few variants. At one place government is after people/businesses for stopping black money, fraud and at other place dealers are looting people day-in day-out.

Can’t we (as TeamBHP community) raise voice against such malpractice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I need some info about which car loan to go for and the process. So far, I have zeroed onto SBI (better rates, transparency and easy TnC but paper work might be tedious) and HDFC bank (due to my relationship, processing might be less leg work). Car delivery is still a month or two away. Is SBI paperwork reasonably fast and easy or do they make you run around? I do not have any relationship with them so bit skeptical. When is the right time to start the loan application process?
Is there any advantage of going thru dealer ( haven't spoken to them yet) or should I initiate it on my own?
I would suggest sticking to SBI/UBI/UCO (primarily PSU banks). While you might find them a bit cumbersome and inconvenient than a private bank (like ICICI/HDFC) but rates of interest are better and the T&C of private banks are usually not very flexible. In my experience, stay away from HDFC. Too much hassle if you have to pre-close the loan.

You should start the loan process 1 month before the delivery date as prices keep on fluctuating and any increase in the pricing needs additional time and paperwork. If you have any pre-qualified car loan from any private bank then you can try buying car from ClickToBuy. You will get the car within a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Creta prices have been increased. SXO IVT ex-showroom price is now 16,82,000 INR. A jump of 16,100 INR.
Another month, another price hike by Hyundai. This is the fourth one this year and also the fourth for me. As I had mentioned earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post
Let see where the rolling ball of price would stop at the time of delivery (at the time of booking on 2nd Jan 2021 the OTR price was 18.75 lacs) as another price hike is speculated in 1st week of Aug 2021
Attaching the updated price list for reference.

Since I have booked the car, the ex-showroom prices have increased Rs. 56,100 and I booked the car on 2nd Jan 2021. I don’t think Hyundai will give any price protection for people who have booked cars before the latest price hike (or to the people like me who have booked the car four price hikes ago). As per my dealer, that another price hike is expected in Oct (just before the festive season) – I trust his words as his news about the price hikes have been very accurate. He told about the current price hike on 1st July 2021 (i.e. more than a month ago).

The issue is what protection do I get as a buyer? The car is not being delivered by Hyundai (it’s my 8th month of waiting and counting) and there is nothing which I can do apart from absorbing the price hike. Even changing the variant at this stage will increase the waiting timelines by 3-4 months (and right not I am not even sure if I am getting the car this month).
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-creta_updated_price_list.jpg  

HP-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 02:21   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Quote:
Another month, another price hike by Hyundai. This is the fourth one this year and also the fourth for me.

The issue is what protection do I get as a buyer? The car is not being delivered by Hyundai (it’s my 8th month of waiting and counting) and there is nothing which I can do apart from absorbing the price hike. Even changing the variant at this stage will increase the waiting timelines by 3-4 months (and right not I am not even sure if I am getting the car this month).
This is such exquisite thuggery by Hyundai! Every couple of months, they go ahead and announce an arbitrary price hike. It's not like their production cost is increasing overnight! I cannot think of any justification for these multiple price hikes. Just because the customers have given such a massive response to the Creta consistently, the company cannot take us for granted in such criminal fashion. It's really unfortunate that we cannot do anything except crib about it, since there is no way Hyundai gives a fig about any of it. It's high time there is a price-protection clause made mandatory by law, which should kick-in at some point during the period between booking and delivery. Going by the pace of these price hikes, the Creta will soon rival the price of an Alcazar! Just want to know w-t-h is Hyundai thinking!
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 07:24   #968
BHPian

Can someone share the complete terms and conditions of Hyundai motor insurance here? Their rates are 60% higher than market benchmark and often dealer force customers to buy only their insurance at astronomical rates.

I want to know their policy on cancellation of insurance. For example, Acko has a free-look period where we can cancel the policy within 7 week by forfeiting a small 2.2% value (Image attached). For a car like Creta, this would mean an expense of under Rs. 2k. I think it's worth exploring as opting for a non Hyundai insurance can save anywhere from 30k to 50k.

If any recent owner of Creta bought the Hyundai insurance, I'd appreciate if they can share the terms and conditions here.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot_20210805071759.jpg  

Old 5th August 2021, 08:29   #969
BHPian

Dear all,
I have booked an 14 turbo sxo variant that is due for delivery soon.
Reading through the posts, I find a few of the feedback upsetting. They are:
1. Issues with DCT that could result in a perception of unreliability.
2. Difficulty in using the map functions as in reviewing the route ahead causing the system to be confused as a change in destination.
3. The frequent interaction that seems to be happening with the SA’s to resolve what appear to be simple glitches but which cannot be always resolved by casual users.
This is important for me as it is my wife who will be facing such issues if and when they happen.She may not be able to handle alone.Not sure I can do much better either, at my age!
In short,is this variant suitable for owners who want an easy to own and operate car without being a passionate owner?
Depending on an early response, I might be able to change my booking suitably.
Thanks in advance.
ramases6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 12:48   #970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramases6 View Post
Dear all,
I have booked an 14 turbo sxo variant that is due for delivery soon.

In short,is this variant suitable for owners who want an easy to own and operate car without being a passionate owner?
Thanks in advance.
If your wife is a sedate driver and mostly going to use it within city then you may consider 1.5 NA petrol IVT model which can serve the need just as well without having to worry about reliability issues of DCT transmission. Of course you lose out on the peppy engine and slick transmission but the IVT is not that bad either and can serve you for many years of trouble free ownership. I would suggest to take a test drive before taking a call. Also keep in mind that there is long waiting list for IVT model.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 5th August 2021 at 12:54.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 13:31   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
I'm driving my SX petrol manual for about 3 months and have covered 2500kms approximately. Since last week, gear shifts have become hard (for the lack of word). I've to apply some force to slot the gears. What could be the issue here ? First servicing is done on the car last month.
Sheepishly quoting myself here, I need some advice.
With the lockdown and other commitments, I couldn't get my car checked at service center for this issue. So far, car is running smooth, no clutch slipping, no lack of power. It's just that gear shifts are not smooth. Will there be any major issues later on if I don't get it checked ASAP ? I plan to take my car to service center soon enough.
Old 5th August 2021, 13:41   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Dear all,
I have booked an 1.4 turbo sxo variant that is due for delivery soon...is this variant suitable for owners who want an easy to own and operate car without being a passionate owner?
Suggest you to opt for the 1.5 Petrol IVT, considering your situation. If the car is not going to see many highway runs and predominantly will be used for city drives, the 1.4 DCT is definitely a hassle to own. The IVT is a worry-free transmission and you'll surely be more at peace.

Quote:
With the lockdown and other commitments, I couldn't get my car checked at service center for this issue. So far, car is running smooth, no clutch slipping, no lack of power. It's just that gear shifts are not smooth. Will there be any major issues later on if I don't get it checked ASAP ? I plan to take my car to service center soon enough.
You should get this checked/rectified on priority. Worst case, if there is an issue with the gearbox, the more the wear and tear, the condition would deteriorate rapidly. Ideally this issue shouldn't have cropped up within the first few months of taking delivery. Make sure the service guys look at this properly.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 14:02   #973
BHPian

Quote:
With the lockdown and other commitments, I couldn't get my car checked at service center for this issue. So far, car is running smooth, no clutch slipping, no lack of power. It's just that gear shifts are not smooth. Will there be any major issues later on if I don't get it checked ASAP ? I plan to take my car to the service center soon enough.
Mine is 2019 1.6 Petrol and initially, I also felt the same that the gear shifts are not buttering smooth. The point of reference is the test drive vehicle which shifted gears like a hot knife on butter. So what I have observed is that after the 3rd service now that smoothness has started to kick in and now the resistance in gear shifts has considerably reduced. Please note the current odd reading is at 13k+.

So maybe once the vehicle starts munching kilometers gradually this issue might get resolved on its own. In my case specifically, the 2nd gear shift was offering more resistance than other gears. That has now gone or reduced drastically that you won't notice.

Another point that I am not sure makes a difference is that I have used Synthetic oil in the last 2 services which in itself offers a smooth ride.

Overall I don't think it's an issue as per se but let other members also share their thoughts.

Last edited by Artyom : 5th August 2021 at 14:03.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 15:26   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkapilb View Post
Can someone share the complete terms and conditions of Hyundai motor insurance here? Their rates are 60% higher than market benchmark and often dealer force customers to buy only their insurance at astronomical rates.
I want to know their policy on cancellation of insurance. For example, Acko has a free-look period where we can cancel the policy within 7 week by forfeiting a small 2.2% value (Image attached). For a car like Creta, this would mean an expense of under Rs. 2k. I think it's worth exploring as opting for a non Hyundai insurance can save anywhere from 30k to 50k.
As per Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) guidelines general insurance (which include car insurance) comes with a free-look period. This period varies from insurance company to company but usually, it is there for 10 days at least.

There is nothing like Hyundai Motor Insurance as Hyundai is not an insurance company and they cannot provide insurance to anyone. What Hyundai has done is that they have partnered with various insurance companies (like HDFC ERGO (L&T General Insurance is now a part of HDFC ERGO General Insurance), Tata AIG, ICICI Lombard, New India Assurance and others) who provide insurance for Hyundai. The perceived advantage for the customer is (which is more of a placebo than the real thing) is that since the tie-up is at the company and dealer level, any future claim would be processed hassle-free but in reality, this is true for most of the insurance companies.

Dealer charges/extort a premium which can be anywhere between 10% to 150% of the actual premium as it is one of the tools for them to earn.

Quote:
Dear all, I have booked an 14 turbo sxo variant that is due for delivery soon. Reading through the posts, I find a few of the feedback upsetting. They are:
1. Issues with DCT that could result in a perception of unreliability.
2. Difficulty in using the map functions as in reviewing the route ahead causing the system to be confused as a change in destination.
Thanks in advance.
DCT transmissions are not very reliable in India and this issue is across all the manufactures. Of course, they are not so unreliable that they break down very often but their failure rate is higher as compared to other automatic transmissions.

As others have suggested, you should plan for the SXO IVT variant if possible (and also if you have the patience of a monk due to its waiting timelines).

Since you and your wife are sedate drivers, SXO IVT would be sufficient for your need. CVT transmission which is used in SXO IVT are generally very reliable and are cheaper to maintain/repair.

The native Map functionality of the AVN unit is subpar at the best. While the newer unit does give you Over The Air (OTA) updates, but if you compare it with Google Maps then you will be left with a lot to desire. The best is to stick to Android Auto.

Quote:
The car is very new to have any mechanical issues in the gearbox so most likely it is “some grease here and some nut bolt tightening there” issue but would suggest to visit the service centre once and get it checked. Hyundai manual gear is one of the smoothest and you can change it easily with the flick of a wrist.
HP-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 16:06   #975
BHPian

Quote:
... booked an 14 turbo sxo variant...
2. Difficulty in using the map functions as in reviewing the route ahead causing the system to be confused as a change in destination...
Quote:
The native Map functionality of the AVN unit is subpar at the best. While the newer unit does give you Over The Air (OTA) updates, but if you compare it with Google Maps then you will be left with a lot to desire. The best is to stick to Android Auto...
Few points here on the in-built Satnav:
  • 'View Route' menu option opens a screen in which the destination is shown. Also shown is a dotted straight distance line from Present Position ending in a 'target bulls-eye' symbol. Use the + or - soft keys on the left of the screen to zoom in or out to check selected destination is correctly located. Do not press the 'target bulls-eye symbol' depicted on the map or else, the destination will automatically be re-selected to the centre-point of the symbol. In the event you wish to re-locate the destination, only then should you move the target symbol to desired point on the map and press to select.
  • I agree that the user interface is clunky. However, the live traffic information and routeing does appear to work. Also, given that the inbuilt map is well integrated with the MID and AVN screen with fairly accurate lane guidance (also HUD in the Seltos) , it's perhaps worthwhile going the extra mile and effort to use it.
  • The map data and Points of Interest database is not as comprehensive as Google. However, even small roads appear to be marked and aligned fairly accurately. Hence for long distance driving and routes with multiple turns you could use the option of entering coordinates of the turn points and destination. You could enter each point in the 'Address Book' menu option and then use it in the route.
  • One can enter a max of two intermediate waypoints for a route.
  • There is the option of generating only one route - the active one. Guidance can be paused and resumed.
  • There is an option of uploading data from a USB, instead of keying in data manually sitting in the vehicle. Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to find the way to do that.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks