Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2021, 11:32   #991
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Hummm.. So looks like the dealer is trying to pull a fast one here. They told my friend that his car is in transit, straight from the factory but will not have these features. He was also pressurized into paying big amount upfront to block the car else there were other customer waiting with full cash payment. Very strange and smells fishy.. May be they are trying to clear some old stock to an unsuspecting and eager buyer
Cars manufactured from May 2021 onwards come with the updated list of features (either some are added or deleted. You can find the exhaustive list from previous posts in this thread. Look for posts from May 1st/2nd week). Ask the dealer for “Form 22” certificate from the manufacturer. Alternatively ask them to show the vehicle indent (requisition order) or the invoicing done by Hyundai (Hyundai invoices every car in the name of the dealer). This will let you know when did Hyundai sell the car to the dealer. Do not make any payments until you verify the manufacturing month and year.
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 12:19   #992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Hummm.. So looks like the dealer is trying to pull a fast one here. They told my friend that his car is in transit, straight from the factory but will not have these features. He was also pressurized into paying big amount upfront to block the car else there were other customer waiting with full cash payment. Very strange and smells fishy.. May be they are trying to clear some old stock to an unsuspecting and eager buyer
Seems so. Check the date of manufacturing through dealer, form 22 or invoice from Hyundai to dealer, before making payment. He should not accept a car older than 30 to 40 days.
PatienceWins is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 23:02   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post

Interim Update | My Ongoing Nightmarish Sales Experience with Hyundai | Capital Hyundai, Noida

Interim Update 2 - Some interesting (but non-conclusive) Update.

As expected, there was no reply/acknowledgement/update from Hyundai and Capital Hyundai (my dealer) till today evening. I am surprised, with the approach Hyundai has taken against the complaint raised by a customer, escalated on mail (marking at least 8 email id at Hyundai) and re-escalated on customer care helpline. There is absolute silence.

Today evening I again called the customer care helpline of Hyundai. I told the customer care executive about my ordeal. I asked him about the promised turnaround time of 48 hrs (promised on Thursday) and the promised call back on Monday (as per the discussion that happened on Saturday). I asked him to connect me to the regional sales team. He tried the same and as expected after keeping the line on hold for 5 mins, he came back and said that the regional team is not picking the call. I told him that the regional team did not pick the call last Thursday and Saturday as well so it’s nothing new. I asked him if anyone ever picked call from the Hyundai sales team. I asked him to let me know the time when should I call back so we can talk to the regional sales team. Then finally I asked him what does he want, should I start posting all this on social media including recording of this call. He said that let him again try to connect the regional sales team and this time surprisingly, in two minutes, Mr. Ga***V (from Hyundai Regional Sales Team) and Dealer representative were on the call.

Mr. Ga***V (from Hyundai Regional Sales Team) knew about the background of my case (so my mail did reach somewhere right) and asked the dealer representative about the issue. I told him that I don’t want the dealer to say anything as I speak to him every day and now it has become embarrassing for me to keep on pestering him as the dealer has no update. I actually apologized to the dealer for spoiling he day everyday with my followup and asked Mr. Ga***v to give me th update as Hyundai.

The dealer jumped in between and said that till now they have received an allocation of 26 Creta’s for this month (6 were received today) and none of them are SXO IVT. He asked Mr. Ga***V (from Hyundai Regional Sales Team) that what should he answer the customer when there is no allocation from Hyundai’s side. He told that he has spoken to the production team at Chennai and they said that there are facing production issues with the top-end variant of Creta. Mr. Ga***v acknowledged that indeed there is an issue with the production of SXO. I asked him, should I consider the statement of a production issue with SXO as the official statement from Hyundai and if SXO variant is not into production then why are you still selling that variant and keeping the customers in dark. There was no answer from his side (it's expected).

I asked him that I need a clear picture from his side along with clear timelines of the delivery. He said that he is already off for the day (it was 6:15 PM so it’s understandable) and he would not like to give any wrong commitments without checking all the possible options (including talking to the production team). He said to give him time till tomorrow morning and he will call by tomorrow afternoon along with the dealer representative to let me know about what is the best possible solution which they can give under the current circumstances.

I asked him that does “best possible solution under current circumstances” mean compromising on the variant (by opting SX in place of SXO) or anything else. He said that he will let me know by tomorrow and would not comment on anything right now. I told him that I will wait for your call and in case I don’t receive the same then I will call the dealer representative to take his call and patch me in to which he agreed.

I am not sure what best possible option will they give? If SXO IVT is not into production then within the current price point we have Diesel Automatic SX and Turbo Petrol DCT SX variants (which both are discontinued as per the latest brochure). Since the production issue is reported right from the horse’s mouth (or representative of the horse), I guess the wait for SXO IVT is an unending one.

Any suggestions from you all?

** I have masked the name of the Hyundai regional sales representative for individual privacy purposes.
HP-BHP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 10:17   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Ridiculous! I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Move on! It's not worth it. I understand you have you heart on Creta and there aren't too many options in the price segment but waiting for it endlessly, especially when you know the production is affected, is just not worth of all your time, efforts and peace of mind.

We have also booked Creta SX(O) IVT last month and I don't think we will wait for it for too long. We also have Sonet GTX diesel AT booked and will take it if available (I know these are two very different cars from different segments).

Keep an eye on to be launched MG Astor. Might turn out to be the car you were looking for . Good luck!
Col Mehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 11:44   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Then finally I asked him what does he want, should I start posting all this on social media including recording of this call. He said that let him again try to connect the regional sales team and this time surprisingly, in two minutes, Mr. Ga***V (from Hyundai Regional Sales Team) and Dealer representative were on the call.

Since the production issue is reported right from the horse’s mouth (or representative of the horse), I guess the wait for SXO IVT is an unending one.
I think you have been really very patient and understanding with these guys. It's high time you go and start blasting their case on social media. It's unfortunate that it has come to this, but seems there's no other option. Dilly-dallying is just more time wasted.

I spoke to my dealer in Mumbai, they said the production issue with SX(O) IVT is indeed the case and it seems the situation is expected to improve only post Diwali. I keep getting a feeling that Hyundai is prioritising the Alcazar over the Creta, and people like us who are patiently waiting for our Creta deliveries are at the receiving end. Shoddy sales/production planning at Hyundai's end actually.
IamNikhil is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 12:06   #996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
I spoke to my dealer in Mumbai, they said the production issue with SX(O) IVT is indeed the case and it seems the situation is expected to improve only post Diwali. I keep getting a feeling that Hyundai is prioritising the Alcazar over the Creta, and people like us who are patiently waiting for our Creta deliveries are at the receiving end. Shoddy sales/production planning at Hyundai's end actually.
The last time I checked, the lead time for getting an SX(O) IVT was 10months.
This was 3-4 weeks back, from a trustworthy sale-person in Bangalore.

As per the sales person, all the variants which have the 10inch AV unit are getting delayed. In addition, IVT transmission availability is also an issue as per him.

Most probably, what could have happened in the above case, is that the dealer could have given an inaccurate delivery timeline, and accepted the booking.
abhishek46 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 12:30   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Ridiculous! ...Move on! It's not worth it...
Quote:
Interim Update 2 - Some interesting (but non-conclusive) Update....Any suggestions from you all?...
  • I completely agree with Col Mehta. This is perhaps beyond ridiculous.
  • You unfortunately appear to have booked with a dealer who is a rather small fish (if your quoted figure of 26 Creta allotted for the month is accurate).
  • It may be worthwhile booking a fast moving variant with another, bigger dealer, even at a distance from your location.
  • It may even be worth widening your approach and checking out other vehicle brands and types. Every vehicle has its positives and negatives. I am sure even the Creta SXO IVT that you desire cannot meet all your requirements. So you may need to be open to take other choices.

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 10th August 2021 at 12:39.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 17:17   #998
BHPian

Quote:

** I have masked the name of the Hyundai regional sales representative for individual privacy purposes.
Hi
I am amazed at your patience with a pathetic dealer such as this one. Kudos to you for being the way you are

The easiest option would be to look for a different brand, different vehicle. I am guessing that this might be a bit painful as you and your family would already have had this vehicle in mind. It is a difficult decision

The other alternative is to book the same vehicle with a different dealer, one who probably has better equation with the manufacturer. Crying baby gets milk at the end of the day.

You might also want to reach out to National Sales Head directly. Best thing is to find his contact details (easy through network, naukiri, linkedin etc). I think this is now held by a gentleman named Vikas Jain.

And lastly make a stink out of it in wider social groups. I too was set on the Creta SX(O) IVT, but the dealer clearly mentioned a waiting time of 5 to 6 months, by which time i feel that there would be 2022 version out. It somehow doesn't make sense that both manufacturers and dealers are taking consumers for a ride.

Automobile booking should be as simple as buying an iPhone. You walk into the dealership, choose your vehicle, customizations and then within a couple of weeks, the vehicle should be at your doorstep.

For now, at least in Bangalore, the TCross seems to be available with a delivery time of a week. The rest of the cross overs are months away
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 17:56   #999
Distinguished - BHPian

@HP=BHP - iVT had the longest of wait times as far as I remember, I think you should wait. Its not like there is something else like it that customers can buy, there are no real alternatives. I would blame Hyundai for not handling the potential customers properly, however as a customer we need to realize that shortage is real and very extensive. This car has unreal demand in the market now, they are selling whatever they can make.

A spare parts retailer told me that forget other parts, even engine oil is having a shortage.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 18:17   #1000
Senior - BHPian

At the risk of repeating myself, I would again comment that for all those who are stuck with the waiting list on the Creta, I would strongly recommend that people move on to other cars.
The average ownership duration of cars is 5 years or so. Eventually people may even give up their ICE cars once EV options begin to look more attractive in the next 4-5 years. The Creta (except the DCT) is not exactly a performance oriented car that would keep the owner interested for years together. In terms of performance. The Seltos has the same engines, if we compare the 1.5 NA, even the S Cross would be more or less similar, equally comfortable The Kicks CVT is even better !
Bottomline- those who are not seeking the highest variants with 6 airbags and a 1.4DCT /Diesel engine, there are other options available.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 10th August 2021 at 18:19.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 18:21   #1001
BHPian

Thanks a lot everyone for their valuable comments.

Quote:
Ridiculous! I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. Move on! It's not worth it. I understand you have you heart on Creta and there aren't too many options in the price segment but waiting for it endlessly, especially when you know the production is affected, is just not worth of all your time, efforts and peace of mind. Keep an eye on to be launched MG Astor. Might turn out to be the car you were looking for . Good luck!
Sir, this is beyond ridiculous. Even after talking to Hyundai’s regional sales team (Mr. Gau**v) on Monday where they promised a call back on Tuesday but they did not even have the courtesy to give a callback.

I called up the dealer and he told me that he did had a word with the Hyundai Regional Sales team but they do not have any update. He has asked for one more day to get more clarity. Post that he again called back and said that Hyundai Sales Area Manager (Mr. Ty**i) has informed that at best they can give one SXO IVT in a month to each dealer and give customers a timeline based on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
I think you have been really very patient and understanding with these guys. It's high time you go and start blasting their case on social media.
Going all over social media is the only thing that I can now do. I am planning to send out a reminder mail to Hyundai clearly stating my intentions of going on a very funny (at least to me) social media campaign. I will share the details in this post later.

The issue indeed is due to Alcazar only. The 10.2 inch AVN units are very limited in supply and since it is being used even in the base variant of Alcazar so whatever units available with Hyundai are going with Alcazar. Also, since Alcazar has competition from Safari, XUV500 and Hector Plus so they can’t have a never-ending waiting so everything is firing on Creta top-end variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
The last time I checked, the lead time for getting an SX(O) IVT was 10months. This was 3-4 weeks back, from a trustworthy sale-person in Bangalore. As per the sales person, all the variants which have the 10inch AV unit are getting delayed. In addition, IVT transmission availability is also an issue as per him.
Most probably, what could have happened in the above case, is that the dealer could have given an inaccurate delivery timeline, and accepted the booking.
Current timelines are 10 months for SXO IVT and 6 to 8 months for any SXO. All the top end SXO variants (Petrol NA, Petrol Turbo and Diesel) are affected. The issue here is that I have already waiting since 2nd Jan 2021 and currently the 8th month of my waiting is going on without any clarity regarding the delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
  • I completely agree with Col Mehta. This is perhaps beyond ridiculous.
  • You unfortunately appear to have booked with a dealer who is a rather small fish (if your quoted figure of 26 Creta allotted for the month is accurate).
  • It may be worthwhile booking a fast moving variant with another, bigger dealer, even at a distance from your location.
  • It may even be worth widening your approach and checking out other vehicle brands and types. Every vehicle has its positives and negatives. I am sure even the Creta SXO IVT that you desire cannot meet all your requirements. So you may need to be open to take other choices.
Capital Hyundai, Noida is the largest dealer in Noida / Ghaziabad (probably one of the biggest in NCR). As per them, they are delivering 50 to 75 Creta’s every month. Earlier they used to get at least 2 – 3 SXO for each (Petrol NA, Petrol Turbo and Diesel) but last month they did not receive any SX for Petrol and only one SXO IVT.

I know that Creta SXO IVT does not meet all the requirements but frankly, it did check most of the boxes for me. Probably when you wait a lot for the car, it starts growing on you or probably the desire to drive the choice of the car (which you can purchase also) becomes so strong that any other car starts looking as a compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Hi I am amazed at your patience with a pathetic dealer such as this one. Kudos to you for being the way you are. You might also want to reach out to National Sales Head directly. Best thing is to find his contact details (easy through network, naukiri, linkedin etc). I think this is now held by a gentleman named Vikas Jain.
Automobile booking should be as simple as buying an iPhone. You walk into the dealership, choose your vehicle, customizations and then within a couple of weeks, the vehicle should be at your doorstep.
Thanks for your kind words. It really means a lot. I am trying the reach Mr. Vikas Jain (Vice President, Unit Head – Sales, Hyundai). I met him long back once in some forum but getting his email is a challenge. I have sent him a request on Linkedin (we have some common contacts) let’s see if I can connect with him or anyone higher up within Hyundai.

You are correct. We are in 2021 and booking a car should be as easy as booking a Phone. I am feeling like I am booking an Ambassador or Premier Padmini in 1980’s. There also one has to wait for an year or so for the car (I am doing the same) and would hunt for jugaad’s for getting quicker allocation (I am again trying for the same). Hyundai brought back old days for many of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
@HP=BHP - iVT had the longest of wait times as far as I remember, I think you should wait. Its not like there is something else like it that customers can buy, there are no real alternatives. I would blame Hyundai for not handling the potential customers properly, however as a customer we need to realize that shortage is real and very extensive. This car has unreal demand in the market now, they are selling whatever they can make.
A spare parts retailer told me that forget other parts, even engine oil is having a shortage.
I understand that there is a huge demand and production is an issue but if one can be transparent about the realities with their customers. When I booking the car verbally 3-4 months of waiting was committed and 5 – 6 months waiting was given to me in writing but even on the 8th month, no one has the answer that when will the car dispatch? I asked the Hyundai Regional Sales team that if they can commit delivery for September and even for that they were not clear.

My Planned Next Steps:

After thinking a lot, I came to the conclusion that this whole reached a point where cancelling this booking would not make any difference for Hyundai (as they have 1000’s of customers like me so they don’t give a hoot about us as customers). I am thinking about the following:

Email Track:

As the first step, I am planning to send a reminder mail to Hyundai marking all the higher up (whatever I can find) clearly stating my intentions to go on social media along with publishing the copy of emails on social media. I will also tag my posts here on TeamBHP and will attach the responses which have been received here. I know that there is a very high chance that there will be no response to my email (that’s how it’s going on with Hyundai) and assuming the same, I will start sending daily reminders till I get a response or till I get the allocation of the car. I will keep the tone of the mail funny as Hyundai has made their customers a joke.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-tarikhpartarikhtarikhpartarikhmiltirahihailekinhyundaicretasxonahimilimylord.jpg

After two reminders also if they don’t respond, I will start marking the mails to the various auto magazines, portals, journals and forums (including TeamBHP). The intention here would be to get at least someone attention from someone within Hyundai.

Worst case, if there is still no response even after a week then I will start couriering printout of all the emails on a weekly basis to Mr. Vikas Jain at Hyundai (at Gurugram).

Social Media Track:

After the second reminder mail, I will start posting on social media. Planning to attach the mails, TeamBHP posts and trending memes in each social media post. Will tag Hyundai India, Other Automobile companies, Auto Magazines and Automotive influencers.

Let’s see where this goes. I know, it is a lot of effort and knowing my schedule it would be difficult to complete everything which I have mentioned (have to burn a lot of midnight oil) but I have reached a point that there is nothing to lose now and also the fact that Hyundai made my wife cry (not exactly but she is damn upset).

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-rula-diya-na.png

There is a very high chance that even after all this, there might be no response from Hyundai but at least I will have the satisfaction that I tried a lot (if not everything).

Not sure if this is the right approach but if Hyundai is giving me lemons then at least let me enjoy the lemonade . Do let know if you guys have any other idea.

Mods: Please let me know in case this is inappropriate.
HP-BHP is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 20:02   #1002

Quote:

I am not sure what best possible option will they give? If SXO IVT is not into production then within the current price point we have Diesel Automatic SX and Turbo Petrol DCT SX variants (which both are discontinued as per the latest brochure). Since the production issue is reported right from the horse’s mouth (or representative of the horse), I guess the wait for SXO IVT is an unending one.

This was shared by my SE from Hyundai. Production has been halted for multiple models and variants.
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-creta_chip_shortage.jpg

Quote:
Ridiculous! I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Move on! It's not worth it. I understand you have you heart on Creta and there aren't too many options in the price segment but waiting for it endlessly, especially when you know the production is affected, is just not worth of all your time, efforts and peace of mind.

We have also booked Creta SX(O) IVT last month and I don't think we will wait for it for too long. We also have Sonet GTX diesel AT booked and will take it if available (I know these are two very different cars from different segments).

Keep an eye on to be launched MG Astor. Might turn out to be the car you were looking for . Good luck!
This is exactly what I did. I was indeed looking forward to the Creta SX IVT. I was first in line as per the booking seniority (booked in April '21) but they also hiked the price by another 20k.

Booked the Sonet GTX+ 1.0 Petrol DCT.
SgtRuckus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 20:31   #1003

Hello All

I am one of those who booked a creta dct 5 months with advaith in Bangalore . I havnt received my car and I have been told not to expect it for another 3 months.
I contacted Trident and they are quite confident of delivering the car within 2 months. How is this possible ? Are they just trying to get me to book with them or does Trident genuinely get a larger chunk of cars in Bangalore .

I am thinking of going ahead with the booking anyways. Whoever delivers earlier gets my money.
Old 11th August 2021, 21:21   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulinthecity View Post
I contacted Trident and they are quite confident of delivering the car within 2 months. How is this possible ? Are they just trying to get me to book with them or does Trident genuinely get a larger chunk of cars in Bangalore .
It’s not about getting larger chunk of cars. It’s about following up and getting it done with Hyundai. I had faced this with advaith (booked and waited for 7 months with no update when I was in Bangalore) and so did another BHPian (PatienceWins). He booked with trident eventually and got it earlier (but he had to pay some money up front).

I booked the car in my native since I knew the Hyundai sales head here and got the car immediately (as 2 were already in transit and I got to choose from them). In fact I had been to the showroom yesterday with a friend since he’s looking at the Creta and there were two customers who had booked SX IVT and they are getting the car within a month.

Last edited by Dhananjay_Desai : 11th August 2021 at 21:27.
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 21:24   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if this is the right approach but if Hyundai is giving me lemons then at least let me enjoy the lemonade
Kudos really to your patience and motivation to see this through. Not that one has any other option anyway these days; we are at the mercy of these companies. Gone are the days when buying a car used to be a truly wonderful and happy experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRuckus View Post
This was shared by my SE from Hyundai. Production has been halted for multiple models and variants.
The attachment curiously does not mention the Creta SX(O) variant production being halted. Only SX variants mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulinthecity View Post

I am one of those who booked a creta dct 5 months with advaith in Bangalore . I havnt received my car and I have been told not to expect it for another 3 months.
Highly doubt whether any dealer, anywhere in the country can deliver a Creta in just 2 months, going by the current scenario! Seems they just want to confirm your booking with them. Highly unlikely that they can stay true to promise in this regard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks