Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2021, 20:19   #1201
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
The earlier SX variant is stopped for now.
You may instead go for the SX(O).
Makes perfect sense. But the waiting period is simply crazy. 6-8 months. I don't think I have any other option than to wait patiently
Old 17th October 2021, 01:41   #1202
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
Hi Arun,
I myself have booked an SX executive petroI....
Regarding infotainment system, dealership showed me a Nippon infotainment costing around 22k as an approved fitment. Other options are Blaupunkt and mega audio systems. I have seen many videos on Youtube of all of them and will decide when the time comes. All are basically android based tabs. Yes, reversing camera display comes up in all of them .

Any Dealership here is not accepting booking for SX manual. And blue/orange colour.
Do these infotainment units suport voice command like that in the S model music system? I was unable to find any video on youtube showing the use of voice commands with Nippon/Blaupunkt system. Guess hyundai played the clever game here. I myself suggested many to skip the sx exec variant and go for sx as the price jump was justified. Seems like these after fitment head units are a step down from those on ex and S models .
Old 17th October 2021, 12:40   #1203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
FYI - The accessories available for Hyundai Creta are listed on this website

However, the dealers use the same accessories and charge an obscene amount. One can't even procure it from them as they charge an amount very different from what is written on the website.

e.g. the mats available for INR 899 are being sold at INR 5000 !!!

Is there any way to procure these official accessories without going through a dealer? I am from Mumbai.
I bought floor and boot mats from the dealer and he charged me the same price as mentioned on the MOBIS site. Not sure why the dealer in your city is over charging. Try with another dealer if you can.
Old 18th October 2021, 12:57   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Do these infotainment units suport voice command like that in the S model music system? I was unable to find any video on Youtube showing the use of voice commands with Nippon/Blaupunkt system. Guess hyundai played the clever game here. I myself suggested many to skip the sx exec variant and go for sx as the price jump was justified. Seems like these after fitment head units are a step down from those on ex and S models .
They do not support voice command. Even as per Creta brochure, steering mounted voice recognition is not available for executive variant.
And yes, I agree these aftermarket systems feel a downgrade from OE fitment. I will try to get EX/S variant infotainment on order when the delivery dates comes close(though hyundai SA told it will not be compatible with executive--if you know then let me know).
mayankverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 13:09   #1205
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
They do not support voice command. Even as per Creta brochure, steering mounted voice recognition is not available for executive variant.
And yes, I agree these aftermarket systems feel a downgrade from OE fitment. I will try to get EX/S variant infotainment on order when the delivery dates comes close(though hyundai SA told it will not be compatible with executive--if you know then let me know).
I'll definitely let you know. Meanwhile, do push for SX variant as multiple sources are telling me that if you have the right sources, they are still delivering SX manual but only few people are getting it. An SA in my hometown said that he can deliver SX petrol manual in 2 months. While I don't believe SAs completely and Hyundai has officially removed these variants from the new brochure, the confidence with which he was saying, I believe there is some truth in it.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 15:22   #1206
BHPian

Quote:
Dealers in bangalore are giving the option of fixing aftermarket blaupunkt/pioneer system (Starts from Rs32000 to Rs50000) for the SX Executive.

Rear camera (additional accessory) can be integrated in that, at additional cost.

Adaptive steering guideline & deep integration with vehicle settings are very much doubtful though.

The SX Executive variant was not at all to my liking, due to these issues.

The earlier SX variant is stopped for now.
You may instead go for the SX(O).
As per what I saw when I saw executive variant during a dealer visit, the rear camera comes as OE fitment. And once infotainment is fit, rear camera display comes up on it with adaptive guidelines(this i saw on YouTube videos, confirmed by SA). I think if the dealer in your area is charging extra for rear camera setting, something does not seem right.
Old 19th October 2021, 13:48   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Is the oil change complimentary by Hyundai / Dealer. If not then it should be customers' choice whether to chose mineral or synthetic oil? Am I missing something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Service charge is free but cost of consumables have to be born by you. You can demand for synthetic oil and pay for it.
Yes, the cost of consumables has to be born by us, only the service charge is free. But, they don't have a BS6 grade synthetic oil (as per Hyundai's recommendation) and insists on using mineral oil. I am curios to know if other BHP'ians went through the same ordeal during the 2nd free service.
Old 19th October 2021, 15:08   #1208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocool View Post
Yes, the cost of consumables has to be born by us, only the service charge is free. But, they don't have a BS6 grade synthetic oil (as per Hyundai's recommendation) and insists on using mineral oil. I am curios to know if other BHP'ians went through the same ordeal during the 2nd free service.
Check out the following posts where fellow BHPian srikanthmadhava got synthetic oil in his Creta D at Advaith Hyundai Service Center, Bellandur.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5160158 (Our First Car - 2020 Hyundai Creta SX(O) 1.5 Diesel Automatic Review. EDIT: 10,000 km up)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5119584 (All about diesel engine oils)

Afaik, 2nd service is at 5k kms and doesn't require oil change. Third one at 10k kms/1 year will require new engine oil.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 16:34   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Check out the following posts where fellow BHPian srikanthmadhava got synthetic oil in his Creta D at Advaith Hyundai Service Center, Bellandur.

Afaik, 2nd service is at 5k kms and doesn't require oil change. Third one at 10k kms/1 year will require new engine oil.
Thanks, but these are for Diesel variants, I drive a Petrol variant. I did check RavenAvi's post and it looked like they have used mineral oil on his car as well (from the costs in his bill) - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5129535

On Petrol IVT variants the 2nd free service is at 10Kms/1 Year. I am not sure about DCT and Diesel variants.
autocool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 17:59   #1210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but these are for Diesel variants, I drive a Petrol variant. I did check RavenAvi's post and it looked like they have used mineral oil on his car as well (from the costs in his bill) - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5129535

On Petrol IVT variants the 2nd free service is at 10Kms/1 Year. I am not sure about DCT and Diesel variants.
Though most dealers stock mineral oil, I believe some dealers keep synthetic oil as an option as well. This is true for diesel as well as petrol (1.5 and 1.4). Try calling up the dealers in your area and check before going for service. Ask if you can get your own synthetic oil instead, if not available with them.

In the 3 paid services of my Seltos diesel, they have given me mineral oil by default and I never asked for synthetic. Rather than the expensive synth oil, I get the mineral oil changed every 7-8k kms (instead of 10k).
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 18:21   #1211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Creta D has 1st Service at 1500Kms & 2nd Service at 10K Kms.
Looks like there is no 5K service anymore.

Is it this way for KIA Seltos D as well?

Quote:
You may visit Advaith ORR Bellandur.
They have Shell Synthetic 0w20 as per Srikanth's findings.

Last edited by abhishek46 : 19th October 2021 at 18:24.
Old 19th October 2021, 18:40   #1212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Creta D has 1st Service at 1500Kms & 2nd Service at 10K Kms.
Looks like there is no 5K service anymore.

Is it this way for KIA Seltos D as well?
Seltos' schedule was at 1k, 5k and 10k kms, all free services. Thereafter, paid service every 10k kms. My free services were over by Jun '20 so I am not sure if the schedule has been revised since then.

When is the 3rd free service for Creta?
Old 19th October 2021, 19:37   #1213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seltos' schedule was at 1k, 5k and 10k kms, all free services. Thereafter, paid service every 10k kms. My free services were over by Jun '20 so I am not sure if the schedule has been revised since then.

When is the 3rd free service for Creta?
The 3rd Free Service for the Creta is at 20,000 Kms/2years (which ever is earlier).

Thereafter every service is paid, and at 10,000Km/1 year intervals.
Old 19th October 2021, 19:45   #1214
BHPian

Quote:

Cross posting from the Venue thread as I got the Venue service done today. Hyundai has a circular which the service manager showed me, that mandates mineral oil for both Turbo Petrol and diesel variants of their cars. The reason quoted being performance and knocking issues with Synthetic oil. Not sure if this the reason.

They also have a separate mineral oil for non turbo variants.
NFS2024 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 13:57   #1215
BHPian

Some Updates

Got the first servicing done for Creta yesterday. The CRM team of the dealer was calling twice a week for the past two - three weeks to know the KMs I have travelled and when I will bring the car for servicing. Booked the service for 19th Oct over the phone, did not opt for free pick up and drop. Got the confirmation message on Whatsapp and SMS from Hyundai as well as the dealer along with the Service Advisor details (in the Whatsapp message from the dealer).

Reached at 9:15 AM. Service Advisor pitched the Teflon Coating & Underbody Anti Rust Coating package. I told him that I had already purchased the same (was pushed to purchase) while buying the vehicle. Nothing else was pitched (I was expecting them to pitch Shielf of Trust and Shield of Trust Super).

Since it was the first service so nothing much was to be done. I have asked them to grease all the doors properly. Have asked them to grease the sunroof also with silicon grease. There was some confusion regarding the Teflon Coating & Underbody Anti Rust Coating. As per the Service Advisor, the same would have been applied before the delivery of the car and the next check-up of the same is scheduled after 6 months but I told him that the decision of taking the Teflon and Antirust package was taken 2 hrs before the delivery and the car was already ready for the delivery so the same was not done. He promptly said that in case the same was not done earlier then he will get it done today but it will take additional 2-3 hours. Delivery time was promised at 4:30 PM.

The SA sent all the pictures he clicked before the car entered the service area. I rechecked around 2:30 PM regarding the Teflon & Antirust and he said that it’s done by 3M and their team has not yet reached. Well, he sent me the video of the car getting polished and said that the car would be ready by 5:30 PM. I reached the service centre by 5:30 PM. Went to meet the sales team, collected RC then went to check the car. Signed the invoices. Since it was the first served, the bill amount was Zero. The car was cleaned properly and was polished well.

Have checked regarding the Shield of Trust Super. Finally, was able to clear the mystery of SoT Super. The current price list (across all models) of the Shield of Trust Super is attached below. Will try to analyze the benefit of the same later but it's surprising that SoT Super of Alcazar & Tuscon is cheaper than Creta!!!

Shield of Trust Super

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-hyundai_sot_super_19th_oct_2021.png

General Updates from Dealer:
  • There was no delivery scheduled for Creta for the day. Couple of i20’s and Verna’s were getting delivered.
  • There are some good discounts going on i20 (P/D) – Rs. 40 to 60K discounts are available. The same is not surprising considering the volumes of i20. I remember for Elite i20, there were no discounts even after 3 – 4 years of launch.
  • Overall allocation has been good for the month of Oct and while the allocation is still going on, almost all the cars which are to be delivered by Diwali are allocated. Most of the buyers have pushed for the delivery dates for the festivals so lot of Creta’s are lying in the stock yard. They are expecting allocation of 100+ Creta’s to be delivered before Diwali.
  • Waiting period is the same as before for SX(O) i.e. around 8 months. SX Executive is the fastest which can be delivered (in around 2 months).
  • I have asked about the impact of Skoda Kushaq & Volkswagen Taigun: As per the dealer, it has not impacted the sales at all. Few of the prospective Creta buyers have also booked Skoda Kushaq and Volkswagen Taigun (due to long waiting list) but most of them have cancelled their booking with Skoda and Volkswagen due to recent issues.
  • I have asked about the impact of MG Astor: As per the dealer, it’s wait and watch for them. As of now they have not received any cancellation due to Astor.
  • I have asked about the impact of XUV 700: As per the dealer they are only expecting booking of Creta Diesel SX(O) and Alcazar Diesel to be impacted by XUV 700. As per him, no one in their right mind would touch the petrol variant of XUV 700 due to the mileage. He said that while the engine is very powerful but so much of power cannot be generated just by air. Even Alcazar petrol (which is less 30% less powerful than XUV 700) returns around 9-10 KMPL in city so XUV 700 will not be able to give more than 5 – 7 KMPL. Few of the customers of Creta & Alcazar have booked XUV 700 but only very few are the ones who were able to book in the initial 50K bookings and hence there will be a long waiting. As of now they have not received any cancellation due to XUV 700.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Folks I have booked a Hyundai Creta Diesel SX Executive variant and have been quoted 3 to 6 months waiting period. I was told the regular SX variant is no longer in production. Is it true? Also the Executive variant does not come with any touchscreen system or even a music system for that matter. But they were confident that it could done at the dealership which will integrate the rear.camera as well. Is it even possible or just plain sales talk? Should I upgrade to SX variant if it still in production?
Please help!!
Quote:
Pretty much the same my SA mentioned. I was told they can fix Blaupunkt aftermarket set from dealership. They said it would cost between 25k and 30k with reverse camera integrated. Is it worth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
The SX manual is very much in production. I got mine delivered in the second week of September.
SX Variant is no longer in production. The last batch was manufactured in Aug 2021 (which were delivered till Sept 2021). SX Executive does not have an AVN unit but it comes with speakers and a rear camera. All dealers are offering Nippon/Blaupunkt and these systems are decent enough and the rear camera does integrate well. The fit and finish of the fitment are dealer specific.

Quote:
Well looks like the waiting period is now officially 7-8 months for SX and SX(O) based on an email received from one of the dealership. Worst possible time to buy a vehicle. There are no options for Creta with Seltos waiting period again running into months. Duster is out of production and Kicks again no information from Nissan.
The waiting period for SX (O) of 7 to 8 months was there since June 2021 onwards. I booked my car on 2nd Jan 2021 and got it delivered on 2nd Sept 2021 (exactly 8 months). Semiconductors shortage has impacted the delivery of cars across manufacturers. I guess the situation will normalize only by mid of 2023.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Do these infotainment units suport voice command like that in the S model music system? I was unable to find any video on Youtube showing the use of voice commands with Nippon/Blaupunkt system. Guess hyundai played the clever game here. I myself suggested many to skip the sx exec variant and go for sx as the price jump was justified. Seems like these after fitment head units are a step down from those on ex and S models .
Voice commands are part of Hyundai’s Bluelink and SX Executive does not get the same. Frankly, the novelty of voice command goes away in few days as there are only a fixed set of commands (unlike Google Assistant / Siri / Alexa) and it requires Bluelink to be connected to the server (it does not work offline / with no signal / weak signal). I only use voice commands for setting navigation which works well for famous landmarks only.
HP-BHP is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed