Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2022, 12:45   #1336
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
My Creta's First Birthday !

On this day, a year back, we got this black beauty home

It has been a wonderful year with loads of memories ! I've covered about 13000 kms as I write this, and there has been absolutely no issues, touchwood.
Congratulations Akshay6988 on completing the first year with good memories .
Me myself have converted my booking of SX Executive Pet(done in Oct'21) to SX Manual Pet(bookings resumed from Dec'21). Waiting still continues.
Can you indicate the mileage/cost of running in the first year?
mayankverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 13:14   #1337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
Congratulations Akshay6988 on completing the first year with good memories .
Me myself have converted my booking of SX Executive Pet(done in Oct'21) to SX Manual Pet(bookings resumed from Dec'21). Waiting still continues.
Can you indicate the mileage/cost of running in the first year?
Thanks Mayank ! I have never calculated the mileage using tankful to tankful method. I did use the Fuelio app to log fuel fill ups but I'm too lazy to update it consistently I get mileage anywhere from 12-14 kmpl ( in city, light traffic ) and 17 - 19 kmpl on highways. The lowest mileage I've seen is 7 kmpl, when I was stuck in Udaipur's narrow road and it's traffic. Highest mileage I've extracted is 19.2 kmpl on Pune Solapur highway - 2 people onboard, one luggage bag and maintained speeds of 80 to 90 kph, engaged cruise control most of the time. This NA petrol engine is very capable and fuel efficient as well ! Overall I've spent ₹2600 on second service that included oil change, filter change. Apart from that I have gotten the ceramic coating done on the car for about 18k ₹. I have not yet bought any accessories, as the car already has whatever I needed in it ! You can never go wrong with this variant of the creta, as it's fundamentals are strong and the features make the ownership very pleasant. Hoping your car gets delivered soon !
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 14:16   #1338
BHPian

Is there any way to disable the proximity sensor of the remote? The other day I went for groceries shopping where I parked the car in front of the store and went inside. When I came out my driver side door was open,however nothing missing or damaged.
I guess my remote was till in range of the car. Isn't this a big security issue? I guess the person would have opened it through the sensor button on the handle,hence notification from the bluelink app too.

Last edited by hareshjethwani : 15th January 2022 at 14:20.
Old 15th January 2022, 14:19   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
Is there any way to disable the proximity sensor of the remote. The other day I went for groceries shopping where I parked the car in front of the store and went inside. I think I was still in range of the vechile. When I came out my driver side door was open,however nothing missing or damaged.
This is strange. Normally the range is very short so that the scenario you explained doesn't happen. Was there a chance, one of the doors/boot remained open and the car was not locked when you went inside the shop? Or the key got pressed unknowingly while in your pocket?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 15th January 2022 at 14:21.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 14:25   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
This is strange. Normally the range is very short so that the scenario you explained doesn't happen. Was there a chance, one of the doors/boot remained open and the car was not locked when you went inside the shop? Or the key got pressed unknowingly while in your pocket?
I'm sure I locked the doors through the remote and no indication showing anything was left open. I guess as you mentioned the key got pressed unknowingly. But I seriously hope it's not what I mentioned. But is there any way to disable the proximity sensor?

Last edited by hareshjethwani : 15th January 2022 at 14:26.
Old 15th January 2022, 14:31   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
Is there any way to disable the proximity sensor of the remote? The other day I went for groceries shopping where I parked the car in front of the store and went inside. When I came out my driver side door was open,however nothing missing or damaged.
I guess my remote was till in range of the car. Isn't this a big security issue? I guess the person would have opened it through the sensor button on the handle,hence notification from the bluelink app too.
Hey I think you forgot to lock the car or somehow the unlock button got pressed and you found the car unlocked. The proximity sensor works only on the driver side door area. One more safety feature is if you don't open any door for a minute after unlocking, the car locks itself. Hope that answers your doubt.
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 21:39   #1342
BHPian

It's been over 1 month since we brought our new Creta IVT SX (O) home, and after driving it for about 1800 kms and getting the first service done, here is the initial ownership review:

Positives -
  • Absolutely refined engine and transmission. It feels like a pair made in heaven - ultra refined, no NVH issues. Just the way a NA petrol engine should be. I'm happy to report that we are very much satisfied with the performance as well. It drives effortlessly for most of the times and never feels underpowered. Paddle shifters come to rescue when you need instant power for overtaking. But at the same time, it's definitely not for enthusiastic drivers. The 1.4 turbo does that way better than this humble NA engine. Having said all that, this engine and transmission combo would not disappoint as long as you don't expect it to fly off the zero mark.

• Sorted ergonomics. Everything falls in your hands and the physical knobs and buttons for AC and media controls are a blessing. No complaints with their quality either. Very glad Hyundai didn't go with those fancy but hazardous touch sensitive controls.
  • Features rich. This car is packed with usable features. Ventilated front seats, paddle shifters, wireless charging, powered driver seat, decent Bose speaker system etc. make you feel good everytime you use them.
  • Spacious and comfortable for five adults. It's one of the few cars in the segment which can be termed as a proper five-seater. There is ample head and leg room for all passengers. That beautiful panoramic sunroof brings in lots of light and sense of space into the cabin. Ofcourse, the blind will have to be closed for most of times here in Delhi heat, but it's one of those things which makes the ownership experience sweeter than honey. Everyone loves it. Family, friends, neighbours. Everyone.

• Commands respect. It's been almost two years since the 2020 Creta was launched and it still commands tremendous respect. Pretty much what Honda City did right before Honda decided to mess things up with inferior quality and bizzare cost cutting measures.
  • Looks. Yes, it's subjective and we didn't like it either when we saw it for the first time. But it grows on you as you spend time with it. You want to turn around to look at it after parking it in your garage. The big wide bonnet gives it a much needed muscular looks which our previous generation Creta lacked to some extent.

Negatives -
  • Interior plastic quality. While majority of the plastic used in the car is good and should last for it's lifetime, there are a few places where Hyundai went Maruti's way. One of them is the centre console which is ridiculously cheap and just doesn't belong to a 2 million rupees car. It squeaks and irritates you to your core. Damn you, Hyundai! The other issue is the door dampening. It's just not good enough. The doors vibrate on playing base heavy music which ruins the experience. Door dampening is definitely in our to-do list.
  • Noisy rear suspension. The suspensions on this car work flawlessly on most of the roads, but on certain expansion joints, the rear end makes a thud sound. We had it checked during the first service and after taking usual suspects off the equation such as loose items in the boot, spare tyre, rear seats recline hooks etc, it was determined that it's the way rear suspensions behave. We tested another Creta (a 2020 1.4 turbo in our extended family) on the same patch and it made the same noise, which confirms HASS' claim. It's not a big deal as it's not intrusive or loud, but it's there and we don't like it much.
  • Headlights. There is enough ammo for this topic throughout the internet. Just one word for this post - Disappointing.

Neutral -
  • Hyundai Service. We have owned multiple Hyundai cars now and their service is just about okay. Nothing good, nothing bad. They do the job as long as there is no out of book complaints, but the moment you report anything which is outside their regular maintenance job, they become genetically incapable of rectifying it in one go. You need to be patient with them. The first service was just a formality and they did a decent job with washing and cleaning and checking the car overall.

One quick observation -

The dashboard (the part in white) is rubberized and feels softer than the one in 1.4 turbo with black colour. The difference is very apparent and you can tell the one in our car is softer and much better to touch than the 2020 1.4 turbo. It would be interesting to have someone confirm how it is in the 2021/22 turbo Creta with black interiors.

Now some random pictures taken during our recent road trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20220102_070629.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20220102_070530.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20220102_070512.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20220102_070354.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20211229_082508.jpg  

Col Mehta is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 18:46   #1343
BHPian

Dear Fellow BHPians and CRETA owners,

I need your advice on tire upgrade for my 17" Stock OEM rims on CRETA SX(O) IVT.

My usage is highway driving and frequent visit to mountains (specially during winters - I love snow ).

My car came with 215/60 R17 JK UX Royale tires which to quote are totally budget rubber.

I am looking forward to upgrade to 225 section tires for better stance and grip. My tick boxes are

1. 225/__ R17 section tires. Need your expert advice on correct sidewall configuration.

2. AT Tires (I am thinking of Good Year Wrangler SilentTrac - made for 70% highway and 30% off Road driving as per OEM)

3. HT Tires from Yokohama or Michelin only (in case AT tire option does not fit in)

Please advice me on which tire options are suitable as per my driving requirements.

Thanks in advance. Happy Driving!!
Old 16th January 2022, 19:16   #1344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishrathi88 View Post
My usage is highway driving and frequent visit to mountains (specially during winters - I love snow ).

My car came with 215/60 R17 JK UX Royale tires which to quote are totally budget rubber.

I am looking forward to upgrade to 225 section tires for better stance and grip.
I think 215 width (or even 205) will be better for snow.

If you are determined for 225, then 225/55 or 225/60 shall be fine. The outer diameter of these sizes won't be deviating much from your stock tyre.

Since you will be using the same tyres on the hills and in the city / highway, I would suggest you not to go for AT tyres. Tyre with 205 or 215 width and soft rubber (for better grip) will serve you well over both kinds of terrains.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 19:00   #1345

Dear Fellow BHPians,

First thanks a lot for all your inputs, I booked my Creta SX(O) Diesel AT sometime in October, and managed to convince the SA/Dealer to allow me to buy insurance from outside.

Called up SA to check my booking status, am told the vehicles for 2022 haven’t been allocated yet and I am 7th in line. Moreover, for my colour option, i.e. Phantom Black, I am first, so if black gets allocated to the dealer I’d get the vehicle asap.

Now the interesting part, the SA threw a loft at me and further increased the dilemma of already confused mind, on why not consider Alcazar? As per him by just paying approx. 2,50,000 extra, I get a bigger car with premium interiors and faster delivery.

Honestly, I am already in a confused state ever since I booked Creta, and every second day evaluate other vehicles and find reasons to reject them. For example:
  • Thar – Simply in love with it, wish I could own it, but comes a strict no from wife.
  • Jeep Compass – was almost sold to it, but didn’t want to compromise on the feature list of Creta and Auto Transmission. On paper even stretched my budget to the top end diesel which gives me most features of Creta + Auto Transmission + a punchier engine and 4WD. But I see mixed reviews on AT, and then mind prevails over heart, instead of putting 35L+ in Jeep, I could have both Creta & Thar!
  • Harrier Dark – Oh boy, again I am in love with the macho looks and engine on paper (didn’t test drive it). But, quite a lot of features missing compared to Creta, why Tata why??
  • XUV700 – too big for my taste, thankfully rejected out rightly!

I know many would say that not all of these belong to the same segment, hence not completely comparable. But here’s my requirement which I don’t want to compromise and don’t really care about the segment – Feature Loaded (Creta is the benchmark here) + AT + 5 Seater + Good Ground Clearance + Good Boot space + SUVish (not considering Sedans)

And now, Hyundai SA asking me to consider Alcazar. After spending few sleepless nights thinking over it, crawling other team bhp forums where users had a similar confusion between Alcazar and Creta, here are some pointers for me to drive my decision:
  • Alcazar is heavier than Creta with same engine, am looking at Diesel AT only. So would it be correct to assume that Creta would be more fun to drive than the bigger sister? Anyone who stress tested these two vehicles and justify my statement?
  • I am the primary driver, so rarely would be using the rear seats. The laptop holder, multiple USB charging ports and other gimmicky features of Alcazar aren’t a deal breaker for me. But what I would definitely crave for is the full digital instrument cluster and 360 degree camera offered in Alcazar but not in Creta. As per SA, just to fit the 360 degree camera in Creta as original accessory without voiding any warranty is 65K and another 14K for front parking sensors. So as per him, again the price difference between Creta and Alcazar narrows down if I were to take these essential accessories. Anyone fitted these in Creta?
  • I absolutely do not need the last row seats, and if I go for Alcazar then would keep them folded as I need the boot more.

With these points, would really appreciate your inputs and help me in making a wise decision! Listening to my confusion and my wish list, my cousin actually suggested me to wait for the next facelift of Creta. Once again, thanks for going through this long post!
bhavikbochar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 19:45   #1346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavikbochar View Post
Dear Fellow BHPians,

First thanks a lot for all your inputs, I booked my Creta SX(O) Diesel AT sometime in October, and managed to convince the SA/Dealer to allow me to buy insurance from outside.

Called up SA to check my booking status, am told the vehicles for 2022 haven’t been allocated yet and I am 7th in line. Moreover, for my colour option, i.e. Phantom Black, I am first, so if black gets allocated to the dealer I’d get the vehicle asap.

Now the interesting part, the SA threw a loft at me and further increased the dilemma of already confused mind, on why not consider Alcazar? As per him by just paying approx. 2,50,000 extra, I get a bigger car with premium interiors and faster delivery.

Honestly, I am already in a confused state ever since I booked Creta, and every second day evaluate other vehicles and find reasons to reject them. For example:
  • Thar – Simply in love with it, wish I could own it, but comes a strict no from wife.
  • Jeep Compass – was almost sold to it, but didn’t want to compromise on the feature list of Creta and Auto Transmission. On paper even stretched my budget to the top end diesel which gives me most features of Creta + Auto Transmission + a punchier engine and 4WD. But I see mixed reviews on AT, and then mind prevails over heart, instead of putting 35L+ in Jeep, I could have both Creta & Thar!
  • Harrier Dark – Oh boy, again I am in love with the macho looks and engine on paper (didn’t test drive it). But, quite a lot of features missing compared to Creta, why Tata why??
  • XUV700 – too big for my taste, thankfully rejected out rightly!

I know many would say that not all of these belong to the same segment, hence not completely comparable. But here’s my requirement which I don’t want to compromise and don’t really care about the segment – Feature Loaded (Creta is the benchmark here) + AT + 5 Seater + Good Ground Clearance + Good Boot space + SUVish (not considering Sedans)

And now, Hyundai SA asking me to consider Alcazar. After spending few sleepless nights thinking over it, crawling other team bhp forums where users had a similar confusion between Alcazar and Creta, here are some pointers for me to drive my decision:
  • Alcazar is heavier than Creta with same engine, am looking at Diesel AT only. So would it be correct to assume that Creta would be more fun to drive than the bigger sister? Anyone who stress tested these two vehicles and justify my statement?
  • I am the primary driver, so rarely would be using the rear seats. The laptop holder, multiple USB charging ports and other gimmicky features of Alcazar aren’t a deal breaker for me. But what I would definitely crave for is the full digital instrument cluster and 360 degree camera offered in Alcazar but not in Creta. As per SA, just to fit the 360 degree camera in Creta as original accessory without voiding any warranty is 65K and another 14K for front parking sensors. So as per him, again the price difference between Creta and Alcazar narrows down if I were to take these essential accessories. Anyone fitted these in Creta?
  • I absolutely do not need the last row seats, and if I go for Alcazar then would keep them folded as I need the boot more.

With these points, would really appreciate your inputs and help me in making a wise decision! Listening to my confusion and my wish list, my cousin actually suggested me to wait for the next facelift of Creta. Once again, thanks for going through this long post!
If you are mainly going to be between 1- 4 passengers then Creta would serve you just right. It is fun to drive and given its right size, is quite easy to maneuver and park. Anyone in your family would also find it relatively easy to drive.

2.5 lacs is not a small sum to spend to get a bigger boot / 3rd row (both of which are not a must for you if I understand right). My SA mentioned about INR 35k for 360camera but I didn't go for it as I still wanted to make use of my senses while driving and not become over dependent on technology. But it is individual choice I guess.

I'd say if you want to stick to your needs and don't want to strech budget then Creta SX(O) D AT is just perfect balance.

Just some food for thought. If the logic of just 2.5Lac was that straightforward to move to Alcazar then it should have reflected in Alcazar numbers, which is not the case. So looks like there are many people who are not finding value in upgrade to Alcazar even if it means faster delivery.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 17th January 2022 at 19:52.
Aviator_guy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 20:04   #1347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
If you are mainly going to be between 1- 4 passengers then Creta would serve you just right. It is fun to drive and given its right size, is quite easy to maneuver and park. Anyone in your family would also find it relatively easy to drive.

2.5 lacs is not a small sum to spend to get a bigger boot / 3rd row (both of which are not a must for you if I understand right). My SA mentioned about INR 35k for 360camera but I didn't go for it as I still wanted to make use of my senses while driving and not become over dependent on technology. But it is individual choice I guess.

I'd say if you want to stick to your needs and don't want to strech budget then Creta SX(O) D AT is just perfect balance.

Just some food for thought. If the logic of just 2.5Lac was that straightforward to move to Alcazar then it should have reflected in Alcazar numbers, which is not the case. So looks like there are many people who are not finding value in upgrade to Alcazar even if it means faster delivery.
Thanks Aviatur_guy! Agree with you on 2.5L not being a small amount and Alcazar numbers. Btw, 35K for 360 camera was it from Hyundai Genuine accesory? And may I ask which city is this from?

Btw, missed to add one more point in favor of Alcazar, the top end gets 18 inch wheels, so SA mentioned ground clearance increases from 190 to 200mm plus the looks! Wondering if lower variants of Alcazar has 17 inch wheels and if the top variant accommodates 18 inch, can we upgrade tyres of Creta to 18 inch too? If yes, am all sorted with Creta without further consideration.
Old 17th January 2022, 20:25   #1348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavikbochar View Post
Thanks Aviatur_guy! Agree with you on 2.5L not being a small amount and Alcazar numbers. Btw, 35K for 360 camera was it from Hyundai Genuine accesory? And may I ask which city is this from?

Btw, missed to add one more point in favor of Alcazar, the top end gets 18 inch wheels, so SA mentioned ground clearance increases from 190 to 200mm plus the looks! Wondering if lower variants of Alcazar has 17 inch wheels and if the top variant accommodates 18 inch, can we upgrade tyres of Creta to 18 inch too? If yes, am all sorted with Creta without further consideration.
I'm from Bangalore,;didn't pursue 360canera option so not sure about brand etc. But 65k sounds like a lot!

Creta comes with 16" and 17" tyre sizes and not sure if 18" would be recommended (let's suppose it is feasible) as you have to opt for low profile tyre which will impact ride comfort and may also interfere with the suspension etc. Do check with some experts about it. It may be overkill on Creta IMHO.

If you add costs of adding 360camera and tyre (plus alloys) upgrade on Creta then the delta with Alcazar would be much lower than 2.5lacs (may be between 1 to 1.5 lacs) so do weigh in these in your decision making.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 17th January 2022 at 20:37.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 20:51   #1349
BHPian

Hi,

I feel based on your requirements and the price difference of 2.5 lacs which is substantial in my opinion, it is better to stick to Creta. (2.5 lacs would be at least 02 years of diesel, considering 1500km/month and mixed fuel efficiency of 14kmpl, with diesel cost of 90/-)

Not to confuse you but 'IF' and only IF you tilt towards to Alcazar, I would recommend to have a look at KIA Carens.

Happy motoring.
smileline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 21:04   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishrathi88 View Post
I need your advice on tire upgrade for my 17" Stock OEM rims on CRETA SX(O) IVT.

I am looking forward to upgrade to 225 section tires for better stance and grip. My tick boxes are

1. 225/__ R17 section tires. Need your expert advice on correct sidewall configuration
I am using Yokohama Earth 1 225/55/R17 section tires on my 1st gen Creta. Having used the tires for over a year on all types of roads & conditions; I personally feel that 215/60/R17 is a perfect size for the Creta.

Agreed that 225 will improve the stance of your car & also provide better grip; but all of this will come at a cost of depletion of the ride quality. Moreover, the 1st Gen Creta has a slightly softer suspension compared to the 2nd. So I guess it’ll be even worse for your car. I don’t think 225 will be of any drastic improvement over 215’s.

Instead, if you are really unhappy with the JK’s, spend that money on 215 section Michelins. I think this should suffice your requirement.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks