Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2022, 07:33   #1366
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Am also on the same boat. My AVN is sort of dead now with reverse camera display always on. I did check out few Android based headunits last month.
I wanted to go with Pioneer/Sony but the one I saw was 7" and was too small. Plus it wasn't an Android unit but came with Android Auto/Apple Carplay. Expensive as well (Around 22k).

Android based units were all Chinese and the UI was just ok. The 2gb configuration was quoted 15k and came with free camera. Surprisingly, they mentioned that the stock camera wont work with this unit.Haven't explored Pioneer/Sony Android based units as they might be expensive.

So haven't really made my decision. Do keep me updated on your purchase.

As for the dashcam, I use Aukey. Details here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4554915 (It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O))
Thanks for your response. I visited my FNG and these Android HUs are such a rage these days.. my FNG which is otherwise 100% mechanical has started installing these. He showed me some Mattrix brand - looked like a China make product. It integrates with front and rear dashcams, parking cameras and steering controls. But my bigger concern is the stability of their software. The ICE thread suggests woodman or hypersonic brand but the concern remains the same. I'm planning to visit the Karol Bagh market here in Delhi to see more of these in flesh and then take a call.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 08:15   #1367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
The ICE thread suggests woodman or hypersonic brand but the concern remains the same. I'm planning to visit the Karol Bagh market here in Delhi to see more of these in flesh and then take a call.
All these are same except for the UI. Each shop promote brands that they have tied up with. Here, they promote "Geesonic" even when they have branded stuff. "Nippon" is another brand that am closely watching. Do check that as well.
Hypersonic got mixed reviews and some have reported issues in the long run. I need to check few more shops and see but all will be these Chinese brands though.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 09:00   #1368
Senior - BHPian

Any idea about the waiting period for Creta E diesel?

Off-topic:
To those planning to install Android HU + amplifier, please have a look at Sony XAV-AX7000, it comes with an inbuilt amplifier(100x4) instead of the regular(50x4) as against grey market android HU's.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 1st February 2022 at 09:09.
Old 1st February 2022, 11:20   #1369

A quick update on the rear creaky sound I mentioned earlier… Went to HASS again and asked for a permanent fix rather than the cello tape jugaad… SA was hesitant first but later on agreed to take it to the body shop and fix it for good. He called me from the body shop and said the problem is not with the boot hinge lock but something else. He asked me to keep the vehicle for a day so that they can open up the rear shocks and check for any issues… I said no but I can wait if they can return it by evening. He was okay with it and started working on it after lunch and finished it by evening and test drove it and the problem was fixed with no noise even after removing the tape. I asked for the issue… but he said there was no issue whatsoever with the shocks they opened it greased it a little bit and it solved the problem (according to him).
But I had so many questions in my mind like how there was no noise when they did the tape jugaad, if the issue was with the shocks…🤔.. but no answer.. evaded it.
Before all this, I asked him if I can be present with the car all along so that I can see/shoot the repair so that I can post it in our forum which might help other bhpians with same issue but he didn’t let me… when I argued why not….. he simply requested very politely for not to… I didn’t want to be adamant and accepted his request. But now I will never know what was the actual issue. Anyways it got solved and I am happy now.
Syperam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 15:43   #1370
Senior - BHPian

Dropped car for first service. Car had done a little over 5k in a year. Funny thing happened. I complained to the SA that my rear wiper washer isn't functioning for months. Since running was low and rarely use rear washer I didn't try fixing it earlier. After service he comes to me and says the car's Missing its nozzle. I said that's how the car was dispatched from factory, and that exposed area was reported on this forum itself in 2020. Anyway he said part not in stock so will call me when it arrives. My other issue was my front wipers leaving streaks no matter how many times i clean wiper with damp microfiber cloth. He said wiper blades need changing and he suggested i change it before monsoon since don't need it these hot days. I agreed. Do a pair of OEM Hyundai front wipers cost 1000 a pair? Anyway post service I seem to have a peculiar issue. Everytime i close driver side door there's something vibrating externally. I shut door 10 times and I think the wiper blades they inspected is loose and hitting the glass when i close door. Will get it rectified when the nozzle arrives and they'll call me.

I tried to stick to manual recommended service but the SA added up things like Sanitization and consumables to add another 400 odd rupees to inflate the bill. It was a Sunday and they had less staff and I was in no mood to argue. Got wheel rotated, aligned and balanced.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20220130_094538.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20220130_095138.jpg  

Nithesh_M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 16:49   #1371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Do a pair of OEM Hyundai front wipers cost 1000 a pair? Anyway post service I seem to have a peculiar issue. Everytime i close driver side door there's something vibrating externally. I shut door 10 times and I think the wiper blades they inspected is loose and hitting the glass when i close door. Will get it rectified when the nozzle arrives and they'll call me.
Get the wipers from Boodmo. It was cost less than 500 bucks. Just make sure that they have locked the wiper blades in place.
When you park the car, lift the wiper arm and place the wiper in upright position. When in normal position, dirt and debris can get accumulated and also during summer, the rubber gets heated up quickly when rested on the glass. Not a foolproof method, but improves the life of the wiper blades.
naveen.raju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 12:31   #1372

Yesterday night some idiotic 2wheeler guy rammed in to my car while taking a u-turn (with indicators on)… he tried to get pass me from right while I was taking a u-turn… I was dead slow (almost at 0) while taking the turn… I don’t know how he thought to go through that small space between me and the divider… I was looking him in the side orvm and thought he will pass me through left but in a jiffy he hit me on my driver side door and was about to hit the road but managed his bike and hurried away before I got down.
I am in dilemma to go to HASS and claim insurance or shall I do it anywhere else at my own expense (as I think it’s a bit minor damage and will affect my next yr premium)… Another thing, on the rear door there is a small scratch (next to door handle) with a slight dent visible only when seen through side ways…. Do I need to go for its repair (if I do then I think they will paint the whole door) or shall I leave it and feel miserable whenever I see it.
Please need your valuable inputs for taking a decision … Thanks 🙏🏼 in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-18d7e54779334b889d842e7c51673f67.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-346c037d8ca8492080e9f65ed6f1bf2c.jpeg  

Syperam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 14:29   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syperam View Post
Yesterday night some idiotic 2wheeler guy rammed in to my car while taking a u-turn (with indicators on)… he tried to get pass me from right while I was taking a u-turn… I was dead slow (almost at 0) while taking the turn… I don’t know how he thought to go through that small space between me and the divider… I was looking him in the side orvm and thought he will pass me through left but in a jiffy he hit me on my driver side door and was about to hit the road but managed his bike and hurried away before I got down.
I am in dilemma to go to HASS and claim insurance or shall I do it anywhere else at my own expense (as I think it’s a bit minor damage and will affect my next yr premium)… Another thing, on the rear door there is a small scratch (next to door handle) with a slight dent visible only when seen through side ways…. Do I need to go for its repair (if I do then I think they will paint the whole door) or shall I leave it and feel miserable whenever I see it.
Please need your valuable inputs for taking a decision … Thanks ���� in advance.
Make this an insurance claim, the HASS would charge anywhere between 5000/- to 10,000/- for your damage. This dent on the door requires denting and then painting. The whole of this door shall be painted to match the remaining vehicle. The ASS would take minimum 2 days to do this job. Do not worry about the NCB, your peace of mind matters. NCB is meant to deter you from making claims, do not fall into the lure of NCB.

The second option would be to get this job done at your neighborhood car denter cum painter who will do this job of denting and painting within 12 hours on a dry sunny day.

I had similar damage like yours on my rear right door and I got the damage dented and painted at my neighborhood denter -painter's shop within 9 hours for a total cost of Rs.2000/-
My HASS was asking for 3 days to repair & process the claim, and I couldn't spare my car for more than a day, so opted to spend 2000/- and get the job done within my office hours.

Last edited by Sushil Pingua : 6th February 2022 at 14:48. Reason: sunny day
Sushil Pingua is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 08:08   #1374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Please need your valuable inputs for taking a decision … Thanks 🙏🏼 in advance.
Sorry to hear about the mishap.
Get it repaired from HASS but don't hurry on the work. We once had a bitter experience on our i10. The second time we asked them to take their time and told them that the finish should be perfect.
Just drop in this line as I have seen other manufacturers messing this up before.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 11:51   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
I am in dilemma to go to HASS and claim insurance or shall I do it anywhere else at my own expense
Its not as bad as it looks. If you want all the damages gone fully, HASS folks will recommend replacing the door or at least repaint the entire door if they manage to get the dent fixed flawlessly. Go to a reputed FNG to get the dent fixed and get your car polished. From the looks of it you should be able to manage a 95% back to normal fix but there will mild visible scratches if looked at closely. Its difficult to ascertain these things over a picture precisely but I don't think this is worth sinking into your insurance and loosing out on NCB.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 13:17   #1376

Quote:
A quick update on the rear creaky sound I mentioned earlier…
====
Anyways it got solved and I am happy now.
I had faced same creaky noise issue from boot lock hinge and SA from HASS applied grease on the hinge after which the noise stopped. I think your SA would have meant grease applied on lock hinge or may be he was not aware what was exactly done by the mechanic.
Old 9th February 2022, 20:39   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Not a foolproof method, but improves the life of the wiper blades.
Actually this works wonders. I used the stock wipers on my Polo for 3 years, before I changed them for a frameless look. Even then, the wipers were doing a pretty good job... I've still got them in case the frameless ones give up on me.

Only thing I religiously follow is lift the wipers upright every time I'm parking for more than a couple of hours, sun or shade doesn't matter.
Old 13th February 2022, 20:56   #1378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post

Navigation and AVN Software Update - Creta SX & SX(O)

You can download the update from https://india.map-care.com

Change log in the latest navigation:

- New Map Version: IN.14.41.44.450.102.1
- New Software Version: BI3.IND.HMC.210420.4a21625

The software update in the car takes 25 mins approx and you need to keep the car engine started during this time.

I am attaching the guide (refer to page no. 30 for Creta).

I have uploaded the video guide for everyone's reference on Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wbY...ew?usp=sharing
Thanks for posting this. I tried doing this on my Creata SX(O) 2021MY today. The usb drive got created and file was downloaded. However, when i inserted it into the car, it only treated the USB as a music source and played all the dings. I tried it once with usb plugged in before starting the car and once again inserting after starting the engine. All the videos & manuals show that the system will automatically recognize the usb and ask if i want to update. This did not happen in my case. Even the 'update' button on the device id and map versions screen is disabled.

Anyone else tried this successfully? Am i missing out on any step?

My current map version is IN.12.47.48.562.7 and software version is SU2.IND.SOP.006.1.201019
Old 14th February 2022, 16:34   #1379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
Thanks for posting this. However, when i inserted it into the car, it only treated the USB as a music source and played all the dings. I tried it once with usb plugged in before starting the car and once again inserting after starting the engine.
My current map version is IN.12.47.48.562.7 and software version is SU2.IND.SOP.006.1.201019
Can you please confirm the file version which you have downloaded and the file size? Since your's is Creta SX(O) MY2021 the downloaded file should be with Map-Version IN.14.41.44.450.202.2 and the file size will be 12.1 GB in size.

Actually, there are two different options on the website. 1st one comes under All New Creta 21MY (which has the update file of 12.1 GB). This option only has the model year as 2021. The second option is All New Creta (which has an update file of 8.04 GB). This option has the model year as 2020 and 2021.

Both options have Map Version IN.14.41.44.450.202.2.
Old 14th February 2022, 18:38   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post
Can you please confirm the file version which you have downloaded and the file size? Since your's is Creta SX(O) MY2021 the downloaded file should be with Map-Version IN.14.41.44.450.202.2 and the file size will be 12.1 GB in size.

Actually, there are two different options on the website. 1st one comes under All New Creta 21MY (which has the update file of 12.1 GB). This option only has the model year as 2021. The second option is All New Creta (which has an update file of 8.04 GB). This option has the model year as 2020 and 2021.

Both options have Map Version IN.14.41.44.450.202.2.
I have selected the All New Creta 21MY update as i felt this might be relevant for my 2021 Make car. When it didn't work, I was wondering if i should change the car to All New Creta instead of 21MY. We need to contact the call center and get it updated (you cannot update it yourself if the VIN has been registered once).

Most Viewed