Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2022, 22:35   #1411
BHPian
 
PraNeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 635
Thanked: 1,837 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric.O View Post
Read somewhere that a Hyundai Customer was beaten by the dealership? Why does incidents like these keep happening in our country? I've seen people begging Hyundai Dealers for early delivery of their cars. What has gone into their head. Was the Mahindra Incident not a wake up call ?
Here is the video by a popular adventurous blogger about this incident. While I don't support his style of reviews but this video is really serious.
He claims that his brother was beaten up by the dealership staff as they had refused to take down an earlier service video.
The injuries are of serious nature!!
While I agree that what happened inside the dealership is not known, but it actually makes one think, that road rage like scenarios can now happen in dealerships as well?

PraNeel is offline  
Old 16th March 2022, 00:22   #1412
BHPian
 
Bismaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: OD
Posts: 184
Thanked: 234 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Here is the video by a popular adventurous blogger about this incident. While I don't support his style of reviews but this video is really serious.
He claims that his brother was beaten up by the dealership staff as they had refused to take down an earlier service video.
The injuries are of serious nature!!
While I agree that what happened inside the dealership is not known, but it actually makes one think, that road rage like scenarios can now happen in dealerships as well?

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=yrZVxeirJNc


Another video on the same topic. This is a serious issue now. Hyundai needs to get off their high horse and evaluate what kind of dealers have taken their franchise.

Such dealership should get their license suspended, strict legal action should be taken against the miscreants involved, right to the top level management and it's petty on how they keep asking customer reviews to be taken off YouTube. The new thing we know, Hyundai will ask to have these posts taken off TBHP.

The dealership goons had no right of destroying anyone's phone. It still counts as destruction of personal property.

First they get into Political Issues and now this. I think it's high time people start considering what kind of service they can expect from Hyundai.

I do not own a Hyundai and never did. Creta has been a personal favourite for my folks ever since it was launched but this seems like a mistake now. When considering a SUV, I think people should strongly consider this incident into account and consider other options.

My family owns a Baleno (Dualjet 1.2) and Maruti 800 MPFi. There is a reason people keep going back to MSIL. Their "customer is god" behaviour has always been appreciated and never have I ever seen such behaviour from MSIL dealers or Nexa.

They are on thin iceberg. And this time the apple has fallen way far off the tree. If this isn't a wake up call for the consumers, I am not sure what is.
Bismaya is offline  
Old 16th March 2022, 07:57   #1413
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 4,665
Thanked: 7,880 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismaya View Post
The new thing we know, Hyundai will ask to have these posts taken off TBHP.
Videos maybe, but they definitely can't ask to take down posts that points out our opinions unless there was any non disclosure statement in place like for car reviews etc.

I had posted about the Santro when we (well, my wife actually) got a chance to see the car before it was launched.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4393791 (The next-gen Hyundai Santro)

I had no intention of posting it but was forced to do it because of the poorly managed event.
I was asked to take down the post by Hyundai and even the survey office CEO came to my house with the request.

Sorry for the OT.
naveen.raju is offline  
Old 16th March 2022, 18:41   #1414
Senior - BHPian
 
Nithesh_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 1,096
Thanked: 2,397 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Dropped car for first service. Car had done a little over 5k in a year. Funny thing happened. I complained to the SA that my rear wiper washer isn't functioning for months. Since running was low and rarely use rear washer I didn't try fixing it earlier. After service he comes to me and says the car's Missing its nozzle. I said that's how the car was dispatched from factory, and that exposed area was reported on this forum itself in 2020. Anyway he said part not in stock so will call me when it arrives. Will get it rectified when the nozzle arrives and they'll call me.
An update on this. The service center never called after service nor has Hyundai for feedback. Very disappointing. Anyway I dropped by at service center this afternoon where my SA had asked to see if another cars nozzle will fit till the actual part arrives. Apparently Hyundai keeps sending them the wrong nozzle each time hence they didn't ask me to come back.

Anyway a big issue happened today. Does anyone else experience the seatbelt failing to retract after you've removed them? I often find my seatbelt hanging by the seat near the door and today it bit me. Well not literally bit me but bit the car with a big dent on the door sill. It literally feels like I've been stabbed though.

What happened was I was waiting for the SA sat in the car and when he arrived I got out and he got in. As he turned the ignition on I closed the door without realising the seat belt buckle was hanging outside the doorsill.

As a result the buckle literally ended up being hammered onto the door sill by the door.

SA said I'd have to remove dent for 1.5k from bodyshop. I'm not confident of handing over the car to bodyshop for small issue so he agreed to touch up the dent for now.

A query, should i get the dent removed and repaint asap to avoid potential corrosion issue or is the touchup enough for now? Asking this because door sills are more prone to rust as is.

The last image is me showing how it happened. I looked up online and this seatbelt issue is a common thing on some Hyundai and BMWs.
https://www.hyundai-forums.com/threa...r-sill.220322/

https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/i...-belts.134039/
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20220316wa0045.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20220316wa0047.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20220316wa0049.jpeg  


Last edited by Nithesh_M : 16th March 2022 at 18:47. Reason: Added link
Nithesh_M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 21:41   #1415
BHPian
 
mayankverma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Noida
Posts: 85
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
Price for SX remains the same as per current info, although final invoice will tell if any difference comes. SA says the price increase in Jan'22 was for this feature addition (although initial lots from 2022 didn't have this cluster).
Update on this. The Feb manufactured Creta SX PET I am being offered by the dealer (I did a PDI as well today)has an analogcluster. Saw a diesel SX of feb manufacturing in the yard and it had the digital cluster. I guess the cherry on top is reserved for diesel customers only
Anyone has seen a march manufactured creta SX PET with digital cluster? Let me know.
mayankverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 18:54   #1416
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,634
Thanked: 4,536 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

I just came back from my first real "longer" trip post the Covid , basically a dash to Mahabaleshwar and back. I stayed at the TGL Resort (highly recommended). But equally impressive was my Creta's performance in a typical highway+ghat scenario. The car is just so refined in terms of diesel engine + AT transmission combo, that I have to mention it at the risk of overstating. At no point I felt lack of performance or power at the wheels. The highway dynamics were also pretty sorted (this coming from an ex Duster owner). And to top it all, I got an indicated fuel efficiency of 23.5 kmpl during my return leg. Of course the light traffic also helped the cause, but still its a great figure, without needing to do any hypermiling. A steady 80-100 kph on the highway was all that was required. This experience just strengthens the credentials of the Creta automatic-diesel. Also a point to note: I am on stock JK UX Royale tyres, and they've been really good, contrary to popular perception about JK tyres.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 22nd March 2022 at 19:00.
fhdowntheline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 19:14   #1417
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 484
Thanked: 437 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
Update on this. The Feb manufactured Creta SX PET I am being offered by the dealer (I did a PDI as well today)has an analogcluster. Saw a diesel SX of feb manufacturing in the yard and it had the digital cluster. I guess the cherry on top is reserved for diesel customers only
Anyone has seen a march manufactured creta SX PET with digital cluster? Let me know.
There are online videos which mentioned that digital cluster is planned for SX-Diesel. Not sure if your SA confused you by saying it's on SX - P also. Or may be it is reserved to be released in future!
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 19:20   #1418
DVK
BHPian
 
DVK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: .
Posts: 33
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post

Anyway a big issue happened today. Does anyone else experience the seatbelt failing to retract after you've removed them? I often find my seatbelt hanging by the seat near the door and today it bit me.
It almost happened with me sometime ago too. It is a simple case of the belt overlapping on itself. I experienced it on other cars too over the years. I am not sure if there is a work around for it.

For my Creta, it is a case of once bitten twice shy, I always ensure that the belt buckle is back into its resting place before getting out.

On the damage, I do not think it is wise spending money on such a minor issue. Maybe I am mistaken, but, leaving it so will serve as a good reminder for the future ?


On an unrelated note, there are two things I want the other Creta owners to know. For context, I am talking about a 22k run 2020 manufactured Sx(O) IVT
  1. The handbrake switch is really finicky and the cover broke on me a few months ago. Applying the handbrake by pulling the switch up is not a problem, however if you are in the habit of removing the handbrake by pushing the button in (I do not do this, I slot into D/R/N), then please be aware that the button itself is held by two small clips which can easily break and dislodge the cover. In my case it did not affect the functionality, it still was an eyesore though. The switch itself does not come in one piece as spare and the entire assembly needs to be replaced.
  2. One of the dual tone horns failed on me last week. Promptly got it replaced under warranty by the dealership. I was a bit surprised when this happened, hoping this one lasts me longer.
    P.S: I have no modifications done to the car, for anyone doubting.
DVK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 00:57   #1419
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 10
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Hey guys, so after a long wait, finally received the call from SA that a car has been allocated to me and left the Hyundai Factory and should reach the dealership in the next 4 to 5 days. He asked me to plan the finances and finalize the accessories.

SA tried to push to go for a financing option through them, I promptly refused as I am getting a better deal as a top-up on my Home Loan, so planning to use funds from the Home loan top-up and pay outrightly to the dealer.

Got, a couple of questions here would appreciate your valuable feedback/suggestions on them:

Firstly, SA is pushing for immediate payment, or before 31st March, seems they are ok for Cheque too as they need to register the sale this month itself. Shouldn’t the payment be done only after the vehicle has arrived? How safe would it be to release full payment to the dealer for an in-transit vehicle? If I refuse and extend by a couple of days can they allocate my booking to the next buyer?

Another one is on the mode of payment, I asked whether I can make full payment through credit card, apparently, they would charge 1.25% on the transaction amount for this. I requested if this can be waived off or reduced, SA said no chance of full waiver but will check with the accounts team on part discount and cautioned me not to keep high hopes on this.

Wondering if any fellow members made a credit card purchase of their car and can they share their experience? Even, if they don’t reduce the transaction amount, I am still tempted to swipe my card as I get 3.33% reward points, so there’s a good arbitrage opportunity here.

Next are the accessories. Had a long meeting with the accessories guy, and am contemplating the below accessories from them (I will be mostly getting a 20% discount on the quoted prices below):
  • Ceramic Coating - Rs 30,000 (3 Years Warranty) [tempted for this only because booked Phantom Black color]
  • Anti Rust Coating - Rs 5000
  • Floor Lamination(Scratch Proof) - Rs 10,000 [Is it really useful after the 3D mats? does the price look fair or way overpriced?]
  • Front Parking Sensors (2 sensor eyes and they’ll install a small switch for on/off of the sensor on fusebox cap) - Rs 10,000 [not sure if this is too overpriced, but will come with a mental peace of my general warranty not getting void as wirings will be dealt by the Hyundai authorized dealer.]

Accessories are being pushed by the dealer and I am skeptical:
  • Suncontrol Film - Rs 30,000 for Full Vehicle/Rs 18,000 only for windshield - Now this is tricky, as it's not RTA approved. Moreover, there are mixed reviews about excess fogging on windshields with sun films. If at all I go for it I'll only be interested in the windshield only - any experiences here?
  • PPF - Rs 8500 [This would be over and above the ceramic coating and would cover side bumpers and ORVM]
  • 3D camera - Rs 60,000 [Didn’t really pay attention to his pitch after listening to the price ]

A shoutout to SA - I went with this dealer on the condition that I would be buying the insurance from outside, honestly given the huge demand and long waiting lists going beyond initially committed dates, I wasn’t really sure that they’d honor their commitment. Not only did they match the outside quote, but they also assured me that the essential accessories pack mentioned in the invoice is optional and I can remove them - they have 2 line items there:
  1. one for 6150 (3D mats and mudflaps - will take these)
  2. another for 8710 (Pillow, Swach Can, etc. I’ll avoid this pack)

Also, now the free wonder warranty is limited to only 3 years, so planning to get the 4th year extended warranty for Rs 16,526 and exclude Shield of Trust costing Rs 14,000

Minor accessories planned to take from the dealer are scuff plates and door edge guards.

Thanks again for going through this post, would really appreciate your feedback!
bhavikbochar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 08:31   #1420
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 4,665
Thanked: 7,880 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavikbochar View Post
Next are the accessories. Had a long meeting with the accessories guy, and am contemplating the below accessories from them (I will be mostly getting a 20% discount on the quoted prices below):
  • Ceramic Coating - Rs 30,000 (3 Years Warranty) [tempted for this only because booked Phantom Black color]
  • Anti Rust Coating - Rs 5000
  • Floor Lamination(Scratch Proof) - Rs 10,000 [Is it really useful after the 3D mats? does the price look fair or way overpriced?]
  • Front Parking Sensors (2 sensor eyes and they’ll install a small switch for on/off of the sensor on fusebox cap) - Rs 10,000 [not sure if this is too overpriced, but will come with a mental peace of my general warranty not getting void as wirings will be dealt by the Hyundai authorized dealer.]

Accessories are being pushed by the dealer and I am skeptical:
  • Suncontrol Film - Rs 30,000 for Full Vehicle/Rs 18,000 only for windshield - Now this is tricky, as it's not RTA approved. Moreover, there are mixed reviews about excess fogging on windshields with sun films. If at all I go for it I'll only be interested in the windshield only - any experiences here?
  • PPF - Rs 8500 [This would be over and above the ceramic coating and would cover side bumpers and ORVM]
  • 3D camera - Rs 60,000 [Didn’t really pay attention to his pitch after listening to the price ]

A shoutout to SA - I went with this dealer on the condition that I would be buying the insurance from outside, honestly given the huge demand and long waiting lists going beyond initially committed dates, I wasn’t really sure that they’d honor their commitment. Not only did they match the outside quote, but they also assured me that the essential accessories pack mentioned in the invoice is optional and I can remove them - they have 2 line items there:
  1. one for 6150 (3D mats and mudflaps - will take these)
  2. another for 8710 (Pillow, Swach Can, etc. I’ll avoid this pack)

Also, now the free wonder warranty is limited to only 3 years, so planning to get the 4th year extended warranty for Rs 16,526 and exclude Shield of Trust costing Rs 14,000
Ceramic coating price looks good and even better since you will get further 20% discount.
Anti rust coating - you mean underbody coating? Price is reasonable.
Floor lamination - Get those 3d mats. I personally won't recommend those vinyl type laminates.
Front parking sensor - That's expensive. I had casually inquired here few months back for my friend and they quoted 3k for 2 sensors.
Sun films - Check which brand and model.
PPF - entire car of just the bumpers and ORVM?
3D camera - Expected since the ones on Innova Crysta came to 45k.

Having said that, all these can be done outside for a much better service and price. Invest on getting extended warranty from the showroom. That's a most as these electronics will have issues after many years (I am still using the first gen Creta).
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 08:47   #1421
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 484
Thanked: 437 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavikbochar View Post

Got, a couple of questions here would appreciate your valuable feedback/suggestions on them:

Firstly, SA is pushing for immediate payment, or before 31st March, seems they are ok for Cheque too as they need to register the sale this month itself. Shouldn’t the payment be done only after the vehicle has arrived? How safe would it be to release full payment to the dealer for an in-transit vehicle? If I refuse and extend by a couple of days can they allocate my booking to the next buyer?

!
For high demand cars, that's how dealers are working. I don't think you have much leeway here as they allot the car to others who can arrange finance faster. Unless you are willing to wait for next opportunity, you should arrange funds. Check if it is possible to do PDI before fund release (don't have high hopes but worth a shot).

Before you issue cheque or make any payment, ask them to send you email about car allotment with the car VIN and Engine number.

Are they asking for upfront payment of accessories / additional stuff you are planning to purchase with them? These can be negotiated to pay upon delivery or one or two days before delivery so that you spend less time on delivery day in going thru paperwork.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 28th March 2022 at 08:51.
Aviator_guy is offline  
Old 28th March 2022, 08:58   #1422
BHPian
 
Akshay6988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Pune
Posts: 389
Thanked: 2,162 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post


Anyway a big issue happened today. Does anyone else experience the seatbelt failing to retract after you've removed them? I often find my seatbelt hanging by the seat near the door and today it bit me. Well not literally bit me but bit the car with a big dent on the door sill. It literally feels like I've been stabbed though.
Touch up the area where paint is chipped off and you'll be fine. There are notches on each side of rear seat bench, make sure you tuck in the seatbelt buckle in that notch, when not in use !
Akshay6988 is offline  
Old 28th March 2022, 11:44   #1423
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 521
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Ceramic coating price looks good and even better since you will get further 20% discount.
Anti rust coating - you mean underbody coating? Price is reasonable.
Floor lamination - Get those 3d mats. I personally won't recommend those vinyl type laminates.
Front parking sensor - That's expensive. I had casually inquired here few months back for my friend and they quoted 3k for 2 sensors.
Sun films - Check which brand and model.
PPF - entire car of just the bumpers and ORVM?
3D camera - Expected since the ones on Innova Crysta came to 45k.

Having said that, all these can be done outside for a much better service and price. Invest on getting extended warranty from the showroom. That's a most as these electronics will have issues after many years (I am still using the first gen Creta).
The vinyl flooring price is quite costly honestly. I'd got it done for 1/3rd of that price including material and labour. Also, this is a boon for me as it helps me keep the car clean (I also use that noodle type mats on top of the vinyl covering). One can wipe the entire flooring clean with wet cloth which is not possible when the flooring is 'felt'. Once I had an incident of someone having nausea in the moving car and due to the flooring, it was super easy to clean up. Without the flooring, cleaning up internal flooring in this case would have needed professional help to say the least. I've got it done on the entire flooring of the car including the boot.
kalpeshc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 21:19   #1424
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 12
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Hello all - I'm in the market for the Creta SX(O) IVT model and have been quoted a wait time of 7-8 months by Modi Hyundai in Mumbai.

Just wanted to check if this is indeed the true wait time or a ploy of the SA to get me to book a model which he has in stock?
Nikhil1406 is offline  
Old 28th March 2022, 21:59   #1425
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 484
Thanked: 437 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil1406 View Post
Hello all - I'm in the market for the Creta SX(O) IVT model and have been quoted a wait time of 7-8 months by Modi Hyundai in Mumbai.

Just wanted to check if this is indeed the true wait time or a ploy of the SA to get me to book a model which he has in stock?
Welcome to the club (of endless wait ). Your SA is right, there is huge waitlist for IVT models.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 28th March 2022 at 22:01.
Aviator_guy is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks