Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2022, 22:25   #1426

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Welcome to the club (of endless wait ). Your SA is right, there is huge waitlist for IVT models.
Ah damn. I was hoping that this was a clever tactic to choose another model which he has in stock. Let the wait begin…
Old 28th March 2022, 23:26   #1427

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavikbochar View Post
Hey guys, so after a long wait, finally received the call from SA that a car has been allocated to me and left the Hyundai Factory and should reach the dealership in the next 4 to 5 days. He asked me to plan the finances and finalize the accessories.

SA tried to push to go for a financing option through them, I promptly refused as I am getting a better deal as a top-up on my Home Loan, so planning to use funds from the Home loan top-up and pay outrightly to the dealer.
Query: When did you book this and which version? Just trying to understand the current waiting period.

Also, Thanks for good info on accessories.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 29th March 2022 at 03:14. Reason: Long post quote trimmed.
Old 28th March 2022, 23:41   #1428

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Ceramic coating price looks good and even better since you will get further 20% discount.
Anti rust coating - you mean underbody coating? Price is reasonable.
Floor lamination - Get those 3d mats. I personally won't recommend those vinyl type laminates.
Front parking sensor - That's expensive. I had casually inquired here few months back for my friend and they quoted 3k for 2 sensors.
Sun films - Check which brand and model.
PPF - entire car of just the bumpers and ORVM?
3D camera - Expected since the ones on Innova Crysta came to 45k.

Having said that, all these can be done outside for a much better service and price. Invest on getting extended warranty from the showroom. That's a most as these electronics will have issues after many years (I am still using the first gen Creta).
Thanks yeah, Ceramic Coating at 24K(after discount) looked quite competitive.
Agree on parking sensors being expensive, spoke to some local dealers and they quoted 2K onwards with a caveat that the dealer ones would be better, donno how though. I am inclined to get this from the dealer only for peace of mind that even if the internal wiring is tampered, warranty won't be void.
Sun films are of VKool with 94% heat protection for windshield, they even provide a nice demo with a lantern type arrangement with halogen inside and different sun films on 3 sides, and one being the plain glass, heat reduction was quite noticeable. They even bragged about they having an exclusive tie-up with VKool and that these are not available outside.
PPF only for the side bumpers and ORVM. For entire car the quoted price is 95,000, but they themselves suggested not to go for it.

Btw, missed to mention LED Fog lamp. Seems SX(O) gets a halogen fog lamp, dealer quoted Rs 12,250 for 40W LED Foglamp pair with 2 Years warranty. If it really makes a difference for night driving on highways, may be I'll just install them from outside as only the bulbs need to be changed without tampering any wirings. Over call, a local accessories guy quoted prices ranging from 3K to 7K for 30W to 60W with 1 year warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
For high demand cars, that's how dealers are working. I don't think you have much leeway here as they allot the car to others who can arrange finance faster. Unless you are willing to wait for next opportunity, you should arrange funds. Check if it is possible to do PDI before fund release (don't have high hopes but worth a shot).

Before you issue cheque or make any payment, ask them to send you email about car allotment with the car VIN and Engine number.

Are they asking for upfront payment of accessories / additional stuff you are planning to purchase with them? These can be negotiated to pay upon delivery or one or two days before delivery so that you spend less time on delivery day in going thru paperwork.
Thanks, after your feedback I called the SA and asked for an email confirmation, turns out they had already sent me an allotment email on 16th March, but somehow it went to spam folder. SA had shared the VIN & Chassis number over WhatsApp and should be fine to do the same over email.
For accessories they are fine for payment on a later date, but they need the full payment for car before 31st March to log it under this month's sale.
My only worry is, at least they should wait till the car is at reached their workshop. I may be getting paranoid or hyper thinking here, god forbid, but what if say some untoward incident happens to the truck carrying my car, 20 Lakh plus amount will be stuck with the dealer as given the huge waiting lists, there's no guaranty that another car would be allotted to them quickly by Hyundai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
The vinyl flooring price is quite costly honestly. I'd got it done for 1/3rd of that price including material and labour. Also, this is a boon for me as it helps me keep the car clean (I also use that noodle type mats on top of the vinyl covering). One can wipe the entire flooring clean with wet cloth which is not possible when the flooring is 'felt'. Once I had an incident of someone having nausea in the moving car and due to the flooring, it was super easy to clean up. Without the flooring, cleaning up internal flooring in this case would have needed professional help to say the least. I've got it done on the entire flooring of the car including the boot.
Yeah, getting a similar feeling here, spoke to few accessories vendors over call and got quotes from 2K to 3.5K, and they even mentioned that the higher end ones doesn't require seats to be removed. Were you required to remove the seats during your installation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil1406 View Post
Hello all - I'm in the market for the Creta SX(O) IVT model and have been quoted a wait time of 7-8 months by Modi Hyundai in Mumbai.

Just wanted to check if this is indeed the true wait time or a ploy of the SA to get me to book a model which he has in stock?
Yes, mine was booked at Modi Hyundai Santacruz too sometime in Oct last year, about to get the delivery in coming days. If yours is at Santacruz too, they'll try to upsell Alcazar to you, either they have it ready or Hyundai doesn't have lengthy waiting periods for it.
Old 29th March 2022, 10:43   #1429

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsm_bang View Post
Query: When did you book this and which version? Just trying to understand the current waiting period.

Also, Thanks for good info on accessories.
Hi, booked on 1st Nov, 2021, SX(O) Diesel AT. Btw, car allotment also depends upon your color choice, I was actually 7th in the queue in general for Creta but by color, I was first in line for Phantom Black. May be white would have longer waiting periods.
bhavikbochar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 12:01   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavikbochar View Post
Yeah, getting a similar feeling here, spoke to few accessories vendors over call and got quotes from 2K to 3.5K, and they even mentioned that the higher end ones doesn't require seats to be removed. Were you required to remove the seats during your installation?
I had done it while getting seat covers, so they'd removed the seats, but it appears that they'd have to remove seats if you want a good coverage. Removing seats is not a hassle for these teams.
kalpeshc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 14:17   #1431
BHPian

Another case of attempted scam and loot by a Hyundai dealer

It seems that Hyundai dealers are getting out of hand and seem to have no qualms about it either. So more and more people need to know about it. No wonder Hyundai got relegated to 3rd place from 1st in customer satisfaction ratings ...

Last edited by Chhanda Das : 30th March 2022 at 14:23.
Chhanda Das is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 09:40   #1432
BHPian

So finally our Polar White Creta SX Pet came home last Sunday after a long waiting of 5.5 months. PDI, Delivery day experience was good. Thanks to all forum members for helping me out with my queries during the whole waiting period.
I will post a detailed review later with my and family's observations.

Delivery day pooja:
Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1432
Size:  23.3 KB

Accessories I got fitted from Hyundai(only those whose pricing felt reasonable) :
Name:  ACCESSORIES INVOICE.jpg
Views: 1429
Size:  34.8 KB

PS: We had initially booked an SX executive Pet in Red Mulberry in Oct '21. Changed to White SX in Jan'22. More on that later. Cheers
mayankverma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 20:06   #1433

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
So finally our Polar White Creta SX Pet came home last Sunday after a long waiting of 5.5 months. PDI, Delivery day experience was good. Thanks to all forum members for helping me out with my queries during the whole waiting period.
I will post a detailed review later with my and family's observations.

Accessories I got fitted from Hyundai(only those whose pricing felt reasonable) :
Congrats on the bringing home the stunning white beauty!

Good decision on the accessories!
Old 1st April 2022, 00:20   #1434
sbm
BHPian

Hi guys. A friend received the following quote for Creta SX(O) diesel MT in Jharkhand. Pls tell whether the insurance price is a good deal or not.
Ex showroom 1644000
Insurnce (3yr with 1yr zerodp) 56800
Registration 156800
TCS 16440
Old 1st April 2022, 00:55   #1435

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Hi guys. A friend received the following quote for Creta SX(O) diesel MT in Jharkhand. Pls tell whether the insurance price is a good deal or not.
Ex showroom 1644000
Insurnce (3yr with 1yr zerodp) 56800
Registration 156800
TCS 16440
Please check with TATA AIG, their Saphire + Plan (Zero Dep, RTI, etc. etc.) costs 44K. This was until yesterday though, agents were saying Third Party premium is set to rise from 1st April, not sure about it.
Old 2nd April 2022, 15:32   #1436
BHPian

Wait for Creta 22 or buy one right away?

Hi !

This is my first post on Team-BHP here and a sincere Thank you to the moderators for admitting me to this esteemed forum.

I have a query here which pertains to a new car that we are buying in my Family.

Background:

We as a family always had 2 cars in the garage with my father and I being the drivers primarily for commuting to work. My father used to travel in the 2014 Honda City that we own and i used to drive around in the 2009 I10. Since 2021 we had the itch to upgrade to a newer vehicle and had hence booked the VW Taigun 1.5 DCT in Oct 21 and we were given a wait period of around 3 months.

Unexpectedly, our Taigun got allotted earlier in November which we could not accept since my exams were scheduled in December. My dad is a firm believer that if I got a hand on a new car prior to my exams I would do everything but study which I will definitely have to agree with him. (Which is basically what I am doing now) We pushed our dealer for a 2022 make. Unfortunately as we know, VW skimped on basic features like Auto-folding ORVMs. Me and my father were not ready to pay upwards of 20 lakhs for a car which did not have such basic features and hence we cancelled our booking.

After cancelling the Taigun, we booked a Creta 1.4 SXO with a wait period around three months. As of today, we still have the Creta booking, but a lot has changed.

1. I unfortunately could not clear my exams due to which I have to give an attempt now in May.
2. My father's place of work shifted from Pimpri to Ranjangaon, which meant that he does not commute by car anymore to work since it is both physically and financially not feasible as the factory is now approx 60Kms one way from our house.
3. We sold of our I10 in December 2021, since we were getting a good deal and we were expecting the second car to arrive in Jan 22.

Thus me and my father are now using our Honda City, with me being the primary driver whenever I need and my father using it on weekends. Since I could not clear, it also means that we will have to push the Creta to June 22. I now face a dilemma whether to purchase the car in June 22 since there are rumours of Creta facelift being launched in Sep 22 and we as a family managing in one car for the moment. Additionally, my father's colleague purchased a XUV700, and the XUV700 bug has now bitten my father !

So, the way I see it I have four options:

Option 1: Buy the Creta in June 2022
Option 2: Wait for the facelift Creta ( and maybe buy a bike for myself till then)
Option 3: Cancel the Creta all together and book and wait for almost a year for XUV 700.
Option 4: Buy a completely different car with a budget of INR 20 Lakhs on road.

It would be really helpfull if the forum members could give their ideas or suggestions since this will probably be the last ICE car that we as a family would buy. We keep our cars for atleast 10 years and my father prefers to buy the top-end varient of whichever model we would be buying. Additionally, the car needs to be an automatic, since my dad is quite old now and has health issues which means that automatic would be a more easier and comfortable option for him. Also, pre-owned cars are a strict No-No to my father.
Old 2nd April 2022, 19:48   #1437
BHPian

Hyundai Creta Knight Edition launch price starts at Rs 14.3 lakh as per the SOURCE.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-hyundaicretaknighteditionfrontrearimages1068x559.jpg01.jpeg

Last edited by Emvi : 2nd April 2022 at 19:50.
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 19:25   #1438
BHPian

Guys,
Today I noticed water dripping from under the car - check the radiator and it doesnt seem to be from that. The drip is not much. Maybe small drops like one small drop a minute of so. I have been driving with full AC on most of yesterday and for about an hour today again. Should I be worried and get it checked? Someone told be it could be Air Conditioning related - water from the AC unit - like the water you get in room ACs. Could it be that? I smelled the water and it doesnt smell of anything - so assuming its plain/normal water. I am going on a long-ish drive soon too. Any advice would be much appreciated, as always. Thanks in advance.

GT
Old 3rd April 2022, 19:28   #1439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Guys,
Today I noticed water dripping from under the car - check the radiator and it doesnt seem to be from that. The drip is not much. Maybe small drops like one small drop a minute of so. I have been driving with full AC on most of yesterday and for about an hour today again. Should I be worried and get it checked? Someone told be it could be Air Conditioning related - water from the AC unit - like the water you get in room ACs. Could it be that? I smelled the water and it doesnt smell of anything - so assuming its plain/normal water. I am going on a long-ish drive soon too. Any advice would be much appreciated, as always. Thanks in advance.

GT
Don't worry! It is just AC water just like you mentioned
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 19:28   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Guys,
I smelled the water and it doesnt smell of anything
GT
When I started using a 4 wheeler I found myself in the same situation - smelling the water dropped.
It is most probably from the AC. Nothing to be worried about.
rajathv8 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks