Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2020, 20:59   #121
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Creta maintains the lead over the Seltos.
The reason I think why the Creta has consistently been selling more than Seltos is simple because Seltos Diesel HTE is priced at 10.34 lacs while Creta E Diesel has been priced at 9.99 Lacs and due to the tax diffrential above 10 lacs it doesn't make sense for anybody going for the base variant of the diesel to go for the seltos.

And IIRC Hyundai had quoted 60% of the bookings were for diesel variants.

Also wider reach is something which works in the Creta's favour. For example, in some cities where Kia's showroom are not present people don't even have an option to buy it because the A.S.S will be far and they eventually settle for the Creta.

If all aspects would have been equal then I think it would have been the Seltos which would have been doing higher numbers is what I personally feel.
sv97 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 13:34   #122
Senior - BHPian

^^ @sv97
That's a difference of 3000+ units. Mere, 50k difference in on-road price won't result in 25% lesser units sale. Hyundai has own Goodwill & Kia will take time (but the baby steps are in correct direction).

It's heartening to see market back to normal & in fact outdoing last year (s) numbers. Good products often create their space, disruption or not
Old 2nd October 2020, 14:18   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
^^ @sv97
That's a difference of 3000+ units. Mere, 50k difference in on-road price won't result in 25% lesser units sale. Hyundai has own Goodwill & Kia will take time (but the baby steps are in correct direction).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
My hopes were high prior to the price announcement as I was hoping for HTK+ Diesel Auto to come in under the 10 lakh mark. The bubble burst when Kia priced it over 10 lakh. At 10.39 lakh, I pay 40K extra to Kia and 70K extra in taxes, effectively robbing the ‘value-feel’ of the purchase.
This is what BHPian 84.monsoon had posted in the Sonet thread.

Applying the same logic to the Creta and Seltos the Seltos will work out to be 35 k+ 70 K in taxes almost 1.05 lacs more than Creta in Chennai and even if the difference is not that stark the difference would still be atleast 70-80 K for different states having such slabs.

And if I am in the market for the base variant I will use that 70-80 K for buying alloys, ICE and HU upgrade so Seltos does not make a strong case here as even that has to be accessorised aftermarket.

And most of us know that the base variants are the volume drivers in these cars so it would make a lot of difference to the sales.

I agree with you not all of the 3000 difference is going to be due to this but quite a lot of the difference would be.
sv97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 16:24   #124
BHPian

Rated the review as "excellent"! Team-BHP reviews are certainly enviable for the unmatched levels of detail they offer.

This Creta's looks certainly will take a lot of time to get used to. I was disappointed when I found out that Hyundai's offering was available with the turbo-petrol engine only with the DCT automatic. When the Seltos offers the same engine with a manual gearbox, it doesn't make any sense for Hyundai to not provide the manual with the Creta as well.

Quote:
Hyundai has brought in the 1.5L to qualify for the lower excise duty slab.
I keep failing to understand why the 1.5 litre turbo-diesel allows the car to qualify for the lower excise duty slab. It already is longer than 4 metres, so that disqualifies it from claiming any benefit at all. I thought the displacement decrease was for reasons related to insurance (cars in Europe under the 1.5 litre displacement mark have lower insurance premia, if I remember correctly, a Miata buyer clarified this — the Miata is available in Europe with 1.5 litre and 2 litre engines — to me on Reddit, though this car perhaps isn't sold in Europe). May anybody please clear my lack of clarity on this?
Old 2nd October 2020, 17:31   #125
BHPian

Fellow BHPians,

Being as obsessed as I am with protecting my soon-to-be-delivered Creta, I have prepared an Excel sheet for the appropriate protection on each panel/part keeping in mind its vulnerability and cost. Have also added columns for other desirable changes and requirements.

Based on your valuable experience, please do share thoughts and opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-creta-coating.jpg  

Old 3rd October 2020, 13:19   #126
BHPian

Had a real bad experience dealing with Hyundai dealer and Hyundai in the past 1 month. Although a minor issue the attitude of Hyundai and dealer has been far from satisfactory.

Had this minor issue where the plastic cladding above the right rear wheel was slightly not stuck properly to the metal body at one place about 1-2 inch border was not stuck properly. Shown in picture.

Complained to the dealer Modi Hyundai Malad, during PDI at warehouse and dealer had said will fix before delivery.

At the time of delivery it was not fixed. Turned out dealer never bothered with it. Some senior person checked and assured me it will be fixed in 10 days as they will have to replace the cladding.

Today it is 45 days but still it is not clear when it will be fixed.

Initially the sales guy kept delaying saying next week every week. Now, nobody from the dealership is picking up the phone including the customer service guys for the past 1-2 weeks now. Calls to Hyundai customer service have been useless. Assurances of callback are never materialised and after calling multiple times Hyundai customer service forwards the complaint to nobody but the dealer.

Nobody from Hyundai has even tried to get involved.

Compare this to Tata experience. I had booked the Harrier and cancelled it. The dealer was delaying the refund for few days. The regional sales person of Tata Motors personally got involved and got the refund expedited.

I guess Tata because of the bad reputation are trying their best in customer service and Hyundai because of their success have developed this lackadaisical attitude.

Although I am satisfied with the car overall and this is a real minor issue, but just want to highlight this as people assume Hyundai experience is better and Tata is bad. My experience with the sales guys and the company was much better with Tata and wont even speak of MG who have set a different benchmark.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-129480eb3b7040d8b5c3475c4968680f.jpeg  

rkv_hunter is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 14:42   #127
Senior - BHPian

So Hyundai dealers will be updating new Creta prices shortly. The EX Petrol which sat at 9.99l is going to get a hefty bump of 60k rupees putting it almost at par with a City V which offers far more features for the money.

There is now a new petrol base variant named the E that will start from 9.82 lakhs. I'm going to guess it will have the same features as the present E Diesel. E diesel prices remain unchanged at 9.99l.

SX variant sees a bump of 12k. All in all this has shafted EX petrol buyers like me who had been given a 3 to 4 month waiting period. A 60k bump means an Onroad price of 13.2+ lakhs which suddenly makes the Seltos HTK VFM.
Nithesh_M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 01:04   #128
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai now lists new base petrol model on its click to buy portal. This will be the sub 10 lakh rupee petrol variant without music system and other features missing as in E diesel. Price will be 989,900. EX that was at 9.99l will be 10.60l from Monday.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot_20201004010028_chrome.jpg  

Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 01:20   #129
BHPian

Got this revised price list for the petrol models from one of the FB grp.
SX(O) gets a 11.9k hike and the base variant EX gets a 60k hike..
And I have been thinking that we are in the middle of a pandemic and the Auto industry is badly hit
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot_20201004011422.jpg  

Last edited by D'Ro@dSt@r : 4th October 2020 at 01:21. Reason: Minor changes
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 11:54   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post
Had a real bad experience dealing with Hyundai dealer and Hyundai in the past 1 month.
Please start a thread in the dealership review section about your experience. Having personally faced indifference from the dealer and Hyundai, I would ask you to make more people aware about their attitude by starting a new thread.
Old 4th October 2020, 16:17   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Got this revised price list for the petrol models from one of the FB grp.
SX(O) gets a 11.9k hike and the base variant EX gets a 60k hike..
And I have been thinking that we are in the middle of a pandemic and the Auto industry is badly hit
Went to my dealer and he gave me the pamphlet with hiked prices

Like mentioned in another post, they are still offering quicker deliveries than 8 weeks waiting period mentioned during first walk-in
Old 5th October 2020, 12:10   #132

Last month I bought Phantom Black Creta SX(o) Diesel AT, costed me approx 20L on road. In black colour it looks stunning, and is a head turner

Creta has very good drive-ability and it is perfectly sized for city as well as highway drives. I have driven around 1720 Kms till now mix of city and highway drives, overall fuel efficiency stands at 13 Kmpl, which I think is good.

Overall I found the car to be little overpriced and moreover the ownership experience that includes pre - sales, delivery and post sales experience is horrible. Hyundai is still far away from what similarly priced Mg Hector, Kia Seltos and Jeep Compass offers as far as customer experience is considered. Creta is selling like a hot cake and this is the reason hyundai dealerships and sales executives doesn't care much about Customers' expectations. It's like lena ho to lo, warna koi nahi.

Current ODO reading stands at 1720 Kms. Last week its first service was done. Problems I'm facing are:

1. Some rattling sound somehwere in the rear area/boot. Got it temporarily corrected at the time of first service, but now it is more prominent than before. And rattling sound in a new car is annoying and makes me sick. I have tried everything like removing spare wheel, parcel tray, tool kit, etc, but nothing helped.

2. Smart key fob isn't functioning properly. When it is in my pocket the request sensor on the door handle doesn't read it properly. Similarly when inside the car, if the key is in pocket or in the central cup holders, the system doesn't read the key.
The guys at the dealership are saying that this Smart Key system works like this only, and according to them it is normal. But I have been using these smart keys for more than 8 years now in my i20, Honda City and Ciaz, never experienced such issue ever.

3. The trio beam Led Headlights are very weak. Oncoming lights literally makes you blind and nothing is visible on the road. Need suggestions on Led headlight upgrade.

If anyone else is experiencing same issues or can help me out with something, I'll be really grateful. .
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201005-11.32.45-am-1.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201005-11.32.45-am.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201005-11.32.46-am.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201005-11.36.29-am.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201005-11.36.27-am.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201005-11.43.11-am.jpeg  

jnsushant is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 13:43   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsushant View Post
Last month I bought Phantom Black Creta SX(o) Diesel AT, costed me approx 20L on road. In black colour it looks stunning, and is a head turner

Overall I found the car to be little overpriced and moreover the ownership experience that includes pre - sales, delivery and post sales experience is horrible.

3. The trio beam Led Headlights are very weak. Oncoming lights literally makes you blind and nothing is visible on the road. Need suggestions on Led headlight upgrade.
I am curious- in multiple reviews including our own Official review, the throw of the headlamps was quoted to be very good. Is there a levelling issue?

PS- I have also booked a Creta SXO Diesel AT.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 14:15   #134
BHPian

Quote:

The trio beam Led Headlights are very weak. Oncoming lights literally makes you blind and nothing is visible on the road. Need suggestions on Led headlight upgrade.
This is 3rd or 4th similar feedback (including one from RavenAvi) I have seen in last week or so.

Is it really a deal breaker??
deepakdograbhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 14:20   #135
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I am curious- in multiple reviews including our own Official review, the throw of the headlamps was quoted to be very good. Is there a levelling issue.
No chance to upgrade anything in the variants equipped with LED headlamps. Upgrade options are available somewhat for the lower variants only.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks