Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2021, 00:20   #661
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickshift99 View Post
Really torn between the sx auto and sxo Manual.
TIA
I was in the same dilemma a month back, I would really suggest you to get sxo auto unless you have budget constraints. SXO really justifies the price difference by providing those additional airbags, bose sound system and ventilated seats.

If you are buying this car for mainly highway use then manual would be fine but if you are getting this for city usage then automatic is a must plus high traffic in Delhi justifies spending extra on automatic.

Mileage of manual :
City : 15-17
Highway : 20-23

Mileage of automatic :
City : 14-16
Highway : 18-21

These mileage have been provided after carefully analysing various facebook posts.
Old 25th April 2021, 00:45   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickshift99 View Post
Existing owners of Creta diesel please let me know the real world milege of the car with AT vs MT transmission. Really torn between the sx auto and sxo Manual.
TIA
Just curious, are you not considering the petrol due to the lower mileage as well? Given the confusion around 10 vs. 15 year rule in NCR, I have heard that the demand for diesel is still not that much. In case your running isn't very high, you can probably consider the petrol DCT automatic as well.
Old 25th April 2021, 22:36   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Just curious, are you not considering the petrol due to the lower mileage as well? Given the confusion around 10 vs. 15 year rule in NCR, I have heard that the demand for diesel is still not that much. In case your running isn't very high, you can probably consider the petrol DCT automatic as well.
I am getting a Haryana registration due to that sad 10 year rule for Delhi infact i save almost 1.5L on the onroad price too.

My personal car is 2009 i10 kappa and is driven almost 70kms everyday. The 11-12 kmpl mileage, sky-rocketed petrol prices are a real pain, hence looking for a diesel only.
Old 26th April 2021, 17:00   #664
BHPian

Hi All,
Looks like another round of price hike for Creta models in April 2021 - not sure if it is already announced. I was checking SX D manual for my friend in Hyundai Click2buy site and it looks like prices have gone up by 14k for SX (14.79 L vs 14.93 L ex-showroom now) and upto 20k for Base E Diesel model (10.31 L earlier vs 10.51 L now )

Last edited by concorde24 : 26th April 2021 at 17:11.
Old 26th April 2021, 18:20   #665
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Looks like another round of price hike for Creta models in April 2021 - not sure if it is already announced.
This is true, my dealership called me to inform about the same and Hyundai's website now shows new prices. Have asked them to invoice the car as i have already made the full payment, just waiting for this lockdown to be lifted so i can bring the car home.
Old 27th April 2021, 00:52   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Hi All,
Looks like another round of price hike for Creta models in April 2021 - not sure if it is already announced.
Yes, they have been hiked by 14K.
A month back when I booked my SXO D AT the ex-showroom price was 17,48,800 and the new price on hyundai click to buy is 17,62,400.
Will call my SA tomorrow and take update on pricing. I wish they consider the price of the car when it was booked because the waiting period quoted to me by SA was 9 months and this is the third time since launch the prices have been increased.
Creta is already overpriced and all these price increases are frustrating.
Old 27th April 2021, 09:02   #667
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Creta prices hiked again.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-74e88676e7ee4effbfa47204b757daf8.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 13:12   #668
BHPian

Hyundai is milking its customers like nobody's business. They got enough customers on the waiting list which gives them the confidence to increase the price whenever they wish.*

A close friend had booked Creta E Diesel in early Dec 2020 for his wedding in March 2021. They promised the car on Feb 2021, made him availing the finance and paying 90% of the on-road value promising that his car is a few weeks away. Nothing happened in March. By mid-April, they gave him a Hyundai Aura as a loaner car which was upgraded to a manual Venue Turbo after a week.

Now they are confirming delivery on May delivery, but with a 51k hike in just 4 months, he is wondering if it's worth the money or what!
northstar* is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 19:01   #669
Senior - BHPian

While no customer likes price hike, it is unfair to blame the car manufacturer who are in the business to make money. End of the day, it is about demand and supply, isn't it. If a particular car or model is popular, I don't see anything wrong in companies trying to make profit. We as customers always have a freedom to buy as per our needs and budget. We don't complain when price of some flagship mobile model even crosses over a lac INR, if we want and can afford it , won't we buy one
Old 27th April 2021, 19:13   #670
BHPian

I bought 1.6 PETROL (SX) in 2019 with an Ex-Showroom price of 12.24. Now the 1.5 PETROL MT(S) model costs 12.19 & 1.5 MT(SX) Costs 13.93.
Not sure I should be happy or sad.

Last edited by Artyom : 27th April 2021 at 19:15.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 19:52   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
I bought 1.6 PETROL (SX) in 2019 with an Ex-Showroom price of 12.24. Now the 1.5 PETROL MT(S) model costs 12.19 & 1.5 MT(SX) Costs 13.93.
Not sure I should be happy or sad.
Depends

The current S variant does lose some features over your SX variant but is a newer platform.

The SX gains several features over the old SX and is 1.7L pricier as well. But if we compare the launch prices, anyone who bought the same car a year ago had paid ~50k (ex-showroom) less for the same car. That hurts!

Edit: The launch prices for similarly equipped Seltos were 1L cheaper until early 2020. Since then, the tree has been growing fast and how!

Last edited by ashis89 : 27th April 2021 at 19:57. Reason: Corrected the numbers for Creta and added Seltos
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 00:38   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
While no customer likes price hike, it is unfair to blame the car manufacturer who are in the business to make money.
But if they are charging money on cancellation of booking then shouldn’t they honour the price at which the booking was made ?
I have no problem in paying the difference but take for instance someone who booked the car in November 2020 and still hasn’t received the car in April 2021, they have already experienced two price hikes and if someone was going out of their way and stretching their budget it would be frustrating :(
Mind you there are many people I have seen on facebook groups who made booking November 2020 and still haven’t received the car.
Even after three price hikes the production hasn’t increased and waiting period is still very long.
Old 28th April 2021, 08:40   #673
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
But if they are charging money on cancellation of booking then shouldn’t they honour the price at which the booking was made ?
There would be two ways to look at this situation.

What happens if the buyer keeps delaying the delivery (due to any personal or financial issues) and demands to take delivery after a price hike/discount is announced? What happens if person A books the car and then shares another person B's details for delivery/registration to be sold at a higher price? The buyer can simply walk out of the deal if the car is not registered and the person wouldn't have any liability.

There are no agreements when we book a car. Neither any liability on us to take delivery nor an assurance on the delivery date and price.

Another thread on similar lines which might be of interest:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...i-variant.html (VW owners who bought the 1.0 MPI | How do you feel about the well-priced new 1.0 TSI variant?)

Last edited by ashis89 : 28th April 2021 at 08:43.
Old 28th April 2021, 11:46   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
There would be two ways to look at this situation.

What happens if the buyer keeps delaying the delivery (due to any personal or financial issues) and demands to take delivery after a price hike/discount is announced? What happens if person A books the car and then shares another person B's details for delivery/registration to be sold at a higher price? The buyer can simply walk out of the deal if the car is not registered and the person wouldn't have any liability.

There are no agreements when we book a car. Neither any liability on us to take delivery nor an assurance on the delivery date and price.

Another thread on similar lines which might be of interest:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...i-variant.html (VW owners who bought the 1.0 MPI | How do you feel about the well-priced new 1.0 TSI variant?)
There are many loopholes both parties can exploit if we think in those lines. What if the OEM keeps the money and extends the delivery to a year or more? I don't want to go down this line as many of these can be addressed by simple additional clauses like your booking gets cancelled after n weeks/months after vehicle becomes available or you are entitled to full refund if vehicle isn't available after n weeks/months.

For the cash someone puts down to book a vehicle, he/she should get a fixed price. In my opinion, if all I get for the booking is just a chance to get in line, its not good value. The way this contract works is one-sided.
Old 28th April 2021, 13:23   #675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLurkerForLong View Post
There are many loopholes both parties can exploit if we think in those lines. What if the OEM keeps the money and extends the delivery to a year or more? I don't want to go down this line as many of these can be addressed by simple additional clauses like your booking gets cancelled after n weeks/months after vehicle becomes available or you are entitled to full refund if vehicle isn't available after n weeks/months.

For the cash someone puts down to book a vehicle, he/she should get a fixed price. In my opinion, if all I get for the booking is just a chance to get in line, its not good value. The way this contract works is one-sided.
A car booking is not a contract but only an expression of interest.

And the amount involved in booking a car is usually very low (~1%) of the total cost of a car. Most OEMs/dealers offer full refund of this amount, barring a few which deduct a couple of thousand upon a cancellation (even this could be challenged).

A good example to compare would be buying a house. Before a real estate project is launched, builders allow for expression of interest and also give a hint of the launch price. When they launch the project, they declare the prices, delivery timelines and have an agreement to abide by it. the initial 'buyer' has the option to opt out at this stage by not signing the agreement.

As per the current market mechanism, auto industry doesn't have such 'agreements' and in the end, the risk lies with the OEMs and the dealers. They can't force a buyer to purchase a car after booking. As for the buyer, the person can look elsewhere if they are not happy with the final landed cost of the car or the timeline.

Want a car sooner? Offer a premium to the dealer, on top of the OTR and I am sure they can get you a car out of turn (yes it happens and there are examples on our forum too).

Most Viewed