Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2022, 10:43   #1396
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

As per couple of dealers in Pune, SX variant is discontinued for DCT and Diesel AT since yesterday. However, I checked the Hyundai website - it still shows these options for booking.
Old 8th March 2022, 17:21   #1397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_k_u View Post
I am attaching some of the pics I took during DIY of 70mai Pro Plus+ Dashcam on my Alcazar.
I am also considering this model for my Creta. I have a question about the utility of display since most likely I am planning to mount behind the IRVM unit. I see you have also mounted it similarly. If display is not visible or accessible, is it an issue ? How does one edit settings using the buttons and display if it is out of sight (does setting from phone work seamlessly and preferred) ?
Old 8th March 2022, 21:41   #1398

As I read other reviews, I am wondering why is the review regarding the trio beam headlights as polarized as the look of creta was when it was launched. I own a Creta SX(O) IVT and for me the headlights are so bad that many a time I actually am driving based on my best guess of how the road would be. I have driven the car 20k and trust me have driven on all the setting that the leveler has to offer but in vain. The service center checks the focus on a wall and it seems to be fine but at night it becomes a problem. I actually am thinking of getting the LED lights updated to a more powerful LED. Maybe that would resolve the issue
Vaib.1396 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 22:01   #1399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaib.1396 View Post
As I read other reviews, I am wondering why is the review regarding the trio beam headlights as polarized as the look of creta was when it was launched. I own a Creta SX(O) IVT and for me the headlights are so bad that many a time I actually am driving based on my best guess of how the road would be. I have driven the car 20k and trust me have driven on all the setting that the leveler has to offer but in vain. The service center checks the focus on a wall and it seems to be fine but at night it becomes a problem. I actually am thinking of getting the LED lights updated to a more powerful LED. Maybe that would resolve the issue
If you are desperate enough to be experimental, sharing a very interesting video I saw on YouTube -
rayjaycleoful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 22:07   #1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
If you are desperate enough to be experimental, sharing a very interesting video I saw on YouTube - https://Youtu.be/hKP1SMafWSc
This does seem interesting but while it solves one problem it causes another. The way trio beam looks makes the front of the creta interesting. Is their nothing that can be done which maintains the look of the car but solves the problem of the throw.
Old 9th March 2022, 02:14   #1401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
If display is not visible or accessible, is it an issue ? How does one edit settings using the buttons and display if it is out of sight (does setting from phone work seamlessly and preferred) ?
Yes, it is a bit difficult to access the display and the buttons on the camera. I occasionally verify the display, change a couple of settings while the car is parked.

Once the camera is configured and resolution settings etc are decided, you don't need to change a lot of stuff on it. For all those requirements - enable the WiFi on the camera, connect the mobile and almost everything you do using the physical buttons on the camera can be done using the camera app on the mobile.

After changing the position a couple of times, I finalized on this location for the camera because:

1. It doesn't block the view through the windshield
2. Very easy, convenient and less cumbersome to route the connecting cable to the roof lining
3. You need to stretch a bit , but still the camera is at your arm's length.

Thanks,
Sunil.
sunil_k_u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 08:04   #1402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As I read other reviews, I am wondering why is the review regarding the trio beam headlights as polarized as the look of creta was when it was launched. I own a Creta SX(O) IVT and for me the headlights are so bad that many a time I actually am driving based on my best guess of how the road would be.
LED's on reflectors on most cars are just a gimmick. The lights are pathetic. The best bet would be to switch to projectors and add HIDs (4300k, 35w) and not LED's. I have experienced the lights on the Alcazar and it's very bad.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 12:08   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
2022 Creta SX Diesel, now gets the 17.78cm Supervision Cluster with Digital Display from the SX(O) variant.
My SA said it is coming in Petrol SX as well. Lets see. I am expecting mine to be delivered this month.
Old 11th March 2022, 12:50   #1404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
My SA said it is coming in Petrol SX as well. Lets see. I am expecting mine to be delivered this month.
Some news say Hyundai has asked dealer to stop booking for SX variants (D-AT and DCT) and now they are adding new feautres on same models which they stopped booking??

Also, have they increased price of SX variant or this new feature is free upgrade?
Old 11th March 2022, 13:12   #1405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Some news say Hyundai has asked dealer to stop booking for SX variants (D-AT and DCT) and now they are adding new feautres on same models which they stopped booking??

Also, have they increased price of SX variant or this new feature is free upgrade?
Price for SX remains the same as per current info, although final invoice will tell if any difference comes. SA says the price increase in Jan'22 was for this feature addition (although initial lots from 2022 didn't have this cluster).
Old 12th March 2022, 23:29   #1406
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
While I don't own a Creta, I have been following this headlight issue since some time and followed Creta on the road in the night to look at the throw of it's LED headlights. I would say that the intensity and throw of these lights are not better than Philips Racing vision bulbs on my Baleno. Sometimes I guess how do these manufacturers fail to get the basic things right? I mean current gen Baleno and Brezza have better LED headlamps than the Creta. The lower variants of Creta upto S model have projector setup which gives much more freedom of customisation. As another bhpian rightly said, reflector LED setup on most of the cars below 20L are just for show.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 09:19   #1407
BHPian

I own a 2019 model Creta and also face the same issue where the headlight is not powerful enough to give you confidence on highways.The light from oncoming vehicles is strong enough to blind you for a moment.This added to the fact that your own vehicles headlights are not strong enough makes things miserable.Someone on our forum has added Pencil LEDs on a Seltos which i found to be a good option.Anyone done a similar setup on a Creta.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 12:16   #1408

Hi folks,

I want to know the if there is an option to opt for Diamond cut alloys in the 1.4 DCT SX(O) trim. I do not like the stock Grey alloys provided in the DCT.

I would appreciate if anybody can provide a feedback or similar experience in swapping the alloys from the Dealership itself and the extra costs incurred in doing that.

My SA from Popular Hyundai, Thrissur said he will inquire and did not provide a definitive answer. He also suggested painting the grey alloys to black. I rejected this as I prefer the factory Diamond alloys from Hyundai.
Old 15th March 2022, 14:34   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skx007 View Post
I would appreciate if anybody can provide a feedback or similar experience in swapping the alloys from the Dealership itself and the extra costs incurred in doing that.
Bhpian D'Ro@dSt@r has done the alloy swap at the dealership itself although after the purchase.
Link to his post. (Hyundai Creta : Official Review)
They should be available as a spare parts although not sure whether they are available as accessory or not. You would need to shell out some extra money for that.
YD14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 20:57   #1410
BHPian

Read somewhere that a Hyundai Customer was beaten by the dealership? Why does incidents like these keep happening in our country? I've seen people begging Hyundai Dealers for early delivery of their cars. What has gone into their head. Was the Mahindra Incident not a wake up call ?

Most Viewed