Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2022, 02:08   #1471

Few Upgrades To My 2020 Creta SXO DCT Turbo Petrol

I own a Creta 2020 SXO TURBO PETROL. Even though I have some complaints, specially about the build quality(let's hope Hyundai starts taking India seriously, as their international models have good NCAP scores) anyways.

I really enjoy my car and I have tried to improve it as per my taste, so I thought I'll share my experience.
Before I come to the final icing on the cake which is the excessive bounciness. Let me share some changes that I've made to my car.

1. I got my car Carpro finest reserve ceramic coating (let's not get into the ppf vs ceramic coating debate).

2. I found that the stock JK tyres were just not good enough, so after testing the yokohama tyres (which were quite good). I decided to go with Michelin Primacy 4 st, which are amazing. They have almost zero road noise, better grip and even absorb small minor thuds.

3. I wanted wireless carplay so I got the carplay2air dongle, it has been working perfectly fine.

4. As I got a black car I noticed that the car was getting too hot, so I got the windows and sunroof covered with garware icecool shield 70 film and the windshield covered with 3M CR70 film. Heat rejection is amazing, the AC cools much faster plus the garware film has a green tint which on my black Creta just looks amazing.

5. I won't say that I'm an audiophile but I use studio monitors as my desktop speakers and Yamaha home theatre as TV sound system. So I found the Bose music system a bit lacking initially but after some research I got the car proper 3 layer audio damping of CTK black series. I'm loving the music quality now and the noise isolation has also greatly improved. I even got the floor and subwoofer unit damped.

6. Finally, I really enjoy the soft cushiony ride of creta but at the same time the excessive bounciness and body roll was really pissing me off. I mailed bilstein about suspension upgrades but they don't have anything for creta. I mailed Hyundai if they could stiffen the rear suspension a bit, I knew it'll compromise the soft cushiony ride but atleast it'll get rid of the excessive bounciness. The kind you get if you're on a broken road or crossing multiple speed breakers stacked together or on state highways which have a lot of undulations, I simply hated it.

After having lost all hope, I decided to try rogerab (which from their advertising I thought was a scam initially).
Boy was I surprised, without compromising the soft cushiony ride it got rid of the excessive bounciness. It's only been a week, but I'm loving it. I don't know how it'll perform in the long run but if the 2 years warranty is accurate, I believe it's totally worth it.

On a side note. The WD 40 trick really works for all the creaks in the center console. Just Google it.

I hope my experience proves to be useful for some. Feel free to ask genuine questions.

PS. Please spare me the "You've wasted so much money bla bla". No negative comments please.

Last edited by Eddy : 5th May 2022 at 09:24. Reason: Spacing for better readability
Tanush03 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 03:17   #1472
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Hi
I purchased a Creta diesel AT in June 2021. Have had no issues with the vehicle except low mileage figures till now. What is the time limit to purchase the extended warranty for this vehicle ? I missed out during the purchase as my budget was overextended.
This forum has been a minefield of valuable information for us enthusiasts.
Old 30th April 2022, 05:43   #1473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkuch View Post
After reading a bit on internet, I think that there is something wrong with the MAF sensor. I request all members to please suggest what to do ?
I haven't experienced any serious changes in the mileage on my Creta Diesel (AT) . Are you also doing some city driving ? That will affect the indicative range numbers quite a bit. There would also be some small degree of difference if you change the fuel station, traffic, passenger/luggage load, tyre pressure, even weather. I wouldn't worry too much unless the car mileage drops below 12-13 continuously for the same driving conditions.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 30th April 2022 at 05:45.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 23:40   #1474
BHPian

Re: Few Upgrades To My 2020 Creta SXO DCT Turbo Petrol

I am in the process of buying the SXO DCT petrol as well. Could you please share some photos of your ride as well as the link for the car2play dongle?

Thanks!
Old 3rd May 2022, 18:16   #1475
BHPian

I happen to see the pricing of the Creta today and I noticed that the prices have been increased again.
Atleast I noticed for iVT models which I was looking for.

Ex-showroom costs -
Creta (P) iVT SX - 15.68L (Jan 2022) >> 15.70L(Apr 2022) >> 15.86L (May 2022).
Creta (P) iVT SX(O) - 16.89L (Jan 2022) >> 16.91L(Apr 2022) >> 17.07L (May 2022).

Looks like demand is so high that the prices will keep escalating every month or two. For Creta due to presence of no rightful competition, this price increase is inevitable.
Old 3rd May 2022, 19:00   #1476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
I happen to see the pricing of the Creta today and I noticed that the prices have been increased again.
Looks like demand is so high that the prices will keep escalating every month or two. For Creta due to presence of no rightful competition, this price increase is inevitable.
This is just atrocious pricing for a NA 1.5 Petrol version. Not that its reasonable for other powerplants but this one is just way too worse. The Creta and most other cars are overpriced relative to their value proposition. But we are living in a strange period right now where manufacturers are barely able to deliver cars and promise to get the fancy features installed later.
Old 3rd May 2022, 21:08   #1477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Atleast I noticed for iVT models which I was looking for.

Ex-showroom costs -
Creta (P) iVT SX - 15.68L (Jan 2022) >> 15.70L(Apr 2022) >> 15.86L (May 2022).
Creta (P) iVT SX(O) - 16.89L (Jan 2022) >> 16.91L(Apr 2022) >> 17.07L (May 2022).

SX IVT Petrol was 15.2L ex showroom around same time last year and now it is 60+ thousand dearer.. Talk about inflation and demand supply issue
Old 4th May 2022, 07:43   #1478
Distinguished - BHPian

The first gen Creta was itself atleast 1L more expensive than expected so no words to explain the current situation.

Very hard to find a very decent car (SUV - top end variant) under 20L now. The main reason why I am still holding on to the Creta.

It's the seller's market now and they are milking their customers.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 13:48   #1479

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkuch View Post
After reading a bit on internet, I think that there is something wrong with the MAF sensor. I request all members to please suggest what to do ?
I continued driving the creta and getting poor MID readings of 13-15 Kmpl and the DTE keep reducing by 2-3 times of the travelled distances.
I again visited the HASS regarding the poor fuel efficiency (Or just wrong MID mileage readings). They checked all battery earthing points and clean some sensors. After that senior technician asked me to have a drive to check the fuel efficiency by full tank method (upto brim level). For members' reference, I was checking the fuel efficiency by filling the tank upto cutoff levels. We had a drive of 29 KMs. The mghty Creta took huge 9.50 litres of diesel after the cut off!. Fortunately or unfortunately the MID shown mileage of 20+ Kmpl and tank took another 1.29 litres for the 29 Kms drive. It translated to 22+ Kmpl.
During all this test drive period DTE reading was getting up and down by 1-2 Kms and was not consistent. I always filled my car upto cutoff levels and it showed the DTE range of 965-975 Kms. But now after filling it upto brim level it only showing 890 Kms. Suspecting this, the GM service agreed to change the fuel guage under warranty. Are we going into right direction?
amitkuch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 19:36   #1480

Hi, this'll be my first post on TeamBHP, but to be honest, it certainly isn't one I was intending my first post to be about.

We took delivery of a 2022 Creta SX(O) Turbo on the 7th of March. With the proper PDI checklist done a couple of days before delivery was to take place,we took delivery of the car,only to find out that the dealer had scratched up the buttons of my infotainment system. When I told my SA,Mr.G regarding this, he said that it will be rectified at the first service, with full commitment.

When the car had gone to the first service, they had told that whatever had happened to the Infotainment System was my fault, and it can only be replaced as one piece, asking me to bear the expense of Rs.30,000. When calling up Mr.G, he did a complete 180 on his statement, giving remarks like " When did I say that?" and "Your dogs must've only done it", with his attitude also performing a 180 as well.

When liasing with the dealership themselves, they are absolutely certain that the scratch was not present, and sending me photos that they clicked on the day of the delivery, which ended up being my photos with the scratches being obscured. When mailing the dealership with the original photos, along with the timestamps, they have failed to send any response for over 2 weeks, and have completely gone silent. Honestly, I am shocked at the apathy that my dealership has been displaying, for a person who bought a car worth 22 lakhs from them.

However, the story doesn't end there.

When sending it off for the first service, the car was in perfect condition, save for a minor scratch near the rear right door, which the driver took note of. When the car reached the service center, my Service Advisor calls me up to inform that our car had sustained as massive scratch on the bonnet,which was not present when the car was taken by the driver,which was confirmed by him as well. When enquiring the service center regarding this, their simple response yet again was "You must've done this,it isn't our fault". After talking with the Service Manager for over 2 days, they finally relented, saying that "Maybe the Velvet Ribbon which was tied to the car caused this" , which still baffles me, as the scratch had reached the bare metal.

However,they said that they would rectify it, which in hindsight I should've told them not to, as the job that they have performed is nothing short of an absolute botch job.
For they did absolutely no prep, and painted right over dust particles, along with a hideous overspray , which now requires us to have to completely repaint the bonnet, which is an added expense.

Usually, people say that owning a Hyundai is a painless experience, and it must be true, since a lot of BHPians,family and friends echo that sentiment. However, our experience has quite frankly been, the single most painful experience we've had with owning a brand new car, which easily trumps over the ownership experience of 2 GT TSIs equipped with the DSG. The car is genuinely nice, and it's honestly rather fun to drive, but our experience has been completely soured by the attitude of our dealer, and quite frankly, may be the very last car that we ever buy from Hyundai.
Horizons is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 21:40   #1481
BHPian

Which dealer is this? I have had an excellent experience so far with Peesyam service.
Old 5th May 2022, 04:26   #1482
BHPian

Hi all, what's your experience with Hyundai original seat covers (art leather) sold by the dealer?
- Is it worth going ahead?
- Are those bucket type? Does the seat have to be cut to fit them?
- Are custom made seat covers better?

I had a very good experience with Honda original seat covers in my Jazz. They were great quality and a perfect fit. So would like the same experience on my new ride.
Old 5th May 2022, 06:06   #1483

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
Which dealer is this? I have had an excellent experience so far with Peesyam service.
Unfortunately, the dealer and service center happens to be PeeYesYem for us as well, and our experience with the after-sales service has been rather poor, especially with the way their customer care has been treating us.
Horizons is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 08:00   #1484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizons View Post
Usually, people say that owning a Hyundai is a painless experience, and it must be true, since a lot of BHPians,family and friends echo that sentiment. However, our experience has quite frankly been, the single most painful experience we've had with owning a brand new car, which easily trumps over the ownership experience of 2 GT TSIs equipped with the DSG. The car is genuinely nice, and it's honestly rather fun to drive, but our experience has been completely soured by the attitude of our dealer, and quite frankly, may be the very last car that we ever buy from Hyundai.
Sorry to hear about your experience and hope it will be rectified soon. Make sure you send a detailed mail to the regional office. This attitude is definitely not acceptable. I had a similar issue with one particular dealer here and the dealer later apologized and rectified the issue.

HMIL South 1 Regional Office
(Tamil Nadu, Coimbatore, Madurai,Pondicherry, A&N)
Sales Support
Ms. Avanti
044-42204632
avanti@hmil.net

The other customer support emails didn't work out. No one will even respond on LinkedIn as well (top officials).

As a car, it's brilliant but as a brand Hyundai fails!
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 13:35   #1485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
An update on this. The service center never called after service nor has Hyundai for feedback. Very disappointing. Anyway I dropped by at service center this afternoon where my SA had asked to see if another cars nozzle will fit till the actual part arrives. Apparently Hyundai keeps sending them the wrong nozzle each time hence they didn't ask me to come back.

Anyway a big issue happened today. Does anyone else experience the seatbelt failing to retract after you've removed them? I often find my seatbelt hanging by the seat near the door and today it bit me. Well not literally bit me but bit the car with a big dent on the door sill. It literally feels like I've been stabbed though.
An update on this:

Thanks to Teambhp moderators for taking my post to the news section last month, somebody at Hyundai India read my post and contacted the dealership about the nozzle delivery issue and the door sill dent. I got a call from the service head of Advaith Hyundai who said the territory manager of Hyundai would like to take me on a conference call. I arranged time out of my schedule and we had a productive chat. I told them the nozzle issue has been fixed between my last post and that call. But then informed him about the dent on the sill thanks to the seatbelt. I also had minor scratches on front bumper from a scooter lady and the local Hyundai bodyshop had done some touchup but I wouldn't say it was a perfect paint match even though the car is Polar white. I raised this point in the call and the Regional manager offered to fix the door sill dent and redo bumper touchup for me at no cost.

The service head told me to drop car off whenever convenient and they'd need it for 2 days to remove dent and paint the spot which they did last week.

The result? I'm pretty happy about the end result. Although I took my car back in the evening around sunset time and have yet to see if the resprayed bumper matches body white in broad sunlight, i think its a fair deal from them.
Not only has my ocd about the dent faded but the front bumper scratches no longer having touchup paint mismatch means I can finally sleep sound.

Thanks to Mr.Prabhakar Pillai, Territory parts and service manager from Hyundai India and Mr.Sukesh, Service head from Advaith Hyundai Mangalore for their coordinating efforts to solve my issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20220429wa0016.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20220429wa0018.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20220318wa0013.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20220318wa0015.jpeg  

Nithesh_M is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed