Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2022, 00:24   #1666
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
As per my understanding, you need to reset it under Maintenance Alert settings in Bluelink app - select More from bottom of app > Alert Settings> Maintenance Alert. I have not faced this issue. But read it somewhere. Try it.
I have tried all possible options including bluelink but nothing seems to be working. Service reminder is still popping up. Dunno what else to do other than to visit the ASC
Old 26th October 2022, 17:59   #1667
BHPian

Can you share the picture? It might be a genuine alert that needs expert intervention.
Old 28th October 2022, 14:14   #1668

Need some guidance on the LED Fog lamps setup install.

Tired of the weak lights from the trio beam, plan to install LED fog lamps to assist, got quote locally for @10K for Moco Pro-vision LED, 156 W.

Can someone share experience related to this specific one?
Old 31st October 2022, 18:29   #1669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I have tried all possible options including bluelink but nothing seems to be working. Service reminder is still popping up. Dunno what else to do other than to visit the ASC

I gave up and got in touch with my SA over phone who asked me to reset via settings on MID (settings - - vehicle - - cluster - - service interval). But it still didn't work. So I had to visit the service center. He connected OBD scanner and cleared the reminder. Now it is all set. He said that may be for premium car like Creta, it has to be done this way only

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 31st October 2022 at 18:32.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 11:14   #1670
BANNED

Hi Friends,
It seems that the IMT version does not have hill hold control.How to manage when driving the car through a slope?
Old 5th November 2022, 18:19   #1671
BHPian

Hi everyone, I test drove the Creta DCT in stop-go traffic today. I noticed that after around 15 minutes of driving in stop start conditions, there was a weird juddering while setting off using the creep function and another 10 minutes later the creep function became practically ineffective and needed throttle inputs to get the car moving. Is this normal behaviour or is it a result of the DCT overheating? The SA tried to pass it off saying car is due for service and the issue won't persist. Would appreciate inputs on the same
Old 8th November 2022, 22:47   #1672
BHPian

Long Post Alert :
Complete lack of Common Sense from Hyundai RSA
So my Hyundai Creta 1.5 Petrol Manual(Age 1 yr, 12k km ODO) had a drained Battery (2nd Time in 3 months) when the car was not started for 2-3 weeks at a stretch.

1st Time issue : Called Hyundai RSA, very prompt in their service and sent a person to jump start the car within an hour. The person came in a scooty and jump started the car and asked me to drive for 7-8km or keep the engine started with 1000-2000 rpm for 1 hr. I asked him if he could follow me while I drive and if the engine stops and he could again jump start. I offered him a drive route which he will take to return home and he obliged. Drove for 5-6kms, stopped and started the engine and the engine started. No issues. Thanked him and left

2nd Time Issue -- Me being out of home location, the car was again kept idle for 3weeks and my mom wanted to visit someone and use the car. Again the car would not start. Called Hyundai RSA, again a person came within 1hr and jump started the car and told to keep the car on for 1hr with minimum revv which my driver did. But this time this guy was in a hurry and left within 10mins saying his job is done. After 1hr when my driver restarted the car, it would not turn on. All this was happening in the garage.
So I called the Service Center and explained to them the issue and asked them for a home service and pickup of the car. But came to know that this service is chargeable(650+ gst + 350 pickup charges, pickup and drop is only free when you send for service). They asked me to contact RSA and get the car towed to the service center free of cost as the car was within warranty (big mistake to save a few bucks)
So next day I called up the RSA and asked them for a Towing service. In the next 30mins I got a call from the Tow Truck driver asking about the location. Asked him if he has a jumper cable and battery as he needs to start the car so that the steering unlocks and he can take it out of the garage. He said it was not his responsibility to start the car and he can only tow...!!!!
Called Hyundai RSA again and to my dismay they said as per process they will send a separate technician to start and take the car out of the garage and then a tow truck would come to tow the car. My argument was if the car is left on the road(alley) it would be an issue as it would block traffic. Again they started explaining the process and I got irritated and gave them a mouthful and asked for escalation. My argument was once my Honda Amaze had the same starting issue in the middle of the road at night and Honda sent a tow truck where the TowTruck person had a jumper cable, battery and and managed to start the car before towing. So I had the same expectation.
After much deliberation and escalation they eventually agreed to send both the technician and tow truck together....and guess what...!!!! The same impatient Technician who came yesterday arrived without the tow truck and the tow truck was minimum 1.5hrs away...!!!!
Again the same argument and remotely doing all these calls and follow up irritated me no ends.

This time the technician jump started the car, kept it on for 15mins, stopped and started and it started normally. Tried multiple times and it worked. Maybe it had some juice from yesterday when it was kept on for nearly an hour.
Cancelled the towtruck and arranged for a driver personally and asked him to drop to the nearest service center for a battery checkup and possibly a battery change under warranty.

The entire episode has left a sour taste in ownership.
Always was of the opinion that Hyundai service was excellent until now when experiencing 1st hand.
Couple of Areas of Concern
1. 1 yr old car with 12k in the ODO is having a dead Battery if not started for 2-3 weeks. This cannot be normal because I have seen my relative's Hyundai Grand i10 and i20 sitting idle for more than a month or two. Even my old Honda Amaze with a 4yr old battery started normally when it was sitting idle for a month during COVID-19 time.
Before anyone asks, there is no external accessories except the touchscreen as this is a Executive version. There might be some current leakage here but let Hyundai establish that. I made it a point to disable the quick boot option in the Android Headunit. Also the same Headunit was installed in my old car(i ported the same unit from my old car to this) and it never had any issues.
2. What is this process with Hyundai RSA ? Completely lacks logic and common sense. They are saying once the technician starts the car and if you feel there is an issue with the battery then drive to the service center. What happens if the car stops in between and cannot be started. Their argument is then call the towing service and then the car would be towed, so basically asking the customer to be stranded on the road. Also a complete lack of Communication and Coordination between Hyundai RSA, Alliance or something who assigns another 3rd party for the towing service/technician plus the people on ground

To top that up, once it reached the service center, the service advisor's first dialogue was -- this is quite normal. If you don't start the car for 15 days the battery will be dead. Asked to give me this in writing and then he said would look into the issue and revert back. Lets see where this goes

Any thoughts on the issue and the RSA process.
abhisekbit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 23:15   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisekbit View Post
Any thoughts on the issue and the RSA process.
What you have seen with your relative's i10/i20 is actually what is supposed to happen. We had started our 1.6 petrol Creta without any issues even after it was sitting at home for 2 months during the lockdowns.

My suspicions are against either one or more of 3 areas. The first and highly likely possibility is that the battery itself is defective or of inferior quality. The second and also highly likely possibility is that there is a ghost current aka a hidden electricity drain from one of the electronic components. The third and slightly less likely possibility is that the alternator is not charging the battery properly. However, finding out the exact reason will require a thorough investigation by the ASC personnel which is unlikely to happen without adequate pressure from your end. Also, please ask them to check if your car has the latest ECU software updates installed.

About your pathetic experience with Hyundai RSA, I understand that they have their processes but your request was very reasonable and could have been accommodated easily. About the tow truck driver, Hyundai may not have provided a separate battery to that driver. And since truck systems run on 24 volt batteries, that driver may not have been able to help you start the car unless he had two 12 volt batteries in his truck.

Overall a very bad mishandling of the situation by Hyundai India's RSA. Hyundai used to win J.D. Power awards for customer satisfaction but alas no more
Old 14th November 2022, 13:27   #1674

I have not followed the thread completely, please excuse. I had a similar issue with my other car and the culprit was the boot light switch, which was constantly on and was draining the battery. It was discovered almost after 4 months of ordeal.
diesel_lover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 11:02   #1675
Distinguished - BHPian

Creta S+ Knight Edition gets the panoramic sunroof. Making it the cheapest car at 13 Lakh ex-showroom to get one.

CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 19:25   #1676
BHPian

Low Battery in Key Fob
My Creta SX(O) IVT is 1.5 years old and driven around 8,000Km. It is normally used once a week as i am lucky to have work-from-home. In the last one week, i experienced 2-3 times, a notification on the dashboard about a low battery alert on the key. This does not happen when starting the car but when i switch off the engine after a trip (which is risky if you are going out and the car won't start when you are trying to return).

I am curious about:

1) if this is normal to run out of juice in such a short time? Should i be investigating any other causes?

2) if the battery dies mid-way, how will the push-button engine start behave (as it will not detect the key is in the car). Can we do a remote engine start using the mobile app and drive it home?

On all my previous cars, the battery lasted well over 10 years despite being exposed to rough usage, rain and even sanitizer.I understand that it will be a simple process of battery replacement but incident happening so soon has got me worried.
Old 23rd November 2022, 19:30   #1677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
Low Battery in Key Fob
My Creta SX(O) IVT is 1.5 years old and driven around 8,000Km. It is normally used once a week as i am lucky to have work-from-home. In the last one week, i experienced 2-3 times, a notification on the dashboard about a low battery alert on the key. This does not happen when starting the car but when i switch off the engine after a trip (which is risky if you are going out and the car won't start when you are trying to return).

I am curious about:

1) if this is normal to run out of juice in such a short time? Should i be investigating any other causes?

2) if the battery dies mid-way, how will the push-button engine start behave (as it will not detect the key is in the car). Can we do a remote engine start using the mobile app and drive it home?

On all my previous cars, the battery lasted well over 10 years despite being exposed to rough usage, rain and even sanitizer.I understand that it will be a simple process of battery replacement but incident happening so soon has got me worried.
My SX IVT remote battery had to be replaced in about a year time. While it is definitely low life vs my previous car grand i10 battery but it is what it is. Don't delay and get it replaced asap. DIY at about 100 bucks or at any car accessories shop for few bucks more.

Btw, if battery is down and emergency arises, you can still start the car by touching and pressing the push button using the keyfob itself. However I would suggest to replace battery at earliest opportunity and not get into emergency situation.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 23rd November 2022 at 19:37.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 21:17   #1678
BHPian

Been driving our 2021 1.5 IVT for almost a year now and very recently drove the 1.4 turbo petrol after six months and here are some quick comparison pointers between the 1.5 IVT and 1.4 turbo DCT, both being SX(O) variants.

• The 1.5 IVT has a better linear pick-up and gains momentum without any drama. The 1.4 turbo DCT, on the other hand, can be a little jerky during initial pick-up, and gains speed quite agressively if you floor the A pedal. Where DCT shines is how it keeps pulling and gives you that adrenaline rush. IVT doesn't excite you, but does the job done efficiently.
  • The gear shift is very much noticable in DCT. IVT is super smooth and has no gear shift feel at all. This difference is felt more if you drive a DCT immediately after driving an IVT. Also, DCT does take a second or so to downshift.
  • The 1.4 turbo engine is not the most silent unit in the world. I have driven that car multiple times in the past, but never realized it. After driving the super silent 1.5 NA engine, I have to admit that it is the NA engine which is just far superior in terms of refinement.
  • In city traffic conditions, IVT is easier to drive, particularly within 5-15 kmph speed as the low end has no lag whatsoever. The DCT, however, has a prominent lag in that range which makes it not so user friendly within city.
  • The 1.4 turbo plus DCT becomes a beast on open roads/highways. It's just sooooo much fun as it has loads of torque and power, very close to our 1st gen diesel Creta. The IVT is not bad tbh, but it's nowhere near to what the other one offers. Plus the infamous rubber band effect can be felt if you really push it hard.

Another thing being very apparent was how that 1.4 turbo Creta has aged. It's a 2020 model with close to 33K kms. And it felt old already. Creaking and squeaking noises, some weird steering wheel noise, breaks (so much lesser bite left), electric seat adjustment noise etc were some turn offs. Yes, the owner as I know, doesn't exactly baby his cars but so many red flags within 2 years are concerning. Our Creta will complete 1 year next month and barring a few irritating niggles (doors squeaking and that thud noise from the tailgate - the thud noise is present in the DCT variant as well), it has held up pretty okay so far. Perhaps how you keep your car is what makes all the difference. Anyone else noticed this thud noise from the tailgate (left side) on rumble strips and expansion joints at lower speed?

Overall, these two cars with different engines and gearboxes are very different to each other. It all comes down to what you need at the end of it. For more power and fun on open roads, 1.4 DCT it is. For a smooth, but less exciting experience, 1.5 IVT is the one.

Last edited by Col Mehta : 23rd November 2022 at 21:20.
Col Mehta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 10:52   #1679
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
Low Battery in Key Fob
1.5 years is too early for it to die. My Creta and Grand i10 remote battery lasted 4-5 years.

Suggest you to change it as it takes just 5 mins. I think Creta battery is CR2032 (atleast the first gen Creta). Do confirm before you purchase as there are numerous sizes available.
Old 24th November 2022, 18:21   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Another thing being very apparent was how that 1.4 turbo Creta has aged. It's a 2020 model with close to 33K kms. And it felt old. Our Creta will complete 1 year next month and barring a few irritating niggles (doors squeaking and that thud noise from the tailgate - the thud noise is present in the DCT variant as well), it has held up pretty okay so far. Perhaps how you keep your car is what makes all the difference. Anyone else noticed this thud noise from the tailgate (left side) on rumble strips and expansion joints at lower speed?

Overall, these two cars with different engines and gearboxes are very different to each other. It all comes down to what you need at the end of it. For more power and fun on open roads, 1.4 DCT it is. For a smooth, but less exciting experience, 1.5 IVT is the one.

Hi,

I am in a similar situation like you regarding the thuds and creaks in Creta. Do check wether the thudding noise is actually coming from the boot or somewhere else. In my case the culprit was rear headrest which was pushed all the way up. Also, the empty front passenger seat rattles like a can when going over potholes.
In addition to this, the seat-belts in the car are an exquisite work of enigma in themselves. Whenever they are unbuckled, they always find some way to twist and turn and get stuck between the seat and the pillar. They don’t retract properly and thereby try to imitate a rattlesnake over every speedbump.

I drive a diesel - manual creta. My driving impression in 14 months of owning the car is that it slots perfectly between the 2 petrol engines. It has good push off the line and beyond 2000 RPM it pulls like a train.
Vkap257 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks