Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2020, 11:11   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Nios 1.0L Turbo Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
Shocking that no dealer in Chennai has a test drive car available of the 1.0 T GDI that powers i10 Nios and the Aura. All the SA's I contacted say its due to the lukewarm response from customers demanding for this engine,
The lukewarm response to this engine maybe due to the fact that the Swift Petrol is not miles behind when it comes to outright performance (i know i am comparing an NA engine to Turbo petrol, but what matters to end user is absolute performance).

So someone with that budget would make a wee bit compromise in performance and settle for the Swift instead.
Old 28th October 2020, 15:12   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
The lukewarm response to this engine maybe due to the fact that the Swift Petrol is not miles behind when it comes to outright performance (i know i am comparing an NA engine to Turbo petrol, but what matters to end user is absolute performance).

So someone with that budget would make a wee bit compromise in performance and settle for the Swift instead.
I'm inclined to agree with this. For the price, the i10 Nios Turbo segment-creeps, and you get very little car in exchange. Two people I'm close to recently purchased new cars. Both took a close look at the Nios Sportz 1.0 Turbo. In Bangalore, the dealer quoted 9.2 lakhs (after discounts) for the Nios. That's a steep price to pay for the snail.

Test-driving the car was great fun, but we just couldn't justify the money. Clearly this car is meant for people who must have a hot hatch above other concerns, and even in that regard, the far superior Polo TSI is right there.

For context, we booked the NA Aura SXO for 9.2 lakhs... the exact same price as the i10 turbo.
Old 31st October 2020, 11:15   #48
BHPian

I couldn't find any other thread for the grand i10 nios so posting here. Mods please move the post to the appropriate thread.

Can anybody point out what exactly the fuel tank capacity of the grand i10 nios 1.2 is. I tried searching for it but google says it can take upto 37 litres to 60 litres which doesn't make much sense to me.
Old 31st October 2020, 11:20   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_404 View Post

Can anybody point out what exactly the fuel tank capacity of the grand i10 nios 1.2 is. I tried searching for it but google says it can take upto 37 litres to 60 litres which doesn't make much sense to me.
According to NIOS owners manual, fuel tank capacity is 37 litres.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 12:00   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
According to NIOS owners manual, fuel tank capacity is 37 litres.

Spike
My cousin has recently purchased a nios. He had it refueled today and it took around 43 litres of petrol. The car already had around 6 litres of petrol so do you think he may be scammed or is it indeed possible that the car can take upto 50 litres of fuel.
Old 31st October 2020, 22:10   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My cousin has recently purchased a nios. He had it refueled today and it took around 43 litres of petrol. The car already had around 6 litres of petrol so do you think he may be scammed or is it indeed possible that the car can take upto 50 litres of fuel.
I really doubt that a small hatchback would have a ~ 50 L fuel tank. I do not expect the manufacturer to goof up on such a basic specification. We have a Nios at home but haven't refueled her to the brim yet. So not sure if the 50 L claim is correct.

Spike
Old 31st October 2020, 23:29   #52

Quote:
50 litres seems funky. Manufacturer specs state that its capacity is 37 litres, which is the nominal figure. If you assume that the tank's actual capacity is about 15%-20% more than nominal, that works out to roughly 43-45 litres, well below the 50 litre mark.
Old 4th November 2020, 12:55   #53
BHPian

Quote:
This is definitely scam. If your cousin has the bill please go back to petrol pump with owner's manual and show them the specification. At least amount for 6L fuel should be reimbursed.
Old 11th November 2020, 14:39   #54
BHPian

Global NCAP has tested the Grand i10 Nios. It achieved two stars for adult occupant protection and two stars for child occupant protection in Global NCAP’s latest round of SaferCarsForIndia crash test results.

abhi9044 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 10:12   #55
BHPian

Took a test drive of Nios Turbo as our 2011 i10 Sportz 1.2 was sold off this month. The gearing is too tall and needs downshift to first gear on speed breakers as opposed to older 1.2 which never needed it. The turbo punch is great but fuel efficiency in city would take a hit. Hyundai India is only producing and selling certain trims for certain colours. And all six colours as advertised are not available in all trims. This is a poor marketing gimmick. The turbo is only available in white and teal colours. Similarly they are only offering only certain colours on certain trims. Given the poor NCAP score also test drove the New (Old) Polo 1.0 turbo highline plus and inclined towards buying it.
Old 5th December 2020, 22:05   #56
BHPian

Cousin is booking Hyundai Venue. The dealership took us to their stockyard for PDI in their test drive Nios. Two of us were sitting in the back.

The car had done 800 kms . The amount of noise coming from the boot was irritating and the ride was rough. Even my cousin, an average joe, pointed out the bad ride quality and the amount of road felt inside the back seat.

If someone planning to buy do sit in the back before deciding.
KD007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 14:28   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai's i10 in Europe, Euro NCAP tested:

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 2725
Size:  163.0 KB

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 17:09   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpindian View Post
This is a poor marketing gimmick. The turbo is only available in white and teal colours.
Seriously, did the showroom folks mention that? I thought fiery red + black roof was also an option available for the turbo. Even the brochure on the website clearly that.
Small Bot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 14:07   #59
BHPian

Comparison of turbo petrol hatchbacks done by Evo India.

Is Nios turbo as good as this review makes it out to be? I'm looking for a replacement for my 2011 i20 diesel, and this looks like a very good option.
It'll be a daily driver for my dad back in India, and since he's satisfied with the service provided by Hyundai, he's not looking for any other brand. This will mostly be a city runabout as we have an XUV 500 for the occasional highway runs.

I have a soft corner for diesels, so my only other option is a pre-owned Elite i20 diesel (new one is damn expensive!).
Old 17th December 2021, 11:07   #60
BHPian

Team,

I own a i10 nios 1.2 NA petrol and gave the car for 3rd(free) service today.

I specifically asked them to use the fully synthetic oil(just like in my 2nd service which they did happily), but this time they have said that Hyundai has told them not to use Fully Synthetic oil officially in BS6 engines, and to instead use a mineral oil(from Hyundai) made specifically for the BS6 engines(I can kinda confirm this as the price quoted by the SVC is the same I see in the service price est. in the Hyundai app).

Reason given by the service advisor is that this is because the BS6 engines is not developing much carbon deposits(by using FS oil) and hence, the metal-on-metal contact is high. So, by using the mineral oil, the carbon deposits increase, making the car smoother.

Can someone confirm if this is a good thing? As far I know, the lesser the carbon deposits, the better the engine is and also as it's a mineral oil that they're putting in, is it better if I change it within the next 6 months(official service is 1/year)?

Thanks,
Shravan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks