Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2022, 15:14   #61
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Nios 1.0L Turbo Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravansp24 View Post
Team,

I own a i10 nios 1.2 NA petrol and gave the car for 3rd(free) service today.

I specifically asked them to use the fully synthetic oil(just like in my 2nd service which they did happily), but this time they have said that Hyundai has told them not to use Fully Synthetic oil officially in BS6 engines, and to instead use a mineral oil(from Hyundai) made specifically for the BS6 engines(I can kinda confirm this as the price quoted by the SVC is the same I see in the service price est. in the Hyundai app).

Reason given by the service advisor is that this is because the BS6 engines is not developing much carbon deposits(by using FS oil) and hence, the metal-on-metal contact is high. So, by using the mineral oil, the carbon deposits increase, making the car smoother.

Can someone confirm if this is a good thing? As far I know, the lesser the carbon deposits, the better the engine is and also as it's a mineral oil that they're putting in, is it better if I change it within the next 6 months(official service is 1/year)?

Thanks,
Shravan
Even I opted for the normal engine oil since I was quite happy with the performance with the factory one. But after the 10k kms service there is some sluggishness that has creeped in and the mileage has dropped drastically. The range used to be 600-700kms tank to tank (70-80% highway runs) but I am unable to get 550kms after the service. Even the MID mileage which used to jump to 22-23.5kmpl around 80-90kmph cruising speed is hardly crossing 20kmpl.

The smoothness and the free-revving nature is gone and can it just be due to the engine oil?
Old 1st January 2022, 19:55   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa1997 View Post
The smoothness and the free-revving nature is gone and can it just be due to the engine oil?
Engine oil affects the smoothness and ability to rev easily to an extent(and to a considerable amount if the oil quality is garbage). But I cannot say for sure that it could be the problem as there are other factors too like the fuel quality and octane rating, injectors, spark plugs etc etc which can detoriate with time affecting the performance.

If you are noticing the difference after the oil change and suspicious of it, you can replace the oil with an aftermarket good quality compatible one along with the oil filter and test it
shravansp24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 10:02   #63
BHPian

Looks like the Polo is favourite choice for all BHPians! But, for a family of 4, need of a manual car and a Vento TSi already doing duties in the Family - The Nios looks to be good choice in my case albeit with a 40K Discount, its space and features.

Now, the main question. There are no ownership reviews or long term reviews of the Turbo specifically anywhere on the internet. Generally, turbo petrol's have a different service criteria than their NA Rivals. I would request all BHPians to help me out and procure the Service Needs and Specifications (Oil Grade, Quantity, Specific Part Numbers, etc) as normally the ASS are not aware of these details. Also is there a requirement of Injector Cleaner?

Thanks in advance for all the help!
MartinVirage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 15:20   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinVirage View Post
There are no ownership reviews or long term reviews of the Turbo specifically anywhere on the internet. Generally, turbo petrol's have a different service criteria than their NA Rivals. I would request all BHPians to help me out and procure the Service Needs and Specifications (Oil Grade, Quantity, Specific Part Numbers, etc) as normally the ASS are not aware of these details. Also is there a requirement of Injector Cleaner?

Thanks in advance for all the help!
Sailing in the same boat! I have almost decided on the turbo petrol but no real world reviews available. The feedback on the driveability, reliability and efficiency of turbo engines in i20 and Venue out here has been good though. A bit of tentativeness has crept in due to the complete absence of any i10 Turbo for test drives here in Chennai.
anandmv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 07:55   #65
BHPian

I too never test drove the Grand i10 Nios Turbo. I test drove the Venue Turbo. I checked the details for the Aura GDi through the official manual (will post the link below). Looks quite normal - servicing point of view. No mention of injector cleaner or specific part numbers - though I am guessing GDi will require costlier Iridium Spark Plugs and a different Air Cleaner.

I finally bit the bullet and booked the turbo with 40k discount - albeit with a 10K hike. Its just like my Vento Tsi Ownership - There were no TDs and cars for display either. Hope have a good Ownership experience.

https://www.hyundai.com/content/dam/...anual/aura.pdf
Old 29th January 2022, 18:43   #66
BHPian

Owners of Grand i10 Nios, please suggest where to buy seat covers for this car. I just booked the car today in Aqua Teal Colour. The Hyundai showroom guy told me it will cost 12K which I find expensive and makes me think it is better getting it done from outside.
Is there any official hyundai genuine accessories website?

Also, suggestions needed on which kind of seat cover to get (in terms of colour combination) for a aqua teal colour i10 nios. Inside the interiors are dual tone.
Old 30th January 2022, 21:22   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Owners of Grand i10 Nios, please suggest where to buy seat covers for this car. I just booked the car today in Aqua Teal Colour. The Hyundai showroom guy told me it will cost 12K which I find expensive and makes me think it is better getting it done from outside.
Is there any official hyundai genuine accessories website?

Also, suggestions needed on which kind of seat cover to get (in terms of colour combination) for a aqua teal colour i10 nios. Inside the interiors are dual tone.

Quoting my own post, the seatcover that the lady at showroom showed me is as attached in pic (middle beige and rest black). They also gave me a pdf which all seems to be their own aftermarket seat covers. The beige and black was quoted as 12K which seems super expensive.
I see that official Hyundai accessory covers is under 6K usually (as I saw in one youtube video).
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios 1.0L Turbo Petrol : Official Review-32f9b583736346b2b6e50c82c5d39820.jpeg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf catalogue1 final_220118_104927_compressed.pdf (18.25 MB, 199 views)
Old 3rd February 2022, 07:25   #68
BHPian

Got the delivery of my pocket rocket! Will post a review after a few days.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios 1.0L Turbo Petrol : Official Review-img20220131wa0003.jpg  

MartinVirage is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 18:15   #69
BHPian

Anyone here who has installed aftermarket arm rest in their Nios? I don't have car yet but plan to have aftermarket arm rest but I am worried that it may impact the way handbrake is utilized and also with Nios having rear ac vents, how does that work with the arm rest.
Old 7th March 2022, 09:41   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got the delivery of my pocket rocket! Will post a review after a few days.
How are the initial drive impressions? Do try to put up a brief review of the "pocket rocket", if possible.

Drive safe!

Best,
Old 8th March 2022, 09:50   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
How are the initial drive impressions? Do try to put up a brief review of the "pocket rocket", if possible.

Drive safe!

Best,
I was going to put up a comprehensive review after my first service. Nevertheless, here is a brief review in the last 950KMs :

Car: Hyundai Grand i10 Nios GDi Turbo Sportz (long name no)
Spec: Aqua Teal Blue with Black interiors with red stitching.

1. Engine - Gearbox combo is a gem. Coming from the G13BB Swift, it is a bit of a learning curve to get used to the gearbox. For city commute, you can literally drive along in 2nd gear for your entire journey. In highways, you never really need to shift down from 5th gear. A 6th cog would have been a welcome addition to be fair.

2. On cold starts, the engine is a bit unrefiny-throaty in terms of noise. Vibrations are there on startup, but cannot be felt after the engine reaches the operating temperature. Once, warmed up, the car has some 'bassy' exhaust note, to be fair it sounds sporty, but will have have to get it checked with the service centre if its an exhaust leak. No other, Turbo Nios to compare it with.

3. I have been following a 'Run-in' style of driving. Still, the car is extremely sporty. Yes, there is lag (More like the swift DDiS), but it shoots forward after 1500 rpm. On open roads it is almost impossible to be below the 80 beep.

4. If revved hard (anything above 3.5k rpm) during gear changes the tires cannot hold the power and the car will wheelspin. That said, Car is massively under tired. I was planning on a 185 section swap (at least), but have opted for the Shield of trust and was worried, if they might deny warranty claims.

5. Pune Roads are not very good. My car came with Good Years which are very hard. Have been playing with the tyre pressures a bit, they seem to work, but still haven't reached to the golden spot yet. Suspension setup seems decent to be honest, if i swap into Michelins or Yokos, it would complement the ride setup.

6. Average is very good provided you shift early. City mileage will be around 13kmpl (approx) and highways can easily go upwards of 18 kmpl (easily).

7. Prospective buyers do purchase the maximum available SOT (which is for 5 years/60000kms) as it covers most wear and tear items for a really good price of 9K

8. Points already covered in the review to which I
a. Ok! The only competitor it has is the Polo. But, I think this is a better compromise.
b. I don't like Hyundai cost cutting a few parts.
c. Lighting is good for the city and illuminated highway stretches. It is decent for unlit highways.
d. Lock-Unlock horn is irritating.

Please let me know for anymore specific questions. Will have a comprehensive review once i have completed penning down one with some good pictures.
MartinVirage is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 10:51   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was going to put up a comprehensive review after my first service. Nevertheless, here is a brief review in the last 950KMs :
Thanks for the head-up! You've summed up the main points w.r.t. driveability, ride & handling and efficiency quite succinctly

Reason why I asked you, is that, I also have a G13B Swift well past a lakh of kilometres and was looking for something new within my "aam-aadmi" limited budget; something which will have a little bit of pizzaz to spice up the daily commutes. From what you experience the i10 Nios Turbo seems to be a good pick, south of Rs 10lakhs.
Yes, the VW's are really good and brilliant cars in their own right, but in our daily context, where the family & seniors will also be using the car, the reliability of the Korean-Japanese products alongwith thier easy to access service networks, present a very strong case indeed.

Thanks once again! Take care and drive safe! Look forward to your detailed review.

Best,
Old 8th March 2022, 11:02   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Spec: Aqua Teal Blue with Black interiors with red stitching.
Would love to see an interior pic with that seat cover. Is it official Hyundai? I have booked Aqua Teal Nios Sportz AMT (non turbo) and just yesterday the dealer called me and told car is alloted and should be with me in couple of weeks max.
I need to check which seat cover to put and will be going to an area near my home to ask for prices.
How much did the seat covers cost?
Old 8th March 2022, 12:58   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
New within my "aam-aadmi" limited budget; something which will have a little bit of pizzaz to spice up the daily commutes. From what you experience the i10 Nios Turbo seems to be a good pick, south of Rs 10lakhs.
Yes, the VW's are really good and brilliant cars in their own right, but in our daily context, where the family & seniors will also be using the car, the reliability of the Korean-Japanese products alongwith thier easy to access service networks, present a very strong case indeed.

Best,
Perfectly Summarized!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Would love to see an interior pic with that seat cover. Is it official Hyundai? I have booked Aqua Teal Nios Sportz AMT (non turbo) and just yesterday the dealer called me and told car is alloted and should be with me in couple of weeks max.
I need to check which seat cover to put and will be going to an area near my home to ask for prices.
How much did the seat covers cost?
The seatcovers I have are the stock fabric seats which came with the car.

I believe the hierarchy for Hyundai Nios interior goes like this:

Sportz and below and Asta: They get light grey and white combo.
Sportz DT (Dual Tone), AMT Sportz DT and GDi Sports and Sportz DT : They get black, and gun metal combo with red contrasting stitching and accents.
Sportz DT ,Asta DT Aqua Teal : They get black, and gun metal combo with aqua teal contrasting stitching and accents (never seen this - only on website).

If I would want to fit externally fitted seat covers, AutoForm brand has some good options. I generally would not fit anything from the showroom, unless its Free

Try to get a floor lamination done which is around 3000 as a freebie if possible. I would highly recommend it.
MartinVirage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 17:18   #75
BHPian

Took a test drive today, but waiting period is quite long in Noida (Approx 6 months for AMT)

Most Viewed