Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2020, 15:28   #181
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar Review : First Drive

As he now owns Thar No. 1 for Rs. 1,11,00,000, and also appears to have considerable resources, Mr. Aakash Minda should now go all the way and bid for a 0001 registration number
TAHR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 17:08   #182
BHPian

It looks like the test drive vehicles have started to reach dealerships. Goa got one, Hubli dealer too is getting one by tomorrow and the test drive will be available on 2nd October onwards. Finally the time has come to experience this beast
Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 17:23   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
It looks like the test drive vehicles have started to reach dealerships. Goa got one, Hubli dealer too is getting one by tomorrow and the test drive will be available on 2nd October onwards. Finally the time has come to experience this beast
Bangalore seems to be running late with this. The dealer I am pursuing (Sireesh Auto) confirmed they might not have the TD vehicles on 2nd, though they will confirm again my end of day.

Although I am bit skeptical how they will handle the rush (if any) on a long weekend with covid scare still there.
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 17:32   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Bangalore seems to be running late with this. The dealer I am pursuing (Sireesh Auto) confirmed they might not have the TD vehicles on 2nd, though they will confirm again my end of day.

Although I am bit skeptical how they will handle the rush (if any) on a long weekend with covid scare still there.
All the best ! With all the Covid issues my suggestion is to schedule a slot during the week and go visit when there is no crowd. If you have to go try do your waiting in your own vehicle / take all precautions.

Reality has hit me this week when I realized with Covid from Jan till now I have driven a total of 1200 km (totally on three vehicles I have with me). I have pedaled 1600 km on my cycle for fitness !
So I may get a new cycle
sjcherian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 18:24   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
All the best ! With all the Covid issues my suggestion is to schedule a slot during the week and go visit when there is no crowd. If you have to go try do your waiting in your own vehicle / take all precautions.

Reality has hit me this week when I realized with Covid from Jan till now I have driven a total of 1200 km (totally on three vehicles I have with me). I have pedaled 1600 km on my cycle for fitness !
So I may get a new cycle
I agree. Even I am planning to go only on weekday to avoid rush. Better be safe. Obviously all will depend on when TD vehicles are available.

The problem with a vehicle with Thar this time is that there will be many people wanting to take TD for fun but much less actually TD'ng to buy. Nothing wrong though in that.

Last edited by justwheels : 30th September 2020 at 18:54.
Old 30th September 2020, 20:07   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Ashok Minda has chosen Swades Foundation as his preferred choice for the donation.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...5Imp6S-00HRS50
CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 05:39   #187
BHPian

Good morning all!

It's just a day of waiting to get the official pricing from Mahindra.

Can we all restrain ourselves, not to talk about the price till it's revealed? Just for one day?

I am not sure how many are sad about the IFS in the Thar and hope that it came with Solid Live Front axle?

I'm not mechanically inclined at all and I would appreciate if someone can shed some light on whether changing the front IFS with a solid front axle, is possible at all with reasonable effort and cost without messing up the integrity of the suspension?

I could be totally wrong but it looks like at the cost of a bit more comfortable ride on road, you lose quite a bit of wheel articulation, lift options, and several components to worry about while offroad etc.

Have a great day you all!!
Tomorrow is finally a day that we've all been so eagerly looking forward to, for so long.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st October 2020 at 21:00. Reason: Please do not use all caps while typing
bolbolerobol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 11:15   #188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Ashok Minda has chosen Swades Foundation as his preferred choice for the donation.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...5Imp6S-00HRS50
I suppose Minda (a large auto component company) must also supply components in the ordinary course to Mahindra. A nice statement to make by a company to an important customer, if that is the case?

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st October 2020 at 11:22.
Old 1st October 2020, 11:47   #189
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolbolerobol View Post
Good morning all!

It's just a day of waiting to get the official pricing from Mahindra.
I guess this is the first time I am seeing people soo eagerly waiting for Gandhi Jayanti, Oct 2 ( pun intended, no offence to our beloved Gandhiji)
HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 14:21   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
I guess this is the first time I am seeing people soo eagerly waiting for Gandhi Jayanti, Oct 2 ( pun intended, no offence to our beloved Gandhiji)
Also happens to be the first time that on one dry day (15th Aug) people starting impatiently waiting for the next dry day (2nd october)
abhinavsureka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 14:51   #191
BHPian

I think Mahindra has lived up to the expectation of launching a much anticipated product with all this hype.
I also plan to buy its diesel AT only if it will cost around 15 Lacs on road.
Looking forward for its official pricing!
Aafaq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 15:21   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not mechanically inclined at all and I would appreciate if someone can shed some light on whether changing the front IFS with a solid front axle, is possible at all with reasonable effort and cost without messing up the integrity of the suspension?
This has been discussed at length here (Solidifying the Mahindra Thar - Solid Axle Conversion)

Quote:
I could be totally wrong but it looks like at the cost of a bit more comfortable ride on road, you lose quite a bit of wheel articulation, lift options, and several components to worry about while offroad etc.
That "bit" above is a HUGE bit, ask anyone who has owned/driven a solid-axle vehicle
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 15:26   #193
Senior - BHPian

More details on the Mahindra Thar auction

Last week, the first Mahindra Thar was sold at auction for Rs. 1.11 crore. The carmaker has now released more details of this auction.

Mahindra Thar Review : First Drive-download-12.jpg

The winning bid was placed by Mr. Aakash Minda from New Delhi. It was 4 times the reserve price of Rs. 25 lakh. Mahindra has contributed an additional 1.11 crore and the total proceed amount will be donated to the Swades Foundation to support Covid-19 relief work.

Almost 5,500 people from 550 locations across India had registered for the auction. Bidders from New Delhi, Chikmaglur (Karnataka), Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Ernakulum (Kerala), Medinipur (West Bengal), Rajkot (Gujarat) Ballia (Uttar Pradesh), Pathanamthitta (Kerala), Jorhat (Assam), Tirunelveli (Tamil Nadu), Bhagalpur (Bihar), Bilaspur (Chattisgarh), Ganganagar (Rajasthan) and Kohima (Nagaland), amongst other cities took part in the auction.

There were 37 bidders who put their bid value at more than Rs. 50 lakh and 4 bidders put their top bids at over Rs. 1 crore. The total value of the unique top bids amounted to Rs. 35,70,75,000, while the value of all bids received was Rs. 105,09,00,000.

Here is a list of the top 5 bidders:

Akash Minda (New Delhi) - Rs. 1,11,00,000

Vishwanath (Chikmaglur) - Rs. 1,09,50,000

Arun (Chennai) - Rs. 1,09,25,000

Abhishek Datta (Medinipur) - Rs. 1,07,00,000

Divyarajsinh (Rajkot) - Rs. 98,25,000

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 1st October 2020 at 15:28.
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 17:12   #194
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Thar HerDrive impressions

Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 17:40   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Mahindra Thar HerDrive impressions

https://Youtu.be/hLhNQ2wc3-Y
A promotional video is all what I would call this HerDrive.

Most of the ladies were in jeans, which will not be the scenario in day to day life, they could have let some in salwar suits and sarees, moreover some ladies were around 5 feet in height, how did they manage to get in, without a proper footstep, like the old Thar. M&M should have provided grab handles on the A pillar, for easier ingress.

I remember seeing Renuka's review and she had to heav herself in, with some grunt to get in.

Edit:
Still no birdie dropping on pricing? Well guarded secret like pepsi and Coke formula, LoL

Last edited by Vinod_nair : 1st October 2020 at 17:58.
Vinod_nair is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks