Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2021, 11:19   #1951
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRJ View Post

Couple of days back I drove 450 kms to and fro in a day and it gave me a bad lower back pain, which I haven’t got in the past five years . I drove multiple times from Vizag to Hyderabad (700km) in our Innova, Fortuner and Baleno and never got one. The last time I had one was when I used to daily drive a Verna around 2015. I can’t figure out why. Is it because of the lumbar support?

Cheers!
I have experienced the same too in my Ecosport. I experience lower back pain on long drives and to counter that I bought an orthopedic lumbar support back cushion with memory foam from amazon. The initial results were good and my pain gradually subsided. I used the cushion for almost 2 years after which I began experiencing the back pain again. I have henceforth removed the cushion and the pain is is almost nil now. I wonder what happened here
Old 27th July 2021, 11:18   #1952
BHPian

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...eMVPX6&ampcf=1

Yet another butcher job done well.
Congrats DC.
Has DC unlocked the Diamond Skin for crappy redesigns?
If you had 90 lakhs lying around to spend,would you atleast get tempted a little?
Sentinel17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 12:11   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel17 View Post

MODS:Sorry for back to back posts but somehow I didn’t have the option to edit.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-920985c7b57a4f179c79da4abf599c5e.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-ab85be8cc87a409f8ed973d914353036.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-e6b7e18946e140d48d2f4ea26082a774.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-3489e488412f48d498f8c0cbe6cbb32b.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-24626cffb61341cd8b0d8aca3f53b62d.jpeg  

Old 27th July 2021, 12:21   #1954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel17 View Post
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...eMVPX6&ampcf=1

Yet another butcher job done well.
Congrats DC.
Has DC unlocked the Diamond Skin for crappy redesigns?
If you had 90 lakhs lying around to spend,would you atleast get tempted a little?
Nothing but a publicity stunt. Take a 17 L car and pay 5 times for a modification. For 90 L, you can get yourself a Defender, rather than this monstrosity.
Cavityavenger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 12:37   #1955
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtman View Post

Or I am overthinking it, and it's just another overenthusiastic attempt at copying Jeep?
Only 3rd Gen wrangler had Jeep logo, the current model does not have it. (Instantly recognizable as a Jeep in their market, so no need either).

Mahindra as well did not have their oval logo on their old Jeeps (Here too instantly recognizable as a Mahindra), just the Mahindra Monogram either on radiator guard in the later models (90s?) or seen in the recent times the really big Chrome Mahindra Monogram on the cowl as seen on Gen1 Thar. (picture from official review).

BD Sir did not approve of it as far as we could gather, but that was their pride and joy, so there it goes.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-mahthar05.jpg  

Kosfactor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 17:19   #1956
BHPian

Can someone please throw light on the Bluesense App for the Thar?
Also, the Android Auto is a hit and miss - does it have something to do with the USB wire?

Last edited by Slipstream11 : 27th July 2021 at 17:21.
Old 27th July 2021, 19:24   #1957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream11 View Post
Can someone please throw light on the Bluesense App for the Thar?
Also, the Android Auto is a hit and miss - does it have something to do with the USB wire?
I have used the Bluesense app on and off (mostly off), anything specific you're looking for?

AA works just fine - except for shutting off at times (maybe once or twice a month) - when it's in use, it'll dump me back to the ICE home screen with AA disabled. And then after 5 seconds, it will get active again and I'll select it.

If your issue is more often, maybe try a new cable? I'm using one of those 6 inch cables from Amazon -

https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B081FG1QYX
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 11:39   #1958
BHPian

Yes, USB wires do play a part. Certain wires are meant for charging only. They do not have the necessary architecture for Android Auto/transfers. Found out myself. The USB wire that comes with battery pack won't let us connect Android Auto. The wire that comes with the phone will do the trick.
raj.singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 12:20   #1959
Senior - BHPian

I did a day trip yesterday, Blr- Tirumala-Blr. I decided to take the Thar this time.

My Thar finished 4000 km yesterday with this trip, each crank and move has been nothing less than wide smiles.

I’m now fully used to attention, people stopping and asking details. Yesterday was no different, with the security at the Alipiri entrance to Tirumala forgetting his role and started asking me why this vehicle is special. The only reply I gave is that this vehicle made him have a conversation with me and the fact we are having a chat is special.

The only problem I want to solve is the seats. Jumps about too much. Like VRJ said a couple of posts back, the jumping and repel of the seats does cause a lower back ache.

The one and only niggle, if I can say so is the A/C adjustable knob came off.

In the 129 days of ownership, I’ve done three highway runs, took it inside the Nethravathi river twice, did mild to crazy off roadings, have got stuck in muck and have got rescued by a tractor, have driven this in all types of roads. And I just love it to bits.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-36dcd9448e4840a68b5321de88ca2ccb.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-f122c5ff7d9749498271c39ae3df311a.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-873ab308569b4d6c8b014c89b74bbd84.jpeg  

jkrishnakj is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 13:59   #1960

Has anyone gone in for a modification on the new hardtop thar as DIY to remove the stock hardtop.
Old 28th July 2021, 15:07   #1961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
The only problem I want to solve is the seats. Jumps about too much. Like VRJ said a couple of posts back, the jumping and repel of the seats does cause a lower back ache.

And I thought only my Thar had these special jumping seats! It seems I will have to take it yet again to the dealer for this jumping problem.

What I have identified till now is that the seat height adjustment mechanism is causing this. I have tried to lower it completely whenever the seat jumps and it stops the jumping momentarily for a couple of bumps and then starts again.

So either the seat height adjustment mechanism has to be replaced under warranty or the whole seat itself under warranty.

Missing BD sir on the forum. Whenever I used to post a problem about my storme, I used to get a call from him and then from the engineer at Tata regarding the storme and the problem used to get rectified properly. Wish we had more people who were into this automotive line with the kind of zeal that he had!

Last edited by navpreet318 : 28th July 2021 at 15:10.
navpreet318 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 15:13   #1962
Senior - BHPian

Well, and I thought that I wasn’t able to get the seats into position. Didn’t realise that a few here are having a similar issue.

I’ve really tried a number of times to adjust the height and the inclines. I just couldn’t quite figure out why I had the seats jump about, sometimes, it also repels into your back, akin to a rifle to a shoulder.

I also tried driving with lesser air thinking it’ll soften a bit.

Nothing worked yet. And the next service isn’t until 6K km more, and that a long way away.
Old 28th July 2021, 16:45   #1963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
The only problem I want to solve is the seats. Jumps about too much
Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
And I thought only my Thar had these special jumping seats
What exactly do you guys mean by "jumping" seats? Do the seats have some sort of "play" wherein they move about? If so, does it happen for both front seats?
Old 28th July 2021, 17:18   #1964
Senior - BHPian

Yes. Almost like going up/down and the back also feels like having movements. It was more pronounced in my long drive off yesterday. You’ll feel it in the slightest of undulations.
Old 28th July 2021, 23:11   #1965
Senior - BHPian

The seat height adjustment mechanism has play in it. The system seems to collapse when it gets a jerk on a bump or a speed breaker. The whole seat moves, the bottom as well as the back.

The seat brackets at the base are ok but the seat height mechanism is at fault here. Especially with us heavy guys.

And to answer the above question, the passenger seat doesn't move as that doesn't have the height adjustment mechanism.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks