Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2021, 15:31   #2671
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Took delivery of my Diesel Thar on 9th November 2021 after 11 excruciating months of waiting. Exactly a month and 1800 kms later...
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_2064.jpg  

crackparag is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 16:14   #2672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Two quick questions.

What's the standard warranty on Thar (years and KMs)?

What's the extended warranty on Thar (years and KMs) and its price?
Standard Warranty - 3 years / 1,00,000 KM
Max. Extended Warranty - 5 years / 1,20,000 KM

I paid Rs. 16,199 for the 4th and 5th year.

Last edited by ph03n!x : 9th December 2021 at 16:15.
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 19:18   #2673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackparag View Post
Took delivery of my Diesel Thar on 9th November 2021 after 11 excruciating months of waiting. Exactly a month and 1800 kms later...
Congratulations on the ride and wish you happy miles. Can you please share from where you got tbe headlights replaced. I am waiting for mine but wanted to know of any good place in Mumbai for the minimum mods that I am planning
Old 9th December 2021, 20:42   #2674
BHPian

Thanks everyone for helping with the fuel economy figures. I knew its thirsty and having driven a lot of diesels this is still hard to stomach.

But I fully agree that its such a joy to drive and you just feel like taking it out every day!
Old 9th December 2021, 23:53   #2675
BHPian

Wanted to get a pulse from the owners regarding any issues/niggles. I have Petrol Automatic with 3000 kms and I'm facing a couple of issues:

1. TPM constantly malfunctions starting with one tyre and then all 4 subsequently. Initially, it says Signal missing and sometimes says High Pressure. But when I check without error, it shoes 31 psi for all 4 wheels. Mahindra dealership reset them after the 1st service, but the signal missing error keeps returning especially on long drives.

2. I've had the hill descent/traction control lights come on and then go off after restarting. This has happened a couple of times.

Planning on taking it back to service and asking them to replace the TPM sensors on all 4.

Any thoughts?
Old 10th December 2021, 11:57   #2676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi, I have spoken with the Farad India guy and then got the kit for new Thar. I will PM you the details.
Please PM me too, I too only see the four-piece and not the five.

Cheers
Old 10th December 2021, 12:21   #2677
VND
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargav_dave View Post
Thanks everyone for helping with the fuel economy figures. I knew its thirsty and having driven a lot of diesels this is still hard to stomach.

But I fully agree that its such a joy to drive and you just feel like taking it out every day!
Hi,

I completely agree that mStallion mill is pretty thirsty, but when you take the weight and aerodynamics of this mammoth into consideration it's still respectable.

I see you are from Ahmedabad as well so I am sure you are very well aware of the peak hour traffic here. Still Thar is my daily ride for work and have clocked around 3500 kms on some of our most busy roads, it gets so much attention and at times you feel like king of the road
VND is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 12:26   #2678
VND
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavityavenger View Post
Wanted to get a pulse from the owners regarding any issues/niggles. I have Petrol Automatic with 3000 kms and I'm facing a couple of issues:

1. TPM constantly malfunctions starting with one tyre and then all 4 subsequently. Initially, it says Signal missing and sometimes says High Pressure. But when I check without error, it shoes 31 psi for all 4 wheels. Mahindra dealership reset them after the 1st service, but the signal missing error keeps returning especially on long drives.

2. I've had the hill descent/traction control lights come on and then go off after restarting. This has happened a couple of times.

Planning on taking it back to service and asking them to replace the TPM sensors on all 4.

Any thoughts?
To your TPMS query - I feel you can try and get all four sensors recalibrated at the dealership.

Also from my personal experience, there is a difference of 1 PSI in TPMS reading to that of the machine at fuel pumps.
Old 10th December 2021, 12:31   #2679
BHPian

My Diesel MT HT has completed 10k & 2nd service. No problems at all and running absolutely flawlessly.

I was contemplating putting a Dieseltronic Piggyback ECU for enhanced power and torque. Has anyone used it ? Seems to be clean plug and play solution. Also at present some discount also going on on the product.
Old 10th December 2021, 13:23   #2680
BHPian

I am absolutely disgusted with the New Thar. Attaching the mail screenshot sent to customer care earlier this morning.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-screenshot-20211210-1.21.27-pm.png

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-screenshot-20211210-1.21.41-pm.png
aamishdhingra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 13:38   #2681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VND View Post
Hi,

I completely agree that mStallion mill is pretty thirsty, but when you take the weight and aerodynamics of this mammoth into consideration it's still respectable.

I see you are from Ahmedabad as well so I am sure you are very well aware of the peak hour traffic here. Still Thar is my daily ride for work and have clocked around 3500 kms on some of our most busy roads, it gets so much attention and at times you feel like king of the road
Thanks, yeah the peak hours here are crazy. In fact traffic in general is getting quite bad. Fully agree, that despite having so many other Thars on the road, heads still turn when you're on the road. Maybe we can plan a local Thar meetup one day.
Old 10th December 2021, 16:23   #2682
BHPian

Shocked to see this:

Something as complicated as Turbo Direct Injection engine being CNG-fied that too in automatic guise.

I think I can die peacefully now .
DriveOnceMore is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 17:53   #2683
VND
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, yeah the peak hours here are crazy. In fact traffic in general is getting quite bad. Fully agree, that despite having so many other Thars on the road, heads still turn when you're on the road. Maybe we can plan a local Thar meetup one day.
A Thar meetup sounds great!
Also, do we have a group of local Thar owners or something? I am not aware of any.
Old 10th December 2021, 18:21   #2684
BHPian

Quote:
Also, do we have a group of local Thar owners or something? I am not aware of any.
We do have one in Delhi!
Old 10th December 2021, 20:29   #2685
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Hi both,

Yes we do have a group for Thar owners in Gujarat and OTRs and meetups are quite regular. PM me or email your contact details to me on abhikabanerjee@gmail.com, will get you added in the group.
abhikb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed