Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2022, 09:54   #2776
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Guys, can someone here post a picture or give me some information about the mounting points of front bumper on the chassis?

I want to know how a custom off-road bumper bolts on to the chassis, where are the nuts and bolts going, their angle etc. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Yes, for Thar 2020. Don't go by my profile picture

Last edited by amol4184 : 11th January 2022 at 10:02. Reason: Clarifying
Old 11th January 2022, 12:59   #2777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headoverheart View Post

I've been pleasantly surprised with the vehicle I must say. About 850kms on day one : Bhubaneswar - Nagpur and 800 odd Nagpur - Mumbai on day 2.
I agree, i have done same day Doon - gurgaon - doon trips (600 kms door to door) thrice. Even with stock suspensions and tyres I have had 0 complaints. 90-110 is the perfect speed and I do use Cruise control quite a bit. Even on highways with a speed limit of 120, the Thar has felt completely composed, with excellent noise insulation.

Even after spending 10+ hours in the Thar, I am fresh enough for another few hours and that's saying a lot .

Last edited by sammyboy : 11th January 2022 at 13:00.
sammyboy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 14:13   #2778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Guys, can someone here post a picture or give me some information about the mounting points of front bumper on the chassis?

I want to know how a custom off-road bumper bolts on to the chassis, where are the nuts and bolts going, their angle etc. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Yes, for Thar 2020. Don't go by my profile picture
Go through this post from the ownership review of BHPian ph03n!x.

Link

Also check this video from Bimbra 4x4 regarding aftermarket bumper installation

Last edited by dr_TJ : 11th January 2022 at 14:14.
dr_TJ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 15:23   #2779
VND
BHPian

An update for fellow owners,

A rattling noise was triggering my OCD from quite sometime and we were not able to locate it, finally managed to find the source today in a very unusual spot.

The headrest of co-driver's seat was rattling on rough road surfaces, it was set to level zero still. Checked a couple of times by removing it / putting pressure on it and voila it was gone. Does anyone else has this issue or is it a design flaw?

P.S. one rattle noise down, 2 more to go
VND is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 15:53   #2780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Also check this video from Bimbra 4x4 regarding aftermarket bumper installation

https://Youtu.be/fDFXtxhCmho
Thanks for this video! I think I have have my answer. Looks like I have a spare bumper that will fit new Thar. Time to list it on classifieds!
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 15:57   #2781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VND View Post
I have a rattling noise from the rear of my car when I drive over rough roads.
I am still not able to locate the source. Its mostly from the area around the rear glass and the tail gate.
What are the other 2 rattling noises you are experiencing?
Old 11th January 2022, 19:54   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
An update for fellow owners,

A rattling noise was triggering my OCD from quite sometime and we were not able to locate it, finally managed to find the source today in a very unusual spot.

The headrest of co-driver's seat was rattling on rough road surfaces, it was set to level zero still. Checked a couple of times by removing it / putting pressure on it and voila it was gone. Does anyone else has this issue or is it a design flaw?

Same issue although in my case it was the right rear passenger headrest. It was extended to the highest most position. Rattled like hell during my Spiti trip. Upon retracting it fully down, it got resolved. But this does seem like a design flaw.
Old 12th January 2022, 10:18   #2783
BHPian

Seems like Mahindra has increased prices across the board. I see Petrol AT ex-showroom prices as 15,33,000 on their site. ALmost 45 K increase..
Old 12th January 2022, 11:04   #2784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
Seems like Mahindra has increased prices across the board. I see Petrol AT ex-showroom prices as 15,33,000 on their site. ALmost 45 K increase..
But there is no Official news around it yet or is there.
Old 12th January 2022, 12:24   #2785
VND
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
I have a rattling noise from the rear of my car when I drive over rough roads.
I am still not able to locate the source. Its mostly from the area around the rear glass and the tail gate.
What are the other 2 rattling noises you are experiencing?
The other one is similar to yours, I have a rattle noise from right side rear at least that's what my guess is.
Second one is on the front but a very very minor one - my guess is in driver side door!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashish_84 View Post
Same issue although in my case it was the right rear passenger headrest. It was extended to the highest most position. Rattled like hell during my Spiti trip. Upon retracting it fully down, it got resolved. But this does seem like a design flaw.
Oh I see, mine is retracted down fully to zero level still it makes noise. Trying to figure some jugaad for it.
Old 12th January 2022, 12:25   #2786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow! Feels like i got a steal when I got mine for 13.55 last year in May!
This seems to be going the Toyota Way! I bet the 5 door Thar won't be anything less than 20L by the time it gets launched!

Update on the Thar: I've gone to larger road biased tires on the Thar. 285 size since I'm not offroading and this is my daily drive. It has become very very comfortable and I'm just loving it!

My extremely low run BFGs are up for sale in the classifieds in case anyone's interested! Members here will get a special TBHP discount as well!

https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...O2-Tires.html/
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 12:40   #2787
BHPian

Quote:
The other one is similar to yours, I have a rattle noise from right side rear at least that's what my guess is.
Second one is on the front but a very very minor one - my guess is in driver side door!
Yes, exactly the same, I think it is from the right rear. I think it is from the area where Rear Glass and Tail gate meets each other. Orelse it might be from the Air Extractor in the tail gate. Do update here if you happen to resolve the rattle from the rear.

As for the driver side noise, try readjusting the door seal rubber on the frame.
Old 12th January 2022, 13:18   #2788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Wow! Feels like i got a steal when I got mine for 13.55 last year in May!
This seems to be going the Toyota Way! I bet the 5 door Thar won't be anything less than 20L by the time it gets launched!

Update on the Thar: I've gone to larger road biased tires on the Thar. 285 size since I'm not offroading and this is my daily drive. It has become very very comfortable and I'm just loving it!
So whats your new set up now? Any pics?
Old 12th January 2022, 13:50   #2789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swunkjyn View Post
But there is no Official news around it yet or is there.
Latest prices on their official site..
Old 12th January 2022, 15:27   #2790
BHPian

Quote:
Latest prices on their official site..
Your quote had me call the Dealership and got the bad news. Petrol LX Manual HT price increased by 40k and even the SA was surprised himself. He said that they were expecting a price hike of not more than 20k to 25k and XUV700 price has been increased by 80000.

To console this small jolt, the SA said - Sir, you are atleast getting a 2022 Model and not 2021 unlike the Diesel guys. There is nothing called as price protection in Mahindra, even though you may have booked it before the price hike happened.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks