Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2021, 19:57   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool_maverik View Post
Hello friends,
I had booked my Thar in Dec and have been informed that it is ready for delivery.
Can somebody explain what is going on and how this is even possible ??

Are all dealers allotted same number of vehicles viz 12/month irrespective of their booking backlog. And those dealers with heavy cancellations will result in faster deliveries with minimum wait times.

In that case some dealers will be at a disadvantage and so will be their customers.
Old 23rd February 2021, 23:29   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Quick question on the live rear view cam. Do you use it as a live rear view or only as a reversing view cam. If the former, does it create any issues in the night when looking at the screen like a mobile, causing irritation to eyes, especially when doing long distances. Also does it help reducing night glare from behind? I am keen to get one as a live rear view replacing the IRVM completely, hence asking.
It can be used as a live rear view cam. The angle and brightness can be adjusted via the IRVM touchscreen. So at night, reduced brightness does not cause any issue. Since its a screen, controlling the brightness reduces the glare, but when the headlights fall on the rear camera, visibility around definitely gets reduced. The last one being the one single con, I would still say that overall, it adds more value than the existing IRVM.
+ A few features like parking mode, G sensor recording trigger etcetra, also help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
What I’m looking for and can’t find anywhere at Bangalore is the one that Bimbra showcased for the seats - Front Arm rests , Rear seat arm rests and cup holders. I found those super useful, but not sure where we can install those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Talk to Taran Bimbra, I'm sure he will have some tie ups with local workshops in South India. That way you'll have a install as per bimbra ensuring peace of mind and also support from Bimbra in case anything goes wrong.
I have been pinging Bimbra for a long time now but they don't respond back! Stuffs could be ordered online but I don't know where to get it installed here
in Kolkata.

I am actually looking for a rooftop cargo box, if possible but I am really unsure how that would be mounted on a fiber hardtop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
Anyone has any idea when will the hardtop convertible be launched?
I hope the old hardtops can be replaced by the convertible ones! Did they confirm arrival of the convertible hardtops?
OneLivingLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 23:36   #1263

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Can somebody explain what is going on and how this is even possible ??

Are all dealers allotted same number of vehicles viz 12/month irrespective of their booking backlog. And those dealers with heavy cancellations will result in faster deliveries with minimum wait times.

In that case some dealers will be at a disadvantage and so will be their customers.
Sorry, I was wrong... booked on 20th Oct.
Old 24th February 2021, 11:20   #1264

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
It is 23rd today, a full 7 days and I haven’t heard a word yet. And my calls and texts remain unanswered. These days, I feel quite ashamed to even follow up and I’m now mentally prepared to allow the dealer to give me a favour with my money, as and when they manage to deliver mine.

Yes, the delivery date will be a huge favour to me. That’s the state of mind now.
This is exactly the state of mind I'm in. I have booked my car from Anant cars, Bangalore on October 10th. I have never received a call from Mahindra or from the sales executives. And my constant follow-ups are being unanswered and I feel like a favor when they pick-up my call.

They have told me that the delivery will be happening in the month of February. And now that I haven't received any calls from Mahindra on the allocation, I met the sales guys and they're confident that the delivery will happen in the first week of March. And I do not believe them.

Quote:
After 4/5 days of excitement, Mahindra and the dealer has managed to again play spoilsport. After telling me that allocation is expected this week, today they said they are expecting allocation in 1st week of March and transit of around 20 days (dealer said this has gotten extended due to covid etc.)
I have been told about the delay in transit as well. The sales executive told me that the ongoing strike is delaying the dispatch and it's taking around two weeks right now. This is my first purchase of a new car and if it is not for the Thar, I would never buy a vehicle from Mahindra. The delays are acceptable but silence is not!!
darwin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 12:04   #1265
Team-BHP Support

Anyone faced this error? 'DEF Dosing malfunction error - E22' and any known resolution? a friend who has one of the first deliveries from BLR is facing this issue.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210223-22.53.53-1.jpeg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210223-22.53.53.jpeg
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 12:19   #1266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Anyone faced this error? 'DEF Dosing malfunction error - E22' and any known resolution? a friend who has one of the first deliveries from BLR is facing this issue.

Attachment 2125280

Attachment 2125281
The manual mentions dosing malfunction error has many stages. Did your friend see the first few stages before current error. The manual says contact dealer to get it fixed. No personal experience hence just shared what I got in the manual.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-screenshot_20210224121451_chrome.jpg
justwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 12:21   #1267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2125280

Attachment 2125281
Either the Adblue (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) is running low or it is a malfunctioning Nox Sensor.
Solution is either a simple DEF top up or a Nox sensor replacement.

Quote:
The manual mentions dosing malfunction error has many stages. Did your friend see the first few stages before current error. The manual says contact dealer to get it fixed. No personal experience hence just shared what I got in the manual.

Attachment 2125284
They say Four stages and there are Five!

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 24th February 2021 at 12:26.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 12:33   #1268
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The manual mentions dosing malfunction error has many stages. D
Happens randomly and this time it is intermittently coming and going off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Either the Adblue (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) is running low
18 liter was found last time in the tank, so it is not low DEF.

Original dealer folks asked if the vehicle had done offroad or water wading and could not really find a solution. Now have referred to Mahindra through another good friend who is in charge of another workshop. Let us see what they respond back with.
Old 24th February 2021, 13:47   #1269
Senior - BHPian

Can be anything, probably electrical. Loose connection, sensor, adblue pump, adblue injector. Sitting remotely my guess is probably wilder than yours.

OT but on a related note, does the Thar come with a manual DPF regeneration button?
If not then it probably should have like their BS6 Bolero pickup. Rural/commercial customers should not be inconvenienced, but a lifestyle vehicle customer should visit the dealer for a manual DPF regen?

Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 15:33   #1270
BHPian

Timely post from Jaggu on DPF issues in Thar as I was about to ask this question to Thar owners. This post from Jaggu seems to be the first mention of DPF issue on the new Thar. But while this one could be part of the initial niggles of owning a Mahindra, but what about the DPF regen needs that all these Thars will have due to being driven in city mostly.

This is the first time majority of Thars will be driven by non offroaders and city dwellers. In a city of Bangalore with chock-a-block traffic, will it make it worse for this DPF regen thing making diesel Thars a liability. I am not sure, as all diesel BS6 cars have DPF and across all manufacturers. So any dpf issues, can they be attributed to manufacturer or dpf tech in general?

When booking my Thar, this was one consideration but owing to low petrol Auto FE, I went for the diesel auto. But the dpf can become a liability if not managed properly. Any thoughts?
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 17:31   #1271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jaggu I was given to understand from an insider in a Bangalore dealership this is one of signals of a "wiring harness issue" - goes away once the "new harness' is put in

Dont know how accurate this is

Best Regards and Drive Safe
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 18:26   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Jaggu I was given to understand from an insider in a Bangalore dealership this is one of signals of a "wiring harness issue" - goes away once the "new harness' is put in
I got my LX CT Diesel on Saturday - after a drive of about 150 kms - the vehicle went into Limp mode

The dealer picked up the vehicle from my house on monday. Error code shown on the diagnostics was related to the injectors -

They have been advised by Mahindra to change the wiring harness. Its not in stock and they will do so once they get it in stock or at first service.
slicvic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 18:44   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
I got my LX CT Diesel on Saturday - after a drive of about 150 kms - the vehicle went into Limp mode

The dealer picked up the vehicle from my house on monday. Error code shown on the diagnostics was related to the injectors -

They have been advised by Mahindra to change the wiring harness. Its not in stock and they will do so once they get it in stock or at first service.
This is very bad. I know Mahindra (& Tatas) are known for user testing post launch but 4 months into production and still this is the output, this is bad. I am actually very worried about my own Thar delivery expected sometime in April. How long can we expect this to go on.

Bigger problem is that one the customer has to go through the ordeal of the niggle and then not have the vehicle at his hand because Mahindra has everything delayed include spare stock.

We have heard everything now, harness issues, sensor issues, hood lock issues, infotainment issues, hard top leaking issues, dpf issues etc.
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 09:07   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Will revisit this thread and Thar in Jan 2022, hope electricals get sorted by then.
Sankar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 09:25   #1275
Distinguished - BHPian

I knew there would be few issues with the initial lot, very common for Mahindra and Tata. It's surprising to see lot of problems and not corrected by Mahindra yet. The official review thread is turning into all the problems associated with the Thar, may be we need a separate thread for it.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 25th February 2021 at 09:27.
Dr.Naren is online now   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks