Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2022, 06:23   #3511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swunkjyn View Post
..... is there any other way like an online portal from Mahindra to check this.
You can check here

https://auto.mahindra.com/service-action
comfortablynumb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 09:37   #3512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Thanks and checked as well.

No, the VIN you entered is not included in the service action.
Thank you for your time and happy motoring.
swunkjyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 19:59   #3513
BHPian

IMPORTANT!!

Many friends called and checked with the SVC, their car didn't show up on the website (VIN Checker) but the SVC confirmed they were part of the recall.
viXit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 01:54   #3514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swunkjyn View Post
Being a Petrol Thar owner (Manual and Hard-Top), driven for almost 14000 kms since its ownership (3rd Feb 2022), I would say that the mileage you are getting is fine.
I am currently in Bangalore and I get between 7.7 to 10.8 and it depends how I drive. If I drive like a grumpy old man, then I get more but its hard to drive because that mstallion tempts you a lot.

The fuel you use has a lot play here too, I prefer either XP95 from Indian Oil or Shell Normal. Personal experience - Shell feels lot smoother and gives more mileage. On Highways, if driven between 70 kmph to 85 kmph, I get a mileage of 13 to 15. I have driven it constantly at 110 to 120 and the mileage dropped to 11 kmpl.

Like everyone else pointed out - Putting foot on Accelerator and Boxy design also account for Mileage.
Just did a mileage check today. Tank to tank method. I am only getting 6.6kmpl and i've been going very easy on the throttle and driving it pretty easy. RPM always around 1500-1700. i expected it to be around 9kmpl ..that i was prepared for but 6.6 seems to be really less. am i doing something wrong while driving? how can it be so low?

Isin't the XP95 much more expensive than normal petrol? the higher octane petrol at HP (i think 99 octane) is about 40Rs more than the normal petrol. that didn't make any sense to me.
Old 25th September 2022, 10:29   #3515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravishankr89 View Post
Just did a mileage check today. Tank to tank method. I am only getting 6.6kmpl and i've been going very easy on the throttle and driving it pretty easy. RPM always around 1500-1700. i expected it to be around 9kmpl ..that i was prepared for but 6.6 seems to be really less. am i doing something wrong while driving? how can it be so low?

Isin't the XP95 much more expensive than normal petrol? the higher octane petrol at HP (i think 99 octane) is about 40Rs more than the normal petrol. that didn't make any sense to me.
6.6 kmpl is a bit low but I have seen on YouTube and our TeamBHP folks stating even 6 kmpl for Petrol Auto. Maybe, cause I am driving a Manual, I am getting more. Then there are two other reasons - Fuel that I use and 1st servicing has been done.
Just to check if everything is okay, how much did you get on a Highway ?

About the Fuel -
Normal Petrol at Indian Oil in Bangalore is 102 Rupees Approx, its 101.8 I guess.
XP95 is 108 Rupees.

Shell Normal is 114 and Shell Premium is either 123 or 124 but Shell is far superior (I hope this is not a Placebo effect). But with Shell, the odo always shows me 8.6 and above. Did a Tank to Tank, and in city traffic I got 450 kms for 48 liters of Petrol (Comes out to be around 9.3 kmpl). This was with the current Bangalore Traffic (its in a Chaos State), with AC running all the time.

Highways - We did a run to Lepakshi Temple from Home (280 kms in total). When did Tank to Tank, Fuel used was either 21 Liters or 22 Liters. City drive was the usual speed and Highways was between 60 kmph to 95kmph.
Now I am not the only driver, my wife also drives this vehicle. Do a Highway run and see how much you get.

Last edited by swunkjyn : 25th September 2022 at 10:31.
swunkjyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 12:29   #3516
BHPian

So, my OBD Check Lamp is ON. As per the manual, its emission system related failure.

What could have gone wrong? I will send the car to service center tomorrow morning. Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20220925_120604_copy_3712x2777.jpg
Old 26th September 2022, 07:45   #3517
BHPian

Is there any structural difference in the bumper of thar 2020 and 2020 other than color change? An underbody guard which the vendor says has fitted over a 100 thars, does not fit my thar 2022. Would anyone be able to tell if the notch on the center underpart shallower than the 2020? Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 14:07   #3518
Senior - BHPian

I seem to be getting some tak Tak tak sound from the left side of the Thar around the glove box area every time I start it. It goes away after a few seconds.
Also happens each time I make changes to the AC settings, whether I change the thermostat or turn the vent from or two recirculation mode. I get to hear it sometimes after I turn the Thar off too.
Sounds like a belt/flap coming loose.
It's a Petrol AT. Anyone has a clue or has faced this?

Last edited by sammyboy : 26th September 2022 at 14:09.
Old 26th September 2022, 20:37   #3519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream11 View Post
Last evening I realized that the driver side floor was heating up - I was wearing a fair of floaters and I could really feel the heat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phkr19 View Post
Took the vehicle out for a quick run around the city (30kms), once back and parked observed that the floor of the driver side foot well was hot. Is this heat expected?
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpython9 View Post
Has anyone had the Thar floor heating up too much? My feet felt so warm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhav-Van View Post
I was shocked to find the floor blazing hot. Asked the sales advisor about it and he casually brushed it off saying 'gaadi running mein hai na'. I've never experienced such heat even after continuously running a car for 15 hours, but such heat from the Thar was really abnormal.
Experienced floor heating up on driver's side. It was more than warm and this was with flip-flops. This is the first time I'm experiencing this in 5300 kms. Any update guys? If yes, what exactly was the problem pointed out and what is the solution?
Old 26th September 2022, 20:50   #3520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
So, my OBD Check Lamp is ON. As per the manual, its emission system related failure.

What could have gone wrong? I will send the car to service center tomorrow morning. Attachment 2361497
Update on the OBD Check Lamp.

Sent the car to the service center today.
OBD scan was done. SA told there is some issue with the DEF pump and sprayer, needs replacement. And as expected, part not available and new order was placed.

Was advised to take the car home and not to drive it till replacement part arrives.

No loaner car available at present so my commuting is turning out to be a headache now.

Although, I didn't experience any loss or drop in power, No limp home mode and also no DPF related telltale light came ON or blinked.
dr_TJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 08:55   #3521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Experienced floor heating up on driver's side. It was more than warm and this was with flip-flops. This is the first time I'm experiencing this in 5300 kms. Any update guys? If yes, what exactly was the problem pointed out and what is the solution?
I was told that the cat-con is placed somewhere under the driver's side footboard. And there is no heat insulation. Moreover, this occurrence is very random in my experience and not at all consistent.

Also note if you are getting a sweet smelling exhaust smoke.
Old 27th September 2022, 09:04   #3522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream11 View Post
I was told that the cat-con is placed somewhere under the driver's side footboard. And there is no heat insulation. Moreover, this occurrence is very random in my experience and not at all consistent.

Also note if you are getting a sweet smelling exhaust smoke.
This occurs when you increase the temperature in the AC (turn the dial clockwise, towards red) - do you remember if this was the case when you experienced the warmth in the tunnel?

I have not gotten a solution though
Old 27th September 2022, 09:12   #3523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
This occurs when you increase the temperature in the AC (turn the dial clockwise, towards red) - do you remember if this was the case when you experienced the warmth in the tunnel?

I have not gotten a solution though
No Phoenix. I rarely have the aircon on - I have my window rolled half way down. I don't think its linked to the AC, not at least in my case.
Slipstream11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 14:03   #3524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Update on the OBD Check Lamp.

Sent the car to the service center today.
OBD scan was done. SA told there is some issue with the DEF pump and sprayer, needs replacement. And as expected, part not available and new order was placed.
Sorry to hear about your ordeal, unfortunately this is a major issue with all BS6 diesel vehicles even Toyota.

ARAI should take a technical call on this together with the industry and either come up with a solution that works for BS6 Diesel vehicles or get these vehicles off the road and refund the hard-earned money of all individuals. There is no point in producing vehicles which are prone to recurring breakdown or failure.
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 14:43   #3525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Sorry to hear about your ordeal, unfortunately this is a major issue with all BS6 diesel vehicles even Toyota.

ARAI should take a technical call on this together with the industry and either come up with a solution that works for BS6 Diesel vehicles or get these vehicles off the road and refund the hard-earned money of all individuals. There is no point in producing vehicles which are prone to recurring breakdown or failure.
Yes, BS6 Diesel cars are turning out to be a nuisance. No DPF clogging related issue though.

I got a update from the Technical team of Mahindra.
They said, they diagnosed the problem to be a faulty DEF Tank sensor. And since the sensor is inbuilt in the tank, so whole DPF tank needs to be replaced.
dr_TJ is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks