Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2020, 17:02   #241
BHPian

re: Nissan Magnite Review

Here is a price comparison of Magnite with its rivals. Starting price of Magnite is cheaper by more than Rs 1.2 lakhs, than the next most affordable rival Sonet and as we go towards top end fully loaded trim, the difference broadens.

Nissan Magnite Review-nissanmagnitepricesvsrivals.jpg

I seriously want Magnite to turn the fortune for Nissan in India. Nissan has good international presence than the Korean siblings. They has the reputation as rugged SUV maker. Success of Magnite might propel Nissan to bring some SUVs from their international portfolio to India like Rogue, Juke, Qashqai to heat up the competition in the 15-25 lakh price bracket.
Deadpool is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 17:15   #242
Senior - BHPian

The pricing is insane! I really wish Nissan gets their much needed 'second wind'! I love competition and I want more manufacturers to participate in our market! This will keep manufacturers like Hyundai and Kia from milking their customers like there's no tomorrow!

Will I buy this car? Tough question, I'm willing to overlook everything except safety if I really want a hatchback on steroids!
Turbohead is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 19:59   #243
BHPian

Having owned Nissan Terrano for 4+ years, I am really happy to see Nissan is trying hard atleast now to penetrate Indian market and with the guns blazing this time

With Magnite, looks like Nissan is offering what Indian customer wants, it's quite a looker too. All Nissan vehicles have a distinct look and stand out in crowd (I didn't like Sunny much though). I haven't seen a Nissan vehicle thread growing to 17 pages in such a short time, this is positive and definitely it has created some curiosity. Whether people will buy or not, atleast showrooms will see people.

Magnite is the best looking CSUV in the segment (in pictures), hope I won't be disappointed when I see in flesh. I really want Nissan to succeed in India with the only expectation that they may bring their global line up here, which would be a feast for enthusiasts. Best wishes Nissan !!
hummer is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 22:00   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Here is a price comparison of Magnite with its rivals.
Making a graphical representation

Nissan Magnite Review-price.jpg
Mr.Boss is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 23:04   #245
BHPian

One of the best variant explanation video here. It also shows the additional features in cvt variants.

Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-7c4b48b0156a40bc9dd7a8f06da7c82f.png  

Nissan Magnite Review-18ff3e2294ce420489c5fa1d69a663fe.png  

Nissan Magnite Review-55a4f149dc794f26b4a5363abf6985ec.png  

Nissan Magnite Review-1aa1da2455a94d93953c543554680c3d.png  

Nissan Magnite Review-970709585467456989719f12addb7dac.png  

Nissan Magnite Review-b194af11c6564e1eab4628fcb094be9e.png  

Nissan Magnite Review-e0ec04bb1c1640ddb08ae9c6ea4ef351.png  

Last edited by Godzilla : 9th November 2020 at 23:17.
Godzilla is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 10:49   #246
BHPian

Nissan Magnite Review-img20201110wa0003.jpg

On-road pricing at Kochi, shared by the dealer.
starke is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 10:54   #247
BHPian

Well, my friend has been pondering to buy a CSuV , Sonet mostly and visited the showroom about 3 to 4 times and even I accompanied him.
And every time we ask for a test drive, we are told that either the car is not available/we will be contacted and despite the several visits, they never cared to follow up a prospective customer- seems like they are going the arrogant path of Honda where the customer is no more important.

And now with the arrival of Magnite with such a juicy price, good safety and killer looks, I pushed him towards the Japanese and only if they had a tractable diesel, they would have got a customer. Still, if the driveability of the 1.0 L Turbo is satisfactory, Magnite will mostly be the choice.

Hoping the Nissan could gain some inroads into the Indian market and get its other superb vehicles from its stable.

Kudos to Nissan and wish they would not mess up with their paltry marketing.

Last edited by poised2drive : 10th November 2020 at 10:55.
poised2drive is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 11:09   #248
BHPian

This is quite curious!

Nissan Magnite Review-magnite_physical_dimensions.png

- Magnite has one of the highest ground clearance but is the shortest of the lot. So the body-shell height is quite low.

- Width is also the narrowest of the lot, barring WR-V.

But initial previews all praised the space inside - shoulder room, head room. Intriguing indeed! How did they pull off the space with such a narrow and short body-shell? I guess we would have to wait for the actual reviews and our own in-house review most of all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
One of the best variant explanation video here. It also shows the additional features in cvt variants.

https://Youtu.be/DZ5SrLMLT2U
cuboid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 11:46   #249
BHPian

Excellent move. This so called premium feature is available from XE Base model itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-1aa1da2455a94d93953c543554680c3d.jpg  

arin_12 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 12:12   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
This is quite curious!

- Magnite has one of the highest ground clearance but is the shortest of the lot. So the body-shell height is quite low.
How did they pull off the space with such a narrow and short body-shell?
My gut feel is tghe difference in height may be due to the inclusion or exclusion of the roof rails in height measurement. Hyundai and Kia always include them in the height measurement. I am not sure if Nissan does. The Magnite has a functional roof rail in every variant and this can contribute to 30-40 mm of additional height. If Nissan has excluded the roof rail in height measurement, once it is included, the height will be more or less on par with the rest of the pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
Note: Turbo Only = Turbo engine with MT and CVT.
In simple, the NA version dont get these.
Good catch.

However, I would like to reserve conclusion for a bit longer. These features (VDC, HSA, TCS etc.) are generally and easily implemented using the transmission technology. Although they can be implemented without an AT, it would be harder for Nissan to implement them on both types of transmission (MT Turbo and CVT Turbo). So, I am skeptical if what is printed on the brochure is actually true and would like to see the expert reviews to confirm these safety features are available on both MT and CVT. It could very easily be a brochure printing mistake - such mistakes are very common these days, especially with early pre-launch brochures.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 10th November 2020 at 12:17.
84.monsoon is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 12:23   #251
Senior - BHPian

Magnite XV Turbo CVT ~ 10-10.5 Lakhs OTR
Rapid Rider Plus AT ~ 10.5 Lakhs OTR (if we can get some discount)

Person who does not have a preference for cross over/sedan body style, which one make sense?
Old 10th November 2020, 12:32   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Magnite XV Turbo CVT ~ 10-10.5 Lakhs OTR
Rapid Rider Plus AT ~ 10.5 Lakhs OTR (if we can get some discount)

Person who does not have a preference for cross over/sedan body style, which one make sense?
I would suggest you to test drive both and buy the one which makes you smile more.
Godzilla is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 13:05   #253
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Avventura had a ground clearance of 205mm despite being a hatchback practically speaking. So its not a big deal to have a lower overall body height and higher ground clearance. From the feature/price set- it looks like Nissan is actually competing with Tata, Honda, Ford and Maruti, not so much with Venue/Sonet/XUV300, and wisely so.
On the safety front, it appears that none of the variants have more than 2 airbags. Thats a pity.
Old 10th November 2020, 13:09   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
On the safety front, it appears that none of the variants have more than 2 airbags. Thats a pity.
It is not a pity, no other car in Indian market apart from Ford freestyle under 10 Lakhs offer more than 2 air bags. On the plus side Magnite is one of the few cars which offer ESP, TC and Hill hold at this price. Please check previous pages we have discussed this.
Godzilla is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 13:20   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
How did they pull off the space with such a narrow and short body-shell? I guess we would have to wait for the actual reviews and our own in-house review most of all!
Probably took a leaf out of Honda’s ‘Man maximum,machine minimum’ ideology. Look at WRV/Jazz for example. They have narrow body compared to all rivals but highest space inside.

Kudos to Nissan for providing essential features like rear wash/wipe from lower models itself. Its a very basic (but essential) feature which old cars(from early 2000) used to have in every variant but somehow Hyundai and likes have made it premium by offering it only in top variants. What’s worse is u can’t really fit it aftermarket like a touchscreen audio or alloy wheels

Last edited by SoumenD : 10th November 2020 at 13:22.
SoumenD is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks