Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 10th November 2020, 13:20   #256
BHPian

Default re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
How did they pull off the space with such a narrow and short body-shell? I guess we would have to wait for the actual reviews and our own in-house review most of all!
Probably took a leaf out of Honda’s ‘Man maximum,machine minimum’ ideology. Look at WRV/Jazz for example. They have narrow body compared to all rivals but highest space inside.

Kudos to Nissan for providing essential features like rear wash/wipe from lower models itself. Its a very basic (but essential) feature which old cars(from early 2000) used to have in every variant but somehow Hyundai and likes have made it premium by offering it only in top variants. What’s worse is u can’t really fit it aftermarket like a touchscreen audio or alloy wheels

Last edited by SoumenD : 10th November 2020 at 13:22.
SoumenD is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 13:46   #257
BHPian

Squeezing out maximum space inside is an engineering art. The Triber and the Honda WRV come to mind straightaway, just to name a couple.

Nissan seems to have the knack/art of getting this right with the likes of the Sunny and the Terrano. The Terrano, which is very much a compact SUV, actually feels like a Fortuner when seated inside!. Just feels like you are driving a HUGE car. Only when a Fortuner or an Endeavour actually lines up next to you at a signal, when you realise how you have had a 'fundo' feeling until then .

Looking forward to some real life experiences on the Magnite.
Nalin1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 14:25   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
This is quite curious!

- Magnite has one of the highest ground clearance but is the shortest of the lot. So the body-shell height is quite low.

- Width is also the narrowest of the lot, barring WR-V.
Looking at some pictures now i also have a feeling that it might end up looking like Hyundai i20 active rather than a C-SUV. Also i looked up for i20 active's dimensions and both are almost similar.
ATRONIX is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 17:33   #259
BHPian

Booked a XV Premium CVT today. No discounts, no exchange bonus. Was able to get logistics / handling charges waived. RTO registration charges INR 3000. No freebies.

Dealer Neo Nissan Noida. If others are booking pls share the deal here so we can track discounts / freebies and haggle.
akg7091 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 18:06   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Booked a XV Premium CVT today. No discounts, no exchange bonus. Was able to get logistics / handling charges waived. RTO registration charges INR 3000. No freebies.

Dealer Neo Nissan Noida. If others are booking pls share the deal here so we can track discounts / freebies and haggle.
Wow. When are they expecting cars at showrooms for display and test drive? Did they give any estimate for delivery? Did they also confirm the leaked prices?
Old 10th November 2020, 18:28   #261
BHPian

Quote:

Even though the car is not available, they are already offering discounts?
Do you mean that they are offering INR 3000 off on RTO charges?
Actually I also want to book and hence in discussion with YouWe Nissan Okhla. Please help.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 19:31   #262
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Quote:

Congratulations! Probably you are the first confirmed member here to book a magnite! XVP CVT - the top variant is wise choice considering long ownership period. Did you choose tech pack? Ext. Warranty? Nissan care package (prepaid-service)?
Btw, what color did you chose?

Last edited by jeganatu : 10th November 2020 at 19:41.
jeganatu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 19:43   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Booked a XV Premium CVT today. No discounts, no exchange bonus. Was able to get logistics / handling charges waived. RTO registration charges INR 3000.
Congratulations buddy! Do post some images if you get to see the car or a test drive.
ATRONIX is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 21:09   #264
BHPian

Quote:

Wow, congrats I could easily understand how vfm proposition it creates.

Im waiting for the car to hit showroom and place a booking for the Turbo XV with an exchange to my Chevy Aveo UVA.
starke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 21:43   #265
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starke View Post
Wow, congrats I could easily understand how vfm proposition it creates.

Im waiting for the car to hit showroom and place a booking for the Turbo XV with an exchange to my Chevy Aveo UVA.
Lateral upgrade!
The magic upgrade /exchange mantra of Team bhp will now be done not with old higher segment cars, but with brand new VFM car like the Magnite.

Even now, I am being influenced by Magnite for lateral upgrade with my 10 year old beat. For past few days I am getting sleepless nights thinking of such upgrade .

The price, features combined with safety is making many to have a strong desire to own one!

Last edited by jeganatu : 10th November 2020 at 21:45.
jeganatu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 21:50   #266

An article by Rushlane comparing Magnite with similarly priced rivals:

Source and credits to Rushlane article: https://bit.ly/38AboOd

Name:  M1.jpg
Views: 3231
Size:  44.1 KB

Nissan Magnite Petrol NA MT vs Rivals:

Name:  M2.jpg
Views: 3245
Size:  58.1 KB

Name:  M3.jpg
Views: 3233
Size:  58.1 KB

Name:  M4.jpg
Views: 3221
Size:  56.6 KB

Nissan Magnite Petrol Turbo MT vs Rivals:

Name:  M5.jpg
Views: 3204
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  M6.jpg
Views: 3194
Size:  54.3 KB

Name:  M7.jpg
Views: 3203
Size:  54.8 KB

Nissan Magnite Petrol Turbo CVT vs Rivals:

Name:  M8.jpg
Views: 3193
Size:  54.0 KB

Name:  M9.jpg
Views: 3193
Size:  56.2 KB

Name:  M10.jpg
Views: 3179
Size:  53.4 KB

Fuel Efficiency and space Comparison:

Name:  M11.jpg
Views: 3162
Size:  42.4 KB

Name:  M12.jpg
Views: 3159
Size:  42.4 KB

Name:  M13.jpg
Views: 3160
Size:  42.7 KB
Beelzebub is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 23:38   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Even though the car is not available, they are already offering discounts?
Do you mean that they are offering INR 3000 off on RTO charges?
Actually I also want to book and hence in discussion with YouWe Nissan Okhla. Please help.
This is INR 3000 COMMISSION / bribe / agent charges to get the car registration done at the RTO. They were adamant that this needs to be paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
Congratulations! Probably you are the first confirmed member here to book a magnite! XVP CVT - the top variant is wise choice considering long ownership period. Did you choose tech pack? Ext. Warranty? Nissan care package (prepaid-service)?
Btw, what color did you chose?
They had no clue about any of these additional items except the tech pack which is gonna cost ~20k. The additional details will be shared ~25th Nov. They are getting the display car on 15th and then 2 days later they will show it to the customers. Test drives from ~25th Nov. I am yet to decide on the color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Congratulations buddy! Do post some images if you get to see the car or a test drive.
Sure !

Last edited by akg7091 : 10th November 2020 at 23:40.
akg7091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 00:52   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
Lateral upgrade!
The magic upgrade /exchange mantra of Team bhp will now be done not with old higher segment cars, but with brand new VFM car like the Magnite.

Even now, I am being influenced by Magnite for lateral upgrade with my 10 year old beat. For past few days I am getting sleepless nights thinking of such upgrade .

The price, features combined with safety is making many to have a strong desire to own one!
Exactly, I was out looking for a pre-owned Kicks/Duster, but all where above my budget and I was about to finalize a Terrano and this happened

Still its out of my budget, but i could easily squeeze some money out of the 2008 UVA which none is ready to take it even for free

So i could easily swap and get a XV turbo, only thing i will miss is the rear ac vents (hope there will be some diy )

Last edited by starke : 11th November 2020 at 00:54.
starke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 06:26   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
It is not a pity, no other car in Indian market apart from Ford freestyle under 10 Lakhs offer more than 2 air bags. On the plus side Magnite is one of the few cars which offer ESP, TC and Hill hold at this price. Please check previous pages we have discussed this.
Actually there is one other - Triber top end offers 4 airbags.
wilful is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 07:10   #270
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This is the Do or Die situation for Nissan India. Hope this one will bring respectable sales and Nissan will be encouraged to bring some international products like Murano, Qashqai and Rogue to Indian market.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th November 2020 at 16:13. Reason: Please type out words fully, avoid using SMS language.
Bhalla is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction

Most Viewed