Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2020, 14:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Nissan Magnite Review

Looks good and all that but Aditya's comment on the sheet metal is not very confidence inspiring. And only 2 airbags all the way? Even the Triber get 4 on the top variant.
Pricing remains crucial.
Old 21st October 2020, 14:34   #17
BHPian

Autocar suggests a 7.5 lakh pricing for the range topping CVT+ Turbo variant. That is even cheaper than most manual premium hatchbacks in the market!
ATRONIX is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 14:37   #18
BHPian

The cost cutting in build quality and restricting the no. of airbags to 2 may indicate towards a very aggressive price at launch. Looks is definitely a big positive. Has the presence of an SUV, at least in the pictures.
octane_100 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 14:54   #19
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
Big Misses are -

1. Sun-roof
This is surprising. I'm guessing this should be up against the Nexon which has started offering sunroof in XM variant.

Autocar mentions Magnite will undercut all CSUV's on price so that could be why no Sunroof.
Quote:
Disruptive pricing will be one of the weapons in Nissan’s arsenal to help establish the Magnite. Buzz is that the Magnite range will start at Rs 5.3 lakh (estimated, ex-showroom), while fully loaded Turbo CVT versions will top off at Rs 7.5 lakh, effectively undercutting all present compact SUVs on sale.
Source: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-detail-418962
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 15:09   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote from marketing material - "The all-new Nissan Magnite is a testimony to Nissan’s global SUV DNA of relentless innovation, advanced technology, and Japanese engineering. It features latest technology as a part of Nissan Intelligent Mobility (NIM), the company’s vision as to how vehicles are powered, driven, and integrated into society. Designed in Japan, keeping in mind the requirements and aspirations of the Indian customers, the all-new Nissan Magnite comes with numerous first-in-class and best-in-segment features that provides consumers with a differentiated, innovative, and accessible ownership experience."

If Sonet \ Venue \ Nexon \ Brezza is the target - I do not think this english alone is going to do it.

The massive plastic wheel arch caught my eye, I hope there is some metal behind it and not just plastic.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 15:11   #21
BHPian

A very healthy package overall.
If it actually does undercut all subcompact crossovers on price, then I don't think people will mind the average build quality and no sunroof.
Good effort by Nissan India and I really hope this does well.
Old 21st October 2020, 15:21   #22
BHPian

The interiors look and feel Maruti grade, for the tentative price and no Diesel, this will fall in the budget CSUV category.

Let it do well for Nissan's survival.
Vinod_nair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 15:21   #23
BHPian

Looks very good in pictures. The size is also comparable to, say a Venue.

Very good features list like wireless car play and cruise control and CVT transmission. Now what they need to do is, learn something from Kia, price it well( expected R.5.5 to 8 lacs) and they will be able to atleast flock some people to their otherwise empty dead showrooms. There are few misses here and there, sunroof, 6 airbags and the ugly pull/push door knobs are eye sores. IMHO they look really ugly and shouldn't be given in this age of cars.

One more questionable aspect of the Magnite would be the safety area. There are good electronic assist feature but the seemingly light build and lack of 6 airbags for the top variant might affect some. But alas, there are very few people who consider safety as their priority while buying a car.

Also, a very heartfelt thanks to our mods for presenting us the detailed first impressions and look.

Last edited by chiefpk : 21st October 2020 at 15:22.
chiefpk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 15:26   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
What's an L mode? Is it low ratio?
Lowest gear. Was there in AT cars like Brio and Amaze (many more too) . P R N D D3 D2 L.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 15:27   #25
BHPian

Keeping aside the fact the it is a genuinely good looking car, the main thing that attracts me to it is that it is the first car Nissan is introducing under the guidance of Mr Rakesh Srivastava , who is considered a rock-star in the car industry. With all the things happening in Datsun/Nissan, he has his work cut out. Hope he succeeds once more!
RaghuVis is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 15:29   #26
AYP
Senior - BHPian

If this product is indeed going to be launched in the 5L-7.5L price band, they have hit the bullseye with enough of the blingy features while keeping the price similar to some of the B-2(and the B-1) segment hatches. Full LED lighting at the front, wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay, 360 degree camera etc. are great features to have at this price point.

I think that this is the 1st truly multi-function steering in a mass market Nissan/Renault/Datsun unlike the others before, where you only had a few not so usable buttons on the steering, with the main controls being present on an ugly looking steering mounted stalk.

The interiors while good aren't as flashy as the exteriors, but there is little to complain once you compare its interiors to the other B-2 segment hatches.

I hope that Nissan succeeds with this sincere attempt of theirs.

Last edited by AYP : 21st October 2020 at 15:42.
Old 21st October 2020, 15:38   #27
BHPian

Nissan Magnite Review-29.jpg

Are those really LED tail lights? Looks like a halogen setup.
Old 21st October 2020, 15:39   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
Attachment 2070522

Are those really LED tail lights? Looks like a halogen setup.
I have heard that it doesn't use LED lights for the rear.
Old 21st October 2020, 15:42   #29
BHPian

I have never been impressed by a Nissan/Renault car in India before but this seems like a great proposition for our market. 1 liter turbo with CVT pricing is what I’m looking forward to. If they undercut the Koreans they are back in the game.

Also I saw a video review, Android Auto and Apple Car Play is wireless! Sweet!!

Last edited by yogiii : 21st October 2020 at 15:43. Reason: Spelling
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 15:47   #30
BHPian

Correcting myself. The biggest misses, in my preference order, are -

1. No option of 4 or 6 airbags
2. No manual mode in CVT
3. Sunroof

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post

Big Misses are -

1. Sun-roof
2. No manual mode in CVT

That being said, this is still a very pleasant package. Looks, features, comfort already are ticked off. Safety is so-so on paper - need to see real world experience along with the drive experience. I sincerely hope this revives Nissan in india. If the forecast price range is indeed true, with the package on offer, I think this would work.

Last edited by cuboid : 21st October 2020 at 15:51.
cuboid is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed