Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2020, 12:51   #601
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Fantastic pricing by Nissan! It really has people thinking about how can a car with all the features be available at such a price point when the rivals in the market are literally charging a lot lot more!

Since Magnite will be launched as Kigar by Renault in a slightly different looks and considering the fact that renault brand has better recollection and bigger service network, i feel we will see a lot many of them on Indian roads especially if Renault also manages to price Kigar near about Magnite price!

But i sincerely hope Nissan see's a good number of Magnite sales in the coming years
Old 3rd December 2020, 12:55   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpthy View Post
Fantastic pricing for what appears to be a decent product. I want a test drive but there is no dealer or service centre in Mumbai. This just killed my enthusiasm for the Magnite.

Folks from Mumbai: Apart from travelling to Nerul, is there any other way to get a test drive or take the car for service?
This is exactly why I posted this-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4944571 (Nissan Magnite Review)

Quote:
Still, if interested people do not find a dealer around, just go to their website and book a test drive from there after filling in the details. They respond quickly and route the request appropriately.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 12:59   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpthy View Post
Fantastic pricing for what appears to be a decent product. I want a test drive but there is no dealer or service centre in Mumbai. This just killed my enthusiasm for the Magnite.

Folks from Mumbai: Apart from travelling to Nerul, is there any other way to get a test drive or take the car for service?
Nissan has started bike based doorstep service which would be convenient for customers until new Nissan dealerships/service centres become functional.

Read on -

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/nissan-...-12384824.html

Last edited by ATRONIX : 3rd December 2020 at 13:02.
ATRONIX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 13:00   #604
BHPian

In Bihar, Nissan now only have 1 showroom and that too not in Patna but in Muzzafarpur. The Patna showroom owned by a political family is now defunct, even they with all their money and might could not save it (the family had 3 M.L.A's, this time just one). How will a willing buyer buy their product if there is no one to sell? They have 3 in Jharkhand, 5 in W.Bengal and a disproportionate 9 showrooms in Assam.

People have moved over from Nissan. I think even Nissan is not serious about their prospects here. It will take at the very least 5 years with solid service and regular product updates for general populace to believe that this company is really serious about their business in India. Nissan had their time few years back when Terrano was selling in good numbers but they squandered it. Same thing happened during Kwid, they failed to seize the moment. The management is clueless and it is not Indian management but the foreign ones who are too apathetic, happy and satisfied with North american sales numbers.

Not a big fan of 1 litre NA puny engine but for the sake of competition and to shake the mighties to keep them up on their toes, I have nothing but good wishes for Nissan.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-20201203_125115.jpg  

Sran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 13:02   #605
BHPian

Totally OT but the grammar nazi is restless.
Why is charismatic spelt as carismatic everywhere. I initially assumed it was a word play on car is matic. But I doubt it seeing the usage.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 13:07   #606
Senior - BHPian

Pardon me in case this has been discussed in earlier pages. What with no sliding/reclining front seats in first two variants?
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-screenshot_20201203130700_whatsapp.jpg  

Old 3rd December 2020, 13:11   #607
BHPian

Magnite has stirred a bunch of segments with its design and pricing. With such a positive vibe does it has the strength to get ICOTY award for the year? We have the mighty City, THAR and the Sonet in the race
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 13:21   #608
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Pardon me in case this has been discussed in earlier pages. What with no sliding/reclining front seats in first two variants?
The version of the Brochure where this seems to have been taken is incorrect. below is the correct version snapshot. All variants have front Slide and recline seats as mentioned below. Only the seat height adjust feature is only on the higher XV and XV premium variants, which is fair.
Honestly a car without sliding and reclining front seats would be impossible to drive and would draw tons of flak !

Nissan Magnite Review-magnite-seats.png
Behemoth is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 14:01   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Here's a walkaround of the NA engine base XE trim

https://Youtu.be/kSFBfUpR7xk
Am I the only one who thinks that the base beige interior tone looks far premium than the all-black?

At least they could offer the same textures in beige tone in higher variants?
starke is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 14:31   #610
Senior - BHPian

The Magnite is definitely a paisa vasool product. You actually get a lot for a very good price. The only downside for me is the 1 liter engine. Maybe that too could change post test drives and actual world performances. Otherwise everything is there :

360 degree camera
android auto / apple car play
touch screen ICE
CVT (Yeah ! that smooth transmission)
Hill hold start and similar driving aids.

If a less profitable brand like Nissan in India can offer us such a product, I wonder how much the other brands are fleecing us and yet provide incomplete cars in terms of safety and missing features.
Old 3rd December 2020, 14:32   #611
BHPian

As I was expecting, Nissan India had priced the Magnite very well. It certainly undercuts the competition by a good margin. I truly hope this would work well for Nissan India. It is pretty much the most VFM Compact SUV in India for sure, with some obvious downsides which I still think can neglect for what it offers.

Now, they really need to work well on their dealer network and after-sales. If Nissan can pull a 4STAR NCAP rating then, all the other compact SUVs will start getting strong competition from the Magnite. And I hope, eventually they will also be forced to reduce the prices of those CSUVs.

Long live competition
Old 3rd December 2020, 15:10   #612
BHPian

Brilliant product (based on what we have seen so far), looks stunning and priced exceptionally well.

This is like all the Tata launches in the past couple of years, only fly in the ointment here could be the dealer network and the quality of service provided in the sales experience which apparently is not top notch - have not experienced it myself so can't comment.

I feel Nissan should deploy some of its global profits into the dealer network and create a CoCo type Nissan owned direct dealership network, place it strategically in key cities and towns around the country.

These 2 could jointly revive the moribund Nissan brand, and once the numbers flow, more dealers will join.

Without this, I don't see dealers willing to invest in a Nissan franchise at this moment.
Old 3rd December 2020, 15:29   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
In Bihar, Nissan now only have 1 showroom and that too not in Patna but in Muzzafarpur. The Patna showroom owned by a political family is now defunct, even they with all their money and might could not save it (the family had 3 M.L.A's, this time just one). How will a willing buyer buy their product if there is no one to sell? They have 3 in Jharkhand, 5 in W.Bengal and a disproportionate 9 showrooms in Assam.
Wow that's really bad, service must be painful to plan and carry out. Hope the mobile service thing works out for Nissan and they get more success with Magnite.

Quote:
People have moved over from Nissan. I think even Nissan is not serious about their prospects here. It will take at the very least 5 years with solid service and regular product updates for general populace to believe that this company is really serious about their business in India. Nissan had their time few years back when Terrano was selling in good numbers but they squandered it. Same thing happened during Kwid, they failed to seize the moment. The management is clueless and it is not Indian management but the foreign ones who are too apathetic, happy and satisfied with North american sales numbers.
Given they did good (relatively) in North America in 2019, I understand their point of view. Although we are a big market, we are not willing to look beyond usual suspects. It took us years to accept Hyundai which is beneficial for Kia now in 2020. But for other big international players like Nissan, Ford or even VW, the incentives are really low for India. We expect cheap cars with all possible features and a stellar economy.We won't car about safe or cars with solid engineering but need just bling.

As a car manufacturer, you will need to make big investments to create a India specific car but since the sales are so low, noone wants to put too much money into it. It's a vicious circle for them and we are stuck with Maruti for ages.
turbowhistle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 15:33   #614
Senior - BHPian

It's not about pricing, but more of 'positioning'. The message is imprinted in the consumers mind that it's a '5 lakh rupee car'. This will urge people to try the product in the showroom. If ever produced (and sold), they could be making losses on this variant. But the 'war call' has been sent out, and delivered strong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I'm not yet convinced that this pricing will make the Magnite a winner Nissan wants it to be
Sebring is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 15:44   #615
BANNED

I wonder how the market will react if the Magnite scores 3 stars or lesser in NCAP or similar tests.

Seltos got 3. Not sure if it will impact the sales as the feature list is too extensive.

Many 0 stars cars are best sellers for many years.

If the Magnite scores 5 stars, then things will be interesting.
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed