Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2020, 16:05   #616
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

I finally booked the XV Premium(O) CVT variant today in Faridabad with YouWe Nissan. The booking is fully refundable. The test drive will start tentatively on Dec 15. Based on my experience with the drive, I will take a decision.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 16:06   #617
Distinguished - BHPian

I see a massive potential in the rental car market for the mid turbo variants. With the generous seating space and boot capacity, as well as fuel efficient and fun to drive engine, it would be a good pick for self-drive rentals IMO. As things open up post COVID and "revenge travel" takes off, there is bound to be a good demand for such rentals.

Similarly the base model has good potential in the taxi segment.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 16:20   #618
BHPian

Nissan is pushing the "value" bracket to unimaginable levels. A Wagon R costs like 6 lakh in Bangalore and Nissan is selling an SUV which is far more spacious apparently, in the same range now. Base Turbo for 8.5 on road Bangalore - you don't even get an i20 in this range.

The comparisons that this pricing will bring is endless and if this doesn't make competition sweat, I don't know what will.
Arjun Bharadwaj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 17:12   #619
BHPian

Few things that come to mind:
  • Nissan has tried & it shows. Disruptive pricing especially for the NA petrol version.
  • Good spread of features even in the base variants. People won't feel shortchanged.
  • Aspiring entry level hatchback customers can now own a bigger & spacious car.
  • CVT is clearly it's strongest selling point. This car is an easy choice for automatic users.
  • For the sake of the Magnite I hope it obtains 4 stars in the G-NCAP crash tests. This would make this a hot seller.
  • Many states have just the 1Sales & service center. This needs to change asap if Nissan wants to benefit.
  • It will be very interesting to see if the Magnite can eat into the Nexon sales.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-screenshot_20201203153955_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by John316_WRC : 3rd December 2020 at 17:21.
John316_WRC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 18:18   #620
BHPian

Magnite XL Turbo can't be compared with the Nexon XE as the latter is bare bones. It could be compared with the Nexon XM variant though which comes similarly specced as the Magnite XL Turbo.
ATRONIX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 18:33   #621
Senior - BHPian

Offering a CVT at this price point is a master stroke. This will eventually force everyone to offer proper automatics lower down the order instead of the unreliable AMTs. Hope market rewards Nissan with good sales.They seem to have put some heart into this one.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 18:57   #622
Senior - BHPian

my mind is somewhat conflicted on Nissan CVT vs an AMT. Knowing the CVT issues, Lawsuits and recalls with Smaller Nissan SUV's in the US (Rogue etc) - Doesn't look very confidence inspiring to me.

More details here http://www.nissancvtfail.com/

Last edited by greenhorn : 3rd December 2020 at 18:58.
Old 3rd December 2020, 19:29   #623
BHPian

Booked XV Premium 1.0 Manual in White today from You We Nissan Delhi. Test drive vehicle would come by 12th hopefully. So will decide post test drive.

Apparently there are two white colors one as single tone and other under dual tone. Let's see which one looks better.

2nd option we are looking is HTX iMT Sonet
Puneet0051 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 19:41   #624
BHPian

Kudos to Nissan for their sincere effort.

All of a sudden we are considering fairly priced cars as " Cheap ". May if be this is the actual price ? Most of the manufacturers are looting us I would say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Magnite XL Turbo can't be compared with the Nexon XE
What was tried to compare there is, For the same price , you can either get either the base variant of a NEXON or Mid variant of Magnite.
kamilharis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 20:09   #625
BHPian

Here's an honest opinion on the exteriors and interiors of the car by an ex- Ecosport owner and youtuber Milind Kwatra

ATRONIX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 20:11   #626

I think Nissan got the pricing spot on.. Magnite is really a VFM car. This is one of the cars whose base variant is actually well kitted with most essential features.

Any news on if Nissan is planning to provide price protection to customers who book now but may not get delivery in 2020?
Old 3rd December 2020, 20:17   #627
BHPian

Checked out the Magnite at Lakshmi Nissan, Nagole today, looks good, has a good road presence. Nissan did an excellent job when it comes to space management, specially at the back. The driver and passenger seats though felt little cramped up. When it comes to fit and finish, the car is built to cost and it shows.

The showroom was buzzing with people and according to the SA they haven't had a crowd like that in the last three years, and if he is to be believed, they have received around 100 bookings today itself!
tchsvy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 20:45   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Identity View Post
Any news on if Nissan is planning to provide price protection to customers who book now but may not get delivery in 2020?
Going by what Mr. Rakesh Srivastava mentioned during the launch, this 'introductory price' is valid for those who BOOK the vehicle by 31st Dec 2020. So I presume it doesn't matter if you take the delivery in Jan 2021 as you will be entitled for the same introductory price since practically it is not possible to book the vehicle on 31st Dec and get the delivery on the same day.

I also confirmed this with a local Nissan dealer here. Maybe others too can confirm the same.
Old 3rd December 2020, 20:54   #629
Senior - BHPian

Good, but why is he plugging bluetooth speakers at the end? That took away his credibilty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Here's an honest opinion on the exteriors and interiors of the car by an ex- Ecosport owner and Youtuber Milind Kwatra
Old 3rd December 2020, 20:56   #630
Senior - BHPian

I have stopped commenting and reading about car launches since the past year as I was absolutely astonished by all the super expensive hatch, pseudo suv launches in the recent past that almost cost as much as I paid for my 2.8 Auto Crysta and the new i20 launch was absolutely the last straw. A better service network doesn't mean that car makers commit loot in broad daylight. So this launch comes as an absolute breath of fresh air. Realistic and a reasonable price for a lot of standard desirable stuff in a good looking car. Great going Nissan. This car is definitely a contender when I finally decide to change my Figo.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd December 2020 at 23:07. Reason: Typo
SPARKled is offline   (18) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks