Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2020, 02:39   #661
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Has anybody been able to negotiate any discounts / freebies / exchange bonus etc on the magnite ?

I have prebooked mine back in Nov and now need to "discuss" final pricing and formalize the booking.

MMTIA
akg7091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 08:10   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Still I would say go for it . 85 KM you need to travel, once in a year only. If you calculate that way too, this is really value for money.
Quite frankly, it isnt worth the deal if you always have a worry about being 85km away at the back of the mind in case of issues.

You are better off putting a couple of lacs and going for the base version of its competitors. It also doesnt help that the Magnite base model gets the weakest engine in its segment. Even the tried and tested Tiago gets a better engine spec for more or less the same money, just lesser boot space .
I would hold my money on buying the car over the next year and half until Nissan gets back in the reckoning in terms of sheer physical visibility.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 08:19   #663
BHPian

I really need to know where exactly the cost cutting in the Nissan Magnite is. Such a price tag for a car seems unrealistic. It gives me horrors of overdone cost cutting and possible safety issues. Could anyone please point out how the Magnite is lakhs cheaper than its competitors?
EightSix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 10:51   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
We are looking for a budget car mainly for city runs and budget is < 6L and Magnite base petrol is a good option. Missing essentials like music system, central locking, and seat cover can be added from outside and can still keep the cost < 6L. Main issue is there is no dealer in my hometown. Their dealership was closed few months back. Next nearest dealer is ~ 85 km away!
Maybe you can wait for the Renault Kiger which is an almost similar car, but with a different interior and exterior. Do you have a Renault showroom nearby?

Nissan Magnite Review-renault_kiger_showcar_1_1605690738820_1605690747941.jpeg
starke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 12:53   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
We are looking for a budget car mainly for city runs and budget is < 6L and Magnite base petrol is a good option. Missing essentials like music system, central locking, and seat cover can be added from outside and can still keep the cost < 6L. Main issue is there is no dealer in my hometown. Their dealership was closed few months back. Next nearest dealer is ~ 85 km away!
I bought my Triber last year in November end. My nearest Renault showroom and/or service center was at least 8 hours drive away in Chandigarh tricity region or Solan or Shimla in Himachal Pradesh. Luckily now in December we finally have a showroom and service center in Mandi, about 120Km away, it had closed down 2-3 years ago, and a new one has opened nearby to the old Renault Mandi showroom at Gutkar.

If the car is in your budget and fulfills your need, take the leap of faith. I can say the 1L N/A Petrol has so far been reliable. And I live at Manali, all hilly roads with low Oxygen when driving up, and it has never disappointed me, you can check my ownership review (here (Ownership Review of my Renault Triber RXZ (Electric Blue))). If you're lucky, maybe a service center will open up or reopen near your place as well if the sales pick up.
AdityaDeane is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 17:06   #666
Distinguished - BHPian

I just went through the brochure and the base XE variant is rather well loaded. Power windows, rear de-fogger, rear parking sensors were a surprise for me to see on the base variant. Also they haven't skimped on the basic safety features which are standard across the range.

This would make a compelling buy for someone who believes in saving money. A C2 segment compact SUV costing around 6L OTR is a steal. Add some nice alloys and a good ICE screen and you are good to go. This shouldn't cost more than 50k. Kudos to Nissan for this price.
drmohitg is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 18:13   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post
I really need to know where exactly the cost cutting in the Nissan Magnite is. Such a price tag for a car seems unrealistic. It gives me horrors of overdone cost cutting and possible safety issues. Could anyone please point out how the Magnite is lakhs cheaper than its competitors?
Probably you will get your own answer if I say that others cars are simply overpriced and priced significantly higher that what they are worth for. At this introductory price Nissan might not be making any margins as Nissan is in survival mode now. Once they are above water they will charge appropriately.

Nissan has cleverly used platform/parts from its existing part bin and high level of localization has helped it to keep the cost low.

I would say Nissan has shaken the Indian car industry on its value proposition. I sincerely hope that this car impacts the sales of the big boys so, that we can see some sanity coming back in the way cars are priced in India. We need more such models from Nissan to go for the long innings. I will surely say Nissan is back in the game

Last edited by tj123 : 5th December 2020 at 18:14. Reason: typo
tj123 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 18:43   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Why do we have an immediate tendency to conclude that killer price = cost cutting? May be the effect of "kitna deti hai cars". Jokes apart, why do we hesitate to give credit to the frugal engineering that eliminates cost burdens at design phase? For instance, Renault Triber, is well engineered to seat 7 passengers and so are some recent launches of Tata and other makers.

We tend to close our eyes on cost cutting measures by the market leader and also ignore the misses of Hyundai / Kia (=recent brake failures), for all the bling and gizmos. Sigh!
ganadrive16 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 19:41   #669
BHPian

Quote:
I would say the only reason it is launched at this eye-watering price is because Nissans dont sell well, no matter how sorted the vehicle is eg Kicks.

So inorder to get crowds back to dealerships they have to play the cost game. (It is not cheap but I would put it as exteremly VFM, whereas others are taking us for a ride)

If it priced on par with the higher selling brands why would anyone risk a Nissan. So they are left with no choice here sadly.

VFM offering loaded to the grills, lets see if it give a second life to Nissan brand in India.

Last edited by SideView : 5th December 2020 at 19:42.
SideView is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 20:52   #670
BHPian

Well over 90% of our buyers start their shopping with-

1. Price
2. Space
3. Features

If a car bombs in the first round itself, no point in having a smooth CVT, LEDs etc.

Looks, driving comfort, proximity to service centers etc follow closely.

Finding a new video added on YouTube every few minutes on the Magnite . One of them managed to show three passengers in the rear quite comfortably. Another critical thing!. A big difference between a four and a half seater and a five seater!.
Nalin1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 23:06   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Finding a new video added on YouTube every few minutes on the Magnite . One of them managed to show three passengers in the rear quite comfortably. Another critical thing!. A big difference between a four and a half seater and a five seater!.
Very true. I guess the popularity that Magnite seems to have gathered post the price release is even more then what Sonet had managed.
I get so many Youtube suggestions on the Magnite and I do make it a point to watch those (some of them are really unique & genuine).

I really hope Magnite turns the fortunes for Nissan India. I genuinely feel that Magnite has what it takes to get Nissan back into the business.

I am eagerly waiting to test drive this car in the coming week.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 5th December 2020 at 23:10.
Old 5th December 2020, 23:23   #672
BHPian

Magnite Extended Warranty and AMC Package Details .

Warranty
Standard 2 Yrs
Extended 2+3 Yrs @
Rs12425(Base variant)
-Rs 13668(Top Variant) /100k km.
Also available options are 2+1yrs/60k km and 2+2yrs /80K Kms

AMC packages
NISSAN Magnite Gold Care
5Yrs /50k kms - Rs 16300-Rs 17000
Also available 2yrs/20k /3yrs 30k/4yrs 40k kms care packages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 5th December 2020 at 23:25.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 05:22   #673
BHPian

Quote:
I think the other car makers (especially Koreans)margins are so high because they are well established in the market or they have a managed to create a brand image where people would simply buy a Hyundai/Maruti.

In India, Nissan is at a do or die situation. I feel they have cut their margins a bit to establish themselves in India. They would increase cost once they are better established say in 2-3 years depending on how successful they are. This happens with every other business.

I also think they are not that cheap. If you compare Nexon. Tata is only around 75 K expensive for a similar specced model. For that 75 k you will get a slightly better engine by 10 ps, 10 Nm, a 6th gear, slightly wider car, 70 kg additional weight. Magnite has some better features like adjustable rear headrests but how much do you think it is going to cost for manufacturers to include an adjustable head rest at the rear (Hardly 1k). Nissan has done a clever thing, they made all these simple, not that expensive (for manufacturing) features standard or available at lower variants (16 inch wheels, rear wiper, 60:40 split, rear head rest, rear centre arm rest, all power windows). Also Nissan offering CVT is the USP compared to Tata Nexon.

If you look close enough you will understand Nissan has priced it correctly. It is not low, and I also don’t think the quality is low compared to other cars in the market. Korean cars are simply overpriced and overrated.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-0f86a239bb5545bdb3e75249370eee0a.png  

Last edited by Godzilla : 6th December 2020 at 05:49.
Godzilla is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 08:29   #674
BANNED

I've booked XV CVT Premium DT (Red/Black). I'll go for 5 years of warranty as the product is new. I have to pay around 11L including Extended warranty.
Anxiousblock is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 10:03   #675
BHPian

This video visually shows the additional features you get compared to the Sonet.

Godzilla is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks