Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2020, 17:08   #781
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

I had booked through nissan website a week ago and the variant was xe/silver,. It is not available to test drive. the dealer selected was the one you said above.502868 is the ex show room, onroad without extended warranty is 5.98lakh. Anyway i just told them to cancel and refund. I don't want to deal with this guys anymore
castiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 17:45   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by castiel View Post
502868 is the ex show room, onroad without extended warranty is 5.98lakh.
Are they asking handling charges in addition to the ex showroom price, or is it included in the ex showroom price?

In the initial pricelist which the dealer sent to me had 502867 mentioned as ex showroom for XE. For CVT XV PRE DT it was 9,66,648, but later they sent a quotation with 9,56,248.
Old 16th December 2020, 18:08   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
Are they asking handling charges in addition to the ex showroom price, or is it included in the ex showroom price?

no, above is the ex showroom without handling charges, it is under rto and "incidental" charges (64286 for xe), based on earlier quote posted here from fellow Keralite's i guess this is including 8000inr "handling" . Anyway this is a closed chapter for me now. I have just cancelled it and moved on.
Old 16th December 2020, 22:07   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no, above is the ex showroom without handling charges, it is under rto and "incidental" charges (64286 for xe), based on earlier quote posted here from fellow Keralite's i guess this is including 8000inr "handling" . Anyway this is a closed chapter for me now. I have just cancelled it and moved on.
Moved on to what? It's another matter if you have decided not to buy another motor vehicle but is there any comparative car which comes at Magnite's price? They are practically giving it away for free. Magnite is 2 to 3 lakhs cheaper from various rivals and yet has more features. I'm not a Nissan fanboy, nor am I trying to sell you a Magnite but what you mentioned as reason not to buy can be worked on. Escalate to Nissan. Every car dealer of every brand tries to fleece you and extract extra money under some fancy sounding head. Nissan dealers are no exception. If I were you, and if every attempt made by me fails, I wouldn't lose a great car just for the sake of Rs.8,000/-, when the next rival is rupees 2 to 3 lakhs away. That is peanuts in a ten lakh rupee car. Before anyone jumps at me for saying this, I am in no way endorsing dealer's demand. But this is harsh reality of Indian automotive scene and every dealer of every brand tries to fleece as much as he can get away with. This is why people walk into dealership with a reference from some known contact.

Lastly, at least you walked away because of 8K demand. Some walk away for something as little as salesman didn't smile at me, put me on hold for full 2 minutes, didn't welcome me etc. etc. We go to dealership to buy car, not to marry salesman.
pgsagar is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 22:33   #785
BHPian

not for just 8K, there is huge difference in insurance cost which they insist as well and they themselves suggested i cancel the booking if their pricelist is not acceptable.

On road price for XE is 6.3 lakh after adding the extended warranty and nissan goldcare

I have tried sending mails to Nissan, no response so far, tried their toll free number couple of times, nobody picks after being on hold for 30 minutes

Don't you think the buying experience is important especially for an unproven new vehicle like this? It gives you a precursor of what your are going to face down the road

I had faced this in 2015 with Maruti who insisted on buying insurance only from them and their quote is written in stone, I just went and bought a ford aspire who matched the external quote and removed the " handling charges"

I have explained in a detailed mail to Nissan why i am cancelling the booking

May be if enough people standup then this "harsh reality" could be changed.

Last edited by castiel : 16th December 2020 at 22:42.
castiel is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 23:12   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Moved on to what? It's another matter if you have decided not to buy another motor vehicle but is there any comparative car which comes at Magnite's price?
True, I would have followed up with Nissan and waited a couple of days more.

I haven't discussed about insurance and price breakup with the dealer yet, will do it post test drive and after making final decision. However if I am buying the car, I'll fight to get handling charges (if they ask for) waived off. I would still purchase the car even if they are not waiving it off. As you rightly said, the competitors are way too costly and considering them to save Rs. 8000 would not be a wise decision.

We can mail a complaint to the manufacturer and if there is no response, escalate it. Mail IDs of higher officials could be found by a little research on internet.

If there is still no response from manufacturer, we always have option to make a complaint to transport department (after purchase). There is strict instructions issued by transport department restricting the dealers from levying any additional charges like handling charges and a complaint with solid proof could result in hefty fines to cancellation of trade license of the dealer.

From my experience, if you take a stern stand the dealers would surely give up. Maruti had tried selling me their insurance and told me that they would not deliver the vehicle if I did not take Maruti Insurance. A one line mail to Maruti made everything right. I do agree that Nissan might not be as responsive as Maruti, but still putting a little more effort will surely work.

Last edited by dudevarkey : 16th December 2020 at 23:17.
dudevarkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 12:11   #787
BHPian

Just dropped by the showroom as soon as they opened this morning to check out the Magnite in person, and my first impression was that the photos don't do it justice. (Won't stop me from adding two shots to this quick review )

Apparently, the XE (base) variants now have a waiting period of 24 weeks. All other variants have a waiting period of 6-8 weeks on average. And yes, they are still prioritizing test drives for those who've already booked the car, so the pitch was "if you wait for a test drive before booking, the price (post Dec 2020) will increase." However, I confirmed that the booking amount shields you against the 50K+ price increase even though deliveries will happen only in 2021. I'm guessing this is because Nissan wants to get a good idea of the demand for the next couple of quarters. Smart, because the booking amount will be refunded in full if the test drive is unsatisfactory. Dealers being who they are, I'm still quite wary of this "fast, full refund" promise.

Speaking of dealers, I was shown the XV and given a full walkaround of the features.

Nissan Magnite Review-magnitefront.jpg

There's a significant sense of road presence. The side form factor reminds me of the Creta, especially with the pulled-back hatch, but the front has a modern look that sets this apart.

Nissan Magnite Review-magniteside.jpg

The salesperson was quite well-informed (but, to be honest, I didn't grill her on many of the technical specifications because I didn't have a lot of questions anyway - I'd have preferred a test drive over any and all verbal assertions of ride quality and engine performance).

Someone has remarked earlier on this thread that the rear bench is comfy for two passengers, and would be a tight fit for three passengers. While I did find it roomy enough, I found the middle seat's back - which houses the armrest, cupholders and mobile holder - to be quite stiff. On a bad rut at a fair clip, anyone who's resting their back on this armrest is probably going to get a free straightening of the spine whether they want to or not.

I'm also wondering - moving from a 1.2L Ritz Petrol engine - if switching on the A/C will be a significant drag on the 1.0L NA / Turbo engines of the Magnite. If anyone has a test drive coming up, could you check this out as well?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 17th December 2020 at 12:28. Reason: Added spacing.
ChevyTeddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 12:14   #788
BHPian

Nope!. I don't agree at all that Nissan is not responsive to escalations or complaints. A couple of times that I had to contact them due to service centre oversmartness resulted in immediate 3 to 4 calls to me, a quick talk with the service centre and call back to me to sort out everything.

Sometimes you need to know how, when and whom to contact and the right channels to go through, the language and the tone you use, all those things matter.
Nalin1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 13:19   #789
BHPian

If you mean i used aggressive tone with the dealer then I didn't. I simply asked how to justify the almost double insurance cost and the 8k added as incidental there was no explanation.

Only said this is their list and if not acceptable they are happy to cancel the booking and refund and they said i am free to complain with Nissan , supposedly it is " Nissan authorized rate".

Good to know that you got instant response from Nissan, That is how it should be and I get similar response from Mahindra and Ford for my other cars . Only thing i got was the instant automated booking confirmation on 9th dec when i did the booking at their website. As of now no response to the emails so far. May be too busy with the overwhelming response they got for this car
Old 17th December 2020, 14:06   #790
BANNED

I am extremely pleased with Nissan for going to such lengths and offer such a well put together SUV for the price of hatchbacks.
Dealers of every brand can be pushy and difficult if they choose to.
I remember being given an indifferent or aggressive attitude from Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dealers over the years.
Unscrupulous dealers and their obnoxious methods should not put us off from buying the Nissan Magnite...a superb SUV at the price.
fiestarry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 15:22   #791
Senior - BHPian

I was told test drives would start from 15th, but there are no cars. Looks like Nissan is still working on production. The executives are pushing for booking, even without a TD. I asked him 'Are we buying vegetables?', so he shut up. That was very irritating, as he was consistently pushing for booking, and quite nagging.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 15:36   #792
BHPian

Nissan started sending cars to dealerships on Monday. So test drive vehicles will be available from next week. Also deliveries should probably start towards end of next week.

I just got the stock list from the dealer. My dealer has only Silver single tone available in XV Premium CVT variant, no other colours. The FLARE GARNET RED & ONYX BLACK has huge demand and it's a special paint, hence there is additional waiting period for that colour. But they started sending FLARE GARNET RED & ONYX BLACK color also is what I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
I'm also wondering - moving from a 1.2L Ritz Petrol engine - if switching on the A/C will be a significant drag on the 1.0L NA / Turbo engines of the Magnite. If anyone has a test drive coming up, could you check this out as well?
This is something which needs to be checked, but never occurred to me. Thanks for pointing it out, will check it when i do the TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Nope!. I don't agree at all that Nissan is not responsive to escalations or complaints.
May be they are busy responding to enormous queries/complaints, hence the delay.

Quote:
If you mean i used aggressive tone with the dealer then I didn't.
Using aggressive tone certainly works, it worked for me in similar situations.

Last edited by dudevarkey : 17th December 2020 at 15:37.
dudevarkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 18:36   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post

May be they are busy responding to enormous queries/complaints, hence the delay.

Using aggressive tone certainly works, it worked for me in similar situations.
I just got the reply from Nissan customer care. Somebody from regional sales is going to call me to discuss the issue. let us see how it goes
Old 17th December 2020, 18:58   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Looks like Nissan is still working on production.
They have started sending cars from the plant to the dealers and of course increasing production to meet the demand. Those who booked the car will get to test drive the car from next week.
dudevarkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 23:22   #795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Even their brochure seems to have no errors as such
Quote:
Originally Posted by DImPo View Post
I could spot couple of mistakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I am skeptical if what is printed on the brochure is actually true... It could very easily be a brochure printing mistake - such mistakes are very common these days, especially with early pre-launch brochures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
How many of you went through the brilliant brochure of the Magnite? ... I was impressed on how they showcased visually each trim with features specified... It was a neat brochure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kung_foo_fanta View Post
Managed to grab the brochure from their site...
Guys, am I seeing differently or making an understanding mistake ? The brochure has following image describing "Hydraulic Brake Boost" :

Name:  Nissan_Magnite.PNG
Views: 3064
Size:  462.4 KB

First of all, I think, this image shows nothing related to Brake Boost.

Secondly, it seems to be showing 4x4 driveline in Magnite I must be dreaming.

On serious note, such goof-ups are hilarious at one hand, on the other show lack of review by engineers for draft copy.
AutoNoob is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks