Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2020, 14:39   #826
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Finally the test drives have started. As always, some people might like some aspects and some might not like some aspects and so on.

But to come to a conclusion whether to buy/or not buy, based on somebody's opinion is !.

Check this one-

This guy gives full marks to the clutch (not at all heavy), very smooth gear shifts, excellent steering and superb suspension!. According to him, he does not feel any of those broken roads and craters.

The first generation Verna was supposed to have something called a boat like ride. In almost 10 years, I found no boat in it.

The 110 PS Terrano has a turbo lag about which I have read tons of stuff. In reality, it is so minor and negligible that it just won't even cross your mind while driving. In a few days, you will figure out how to get around even that minor lag.

Last edited by Nalin1 : 21st December 2020 at 15:00. Reason: Added youtube link
Nalin1 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 15:42   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by castiel View Post
18064(xe model) from my agent who handles all our insurance related business , i think it was new india
That's around 11700 less than the dealers quote. Does the dealer agreed to match the quote or are you proceeding with your agent?
Old 21st December 2020, 15:48   #828
BHPian

The guy who called earlier said some other sales person will call to discuss that,. not sure they can match it , anyway I am free to chose the insurance provider

(18k above mentioned is zero dep with 3year 3rd party but not cashless)

so if dealer comes up with something very close to it with cashless option I may still go with them
Old 21st December 2020, 23:33   #829
BHPian

Nissan Magnite Review-img_20201221_124329.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-img_20201221_124151.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-img_20201221_122827.jpg

The Magnite in tourmaline Brown. The other colour besides Garnet Flare red that appeals to me on the Magnite
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 23:59   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post

The Magnite in tourmaline Brown. The other colour besides Garnet Flare red that appeals to me on the Magnite
This is Sandstone Brown brother. The car in this video is Tourmaline Brown, which is a bit maroonish in comparison.
ATRONIX is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 07:47   #831
Senior - BHPian

Those lights look a stunner, really. I think the brightest on any car I notice the cut off line is quite high, and this could blind incoming traffic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Finally the test drives have started. As always, some people might like some aspects and some might not like some aspects and so on.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 14:05   #832
Senior - BHPian

Went to have a look at the Magnite.

The plastic quality of the interiors is definitely better than what the pictures suggest.

There was some waiting for a test drive, and I was in a hurry, so will go back again.

The doors and hatch are light built for sure. The bonnet is heavy though.

Overall, the build quality appears tinny. Rest only a crash test rating will clear.

I had a chat with one person who had already booked one. When I shared my apprehension about the safety, his reply was that one can not get everything at this price.

That sums up the popular opinion. People are more inclined towards looks and features. Safety takes a backseat.

Overall, I did like the Magnite. But, I wouldn't recommend it to any one in my circle till the time a crash rating is out.
ashutoshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 14:49   #833
BHPian

Hi all - a friend is looking to buy the Magnite XE variant as his first, independent car (apart from the family car). He found out that the XE doesn't have central locking which is an essential feature. Can he get it done third party and will it affect warranty?

Last edited by andafunda : 24th December 2020 at 14:51.
Old 24th December 2020, 14:54   #834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post
He found out that the XE doesn't have central locking which is an essential feature. Can he get it done third party and will it affect warranty?
Anything that is added apart from authorized dealership will void warranty (on paper)
Earlier models of Nissan / Datsun had remote lock as genuine accessory, I hope it can be done at dealer level.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 15:34   #835
BHPian

Magnite XL NA engine variant walkaround video is out. Gets black + beige interior scheme.

ATRONIX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 15:52   #836
BHPian

Test drove the CVT Turbo today. Pretty good. There's vibrations from the engine at idle which are a bit too much to ignore. CVT almost as good as the one in the civic hybrid. Rubber band effect is very prominent but doesn't affect drivability if driving within the city. Only pedal to the metal will you notice the ~1.5 sec lag.

Hill assist is good enough for 20deg inclines. Don't expect it to do wonders on very steep inclines. Use of parking brake will be needed for steep inclines. The car engine stalled when I switched it on while parked on an incline, disengaged the handbrake and then put it in drive while the car just kept rolling back - lack of torque at low RPMs.

TPMS is a basic OK / Not OK and doesn't show the actual tyre pressure.

The audio system ( I drove the standard / non JBL version ) is pretty good. Wonder how much better the JBL would be. Wireless android auto didn't work. Sales guy had no idea how to enable it. I am sure it works just that he didn't know how to.

A few more things I noticed - The trip meter was showing the car had been driven for a total of 90kms and the avg. efficiency was 5.2kmpl. The left high beam LED was not aligned properly and was lighting up the floor in front of the car instead of the distance where the right beam was focused. The doors don't inspire confidence when closed ( seemed flimsy / not as heavy as nexon )
akg7091 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 17:10   #837
BHPian

Just for the information of all, the Magnite test drives have not yet started in Faridabad. Looks like it will happen eventually in 2021. I'll update as soon as I have an update on this.
Old 24th December 2020, 17:18   #838
BHPian

Finally got to test drive the manual Xv prem turbo today.

Pros
1. Strong engine for the segment (3rd gear)
2. Good ground clearance in real world
3. Feels solid at lower speeds (was impossible to pass 80 due to traffic)

Cons
1. Very high vibrations on idle with ac on- you can feel it on every seat, though none on the gearshift or steering wheel ( the YouTube coin experiment doesn't show reality)
2. Bumpy ride in the rear seat (roads weren't great, but Magnite was even more bouncy than the new wagon r which isn't a champ either)
3. Long clutch travel and rough gearshift esp from 1>2

Had been strongly considering Magnite CVT so pt 3 is not a challenge. But pt 1 and 2 are potential deal breakers, especially considering this will be used as a family city car.

Purely based on price, will still give it another shot when CVT is available for TD. But lack of sophistication has been underwhelming to say the least.
JishD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 19:24   #839
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Magnite deliveries begin

Old 26th December 2020, 13:23   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Cons
1. Very high vibrations on idle with ac on- you can feel it on every seat, though none on the gearshift or steering wheel ( the YouTube coin experiment doesn't show reality)
2. Bumpy ride in the rear seat (roads weren't great, but Magnite was even more bouncy than the new wagon r which isn't a champ either)
3. Long clutch travel and rough gearshift esp from 1>2
Were you feeling the vibrations on the clutch and doors as well?

I really do hope Renault positions Kiger, at a slight premium and fixes the clutch and vibration issue in its car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks