Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2021, 09:13   #901
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
The first joint Renault-Nissan Alliance plant for global markets, the plant at Chennai in India has a production capacity of 400,000 units
Seems like they were running lean all the time and it is time for them to fully utilize the plant. Hope the suppliers are also ready to meet the demand.

source : https://group.renault.com/en/our-com...ons/chennai-2/
starke is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 09:57   #902
BHPian

https://www.business-standard.com/ar...0400742_1.html

With more shifts being added to the plant, we might see the waiting period drop a bit.
lancia_fanboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 10:16   #903
Senior - BHPian

Too early to comment on Nissan's success. Let deliveries begin and people get their cars. Let's wait on how Nissan handles this demand. Getting orders is one part and successfully completing them is another part. Hopefully Nissan has plans to fulfil this demand and don't compromise on quality or service in doing that.

Planning to do test drive soon. Want to check personally, how it looks and drive in real world.
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 10:25   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Super awesome to read! Nissan with its pedigree, line up (abroad) and brilliant platforms needed a kick to succeed and this might just be it.
Couldn't restrain from posting Nissan expected this kick from its Nissan Kicks and it back kicked them.

38K bookings in a month is wonderful. Hope it gives Nissan the reason to stay afloat from the drowning waters.

Last edited by saisree : 5th January 2021 at 10:31.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 11:12   #905
Senior - BHPian

I wonder if this huge demand for the Magnite is going to push back Renault India's plans of launching the Kiger and the Triber Turbo in the first half of this calendar year. That would not be very good for the Renault brand in India.
Old 5th January 2021, 11:27   #906
Senior - BHPian

The front windscreen wipers look strangely small and inadequate, especially the driver side blade. Curious to see how good the windscreen sweep area is
Old 5th January 2021, 16:40   #907
BHPian

Kudos to Rakesh Shrivastava for pulling this project off. A true magician. Nissan needs to make sure that, they retain him for a longer time. By seeing the success of Magnite, seems like the cousin Kiger is arriving early .
anumod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 16:44   #908
Senior - BHPian

Is Kiger also being built at the same plant ?

Will be interesting to see how different Kiger will be given it will cost more than Magnite.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 17:09   #909
BHPian

Recently visited Surya Nissan on ORR near Nagwara. One word "disappointed" with both, the car as well as the dealer.

The staff honestly didn't care to explain the features or show the car. They were interested in taking names and phone numbers. Not a single sales person seemed interested in selling.

Coming to the car, it was way too small and I found my head touching the roof. The seats aren't comfortable and the interior felt cheap. Seems like a car that would do well in the Cab market.

I was really looking forward to this car, huge disappointment :(
Sreesh1009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 17:21   #910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post

I was really looking forward to this car, huge disappointment :(
Are you sure the disappointment over the sales staff didn't influence your observations of the product?

I won't blame the Nissan sales teams though, imagine a poorly performing restaurant that usually caters to 1 table every night and suddenly they have 20 tables of customers. They do get overwhelmed and automatically do the standard operating procedure that's the most necessary - like taking the names and numbers.

Going by the demand, I don't think they would care to call those visitors who haven't booked the car, atleast for the next few months.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 17:28   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Are you sure the disappointment over the sales staff didn't influence your observations of the product? .
The dealership experience ruined it 10%. But when I sat in the car, all my expectations went down the drain. The seats were extremely uncomfortable so was the cabin. It felt extremely claustrophobic inside and like I mentioned before, my head was touching the roof.

Sreesh1009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 18:17   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Couldn't restrain from posting Nissan expected this kick from its Nissan Kicks and it back kicked them.

38K bookings in a month is wonderful. Hope it gives Nissan the reason to stay afloat from the drowning waters.
Hahaha, that was an intentional pun though by me, at least some one caught it
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 19:46   #913

Nissan produced about 6000 cars in Nov'20. Out of this about 4000 cars are Sunny, 1000 Redi-Go, 190 Go&Go+ , 650 Magnite and rest Kicks. Considering these numbers Magnite only can save Nissan.
Old 5th January 2021, 23:20   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
The dealership experience ruined it 10%. But when I sat in the car, all my expectations went down the drain. The seats were extremely uncomfortable so was the cabin. It felt extremely claustrophobic inside and like I mentioned before, my head was touching the roof.

Most of the cars in the segment are the same in this department; then there is one better car - XUV300 at the cost of boot space and there is a car - Sonet with best in class boot space at the cost of rear seat comfort.
dudevarkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 23:57   #915
BHPian

30000+ plus bookings is sort an achievement for Nissan in India, taking into account their mediocre track record.But at the same time, Nissan really needs to be proactive and deliver the booked cars at the earliest before the initial euphoria dies down. Most importantly Nissan should back up these numbers by offering good after sales service. Nissan never previously has witnessed such volume in sales before, so it will be interesting to see how they are going to manage the sales and service, especially in tier 2 and tier 3 cities.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks