Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2021, 13:29   #916
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Nissan seems to have become more responsive. I had sent a mail in the morning to Nissan Customer Care asking about the status of my booking and within 2.5 hours I got a call back. They were assuring me on delivering the car by end of January or latest by first week of February as I made booking in November (Flare Garnet Red).
dudevarkey is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 19:53   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
Most of the cars in the segment are the same in this department; then there is one better car - XUV300 at the cost of boot space and there is a car - Sonet with best in class boot space at the cost of rear seat comfort.
I Agree, Magnite was the reason which made me think about buying a second car but then my projected usage per month increased and decided to cancel the booking and go for XUV300 W8 0 AMT diesel
castiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 19:43   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
My friend brougth over a Magnite CVT that he was test driving. One word its a “looker”. He was happy with it, mentioned he might book.

Doesnt look small, has it proportions: not too small nor too large either. ( i felt it looks larger than Venue)

The bonnet has a nice heft to it, even heavier than my Terrano.(as I wanted to see how the engine bay

Happy to report, my friend has booked the vehicle (CVT), delivery timeline in unknown. He was happy with the performance and power on tap, him not been an aggressive driver.

One thing he did mention was when the driver door is opened 90 degrees it had horrible vibration. ( he mentioned it could be due to 3 pot engine)

Can someone who plans on test driving double check this and report if this was a test drive vehicle specific issue.
Old 7th January 2021, 21:00   #919
BANNED

Whoa !
I test drove the Magnite for about 5-6 km .
The vehicle is an excellent CSUV with a great engine. All the talk about 3 pot vibrations is best ignored completely.

The 1.0 turbo has loads of power and the CVT is seriously good.
The Magnite performs very well under all throttle inputs... and I drive a Fiesta 1.6 S.

The suspension was way better than the Hyundai family offerings.
I am amazed at Nissan's engineering and pricing.

Last edited by fiestarry : 7th January 2021 at 21:02.
fiestarry is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 11:46   #920
BHPian

Hope Nissan will relaunch the Micra also.

The South Africa Micra 5

Nissan Magnite Review-newnissanmicra5main.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-newnissanmicrareview.jpg

Brochure

All New 2021 Micra SA.pdf
dudevarkey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 13:16   #921
Senior - BHPian

I dont think so, because then the pricing should start at 3.99 Lakhs. Otherwise the consumer wont see value. And at that price point the car wont be viable. By pricing the Magnite so low, they have created a solution (Current situation) and problem (Future models) at the same time.
Quote:
Hope Nissan will relaunch the Micra also.The South Africa Micra 5
Old 8th January 2021, 16:39   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I dont think so, because then the pricing should start at 3.99 Lakhs. Otherwise the consumer wont see value. And at that price point the car wont be viable. By pricing the Magnite so low, they have created a solution (Current situation) and problem (Future models) at the same time.
It could easily be positioned in the premium hatchback segment. The size is perfect for India and below the 4m length. With the features and engines on offer, it would sit perfectly against the likes of Baleno and i20. At that price point, they could also make it a commercially viable option.
Old 8th January 2021, 20:02   #923

Quote:
Happy to report, my friend has booked the vehicle (CVT), delivery timeline in unknown. He was happy with the performance and power on tap, him not been an aggressive driver.

One thing he did mention was when the driver door is opened 90 degrees it had horrible vibration. ( he mentioned it could be due to 3 pot engine)

Can someone who plans on test driving double check this and report if this was a test drive vehicle specific issue.
Yes this is true because of the 3 cylinder engines nature plus this is made light(approx 1000kgs) to keep the mileage in mind(kudos to their thought process and engineering). Just happened to see my current hyundai i10(2012) is 1360 kgs weight. Happened to attend their extensive (4 hrs) survey in january done through a third party(my friend company) wherein they had kept Kicks honda city and a highly modified with excellent beautiful exterior in comparisons. Have booked the base variant in mid december(reason price) and eagerly waiting for kiger,s announcement.
Old 8th January 2021, 22:06   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Hope Nissan will relaunch the Micra also.

The South Africa Micra 5

Attachment 2104665
This one is perfect for India. A proper premium hatch will all the gizmos and features. The 1 litre turbo with 180 Nm can do 0-100 around 9 seconds is considered as a hot hatch genre.

Nissan Magnite Review-6a13622533992360ebf01d8e87a0619f.jpg

Nissan India, bring this in after the Magnite, We need your global products here.
starke is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 10:05   #925
BHPian

Nissan should also get its Livina MUV here and pit it against the Maruti Ertiga.

Nissan Magnite Review-1280px2019_nissan_livina_vl_1.5_nd1w_20190616_01.jpg
ATRONIX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 10:13   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Even our 4 pot Ciaz petrol's doors vibrate at open position. I checked my friend's Type-2 V6 Nissan Teana and that too has mild vibrations on the door, which is a 30 -Lakh rupees car. So a 3-pot car is bound to have vibrations and we shouldn't set high expectations when going for such cars.
Old 9th January 2021, 12:28   #927
BHPian

Nissan Magnite Black+Red combo interiors done by dealer. Looks similar to the Magnite prototype.

Source video : https://www.facebook.com/groups/niss...0595252527968/

Nissan Magnite Review-screenshot_20210109122500933_com.facebook.katana.png

Nissan Magnite Review-screenshot_20210109122451507_com.facebook.katana.png

Nissan Magnite Review-screenshot_20210109122422502_com.facebook.katana.png

Nissan Magnite Review-screenshot_20210109122437155_com.facebook.katana.png
Old 9th January 2021, 13:07   #928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Nissan Magnite Black+Red combo interiors done by dealer. Looks similar to the Magnite prototype.
Looks hideous!

I can't even live with that colour scheme for a few days.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 13:23   #929
Senior - BHPian

Nissan has the fabulous Tiida. The most spacious hatch I've ever been in. I'd always imagined a space for that in India
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Nissan should also get its Livina MUV here and pit it against the Maruti Ertiga.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-nissantiida.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 16:05   #930
BANNED

I need advice of you wise people.

I and my wife are currently driving Nissan Micra XV CVT 2015 with 48k on odometer. I have booked Magnite XV premium CVT with exchange of our car at 3L Rs. Now I have started having second thoughts about exchange. Micra is serving us good. Tires requires change but all other things are good. We (mostly my wife, she use it for her daily commute) are driving around 1500 km in a month. on the other hand we are getting a good deal on Magnite. 11 L - 3 L = 8 L on the road for automatic CSUV! Any thoughts on what should we do?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks