Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2021, 23:11   #961

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
The super awesome and extremely customer centric Nissan dealership in Noida ( Neo Nissan ) had booked the wrong variant ( MT ) instead of the CVT I had chosen and paid for on the 10th of Nov 2020, documented on 30+ emails and was asking for updates about every 2 weeks from the dealer and Nissan India( WHO DON'T REPLY TO EMAILS )

Now, the dealer is saying my car cannot be delivered before April because they have to change the variant and forcing me to change the color if I want a quicker delivery.
I took delivery of my Magnite a few days back from Neo Nissan, Prashant Vihar, Delhi which is basically a partnership with Neo Nissan in Ghaziabad.

My experience was quite similar to yours, but I was able to make some compromises to get the car delivered. They will let go of the handling charges, so you can try to bargain and bring it down by 1K maybe.

You can take insurance from outside (like I did) but would have to waste a lot of time arguing with them. Another option is to let them know the insurance quote you have from outside, and they would be able to match it.

Dual-tone colours have a much longer waiting period. If it suits you, you can switch to single tone colours and your wait time will reduce considerably given that you are opting for the top-end version with the tech pack as well.

These guys at Neo have got a lot of bookings and are trying to maximize their earnings through Magnite. You can also let them know that you are considering Renault Kiger that is being launched on Jan 28th.
united is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 00:43   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by united View Post
I took delivery of my Magnite a few days back from Neo Nissan, Prashant Vihar, Delhi which is basically a partnership with Neo Nissan in Ghaziabad.

My experience was quite similar to yours, but I was able to make some compromises to get the car delivered. They will let go of the handling charges, so you can try to bargain and bring it down by 1K maybe.

You can take insurance from outside (like I did) but would have to waste a lot of time arguing with them. Another option is to let them know the insurance quote you have from outside, and they would be able to match it.

Dual-tone colours have a much longer waiting period. If it suits you, you can switch to single tone colours and your wait time will reduce considerably given that you are opting for the top-end version with the tech pack as well.

These guys at Neo have got a lot of bookings and are trying to maximize their earnings through Magnite. You can also let them know that you are considering Renault Kiger that is being launched on Jan 28th.
I got the handling charges and insurance resolved as mentioned by me in previous posting after I told the dealer to go ahead and cancel my booking when they had threatened me. The issue is the complete lack of support from Nissan India. I had booked on the 10th of Nov 2020 and paid INR 25k. Nissan India should tell me how many people had booked before / after and got their vehicles delivered. If the dealer booked an incorrect variant by mistake in the system ( despite clear written confirmation on email about the variant I had chosen ) then Nissan India shouldn't just push me to the back of the queue for no fault of mine. This is where Nissan India can step in and make it right. One extra vehicle shouldn't be that difficult for them to deliver in the next one month should it ? It's the intent, not the ability ! Nissan refuses to even reply on email - just the standard reply that we will get back to you soon !

Is it worth it to even try to stick with Nissan India now ? What's the point ? The company refuses to help customers. The dealership is run by frauds !

Last edited by akg7091 : 25th January 2021 at 00:56.
akg7091 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 01:15   #963

Quote:
I got the handling charges and insurance resolved as mentioned by me in previous posting after I told the dealer to go ahead and cancel my booking when they had threatened me. The issue is the complete lack of support from Nissan India. I had booked on the 10th of Nov 2020 and paid INR 25k. Nissan India should tell me how many people had booked before / after and got their vehicles delivered. If the dealer booked an incorrect variant by mistake in the system ( despite clear written confirmation on email about the variant I had chosen ) then Nissan India shouldn't just push me to the back of the queue for no fault of mine. This is where Nissan India can step in and make it right. One extra vehicle shouldn't be that difficult for them to deliver in the next one month should it ? It's the intent, not the ability ! Nissan refuses to even reply on email - just the standard reply that we will get back to you soon !

Is it worth it to even try to stick with Nissan India now ? What's the point ? The company refuses to help customers. The dealership is run by frauds !
I am not sure whether the dealership can even make such a mistake while booking the car. I know that Neo maintains a proper cost sheet for every booking which has a breakup of the on-road price quoted to the customer along with all the payment details (receipt no, date and amount).

There are also some VIP bookings that are being prioritized by the dealership. So it is quite possible that your car was assigned to some other customer and now they are making excuses. As soon as you agree to a colour change, they would be able to find a car for you.

Nissan India should definitely step in here and try to resolve the same at the earliest. Too many issues around the bookings have come up recently.
united is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 08:41   #964
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure whether the dealership can even make such a mistake while booking the car. I know that Neo maintains a proper cost sheet for every booking which has a breakup of the on-road price quoted to the customer along with all the payment details (receipt no, date and amount).

There are also some VIP bookings that are being prioritized by the dealership. So it is quite possible that your car was assigned to some other customer and now they are making excuses. As soon as you agree to a colour change, they would be able to find a car for you.

Nissan India should definitely step in here and try to resolve the same at the earliest. Too many issues around the bookings have come up recently.
I have all of this on a recorded call ! They called me to confirm my variant / color choice etc approx a week ago and when the lady who called me repeatedly said "MT" I went to the showroom and they showed me my booking on the system ( I clicked a pic of the same ). They later changed it to CVT but now the delivery date has shifted from Feb to Apr / May (tentative)

Neo Nissan Noida is a mess. Their sales agent had even refused to come to my house approx 2 km away to pick up the cheque claiming he had no time
akg7091 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 13:06   #965
BHPian

Quote:
I have all of this on a recorded call ! They called me to confirm my variant / color choice etc approx a week ago and when the lady who called me repeatedly said "MT" I went to the showroom and they showed me my booking on the system ( I clicked a pic of the same ). They later changed it to CVT but now the delivery date has shifted from Feb to Apr / May (tentative)

Neo Nissan Noida is a mess. Their sales agent had even refused to come to my house approx 2 km away to pick up the cheque claiming he had no time
This does not sound good at all! I have also booked a Nissan Magnite XV Premium CVT dual tone (Tourmaline Brown) from Neo Nissan Noida on the 25th of December. Dealer initially mentioned a waiting period of 6 weeks and definite delivery by the 12th of February but is now refusing to give me an estimated delivery date. They say they can only provide an estimate after the 30th of this month. I really do hope there won't be any further delays!
Ankit998 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 14:06   #966
Senior - BHPian

Reading the points made in the above discussion, it looks like if a company that's not been able to sell it's products will be at the mercy of it's dealers who will be let of even with murder. No one would apply for a 'fresh' Nissan dealership as the company is in the dumps and Nissan has to make do with what or who it has in place already in and their attitude isn't going to change just because Nissan has "finally" a got "hit" in the form of Magnite. Just look around and see how many of your friends or relatives have a Nissan Product; there'd be hardly any or very few...

Last edited by Durango Dude : 25th January 2021 at 14:08.
Durango Dude is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 15:39   #967
BHPian

I sent out an EECB at midnight to the top management at Nissan India with a brief summary of my experience thus far and a link to this thread.

So far -

1 ) Received a call from the Neo Nissan Noida GM Sales at 10:40AM asking me why I complained ( she claims that she's received calls / emails from Nissan since 7 in the morning - hard to believe considering how lethargic Nissan India has been ! )
2 ) Received a call back from Nissan India Area Sales Manager at 11:10AM asking me what the exact issue was
3 ) Received confirmation from Nissan India that if I change the variant to XV Pre CVT Turbo ( remove the Nissan Connect features ) they will deliver the vehicle in Feb ( latest by 14th March 2021 )
4 ) Received oral confirmation from the dealer that the vehicle will be delivered as soon as possible
5 ) Received call back from the customer care team at Nissan India requesting me to close the complaint

Many thanks to everybody who helped
akg7091 is online now   (28) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 19:53   #968

Quote:
I sent out an EECB at midnight to the top management at Nissan India with a brief summary of my experience thus far and a link to this thread.
Great to see a positive outcome here with Nissan stepping in. Let's hope that everything happens as discussed without any further hiccups from Neo Nissan.
united is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 10:41   #969
BHPian

Quote:

5 ) Payment of INR 5 Lacs made on 4th Dec 2020 - Dealer promised delivery by end Dec / 1st week jan
Your story is a good example of why payment shouldn't be made without seeing your alloted car in the stockyard.
Once you pay money, no one cares.

When we bought our XUV300 recently , one dealer wanted payment when the car is alloted but before it reaches stockyard. We refused to book with this particular dealer and went with another one who was okay with taking payment after inspection at the stockyard.

I understand no other car offers a similar feature set at the price but that's no reason to bend to all their tantrums. One year down the line anyway, there won't be any waiting period.
Ragavsr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 12:09   #970
Senior - BHPian

Nissan India is celebrating the country's 72nd Republic Day by announcing it had delivered over 720 units of its Magnite.

Nissan Magnite Review-smartselect_20210126120659_chrome.jpg

Quote:
On the joyous celebration of India’s 72nd Republic Day, the Nissan India family commemorated this special occasion with 720+ deliveries of the all-new Nissan Magnite," announced Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India
Source
Venkatesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 16:32   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Your story is a good example of why payment shouldn't be made without seeing your alloted car in the stockyard.
Once you pay money, no one cares.

When we bought our XUV300 recently , one dealer wanted payment when the car is alloted but before it reaches stockyard. We refused to book with this particular dealer and went with another one who was okay with taking payment after inspection at the stockyard.

I understand no other car offers a similar feature set at the price but that's no reason to bend to all their tantrums. One year down the line anyway, there won't be any waiting period.
The dealer told me if I pay 50% upfront he will get the car delivered end of Dec. I actually documented the same on email before making the payment. Even Nissan India refused to help till I finally sent out the mass mail to entire top management asking them if this is how somebody who put his faith in Nissan is to be treated
akg7091 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 19:12   #972

Quote:
The dealer told me if I pay 50% upfront he will get the car delivered end of Dec. I actually documented the same on email before making the payment. Even Nissan India refused to help till I finally sent out the mass mail to entire top management asking them if this is how somebody who put his faith in Nissan is to be treated
Please do not make any further payments, especially if you're getting it financed from a bank as well. Neo Nissan will keep bugging you for payments (I've witnessed their call conversations among each other saying 'why didn't that customer pay yet') and they will try to get all the money out of you.

Try to first get a car allocated and do an extensive PDI. Also, click a picture of the VIN number (sticker on rear windshield). Only once you're satisfied, then make the rest of the payment.

Even after making the complete payment (including bank loan), Neo Nissan tried to hold on to the final invoice and kept pushing for insurance from the showroom instead of outside as promised. We had to waste numerous hours waiting (because of false promises) and arguing with them to get the invoice.
united is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 21:46   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Please do not make any further payments, especially if you're getting it financed from a bank as well. Neo Nissan will keep bugging you for payments (I've witnessed their call conversations among each other saying 'why didn't that customer pay yet') and they will try to get all the money out of you.

Try to first get a car allocated and do an extensive PDI. Also, click a picture of the VIN number (sticker on rear windshield). Only once you're satisfied, then make the rest of the payment.

Even after making the complete payment (including bank loan), Neo Nissan tried to hold on to the final invoice and kept pushing for insurance from the showroom instead of outside as promised. We had to waste numerous hours waiting (because of false promises) and arguing with them to get the invoice.
Thanks for your advise. I guess Neo Nissan is the worst Nissan dealer in India. Nobody else on this thread has posted such bad experiences with other Nissan dealers but I have heard atleast 5 members complain about their experience with Neo. I wonder if Nissan India has any control over their dealers and whether they take cognizance of repeat complaints about a dealer
akg7091 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 21:04   #974
BHPian

Quote:

You should write an escalation email directly to their top management. It should ideally work. I did the same for my Sonet. I wrote to the head of Sales in Bangalore. Immediately he instructed the dealer to meet my requirements and the same day I received a call from my SE and the delivery is next week. How was it that they were able to allot me the vehicle so quick? So nothing like a strong escalation can bring these dealers to their senses and knees. Also threaten to expose them on all media fronts. If Nissan India wants to stay then they better listen to every single customer query.
chetancm7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 21:52   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetancm7 View Post
You should write an escalation email directly to their top management. It should ideally work. I did the same for my Sonet. I wrote to the head of Sales in Bangalore. Immediately he instructed the dealer to meet my requirements and the same day I received a call from my SE and the delivery is next week. How was it that they were able to allot me the vehicle so quick? So nothing like a strong escalation can bring these dealers to their senses and knees. Also threaten to expose them on all media fronts. If Nissan India wants to stay then they better listen to every single customer query.
I did that a few days ago and somebody from Nissan India called back and assured me I will get the car in Feb itself.

Most Viewed