Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2021, 20:36   #1021
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishnaKoka View Post
Would love to hear your opinions/point of view on which you believe is better package among the two.

I did a quick comparison and here’s a major difference between Kiger and Magnite in standard offerings. I was mainly looking into the functional differences so this doesn't cover everything.

I am surprised that Kiger doesn’t offer hill assist control in any variants.

So, Magnite is a clear winner on paper. It is 20k to 40K cheaper than Kiger in the equivalent CVT variants, offers more safety, and some useful functional features. The two areas where Kiger scores better than Magnite are boot space and 4 airbags in RXT and RXZ variants. However, take a test drive and decide which one makes you feel good and meets your requirements.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-kiger-vs-magnite1.jpg  

swoosh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 21:59   #1022

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
I did a quick comparison and here’s a major difference between Kiger and Magnite in standard offerings.
Very helpful comparison Swoosh. What do you think about the drive modes on Kiger? This appealed to me considering most of my usage maybe for city where I might end up using normal or eco but have the option of using Sport when the enthusiast in me kicks in. Maybe I am overthinking this feature.

One other thing I observed was the panels on Magnite flexed a bit too easily while Kiger seems a bit better in that department. Magnite did score 4star in the ASEAN NCAP and also has other safety features so maybe this is not as much of a concern.

Wasnt able to test drive the Kiger today. Will take a test drive this week and finalize between the two.

Last edited by KrishnaKoka : 15th February 2021 at 22:16.
KrishnaKoka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 23:24   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Very helpful comparison Swoosh. What do you think about the drive modes on Kiger?
Magnite does offer sport mode in CVT and that’s more than enough for occasional usage on the highway and uphill terrain. In my opinion, the driving modes do not make much difference unless there's adequate power to alter the throttle response and adjusts the suspension, steering feedback, traction control to feel the differences like moderately powered cars.

Quote:
Wasnt able to test drive the Kiger today. Will take a test drive this week and finalize between the two.
Please post your observations after test driving both these cars.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th February 2021 at 08:28. Reason: quote box fixed
Old 16th February 2021, 11:12   #1024

Didnt see any content online on how the drive modes on Kiger would be achieved and what the impact on power/torque be in these modes. Would be interested in knowing opinion of others here on how you perceive the lack of this feature on Magnite. I am interested in Manual so wouldnt get an option of Sport mode like the CVT does, hence trying to understand better.

Had driven the Magnite before I booked it. Had gone in with low hopes after reading all the comments about high vibration.. etc.. but had found it to be quite good especially after hitting steady speeds (had driven the Manual variant). The ride and suspension was also good for me. I expect Kiger to be same or similar but will post after driving it this week.

Assuming the drivability will be similar the key difference for me is a choice between Kiger with the drive modes and extra airbags vs Magnite with additional Safety features like ESP, Hill hold assist, Traction control and 360 camera.
KrishnaKoka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 15:37   #1025
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Would love to hear your opinions/point of view on which you believe is better package among the two.
Wait for the Team bhp official review before taking a call. They will point out all Pros and Cons of the Kiger and then you can compare, I'm sure there's a lotta people in the same boat as you.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 16:20   #1026

Absolutely fed up with the lousy and lethargic sales service from NEO NISSAN. It's been more than a month since I took delivery of my Magnite. The sales staff is not responding to calls anymore and used to constantly call when they needed payments. Even when they do respond, there are no timelines shared for estimated completion of smalls and minor tasks. Complete disregard for a customer's time as one has to keep following up on a daily basis for basic things.

I have not been able to enjoy my ownership experience at all due to such trivial matters. The dealership could have resolved them promptly but they end up creating a backlog at their end. I'm sure other customers must be facing similar issues as well.

Below are some of the pending issues after more than a month of owning the car -

1) Process of permanent registration was started on Feb 1 but was completed online after repeatedly following up on Feb 11. On Feb 11, I was able to create a digital RC at least for the time being. Since then, the smart card RC status is pending with no clear timelines by the dealership (image below). Processing its approval and dispatch is such a straight forward task but the dealership is slow as usual.

As I don't have a smart card RC, I am unable to endorse the registration number to my car insurance, as told by my insurance agent. Good thing I did not take insurance from the dealership. I would have rather preferred to get the car registered on my own had I known NEO NISSAN would be this slow.

2) They have pasted the fastag sticker on my car but the sticker is still not associated to my car or my mobile no. It's been more than a week since I've had the sticker, but it will not work as it's not mapped to my mobile no. or the car. I have been following up but there is no response yet. Why is the dealership charging for the fastag if they don't intend to provide the service! I could have applied for it myself and got it in a couple of days.

3) I paid for +3 years extended warranty and also for 5 years Gold Maintenance Package. I have not received any mail or documents either from the dealership or from Nissan directly as a mail. I am not sure whether Nissan even has email id updated in their system because the dealership is again - slow and lethargic. I would suggest people not to opt for these packages at the time of car purchase, but hold off on getting these packages in the initial 2-3 months. It would cost the same amount of money and will be less of a headache.

There are a few other concerns as well though I would want to forget them as they are quite trivial. I am certain this is not the last of it, and the after-sales experience will continue to be likewise at NEO NISSAN. A fantastic car being destroyed because of poor sales experience and mismanaged customer service.

Please opt for some other dealership in Delhi NCR if you're planning to purchase Magnite - and avoid NEO NISSAN at all costs (be it sales or service).
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-parivahan-rc-smart-card-pending-dl11cc3646.jpg  

united is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 19:51   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Nissan India plant in Oragadam near Chennai where the Magnite’s production is in full swing.

Nissan Magnite Review-20210216_193633.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-20210216_193637.jpg

Here are the engines for the Magnite being assembled to be dropped into the SUV.

Nissan Magnite Review-smartselect_20210216193746_twitter.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-smartselect_20210216193820_twitter.jpg

Body panels of the Magnite being stamped out

Nissan Magnite Review-smartselect_20210216193851_twitter.jpg

The Nissan Magnite and the Renault Kiger are both built together.

Nissan Magnite Review-smartselect_20210216193935_twitter.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-smartselect_20210216193952_twitter.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-20210216_194251.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 05:07   #1028
BHPian

Visited both showrooms and took a test-drive of the Magnite CVT. Will update this comparo after I've had a TD of the Kiger Turbo NA later today.
My impressions:
* While Kiger seems more photogenic and appealed to me in pictures, it isn't as impressive or imposing on the road as the Magnite. The Mag has a proper SUV-ish feel to it, while the Kiger leaves a not-quite-there-yet feeling.
* With rear central armrests being the norm and not the exception, most vehicles we checked out felt like they were four-seaters because no one can sit comfortably in the middle of the rear bench. Kiger and Magnite (which offers non-armrest-ed backseat for its base NA variant) felt comfortable at the back.
* The driver's armrest for both vehicles are not as useful as I'd imagined that they would be.
* The storage cubbyholes that Renault has packed into the Kiger is amazing! Compared to that, Magnite's storage spaces seem spartan!
* That said, it felt as if the Magnite's 336L boot was bigger than the Kiger's 405L one. Quite possibly, the Magnite's boot is a tad deeper than the Kiger's (which is wider), which creates this illusion.
* The doors - especially the rear ones - seem to open wider on the Kiger than on the Magnite. But thanks to its taller cabin, ingress and egress on the Magnite is not any more difficult. Six of one, or half a dozen of the other, I'd say.
* The fabric finish on Magnite's higher-ends beats the Kiger's plasticky doors.
* The overall finish of the interiors felt better on the Magnite (despite it seeming more spartan) than on the Kiger. Kiger's solid plastic surfaces look like they will crack in a spot or two in the next 10 years.
* Despite being taller on paper, Kiger feels like it has a shorter cabin than the Magnite. With the latter, I could climb in without a problem; Kiger required a slight lowering of the head.
* The handbrake positioning on both vehicles is sub-optimal. Kiger places it right next to the passenger seat where someone could pull on it by mistake while reaching for the seatbelt lock. Magnite's handbrake lever is in its traditional spot next to the driver, but its stalk covers the gear notations on the CVT. Makes it tricky for first-time CVT drivers.
* The digital displays on the Kiger do seem cleaner and more 'mature', while Magnite's display and animations feel cartoonish. Functionally, no difference though.

Price-wise, I'd say the two are rather evenly matched - what one misses, the other has, and vice versa. But if you look at what gives you the core elements you need for driving comfortably (TPMS, Hill-start Assist, CVT vs AMT) at a particular price point, the Magnite edges out the Kiger.
ChevyTeddy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 05:41   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by united View Post
Absolutely fed up with the lousy and lethargic sales service from NEO NISSAN. I have not been able to enjoy my ownership experience at all due to such trivial matters. The dealership could have resolved them promptly but they end up creating a backlog at their end.

Please opt for some other dealership in Delhi NCR if you're planning to purchase Magnite - and avoid NEO NISSAN at all costs (be it sales or service).
Other than Neo Nissan (who I will not be buying from ) how has the experience been with other dealerships? Anyone else who's taken delivery of their Magnite - how was your experience?

There are only two things holding me back from booking a Magnite right away - can't bear to part with my Ritz and not sure if switching to a single-dealer-in-a-city Nissan is safe! Even my b-i-l is considering the Nexon over the Magnite mainly because of concerns over the ASS for Nissan.
ChevyTeddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 16:29   #1030
Distinguished - BHPian

Made a quick comparison on Magnite vs Kiger features (common spec not listed here)

Nissan Magnite Review-magnite-vs-kiger2.jpg
Mr.Boss is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 22:07   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Made a quick comparison on Magnite vs Kiger features (common spec not listed here)

Attachment 2122764
Very interesting and useful comparison data, simply Magnite offers more value for money features , but few things which I'm in favour of Kiger are the rear ac vents starting from the 2nd variant & 4 airbags option.

Hope the next facelift will at least move the rear ac vent to XV variant and add 2 more side airbags for complete peace of mind
starke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 19:26   #1032
BHPian

Test drove the CVT today and it is swaying me away from my Sonet DCT booking. I found the urban driving experience a little better in Magnite due to the nice transmission and braking. It does fall short in interior quality, but paying close to 2L more OTR for the Sonet HTK+ DCT is questionable.
nma83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 19:47   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Test drove the CVT today and it is swaying me away from my Sonet DCT booking. I found the urban driving experience a little better in Magnite due to the nice transmission and braking. It does fall short in interior quality, but paying close to 2L more OTR for the Sonet HTK+ DCT is questionable.
I had the exact same thoughts, only when we were looking, test drives for the Magnite weren't available yet. However we did feel that at the price point of the HTK+ DCT, the feature set does not make it VFM. On the other hand the Magnite hit it out of the ballpark.

We only chose the Ecosport over the Magnite because of the build quality and ride of the Ecosport and the TC gearbox was more suited to my driving style.

I would recommend taking your family along for another test drive of the Magnite and go with whatever pulls at your heart more.
Old 18th February 2021, 22:03   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
I had the exact same thoughts, only when we were looking, test drives for the Magnite weren't available yet. However we did feel that at the price point of the HTK+ DCT, the feature set does not make it VFM. On the other hand the Magnite hit it out of the ballpark.

We only chose the Ecosport over the Magnite because of the build quality and ride of the Ecosport and the TC gearbox was more suited to my driving style.

I would recommend taking your family along for another test drive of the Magnite and go with whatever pulls at your heart more.
Oh I did take my better half for the TD and she liked it too. Ecosport is mechanically the better car but the glitzy (Magnite) and over-glitzy (Sonet) instruments do make their mark .
Old 18th February 2021, 22:16   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Oh I did take my better half for the TD and she liked it too. Ecosport is mechanically the better car but the glitzy (Magnite) and over-glitzy (Sonet) instruments do make their mark .
Yes, even my younger siblings were smitten by the features on the Sonet but me and my dad just wanted the basics: Bluetooth connectivity and any kind of navigation assistance as we prefered the driving characteristics more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks