Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2021, 07:43   #1216
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post

I am posting this here because my father's friend also took delivery of Magnite a few weeks back, and he is also facing issues with his brand new car.
His car is kaput, and the dealer is saying issues with the turbocharger & they want to replace it. The car is brand new & barely used as of now.

Since both cars share the same platform & manufactured at the same plant, I feel there is something terribly wrong with these two cars. I hope these are just one-of-a-case scenario and to date, I haven't come across anyone reporting severe issues with these two models.
There are a few cases reported on YouTube and the owners forums on other platforms. With their limited service network and unacceptably long times resolving bricked turbos / leaking CVTs, it's made me rethink the purchase and cancel my booking. Even if the failure rate is only as much as any other vehicle's, it's still a larger-than-expected proportion of the actual deliveries they have made (averaging at 3200 units per month). You could get a vehicle that's problem free, but there's no guarantee you won't have to wait for weeks for a technician to get your vehicle moving again. Worst case scenario, you get stranded in the middle of the road during a trip without a Nissan service center around for 50kms!
Old 27th July 2021, 18:15   #1217
BHPian

I cancelled my booking with Surya Nissan a week ago over an email. Given the stories of how dealers often make you sweat for a refund, I was expecting some sort of a delay. Thankfully, the process was quite smooth and I've received my refund today. Just thought I'll reassure people who might be worried about this part of the process.
ChevyTeddy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 18:46   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
I cancelled my booking with Surya Nissan a week ago over an email.... Just thought I'll reassure people who might be worried about this part of the process.
I actually sent them a cancellation email on July 10th. I am still waiting for an acknowledgement forget the refund.

Can you please let me know to whom you sent the mail to? I remember including Nissan Customer Service, Surya Nissan Sales Manager and CRM.

Maybe I actually missed someone who can help sort out this mess.
Old 28th July 2021, 11:32   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
I actually sent them a cancellation email on July 10th. I am still waiting for an acknowledgement forget the refund.

Can you please let me know to whom you sent the mail to? I remember including Nissan Customer Service, Surya Nissan Sales Manager and CRM.
If it is the Marathahalli Branch, talk to Mr Vishnuvardhan - he is the SM and has been very upfront in my experience. Not sure about his counterparts in other branches.

These are the email IDs I reached out to: [Mods, am assuming this is okay since these are not any individual's email IDs - please let me know if this should have been DM'd instead]
teamleader@suryanissan.in, cresales1@suryanissan.in, srcrm@suryanissan.co.in, crm@suryanissan.in, salesmanager@suryanissan.in, gmsales@suryanissan.co.in

You will need to attach scanned copies of your booking receipt and a cancelled cheque leaf for your account details.
ChevyTeddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 19:10   #1220

I was initially looking at upgrading from my 2013 eon to a tiago top variant. The only things missing in the tiago from my perspective, were larger tyres and higher ground clearance since I have to drive through water-logged areas in Mumbai. So, when the magnite and kiger launched a sub-segment of their own, I took a test drive of both. In my opinion the magnite variants are more value for money and I got all the essential safety gear on the magnite XV turbo MT.
I booked the car on 19th July from Etco Nissan in Navi Mumbai. The sales executive was firm that no discounts can be offered and that the logistic charges (6500 Rs) are from Nissan itself and I am free to contact them. On the insurance front, when I told him that the quote is twice the amount from policybazaar he said he will try to negotiate on that front before actual delivery. I only received a congratulatory mail from Nissan India on 22nd July but it did not contain any reference number. Moreover, the TrackMyCar link on Nissan’s website showed that my number is not registered with them. My sales executive asked me to wait for 1-2 weeks for the records to update.
I finally wrote a mail to Nissan customer care yesterday airing my concerns about waiving logistic charges and issues in TrackMyCar tracking. I got a callback today from their customer care department.
As regards my concern on TrackMyCar issues, the executive told me that they update the records monthly once on the 15th. Since I booked it on 19th, the records would only reflect after 15th August. I’m surprised that with all the digitization that has happened, they are only updating/refreshing the status once a month. I will wait and watch in this regard.
The executive then tells me that logistic charges are “local charges” that dealer levies and incurs. That I need to co-ordinate with the dealer alone to have them waived. I asked him to put it in writing and I’m quoting his reply that I received via email:

Quote:
As per our telephonic conversation regarding your concern related to logistics charges for the purchase of All New Nissan Magnite, we would like to inform you that logistics charges are local charges that the dealer would incur for helping a smooth delivery to you.

These will include fuel in the car at the time of delivery, transit insurance risk and other associated costs towards delivery of the car.

Also, we request you to get in touch with your dealer if you would like more details on the charges and if you need them to waive the charges.
I’ve seen in the thread that a couple of tbhpians were able to get the charges waived by writing to Nissan. Can anyone guide me on how to escalate this further.
Old 30th July 2021, 22:02   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnerd View Post
I was initially looking at upgrading from my 2013 eon to a tiago top variant.
Please escalate the matter to Nissan India. My dealer in Kolkata, Autorelli Nissan categorically told me that its illegal to charge handling charges from consumers.

Last edited by vb-saan : 31st July 2021 at 09:09. Reason: For better reading experience (especially from smartphones) please do not quote the whole post. Thank you!
Old 1st August 2021, 21:03   #1222

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftvxi06 View Post
Please escalate the matter to Nissan India. My dealer in Kolkata, Autorelli Nissan categorically told me that its illegal to charge handling charges from consumers.
Thanks for the confirmation. Any email ids of senior Nissan executives I could write to? The customer care executive basically told me it's upto me to negotiate with dealer and that it's a local charge! Whatever that means...
Quote:
Originally Posted by castiel View Post
I got the same deal now. It appears based on my email to Nissan they must have talked to dealer resulting in this new deal. Another person from dealer called me today to confirm on both points and in response i have withdrawn my complaint. I thank you for posting your experience which made me look into the quote in detail
Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
FYI - after my complaint and escalation to Nissan India, Neo Nissan has

1 ) Removed the handling charges from all bookings. If you have a booking with handling charge get it removed. Their new pricing sheet has NO HANDLING CHARGES
2 ) Agreed to either match my insurance quote or let me take the insurance from outside

Guys, Nissan India has changed. They are aggressive and seem to have tightened control over the dealers. One escalation email and the dealer's tone changed from "we can cancel your booking and refund you the amount immediately" to "why did you complain to Nissan"

If things go this way Nissan India's fortunes will rise again. Good for the consumer to have an underdog challenge HMIL and MSIL
Hi @castiel & @akg, could you guys help with me the contact information on how you escalated this issue? My initial email to customercare.nissan@email.nissan.in has not yielded anything. The responded the very next day though.
Old 2nd August 2021, 11:37   #1223
BHPian

Nissan MAGNITE 1.0 Turbo MT trashes Maruti VITARA BREZZA 1.5 NA MT in a drag race by POWERDRFIT.

BREZZA is quite old now, Maruti should replace the car ASAP before the sales go down.
MAGNITE should aim the BREZZA in sales as well, looks like BREZZA is the top selling UV for July 21. Meanwhile Cyrus gels well with the POWERDRFIT team.
Old 4th August 2021, 21:47   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnerd View Post
Thanks for the confirmation. Any email ids of senior Nissan executives I could write to? The customer care executive basically told me it's upto me to negotiate with dealer and that it's a local charge! Whatever that means...

Hi @castiel & @akg, could you guys help with me the contact information on how you escalated this issue? My initial email to customercare.nissan@email.nissan.in has not yielded anything. The responded the very next day though.
I wrote to various Nissan Top Honchos by looking up their linkedin and trying combinations of email addresses tested on an email verification service. Took an hour but was worth it I guess. This purchase was seriously the worst car buying experience I could have imagined. It helped that in my case I had already negotiated and documented all points via email dated 10th Nov 2020, and once the dealer tantrums started I sent an email to nissan

Edit : Nissan customer support is useless. I actually complained to Nissan execs about the lack of any support / reply by Nissan customer support. The CS team just redirects you to the dealer. They don't do anything. The car is extremely nice and VFM but the support is non-existent

Last edited by akg7091 : 4th August 2021 at 21:49.
Old 9th August 2021, 15:07   #1225
BHPian

has anyone used the exchange offer on nissan website to buy a magnite ? has it been effective ?
Old 17th August 2021, 16:25   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
If it is the Marathahalli Branch, talk to Mr Vishnuvardhan - he is the SM and has been very upfront in my experience. Not sure about his counterparts in other branches.

You will need to attach scanned copies of your booking receipt and a cancelled cheque leaf for your account details.
Thanks @ChevyTeddy. Forgot to update it here but I did get my refund in about 1 month of placing the cancellation request.
JithinR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 17:10   #1227
BHPian

Has anyone been delivered any Magnite's in Bangalore/anywhere?

I see an absolute lack of intent from the dealer to get a booking once the test drives are done. I did a test drive maybe 20 days back and not even a single call after that to follow up. I was interested to book it but the guy who came told me just to book on the website.

There is no intent to sell the Magnite maybe due to too many bookings? or some production-related strike that they had at their plant recently?
Old 2nd September 2021, 18:10   #1228
BHPian

Magnite bookings cross 60000 mark! This itself is an achievement of sorts for Nissan India.

News Link
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 18:31   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
Magnite bookings cross 60000 mark! This itself is an achievement of sorts for Nissan India.
They had 35k bookings during first month itself.

https://www.rushlane.com/nissan-magn...-12388843.html

They need to deliver faster or people would shift looking at launches planned.

Cmon Nissan, dont mess up Magnite.
Old 2nd September 2021, 18:56   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
They need to deliver faster or people would shift looking at launches planned.
Yeah its a pity that they cannot deliver the quantity.

They can look at contract manufacturing at Ford's unutilized capacity.

It would be only Nissan India now, that can spell doom for them.

Most Viewed