Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2021, 10:31   #1246
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

11.08 Lakh for the DT Turbo XV Premium. Oof. That's really pricey and now puts in direct league against Nexon top end.

Do we know if the price hike would also be applicable to those who have already pre-booked the cars or is this only to those who would be booking now?
Old 21st October 2021, 17:32   #1247
BHPian

New Nissan Magnite XV Executive Variant Launch Soon.

Nissan Magnite Review-nissanmagnitexvexecutivevariantdetails.jpg
Source: https://www.rushlane.com/new-nissan-...-12415599.html
r-a-s is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:02   #1248
BHPian

Thats quite a price difference between Kolkata and Bangalore. I bought my Magnite Turbo XL Manual for Rs 8.40 lakhs (inclusive of Rs 17k Gold care maintenance plan) in April this year. Thankfully I didnt have had to pay the increased price (price hike in April) since I paid the amount fully on the day of booking on 31st March 2021 and got delivery on 12th April 2021.
Old 31st October 2021, 09:20   #1249

I do not see too many user reviews of the Magnite XV CVT on this forum. I had booked one in March 2021, no insight on the final delivery date as yet. I would appreciate it if any users can drop in a few liners on the ownership experience, especially that of the CVT. Also some input on the Mumbai dealership/service experience would be great.
Reason for asking is that in case there is some red flag out there , it would be good to know so that I can put in a cancellation.
Old 8th November 2021, 13:21   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nester View Post
Reason for asking is that in case there is some red flag out there , it would be good to know so that I can put in a cancellation.
I have been using XV PRE CVT since Feb and no issues so far regarding CVT. There is rattling issues and visibility issues during rains - no other issues so far. I know 5 other people who use CVT (XL/XV/XV Pre) and all of them are happy with how the CVT transmission performs.

I am getting around 14 KMPL (measured using tank full method) and my usage pattern is approximately 60% on highways and 20% city 20% village roads. If you drive sedately, you can expect around 16 KMPL average.

Last edited by dudevarkey : 8th November 2021 at 13:22.
dudevarkey is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 18:36   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nester View Post
I do not see too many user reviews of the Magnite XV CVT on this forum. I had booked one in March 2021, no insight on the final delivery date as yet. I would appreciate it if any users can drop in a few liners on the ownership experience, especially that of the CVT. Also some input on the Mumbai dealership/service experience would be great.
While I myself am not a Magnite owner, two of my very close friends did buy the car as it created quite a bit of buzz. Apart from the (very) delayed delivery of their vehicles, they have had no issues with the car's performance but have had plenty of QC issues with both their cars. Creaks and rattles are common and both have only done about 3k kms. One of them has been very vocal about the engine note being too loud and not in a good way. The CVT is a joy to use, plain and simple. Nissan has had issues with their CVT transmission in the past so fingers crossed with regards to the reliability of this unit.

Dealership response is slow with regards to problems and service team are silent when we pointed out issues that no car should have (parts falling off like the roof mounted reading lamp, rattling IRVM, suspension thumping noise when going over speed breakers). These are issues that prospective buyers need to be aware of.

No doubt, the Magnite is a strong seller with very good performance. It even looks pretty good, but otherwise very underwhelming in terms of fit, finish and service.
Ankit998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 20:05   #1252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankit998 View Post
Apart from the (very) delayed delivery of their vehicles good, but otherwise very underwhelming in terms of fit, finish and service.
I know of at least 3 friends who booked Magnite and then cancelled due to endless delivery delays. I think Nissan lost its initial sales momentum as they could not deliver the car on-time to prospective customers. Hope things improve once the chip shortage is behind us.
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 14:28   #1253
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Magnite deliveries hit 30,000 mark in less than a year since launch.

Quote:
Nissan says it has received 72,000 bookings for Magnite SUV since its launch in December of 2020.
Nissan Magnite Review-20211126_142440.jpg

Quote:
The 30,000th unit was handed over to a customer at a ceremony held at a Nissan dealership in Gurugram.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 26th November 2021 at 14:35.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 11:00   #1254
BHPian

Here are the images of Nissan Magnite XV Executive (Turbo) model

Nissan Magnite Review-1.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-2.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-3.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-4.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 30th November 2021 at 05:25. Reason: Images watermarked
swiftvxi06 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 10:38   #1255
BHPian

Good to see the efforts put up by Nissan in the Indian market. Nissan please bring more machines to the Indian market and continue strengthening your market.
Old 30th November 2021, 22:22   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Nissan Magnite deliveries hit 30,000 mark in less than a year since launch.
It's been a year and they are still basking in the glory of Magnite.
I have expected better from them at least a refresh with a few added features to kicks or at the very least a timeline for upcoming launches only if they have planned anything.
Old 13th December 2021, 15:23   #1257
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

One of my close friend is planning to buy Nissan Magnite CVT. Is there any specific review on Magnite CVT?
Anyone who is driving CVT can please share the driving experience of Magnite CVT?
His driving is 95% city driving and he is worried about the quality of Magnite CVT for city driving like any niggles/concerns and how is the Nissan ASS overall in Bangalore. Also I was going through this forum and found out that waiting period is high. Is it applicable now also. TIA!!!
Old 13th December 2021, 17:02   #1258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govs View Post
Hi Bhpians,

One of my close friend is planning to buy Nissan Magnite CVT. Is there any specific review on Magnite CVT?
Anyone who is driving CVT can please share the driving experience of Magnite CVT?
His driving is 95% city driving and he is worried about the quality of Magnite CVT for city driving like any niggles/concerns and how is the Nissan ASS overall in Bangalore. Also I was going through this forum and found out that waiting period is high. Is it applicable now also. TIA!!!
Magnite is a good car and fantastic value for money at least before the multiple price hikes. I booked the top-end CVT model in Dec 2020. However had to cancel the booking after a 12 month wait due to endless delivery delays and poor response from the sales team. I always had to call and drop multiple email to get any response from the Nissan Dealer.

Looking at this kind of attitude I understood that service may turn out be bigger issue in the long run. Based on the current sales figures it seems that current service setup will come under pressure sooner than later. The wait times are still higher, so better to look for some other options too.
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 09:48   #1259

I can confirm on the long waiting period - I had booked the CVT late March 2021, the Nissan site says delivery expected around March 2022. I am not very confident about this date too as it has got moved a couple of times already.

Last edited by Nester : 14th December 2021 at 10:03. Reason: Made a typo in the expected delivery date ( should reach March 22 and not March 21 )
Old 14th December 2021, 21:52   #1260

After an arduous wait of 10 months, I finally saw our Magnite XV Premium CVT in the dealer stockyard. Will be delivered once the RTO process is complete.

The sales staff has been active only around the date of our car's arrival. As some members pointed out - Nissan needs to improve its communication on a war footing. The company cannot expect customers to have the patience to drop a dozen emails about the delivery of their own vehicle.

Nonetheless, the car looks absolutely smashing. Pleasing interiors, and a long list of features. This is going to be a big upgrade over our Alto. Will keep the members posted about the ownership experience
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-img_20211214_130712880_hdr.jpg  

pradyumnakalagi is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks