Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2022, 21:23   #1276
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Turbo CVT - Buying & Initial Ownership Experience

Congratulations for the car. I was in market for same set of cars and opted for Punch AMT. I had liked the Magnite for its looks and space but refrained due to Nissan brand. How is the fuel efficiency of this CVT version ?
Old 13th March 2022, 21:38   #1277

Thanks abhi_krao... I had the same doubts about the Nissan brand and service network, but so far I am happy to say no issues at all. Still early days though...

From what I have seen the fuel efficiency remains around 11Kmpl in the city. When running on the highway, it goes up to 15/16 Kmpl. This data is from what's displayed on the car trip meter.

I have also checked using the full tank method for the 2 road trips and it was between 13-14 both times. Note that this includes highway travel (mostly) along with local city travel at the source and destination.

Thank you swiftvxi06. Really good to hear from you, especially since you were one of my inspirations for buying the Magnite...

I have another trip planned next weekend... will keep the forum updated..

Last edited by bblost : 13th March 2022 at 22:35. Reason: back to back.
kolrahul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 22:27   #1278
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Rahul, welcome to the forum. Nice, crisp, well articulated, buying experience of your Magnite. Keep updating this thread as you put up more numbers on your odo.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 17:55   #1279
BANNED

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

How is the highway driving experience ? Couldn't do this during TD
Old 18th March 2022, 18:53   #1280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolrahul View Post

To summarize, the Magnite is a genuine “Value for Money”...

I would highly recommend the Magnite to anyone looking for a Compact SUV.
Congratulations on the excellent choice

If one is looking for a subcompact AT crossover, Magnite 1.0 CVT is my recommendation No.1 these days. Along with excellent engine/gearbox combo, the respectable GNCAP rating(4* with stable bodyshell) has made it the best VFM automatic in the segment

Last edited by SoumenD : 18th March 2022 at 18:54.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 23:30   #1281
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Any input on magnite behaviour in 90 - 110km/hr range ?
Old 22nd March 2022, 05:26   #1282
BHPian

Quote:
Extremely stable and inspires confidence till 140 odd beyond which the steering feels too light
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 11:55   #1283
Senior - BHPian

Nissan India rolls out the 50,000 Magnite at its plant in Chennai.

Nissan Magnite Review-smartselect_20220322112717_chrome.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-smartselect_20220322112706_chrome.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-smartselect_20220322112728_chrome.jpg

Link (Nissan India rolls out the 50,000th Magnite)
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 12:45   #1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Congratulations on the excellent choice

If one is looking for a subcompact AT crossover, Magnite 1.0 CVT is my recommendation No.1 these days. Along with excellent engine/gearbox combo, the respectable GNCAP rating(4* with stable bodyshell) has made it the best VFM automatic in the segment
Thanks Soumen.. and totally agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Congratulations Rahul, welcome to the forum. Nice, crisp, well articulated, buying experience of your Magnite. Keep updating this thread as you put up more numbers on your odo.
Thanks goandude

Quote:
Quote:
The Magnite is extremely smooth to drive and feels very stable on the highway. No rolling and steering is just perfect.
So far completed 1700+ Km on the highways and fully satisfied with the experience. I have mostly not gone beyond 100-105 though, so cannot comment on higher speeds.
Old 24th March 2022, 11:57   #1285
BHPian

Dear Nissan Magnite Owners,

I have always owned big cars in my life. Starting with Contessa Classic when I was 24, to Cielo, to Scorpio, to Toyota Camry followed by Grand Vitara 2.0 and Grand Vitara 2.4.

Being in Delhi I had to sell my Toyota Camry and Grand Vitara 2.0 as both these are completing 15 years in the end of 2022. Now I have only the Grand Vitara 2.4L Manual 2012 left with me.

I wanted to buy a second car, primarily for my wife and daughter to drive. They insist that they need a smaller car, and preferably an automatic, they just can't handle a big car like the Camry which we owned till now. Being 6 ft tall and used to big cards, I narrowed down on the Tata Nexon and Nissan Magnite Automatic. My wife and daughter could drive it regularly and I could also drive it occasionally.

I just came across a 2021 Nissan Magnite XV CVT TURBO Petrol Automatic 2021 12K Kms done. The seller is asking for 9.5 for this.
I see that the on-road price price for this in Delhi would be around 10.5 Lakh. What would be a good price to offer for this pre-owned one ?

Looking for advice from Magnite owners here.

Thanks.
Styler
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-magnite2021.jpg  

Last edited by Styler : 24th March 2022 at 12:08.
Styler is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 21:12   #1286
BHPian

The magnite is a super awesome car and the value on offer is too good to ignore. Not gonna comment on the price but you won't go wrong with the car
akg7091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 22:29   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post

I just came across a 2021 Nissan Magnite XV CVT TURBO Petrol Automatic 2021 12K Kms done. The seller is asking for 9.5 for this.
I see that the on-road price price for this in Delhi would be around 10.5 Lakh. What would be a good price to offer for this pre-owned one ?

Looking for advice from Magnite owners here.

Thanks.
Styler
You can definitely go ahead with the car. Apparently from the picture it looks like a very well maintained Magnite XV CVT. Any reason why the owner is selling the car ?
I have been using a Turbo Magnite XL (manual) since the last 11 months and all I can say is its a very competent, fuel efficient and value for money compact SUV. I am very happy with the product as well as the service of the Nissan dealer in Kolkata.
swiftvxi06 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 22:53   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post

I'm not a Magnite owner but for a 1 lakh rupee difference, wouldn't it be better to buy a brand new Magnite in the color and variant of your family's preference? Additionally, you can bargain for free accessories and discounts as well.

Just want to add, if an automatic is the preference, then Magnite's CVT would definitely be better than the Nexon's AMT.
Doonite is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 19:54   #1289
BANNED

Finally, after some confusion, deliberation, confusion, I went ahead and booked XV CVT. Expecting delivery in a month.

I started my search for 7 seater, and Crysta was the obvious choice. But since new Crysta is coming early next year, I thought I will wait for it. Didn't consider xuv700 and safari due to multiple reasons

Since I started search and I also need a small car, I moved ahead and evaluated multiple cars, before finalizing Magnite.

Requirements: CSUV, AT, Petrol, good safety features,

- Nexon was my first choice, but felt its AMT is too primitive. I assume Punch AMT will also be like this
- TD S Cross, though it's not CSUV. Felt bit underpowered.
- TD New Baleno. AMT felt much much better than Nexon. Drive is satisfactory even though it's not turbo. Interior is also excellent. But bit skeptical about build quality.. Also, it's seating is like sedan, not of SUV. Am impressed with customer handling by Next showroom.
- Altroz DCA is bit underpowered, based on reviews, and don't have ESP. Also DCA is new here and worried about initial hiccups
- Kiger don't have ESP, and seems hill hold is also missing. How?

So latched on to Magnite, even though it's interiors are bit ordinary , my 13 yrs old Civic is better than it. Also do have some apprehension about Nissan's fate in India, but hope Kiger would survive . Over the phone, dealer sounded mute, but found dealable when I visited the showroom.

What I liked about it: Turbo, CVT, Looks, 4 star crash rating, ESP, Hill hold, Space utilization, Build, security features, VFM factors, high stance, useful boot, 2nd row can fit 3 medium adults.

What I didn't like: Not much color options, useless armrest, average plastic dash.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by Aditya : 4th April 2022 at 05:06.
swageo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 20:25   #1290
BHPian

I went to Nissan showroom to inquire on Kicks AT but SA discourage me and pushed towards Magnite. He mentioned 7 seat Magnite is coming and Nissan is relaunching Sunny within this year. Waiting period for Magnite CVT is 6 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks