Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2022, 11:28   #1336
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
When you start the car, it shows a message "ECO Mode Turned Off" in the infotainment system - but there is no option to turn it on or off by ourselves..
This is unacceptable carelessness from a Japanese co like Nissan. I have also seen this msg and this leads to all the confusion.

Any email id available of the product manager at Nissan? I would like to write to him along with the issue of the steering mounted switches.
Old 23rd May 2022, 11:58   #1337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saugdas View Post
Any email id available of the product manager at Nissan? I would like to write to him along with the issue of the steering mounted switches.
I do not have any email ids except the customer care; and they do not care to give contact details of higher officials except the Area Service Manager and contacting ASM for such issues is of no use.

What happened to steering mounted switches. I had some issue with the OK button on the right side (OK switch of MID). I had raised a complaint and got my entire steering wheel replaced under warranty.
Old 23rd May 2022, 12:03   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
What happened to steering mounted switches. I had some issue with the OK button on the right side (OK switch of MID). I had raised a complaint and got my entire steering wheel replaced under warranty.
I have the same problem. Infact all the switches on the right side of steering are functioning abnormally. Few doesnt work ever and few are random. They have also offered me to replace the steering wheel. Am waiting for the part to arrive. This means Magnite does have some issue on this part.

Is it safe to replace the steering wheel? How long did it take? And is it perfect after the replacement?
Old 23rd May 2022, 13:16   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
Is it safe to replace the steering wheel? How long did it take? And is it perfect after the replacement?
There is no harm in getting the steering wheel replaced - doesn't take much time. Mine is perfect now.
dudevarkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 10:46   #1340
BHPian

Requesting members in this forum to share any email id available for the sr management at nissan on product quality or crm.

Quote:
There is no harm in getting the steering wheel replaced - doesn't take much time. Mine is perfect now.
How long did they take to arrange the spare ? I am already waiting for more than a week
Old 25th May 2022, 11:28   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
How long did they take to arrange the spare ? I am already waiting for more than a week
Took around a month.

What I meant with didn't take much time is - after the part arrived at the service centre, it didn't take much time.

Last edited by dudevarkey : 25th May 2022 at 11:30.
dudevarkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 22:28   #1342
BHPian

I test driven this car last weekend and my feeling was "WOW". How peppy is this 1 L turbo engine is ! Planning to book Turbo XV premium variant. Also went to Kia showroom and the treatment was not good.
Kia guys seem to be very arrogant due to their good success.

Anyway,I liked ride quality, build quality, and other features of Maginte. Only negative is the short armrest and I couldn't even put my hand comfortably. Just wonder if there is any way i can replace with some after market longer armrest. Experts pls let me know.

Last edited by dilsoft : 30th May 2022 at 22:29.
Old 1st June 2022, 21:08   #1343
Senior - BHPian

Nissan India celebrates latest milestone of 1Lakh bookings of the Magnite.

Nissan Magnite Review-20220601_210700.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 02:33   #1344
BHPian

Hello Folks

I am currently in a fix as one of my cars is about to hit end of its life ( Daamn the 10 year rule). Its a 2013 Skoda Rapid 1.6 Tdi - the top spec elegance of those times.

What an amazing car it has been - excellent pick up, great mileage and a beautiful experience with Skoda ASS. It has been inexpensive to maintain - I have driven 85000 kms and it never even asked for a clutch repalcement. Now the problem is that 7 months are left in its life.

I am currently looking out for a CSUV - mandatorily automatic - has to be a safe car with good build and good efficiency - Already have an MG hector DCT top Sharp( Top Spec) and everyone in family loves that way the car is.

I have my eyes set on Magnite CVT turbo and happened to recently test drive one.

The SA came in for a home test drive.

The car was disgustingly dirty from inside and the moment I sat on the wheel i saw a TPMS warning. I asked him what is that for - he was casual about it. Just around the corner of my society - there is a tyre guy and he identified a puncture. I was amazed at how careless the SA was about this fact.

After this, the TD went fuss free but I face two issues, want some of the owners to also confirm.

1) The AC of the TD vehicle was not effective - Infact i neveer felt that it was able to even cool the cabin - it kept tripping on and off whenever I moved from a stand still

2) There was excessive idle vibration in the car - I have never seen so much vibration in any other car - so much so that the front passenger seat was also vibrating along with the car vibration when it was left empty.

I asked the SA about these issues - and told him that if he wants this booking - he has to take the car back, fix these issues and bring back to me with why these occured and I will give him a booking

What are the owners experiences with the above two points
Also, a deep stress on the fuel economy please, with a guzzler (read MG hector) already in my Garage - I am looking for something that gives good fuel economy.

Thanks in advance folks

Last edited by don_carmaster : 6th June 2022 at 02:36.
don_carmaster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 18:01   #1345
BHPian

DO NOT go for the magnite. A lot of QC issues. My car has had

1 ) One door handle replaced ( chrome peeled off - they replaced only the driver handle though 3 handles had the same issue ). They refused to replace the chrome on the accessories I had bought even though that too is peeling / rusting. I wash the car once a month / 2 weeks using ph neutral car wash and a pressure washer set on low pressure with RO water. Can't do anything more than this to protect the paint. None of the other cars in the house had chrome rusting issues in the past two decades.
2 ) HU replaced
3 ) Bonnet repainted ( paint started peeling off within a year - I have got ceramic coating done )
4 ) AC trips on idle ( but works v well if the car is moving )
5 ) Power window switch replaced

Car is a year old and has done 10k. I know I should be encouraging people to buy the magnite so Nissan doesn't leave India but have to state facts. The car itself is wonderful. Very good cvt. Good performance in city / highways. Mileage if you drive sedately is 20+ on the highways ( turbo cvt )
akg7091 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 20:26   #1346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
DO NOT go for the magnite. A lot of QC issues. My car has had

1 ) One door handle replaced ( chrome peeled off - they replaced only the driver handle though 3 handles had the same issue ). They refused to replace the chrome on the accessories I had bought even though that too is peeling / rusting. I wash the car once a month / 2 weeks using ph neutral car wash and a pressure washer set on low pressure with RO water. Can't do anything more than this to protect the paint. None of the other cars in the house had chrome rusting issues in the past two decades.
2 ) HU replaced
3 ) Bonnet repainted ( paint started peeling off within a year - I have got ceramic coating done )
4 ) AC trips on idle ( but works v well if the car is moving )
5 ) Power window switch replaced

Car is a year old and has done 10k. I know I should be encouraging people to buy the magnite so Nissan doesn't leave India but have to state facts. The car itself is wonderful. Very good cvt. Good performance in city / highways. Mileage if you drive sedately is 20+ on the highways ( turbo cvt )
Hi Bud -

I see that youre also based out of Noida - I live in Sector 25 Noida. I am assuming that you also got your car from Neo Nissan.

Highway average of 20 sounds too good.

How is the city average

Can we also connect on a phone call.

TIA
don_carmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 23:06   #1347
BHPian

I am based out of Noida as well and got it from Neo Nissan. City avg is 9-12 depending on how you drive. Neither good nor bad.

Edit : Tried sending you a dm but can't

Last edited by akg7091 : 6th June 2022 at 23:07.
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 09:10   #1348

I have been waiting for over 3 months now for my magnite xv p CVT . Chip shortage continues to be the projected reason. But I heard they are introducing a new magnite model XV Premium option with halogen lights( instead of LED projector lights) and everything else retained as in the top-end trim. Any one can put more light on this?
Any heads up from existing xv premium owners as to whether they are ready to compromise the led head lights with a halogen one? Would help in making a decision in future, if an alternate option is given by the dealer.
Assumption : I was under the impression that led projectors in magnite were one of the best in class.
Old 12th June 2022, 10:13   #1349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Rao View Post
But I heard they are introducing a new magnite model XV Premium option with halogen lights( instead of LED projector lights) and everything else retained as in the top-end trim. Any one can put more light on this?
I was also told the same at Kolkata. To handle the chip shortage they will introduce another variant in between without led lights. Though the xv prem with led lights will also remain maybe with a higher price tag and longer lead time.
4 months waiting is already quite long. When i came across the above info i switched my colour choice and got a xv prem cvt piece when another buyer delayed to arrange his funds. You may try your luck in same way if interested speak to your SA.
saugdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 10:30   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
The car was disgustingly dirty from inside and the moment I sat on the wheel i saw a TPMS warning. I asked him what is that for - he was casual about it.

1) The AC of the TD vehicle was not effective - Infact i neveer felt that it was able to even cool the cabin - it kept tripping on and off whenever I moved from a stand still

2) There was excessive idle vibration in the car - I have never seen so much vibration in any other car - so much so that the front passenger seat was also vibrating along with the car vibration when it was left empty.
Thanks in advance folks
I have a magnite which is still new and ran only 1k kms.

My experience with Nissan both sales and service were found to be very professional. I do have exp with almost all brands and can surely tell Nissan is amongst the top few. My car also had a steering mounted switch control issue and it was promptly replaced without any hassles.

You might have had an issue with a specific lathergic SA or dealer. Pained to hear this.

On AC tripping i have had no issues so far. I keep temp set at 26 and may month being the peak heat to test went well specially with the ac outlet at the back in the xv prem. The AC has been quite effective even in stop go type signals of a city

On the vibration : yes it is on the higher side i have also observed if the car is still at D drive mode. But i change it to N neutral mode when i see i need to wait for long at traffic signals and then there is no vibration. It is also good practise for a better FE.

My engine is yet to complete the initial run in period. So far as per MID i am getting FE 11 to 12 in city and 17+ on highways. Will do a tank full test soon once i complete 2000kms.
saugdas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks