Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2022, 20:31   #1411
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

The saga, hopefully, comes to an end ! Took delivery of the car late evening.

1 ) Wheel alignment issue resolved
2 ) Noise - still the same ( 10-20% of the original noise level when I had first raised the noise issue ). No noise in the CVT demo car ( different than the one I compared with a few days back ) or the MT car I compared with ( I was told each vehicle is different and the level of noise in mine is acceptable / normal ). Took the car back as it wasn't rational to let it remain in the workshop indefinitely. I just hope the noise doesn't increase.
3 ) No comments on the quality of the paint but it is definitely better than the multi color discotheque I had on my bonnet earlier. Hopefully this repaint will last till the warranty of the vehicle and not peel off in a few months

Special shout out to the GM service at Neo Nissan whose involvement in the past 2-3 months atleast made things move. He was ALWAYS approachable and helpful. Hope Nissan India improves their processes and controls.

Edit : Forgot to add that the dealership offered to send a pickup car to my house. Kudos for this small but appreciable gesture. Not a single call from any senior person at Nissan though it is obvious my mass email is one of the reasons for the quick resolution of the issues being faced. I hope Nissan India improves their CS going forward. Taking feedback from existing customers might help then both retain and get new customers.

PS : Took the below pic on an empty elevated road driving at 60 with cruise control. The powertrain is a gem.

Nissan Magnite Review-img20221015190245.jpg

Last edited by akg7091 : 15th October 2022 at 20:38.
akg7091 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 17:06   #1412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by united View Post
In my XV CVT variant, I have been observing a slight grinding noise whenever I depress or release my brake pedal at extremely low speeds. The car has not been run-in properly yet with only 250 kms on the odo. I'm not sure whether this is normal and will go away with more kms on the odo. If this is not normal, then does anyone know what could be the root cause here?
I have the same problem in my brand new car. Sales guy says it will go off after a few 100 kms. Car is now driven >500 kms. But still the problem persists. Service advisor says its normal in CVT cars, but after 1st service it may go off a bit. What happened to yours?
Crank is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 15:54   #1413
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
I At 2 pm today, when I was taking the test drive, the AC felt little inadequate
Posting for the benefit of Nissan Magnite owners

I was driving a Magnite earlier this week and found that the cabin cooling was inadequate. At my destination, I opened the hood and found that the compressor suction line was chilled and sweating and the compressor was cycling on and off. Inside the cabin however, it seemed like how the cooling would be when the system was low on refrigerant. Realizing that this could be due to hot and cold air mixing, I turned the temperature knob all the way to 30 degrees.C, and immediately rolled the knob back to Lo, and Lo and behold, the inside air became chilly. The hot air flap had apparently not gone full close and that's why the cabin cooling wasn't enough.

Nissan Magnite Review-15.jpg

I advised the owner of the Magnite to keep the temperature knob at low, manipulate the blower speed to control temperature, and not to use the AUTO function on the aircon until this issue was reported to the service guys; so much about climate control!

Last edited by vigsom : 27th November 2022 at 15:56.
vigsom is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 13:06   #1414

I am as new as it gets in this forum but been a follower for years! I just got back to India (from the UK) and after much research and deliberation, invested in a Nissan Magnite Premium Turbo CVT. It's been less than a month (and since I got it and here are my initial observations:

Pros:
1) It's a good smooth ride for my kind of sedate driving
2) The boot size is really good
3) The mileage shown in the panel is 20 kmpl with full AC on and city driving only (will do my first full tank to full tank check in a few days) - but anything 18+ is really good, right?
4) Back seats are quite spacious - this coming from my father-in-law who is almost 6.5 ft is quite something.

Cons:
1) That metallic breaking sound - I think I've figured out a way to use the brake in a way so as to not get the sound - it's just about gentle braking - but the noise is really annoying. Have to raise it with the service manager.
2) Internal rattle sound - when going on bumpy roads, you can hear some rattle. Not sure where it's coming from though.
3) Apple CarPlay sometimes doesn't connect on its own - can't figure out what causes this.
4) The handrest is an absolute waste - I am short and therefore can't reach it.

Quick question, does the Magnite have an auto walk-away door lock mechanism? If yes, I haven't quite figured out how to get this to work.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st December 2022 at 13:17. Reason: breaking > braking, break > brake.
sairam.nataraja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 20:19   #1415
Senior - BHPian

Brought your query from C3 thread to Magnite thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
I know this is the wrong thread to ask this, but any similar concerns / information about the Turbo engine used in the Nissan Magnite ? Any preventive maintenance I should carry out for the engine / CVT / other parts ? Asking Nissan CS / Dealer is a no go as they are incompetent and useless

Many thanks in advance
Compared to the other one this engine is relatively trouble free if oil changes are done on time. The timing system is a driven by a silent chain and nothing in particular to worry about. Allow the engine to warm up properly before going hard on throttle.

Last edited by Sankar : 4th December 2022 at 20:28.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 20:24   #1416
BHPian

I idle for a min both at start and end of journey. Engine gearbox is a gem. Much better than expected. Nissan India support is a joke. The suspension noise is back. I went to Mahindra for my xuv and they checked out the magnite on my request. They told me had it been a mahindra the entire front right suspension would have been replaced under warranty without thinking twice. Just have to live with this noise for the next few years till I sell it off. Nissan India is a joke and should be shut down
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 10:52   #1417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairam.nataraja View Post
I am as new as it gets in this forum but been a follower for years! I just got back to India (from the UK) and after much research and deliberation, invested in a Nissan Magnite Premium Turbo CVT. It's been less than a month (and since I got it and here are my initial observations:
Hi there! I have a Magnite Turbo MT (XV), driven 6400km now and I have never experienced the auto walk-away door lock.
It does not lock automatically if you unlock it and do not enter the car for a long time.
Even when I park the car in my Garage and do not lock it at night, it remains unlocked when I'm back in the morning.

What it does perfectly is the speed-sensing auto door lock once it crosses 15km/h.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th December 2022 at 11:03.
rishil.ghurki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 15:05   #1418

Quote:

Pros:
1) It's a good smooth ride for my kind of sedate driving
2) The boot size is really good
3) The mileage shown in the panel is 20 kmpl with full AC on and city driving only (will do my first full tank to full tank check in a few days) - but anything 18+ is really good, right?
Just wanted to make a quick edit to the highlighted bit. I was reading the panel incorrectly. I realised this only after doing the FT to FT check. The actual (and the right reading on the panel) for the mileage is approx. 10 kmpl.
sairam.nataraja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 12:21   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by united View Post
In my XV CVT variant, I have been observing a slight grinding noise whenever I depress or release my brake pedal at extremely low speeds.
Quote:
Cons:
1) That metallic braking sound - I think I've figured out a way to use the brake in a way so as to not get the sound - it's just about gentle braking - but the noise is really annoying. Have to raise it with the service manager.
Hi united and sairam.nataraja, did the grinding noise, during braking go off? If not, what was the fix?

Quote:
Quick question, does the Magnite have an auto walk-away door lock mechanism? If yes, I haven't quite figured out how to get this to work.
In short, No.

Quote:
Quote:
Just wanted to make a quick edit to the highlighted bit. I was reading the panel incorrectly. I realised this only after doing the FT to FT check. The actual (and the right reading on the panel) for the mileage is approx. 10 kmpl.
The mileage for my Turbo CVT is around 13 to 15 kmpl in city and 16 to 19 kmpl on the highways. Haven't driven it hard yet as still have not crossed 1.5K on the Odo. Will update once its being driven hard after the 1st service/check-up.
Crank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 17:49   #1420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
Hi united and sairam.nataraja, did the grinding noise, during braking go off? If not, what was the fix?
It hasn't gone off yet ... I think it will remain. But I will flag it to the service manager when I take it to the first service at 2k/2 months.
sairam.nataraja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 17:31   #1421
BHPian

Hi guys,

Any review on JBL speaker upgrade for Magnite. Is it worth it?
Old 18th December 2022, 17:40   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
Quote:
It hasn't gone off yet ... I think it will remain. But I will flag it to the service manager when I take it to the first service at 2k/2 months.
One thing to be careful with Nissan ASC, do not fall for their sweet talk that it is the same case with other vehicles and is an non-issue

As soon as they say that select a random vehicle and do a testdrive with them and see if it exists. (Check if they agree to this)

(Or better do a testdrive of demo vehicle before and see if the issue exists, so that you know if they as BS’ing or not)

This is based on my history with Nissan ASC and me been a naive newbie owner (expecting that all ASC are truthful).

Happy ownership and welcome to the nissan family guys

Last edited by SideView : 18th December 2022 at 17:44.
SideView is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 11:02   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
One thing to be careful with Nissan ASC, do not fall for their sweet talk that it is the same case with other vehicles and is an non-issue

(Or better do a testdrive of demo vehicle before and see if the issue exists, so that you know if they as BS’ing or not)
Thanks for the caution. I did hear from the service advisor that it is common in all Magnite CVTs. But the test drive vehicle didn't have this issue and I mentioned the same to him. They said they will fix it during the first service which is due in a couple of weeks.
Crank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 19:05   #1424

Quote:

As soon as they say that select a random vehicle and do a testdrive with them and see if it exists. (Check if they agree to this)

This is based on my history with Nissan ASC and me been a naive newbie owner (expecting that all ASC are truthful).

Happy ownership and welcome to the nissan family guys
This is massively helpful @SideView, thank you. I am up for my first service at 2 months and I'll surely post my experience after.
Old 6th January 2023, 13:13   #1425
BHPian

Quote:

Happy ownership and welcome to the Nissan family guys
I have left my car for Inspection service (2k service) today. They accepted that the brake noise problem and said will try to fix it. If it doesn't go off they will change the brake parts under warranty to fix the issue. Meanwhile they were suggesting to go for Under-body Ceramic coating by 3M for 4.6K. Is that worth it?
Crank is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed