Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2020, 15:47   #91
BHPian

re: Nissan Magnite Review

Nissan has generally had good products and I feel this would be a good one too. But in the last few years the problem with Nissan India is the customer trust in the brand. I don't understand how another 1 good product is going to solve that problem.

To consider buying a Nissan car today, one needs to be in a in a T1 city where the last dealership is likely to close only when Nissan exits India. Also one needs to have a good FNG that services Renault/Nissan cars in the worst case scenario that Nissan exits(parts should most likely be available due to the alliance). If these constraints are met then the initial price differential has to be a large enough to offset the low resale value. Finally comes the product which has to be better than the competition.

It seems there are so many ifs and constraints to seriously consider the Nissan magnite no matter how good it is. I suspect mass Indian market will not satisfy a lot of above conditions. Moreover, Kiger will probably launch in a few months down the line, which will essentially be a very similar car from a relatively better brand that doesn't have trust issues.

Having owned several Nissan products in the past (albeit in a different country) I would love to see Nissan succeed here because I like their products. It will be a very interesting management case study if Nissan succeeds in turning the tide in India.
NT56 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 15:50   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjith812 View Post
Let's wait for the final pricing, it's the key factor for this car.
Hopefully they widen their dealership and service network also.
Whats with companies holding back pricing after launch. Coming from strategy background, I am sure whats going-on behind the scenes.

The company will have multiple scenarios prepared
  • Great response - Highest pricing scenario
  • Moderate response - Moderate pricing scenario
  • Bad feedback - Lowest price scenario

I think we have to criticize all cars on launch till they price their product!!
2000rpm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 17:12   #93
BHPian

A VFM car with good looks. Would be great if it manages to do 4digit sales even after 3-4 months after the launch.

Only thing which I did not like was the dashboard it feels as if the upper part (AC vent part) was designed for a funky/sporty looking cabin and the lower was designed for a plain cabin and together they don't go that well.

As Nissan is having a bad After Sales Service reputation they should provide 4 or 5 year service package for around 25-35k .
Atharva4545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 17:23   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT56 View Post
Nissan has generally had good products and I feel this would be a good one too. But in the last few years the problem with Nissan India is the customer trust in the brand.
I agree to the fact that Nissan has had good products. But they made a big mistake by launching the Datsun range. It was totally unnecessary, and completely diluted the core value of Nissan which had reliable, well built designs. I still remember that my 930 kg Micra used to feel a lot more solid than its numbers conveyed. It was also quite reliable and I didn't have issues with service at all. Nissan never really capitalised on the initial brand recall of the Sunny, Micra and Terrano. Then they launched inanities like the Evalia.Somehow they never got focus on the market. And now, although Kicks is a good car, they simply dont have enough coverage to even try to capture market share. They couldn't even get the CVT version for review at the time of the launch. What can we expect from the Magnite ?
fhdowntheline is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 08:08   #95
BHPian

Nissan Magnite looks good imo, the most important thing now comes is how they price it.
Kia showed us that when there is a good product and priced properly Indians are ready to lap it up.
Nissan has scored good with micra but they lost their ways somewhere in between, Kick was a good product but it was marketed rather tamely. Hopefully Nissan does not repeat the same mistake again.
Old 23rd October 2020, 12:14   #96
BHPian

Nissan magnite promo video out. Not sure if this is the TVC. If it's the TVC, then this is underwhelming as this is only studio lighting. They should have had some shots outside in the daylight, and shown the car in real world and in motion.

cuboid is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 18:59   #97
BHPian

Overall very much impressive attempt by Nissan , Magnite is the reason why Mr.Rakesh Srivastava is now in Nissan from the BIG Hyundai India. I'm very much curious on the 8 new products for India under Nissan's new India strategy, which starts with the Magnite !

Since Renault Triber with an impressive packaging went on sale at 4.99 Lakhs , I'm believing the Autocar pricing . It will be a terrific product with features, space , Turbo and CVT ! Plastic quality feels like at the Brezza levels which is not terrible.

However similar packaging can be expected for the upcoming Renault SUV too . Recently Renault added around 34 new sales point last month , Nissan too needs that from the scratch to gain volume.

Few things can be masked in a better way like the hood opener, armrest storage. The car looks similar to MG GLOSTER from the front .
TorqueIndia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 20:24   #98
BHPian

This is a good car. A lot of people are comparing it to the Venue/Sonnet/Ecosport. I however see a different customer for this car. In my mind, the guy who wanted to buy a Compact SUV would be more inclined to buy a VFM model of a 4.2-4.3 M SUV (Seltos HTK is one such case).

Car is a utility and as well as a status symbol, like houses. Salaried people up-shop for these things, rarely down-shop.

Nissan's sales should be eyeing for Grand i10, Swift, Wagon R customer, who, with just a little bit more money can buy more car (SUV). KUV was done wrong, this seems to be done right.

This should be an easy win for Nissan, but they are the West Indies of the last decade. They can lose anything from anywhere, to anyone.
atnyia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 22:33   #99
BHPian

More detailed review on the new 1.0 turbo petrol TCe engine here in this video.

jeganatu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 02:53   #100
BHPian

This is how the interiors of the Nissan Magnite would've looked if it were Black+ Beige.

Edit by @Radya Triadhie via Instagram

Link- https://www.instagram.com/p/CGrVa3EF...d=n3mukno7fmy4
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-1603488083236.jpg  

Nissan Magnite Review-1603488103279.jpg  

Nissan Magnite Review-1603488128000.jpg  

Nissan Magnite Review-1603488160983.jpg  

Nissan Magnite Review-1603488179870.jpg  

ATRONIX is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 05:33   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
Nissan magnite promo video out. Not sure if this is the TVC. If it's the TVC, then this is underwhelming as this is only studio lighting. They should have had some shots outside in the daylight, and shown the car in real world and in motion.

https://Youtu.be/Tw0r7zT1AIc
The initial spy shots (The blue and red leaks) were of some tvc sets. So inorder to fill that gap, they are releasing some rendered clips it seems.
Hope they spent some good amount of money for marketing this time and not repeating the kicks mistake
starke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 05:39   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
This is how the interiors of the Nissan Magnite would've looked if it were Black+ Beige.
Please show it to Nissan India and monetise your efforts. This looks so much better than the current product.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 08:13   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post

Edit by @Radya Triadhie via Instagram

Link- https://www.instagram.com/p/CGrVa3EF...d=n3mukno7fmy4
Absolutely, the dual tone and interiors look much better, imho they should have gone Kia way by offering two interior choices as some prefer black interiors.

A huge aspect to this is lighting as mentioned earlier. Nissan should have been careful about the location (outdoors) and timing. The media should have been allowed during the day to shoot so there is sufficient lighting. Whoever organised the event should be fired. These are basics during a car unveil.

Last edited by Godzilla : 24th October 2020 at 08:16.
Godzilla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 09:28   #104
BHPian

Some people here are saying around 8 lacs ex showroom for the top end variant, if that's true, then that's a shockingly good price and will make it into people's "serious" shortlist regardless of any issues they have with the brand. I know it will certainly make it into mine.

Just wondering whether they'll introduce a diesel version later on since most of the competition has it. If they do, then the car is perfect as far as I am concerned.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 01:02   #105
Senior - BHPian

The Magnite can be a Swift killer if the pricing and sales experience is tuned right by Nissan. Therefore pricing is key and i hope the local Nissan Japanese are not swayed by smart talking Indian capitation fee/deemed university MBA consultants and spawn of parts dealers who have infiltrated the car industry who will suggest uppricing and the moon and every underhanded methods known and yet to be discovered, allegedly. They will only collect their fees after that to marry off their daughters and abandon the company. Beware Nissan and hear the voice of the consumer. Vox Populi. Do right by the indian consumer this time and prosper in this market. Atleast, i hope so.

Last edited by nickatnite : 25th October 2020 at 01:05.
nickatnite is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks