Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2020, 16:00   #211
BHPian

re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Nissan Magnite's 1.0L Turbo Petrol engine revealed

The HRA0 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine produces 99 BHP @ 5,000 rpm and 160 Nm @ 2,800-3,600 rpm. It will be offered with either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a continuously variable transmission (CVT). In the CVT version, the peak torque of the engine is restricted to 152 Nm @ 2,200-4,400 rpm.

Link to Team-BHP News
From the specs it seems the manual may have a lot of turbo lag and a very narrow peak torque band. This one seems to be tuned for more efficiency than power.

The CVT might be able to mask the turbo lag better for city driving. It will be interesting to see how this one drives

Last edited by ajmat : 6th November 2020 at 21:45.
NT56 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 19:18   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

The engine is available internationally with and without direct injection. There is power deficit of about 17 HP, and torque deficit of 10NM with the non-direct-injected version we get in the Magnite, as compared to the direct injected version. I am sure Nissan chose to do this to keep costs under check but they could have offered the full blown engine in the top variant.

Also, I find it very hard to believe the Autocar prediction that the Turbo CVT will come for 7.5 lakhs ex-showroom. In the case of the Kicks, there is a premium of 2 lakhs for the Turbo engine over the NA engine and a further 1.5 lakhs for the CVT. Even considering the smaller engine in the Magnite, I don’t see how the Turbo CVT can be any less than 2.5 lakhs over the NA equivalent. I think what Autocar is saying is that the Magnites with the NA engine range will go from 5.5 to 7.5 lakhs. The Turbo CVT should cost an additional 2.5 lakhs IMO and I expect the top end Turbo CVT Magnite to be priced at 9.99 lakhs, which is still good value.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 6th November 2020 at 19:19.
84.monsoon is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 08:51   #213
BHPian

And, there goes Nissan again. Good product, possibly ignored by the consumer as it will not meet the performance aspirations of the Indian consumer. Lethargic engines will end up disappointing the power hungry and the "kitna deti hai" crowd. Nissan service was never a strong point ever and that will dent the prospect further.
roadrunner_nv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 10:59   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv View Post
And, there goes Nissan again. Good product, possibly ignored by the consumer as it will not meet the performance aspirations of the Indian consumer. Lethargic engines will end up disappointing the power hungry and the "kitna deti hai" crowd.
I feel it has got sufficient perfomance and mileage for the price. It is better than Sonet.

The 1.0 has got a 100 PS and it is likely to be launched at a price band where most cars are like 80 PS including most hatches and compact SUVs with NA engines.

Kia Sonet Turbo Petrol iMT 0-100 13.09 s
Nissan 1.0 Almera Turbo CVT 0-100 12.97 s

Source:

https://indianautosblog.com/kia-sone...n-test-p321568

Most other Nissan cars launched in other countries also had the HR10DET (multipoint injection) and I feel that the performance will be more than adequate considering the price range.

'The all-new 1.0 litre turbo engine also features a number of technical innovations. Drivers will feel the instant acceleration thanks to the electronic waste gate that improved the turbo compression by opening and closing the waste gate valve more efficiently thus reducing turbo lag. The engine comes with Mirror Bore Coating Technology adapted from the legendary Nissan GT-R, which helps to reduce friction between the piston ring and inner cylinder that contributes to increase durability, reduce wear & tear and heat management, making every drive economical and environmentally mindful. '

https://nissan.com.my/v2/all-new-nis...e-performance/
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-07112020-101836.jpg  

Nissan Magnite Review-newperformancesliderenginegraph1-1.jpg  

Last edited by Godzilla : 7th November 2020 at 11:17.
Godzilla is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 18:35   #215
BHPian

Looks like the pricing is out. Really super value for money if these prices turn out to be accurate. I hope its only a matter of missing top CVT variants in this particular slide and they haven't given it a miss altogether.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-whatsapp-image-20201107-4.04.08-pm.jpeg  

drpudhi is online now   (23) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 18:42   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Looks like the pricing is out. Really super value for money if these prices turn out to be accurate. I hope its only a matter of missing top CVT variants in this particular slide and they haven't given it a miss altogether.
Really good pricing by Nissan considering the fact that i20 pricing released the other day, had top model around 11.80 lac. I really hope they have CVT in the higher models.
Hope Nissan makes a comeback to the Indian market with this car.
sahil624 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 18:49   #217
BHPian

1. 1 lakh delta for the Turbo.
2. 90k delta for the CVT
3. 50k delta between XL to XV
4. 90k delta between XV to XV Premium

So the Turbo CVT XV Premium would be 9.55 lakh. How much would the Tech pack be - 30k?

So the Turbo CVT XV Premium + Tech pack can still be below 10 lakhs.

Good pricing indeed!

Last edited by cuboid : 7th November 2020 at 18:53.
cuboid is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 19:21   #218
BHPian

Pricing seems good. You get Led headlamps, TPMS & 360-degree camera for a premium of 90k over the XV variant. A lot of folks would be happy with the XV in my opinion.
ATRONIX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 19:48   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
It's a tentative pricing revealed to dealers via virtual conference.

Here is the complete list with remaining price of cvt.

Nissan Magnite Review-img20201107wa0073.jpg

As I mentioned before, tech pack would be an accessory and will be sold separately saving greatly on road tax and insurance. However, it will be covered under manufacturers warranty.
jeganatu is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 20:03   #220
BHPian

The car looks extremely value for money and is priced on par with the premium hatchbacks sold in our country. But do people still believe in Nissan especially the customers buying cars under 8-9lac are the ones who expect good aftersales support and high resale value. Most people think Nissan will shut its India operations in few years down the line.
Magnite is Nissan India's do or die product and I really hope this product gives Nissan a good comeback in the Indian market
Sahilrai166 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 20:08   #221
Senior - BHPian

Killer pricing, so they have carved another segment w.r.t pricing. Totally VFM even if the engines were to be discounted as lethargic at best. Now, let's see if the junta is impressed.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 20:14   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Let's see what we arrive at : 6.94 + 70k + 80k + 80k + 30k = INR 9.54 lacs. IMHO, the top end Magnite CVT will be priced closer to 9.25-9.5 lacs. If Nissan goes very agressive, it could be priced around INR 8.99 lacs. Expecting anything lower would be criminal.
Looks like I was pretty close if the leaked prices are to be believed
tarik.arora is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 21:41   #223
Senior - BHPian

I had a strong feeling that Nissan will play the price card with Magnite. If the prices are indeed true, wonderful. Just saying- the i20 1.2 Spotrz IVT costs 10.5 Lacs on road here in Bangalore, and I see well loaded Nissan XV CVT priced similar. Apart from the brand, I don't see a reason why I should pay premium to i20.
PrideRed is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 21:54   #224
BHPian

Well done Nissan (if indeed these prices are not speculative)

Now just to sort out the after sales with good service packages and keep the dealers on their toes.(please stop rerouting customer complains back to dealer). We will have a winner.

Edit:
Even if i am not in a market for a new vehicle will definitely testdrive this one, who knows if i get a good exchange for my terrano. With these prices they might have to give money back

Last edited by SideView : 7th November 2020 at 21:58. Reason: Added some more info
SideView is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 21:58   #225
Senior - BHPian

Oh man!!! If this pricing is true, Magnite goes right at the top of my recommendation list for sub 10L automatics. A 100bhp motor, loaded with features, great looks and a CVT. Only thing left to know is the build quality. This has the potential to shake up the segment at least in tier1 cities where Nissan has decent presence.

Hope this does for Nissan what duster did for renault.

Last edited by SoumenD : 7th November 2020 at 22:01.
SoumenD is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks