Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2020, 21:56   #301
BHPian

re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Tata Nexon also gets 195 section tyres on lower variants. Only the top variants come with 215 section rubber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Nexon gets 195mm rubber in the base variant, 215mm from XM till the top end.
Alright, but what is the impact of 195mm tyre vs the 215 mm tyre on the drive experience? Especially in bad roads.
Old 14th November 2020, 22:21   #302
BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...26-2020-419204

“Nissan Magnite deliveries expected to start next month; test-drive and display vehicles to arrive at dealerships by next week.”
Godzilla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 02:06   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicCharcoal View Post
Alright, but what is the impact of 195mm tyre vs the 215 mm tyre on the drive experience? Especially in bad roads.
The wheel rim diameters of all Nexon's are same. The tyre width and aspect ratio are only different in the top version. I have a 2019 BS-4 version which is running on 195/65-R16
The top variant rides on 215/60-R16.
Honestly speaking, 215mm tread width may be a bit of an overkill for the car as it does not have "that" much power to overwhelm the chassis/mechanical grip.
Outright grip on my friend's top model Nexon feels a bit more, but the trade-off is that, the low speed ride is definitely "jigglier" compared to the 195mm shod Nexon's. Also, the lower variants with the narrower tyre width will result in less unsprung weight, hence possibly users may obtain slightly better fuel efficiency.
arjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 02:15   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If we consider the same model of tyre on the same car then the wider 215 tyre will have slightly better grip and possibly will be able to put the engines power down better (unlikely to be a factor in most commuter cars)
The narrower 195 tyre will have slightly better mileage due to reduced friction.

Comfort differences will depend on the sidewall section, a thicker sidewall will provide better comfort
Mortis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 07:48   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
On bad roads, you are likely to experience higher vertical movement but less lateral movement. Cornering will be better due to the higher grip. However, with just an adequate level of power in the Magnite engine, that is also lower in torque compared to other turbo petrol rivals, you are likely to experience a loss of grunt and the fuel economy will also be adversely affected.

This is where you see each manufacturer take a specific stance to cater to their end customer preferences. Honda uses the narrowest possible tires (and the smallest possible fuel tank) in its cars to maximise fuel economy and overcome the mid-range power deficit of its NA petrol engines. TATA, on the other hand, generally uses wider tires thanks to its SUV heritage. Hyundai is making a transition from generally providing smaller and thinner wheels to providing wide and large tires on its SUV family. Even the compact Venue has 215 section tires on the higher variants.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 08:22   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
“Nissan Magnite deliveries expected to start next month; test-drive and display vehicles to arrive at dealerships by next week.”
But where are the dealers? All dealers in Mumbai have shut shop. For anyone from Mumbai who is interested to buy or atleast show interest in Magnite, has to travel to Navi - Mumbai (Nerul). Dealer in Chembur has shut shop and has a lot of animosity for Nissan. I called up their number given on the net and asked for Magnite. The reply was harsh.
'"We have closed down Nissan Showroom"
Me: Oh, that's sad but why?
"No business and no support from the brand, actually none of us are sad. We are moving on to Tata"
VWAllstar is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 11:59   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
But where are the dealers?
In Bangalore this 2 are functional that I can confirm. I am not sure if there are any one else in the city.

Attached Images

Last edited by arin_12 : 15th November 2020 at 12:04.
arin_12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 15:07   #308
BHPian

Nissan Magnite caught on video uncamouflaged.

ATRONIX is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 20:41   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Nissan Magnite caught on video uncamouflaged.

https://Youtu.be/XUHjrVn9PkE
The road presence is superb when compared to all other rivals (We have two set of rivals based on price range and CSUV)

Hope they will resolve the dealership issues soon and atleast revamp all their current dealers with their new logo and all, so that customers get a fresh experience
starke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 05:35   #310
BHPian

Hello All, I'm very much inclined to book the Top variant soon. But I have a little concern. The Magnite does not have paddle shifters in the CVT variant. Can it be big issue when driving on the hills and as I read CVT does not give a very enthusiastic response? Though Nissan and City are using this technology since the start, but initial response from the CVT is pretty lull. Is this just a fear without any basis?
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 06:43   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hello All, I'm very much inclined to book the Top variant soon. But I have a little concern. The Magnite does not have paddle shifters in the CVT variant. Can it be big issue when driving on the hills and as I read CVT does not give a very enthusiastic response? Though Nissan and City are using this technology since the start, but initial response from the CVT is pretty lull. Is this just a fear without any basis?
Hi Harpreetsubhi
I drive amaze cvt s petrol which also does not have paddle shifters. But the honda has provided S and L gear which more than suffice in such situations.
Hemantteen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 07:09   #312
BHPian

Quote:
But I have a little concern. The Magnite does not have paddle shifters in the CVT variant.
Please don't go overboard with this vintage CVT, it doesn't even have an 'S' and manual mode.

The CVT used here could be as old or older than the TC 4 speed used by Maruti from Esteem era, in their present days cars.
Old 16th November 2020, 07:50   #313
BHPian

Quote:
HCan it be big issue when driving on the hills and as I read CVT does not give a very enthusiastic response? Though Nissan and City are using this technology since the start, but initial response from the CVT is pretty lull. Is this just a fear without any basis?
Nissan Magnite has Xtronic CVT with L mode which will help you in hills.

Read more about this CVT here : https://www.autocarindia.com/auto-fe...tomatic-400093
Godzilla is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 08:27   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Nissan Magnite has Xtronic CVT with L mode which will help you in hills.

Read more about this CVT here : https://www.autocarindia.com/auto-fe...tomatic-400093
Awesome. Thank you. Well understood now. I will now take a test drive on Nov 30 and then book the dual colored one with blue and white combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemantteen View Post
Hi Harpreetsubhi
I drive amaze cvt s petrol which also does not have paddle shifters. But the honda has provided S and L gear which more than suffice in such situations.
Understood. Thanks again for your quick reply.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 09:24   #315
Senior - BHPian

A Close Look : Nissan Magnite

Quote:
Can it be big issue when driving on the hills and as I read CVT does not give a very enthusiastic response?
Unless you are a very enthusiastic driver who demands quick acceleration every now and then, cvt poses no issue in the hilly terrain. I took my Baleno cvt to Manali/Rohtang last month and did not face any issue at all. Engine braking was disappointing in D mode but there is a S or L mode for that.
My other car is a 320d so it is not that i am a very sedate driver.
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks