Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Nissan India on Instagram-
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-screenshot_20201122114941_instagram.jpg  

Nalin1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 12:59   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking at all the reviews, the CVT does look like the better choice. The price premium is reasonable (90K) and the engine seems tuned for better low end torque in the CVT with peak torque coming in at 600 rpm lower engine speed. Most reviews talk about how the manual has more turbo lag and how the CVT seems able to dart in and out of gaps in traffic faster etc. Also it does appear that the CVT is best on class, better than most on offer currently in the market. Yes, there is a slight penalty on fuel efficiency and acceleration times, but not too much.
84.monsoon is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 13:14   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Nissan India on Instagram-
They already screwed screwed Kicks with their own ineptitude - a car that had every chance at succeeding. I hope they REALLY stick to their word this time.
Old 22nd November 2020, 14:46   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
They already screwed screwed Kicks with their own ineptitude - a car that had every chance at succeeding. I hope they REALLY stick to their word this time.
Really !
It’s bad enough Nissan doesn’t advertise the Kicks turbo which is a very good package with class leading ride quality and turbo petrol engine!
One of my close friends have one(diesel) and it rides and handles very well and it’s efficient too!.
He is sad/ afraid to see the dwindling number of Nissan dealerships in NCR.

Now Magnite with its rumoured killer pricing and competent engine gearbox combo will surely give Nissan the chance to get their act together and assuage the concerns of existing Nissan owners!
buntee90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 15:05   #410
BHPian

I do not see anything different in this car that will help it achieve, let alone sustain, strong volumes. The "killer" pricing is going to be at the expense of quality and safety.
Old 22nd November 2020, 19:02   #411
Senior - BHPian

Came across this article from a news feed of mine.

As per the post

Quote:
Nissan Magnite door handle comes out during media drive
Sumant Banerji tweets - The fit & finish & build quality of the car is appalling. In one of the test cars, the inside door latch gave away. In another one, there was perceptible rattle. Not good for a car that's barely done any kilometers on the road. Big doubts on how it will age.
Shut lines of the car isn't consistent either & cost cutting is palpable all across. Even the drag arm of the steering column lies exposed, which not only looks bad but can also be a potential hazard. It is definitely one of the least premium offerings in this segment.
Nissan Magnite Review-126449258_839980303430280_7141282472404969583_o.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-126515107_839980230096954_2501546532663466656_o.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-126530699_839980326763611_7812599433420208923_o.jpg

Photos and words credits to their respective owners.

But what appalls me is the sheer mismatch between what Nissan intends to do and what Nissan brings forth. What is this, a curse for Nissan? I am of the opine that, Nissan will wind up operations sooner or later eventually, even if they have a great contender.

Cheers!
VJ

Last edited by VijayAnand1 : 22nd November 2020 at 19:03.
VijayAnand1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 19:19   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post

As per the post

Attachment 2084004

But what appalls me is the sheer mismatch between what Nissan intends to do and what Nissan brings forth. What is this, a curse for Nissan? I am of the opine that, Nissan will wind up operations sooner or later eventually, even if they have a great contender.

Cheers!
VJ
I would caution members to take the middle photo of the inside door latch coming off with a large portion of salt. If you look closely, the broken latch has a white scratch line just about .5 cm from the edge - it looks like a sharp instrument like a screw driver has been used to prise it open and while forcing it, the edge of the instrument skid and scratched along the inside edge causing the white line.

My guess - A competitor is scared silly by the Magnite and is using third rate media agencies and/or fanboy clubs at arms length to launch subterfuge here. Nissan should have this investigated and sue for damages.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 22nd November 2020 at 19:20.
84.monsoon is online now   (41) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 19:53   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
If you look closely, the broken latch has a white scratch line just about .5 cm from the edge - it looks like a sharp instrument like a screw driver has been used to prise it open and while forcing it, the edge of the instrument skid and scratched along the inside edge causing the white line.
What an observation . I had to see again after reading your comment. I guess you are right, since when did reviewers start showing the steering rod area? Never seen such detail in anything less than a tbhp review. Suspicious indeed.
400notout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 19:57   #414
BHPian

Quote:

As per the post

Attachment 2084003
Don't think the exposed steering column should be an issue as long as it is an ergonomic one. Have attached footwell shots of Tata Nexon and XUV300 taken from our T-BHP official reviews which also have exposed steering rods. Regarding the other two issues, hope Nissan rectifies those before the car hits the market.

Tata Nexon:
Nissan Magnite Review-tapatalk_1606053965851.jpeg

XUV300:
Nissan Magnite Review-tapatalk_1606053258548.jpeg

Last edited by ATRONIX : 22nd November 2020 at 20:23.
ATRONIX is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 20:32   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I
My guess - A competitor is scared silly by the Magnite and is using third rate media agencies and/or fanboy clubs at arms length to launch subterfuge here. Nissan should have this investigated and sue for damages.
Clean observation. I just hope Nissan does get to see this, if Nissan has anyone lurking in this forum. For all that's said and done, for all that will be said and done, I sincerely hope Nissan gets to stick in our automotive scene for a long time to come. Lo and behold, things being a bit strung up for Nissan, I just hope they learn their lessons and come back with anew.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 22nd November 2020, 20:35   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Don't think the exposed steering column should be an issue as long as it is an ergonomic one. Have attached footwell shots of Tata Nexon and XUV300 taken from our T-BHP official reviews which also have exposed steering rods. Regarding the other two issues, hope Nissan rectifies those before the car hits the market.
+ one from my end, here is what Sonet's steering column (from T-bhp official review) looks like. I don't see this as an issue at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-2020kiasonet03.jpg  

tj123 is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 20:48   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post

Tata Nexon:
Attachment 2084028

XUV300:
Attachment 2084029
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
+ one from my end, here is what Sonet's steering column (from T-bhp official review) looks like. I don't see this as an issue at all.
As a matter of fact, it is exposed in my Triber as well, but has it ever been a safety or ergonomic issue in this last 1 year of ownership, NEVER!! Pic attached.

Nissan Magnite Review-img_20201122_204609330.jpg
AdityaDeane is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 21:40   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would caution members to take the middle photo of the inside door latch coming off with a large portion of salt. If you look closely, the broken latch has a white scratch line just about .5 cm from the edge - it looks like a sharp instrument like a screw driver has been used to prise it open and while forcing it, the edge of the instrument skid and scratched along the inside edge causing the white line.
Also, this kind of one off issues may not really signify bad quality. Just after I took delivery of my TUV300 five years back rear right inner door handle came out. They fixed it immediately and have not had a problem in the last five years.

C-SUV segment is heating up with competition and it is expected that Nissan will keep the pricing competitive, so I guess maybe some attempt to discredit quality.
airbus is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 22:09   #419
BHPian

Quote:

As per the post

Attachment 2084003

Attachment 2084004

Attachment 2084006

Cheers!
VJ
This definitely looks like a fishy review and should be flagged. Competition and paid scumbags trying to rake up unnecessary controversy. Nissan deserves a chance and the product looks good.
Old 22nd November 2020, 22:19   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1
Yes, they forced opened it from left top corner. We can clearly see the scratch arching inwards on the way out.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks