Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2020, 10:03   #811
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
I saw the car today for the first time. Someone was parking it alongside other parked car in an open market parking. It looked quite narrow from.the front. To the point that it looked quirky alongside other hatchbacks parked beside it.
I didn't check the side profile, but definitely it looked quite narrow from front, specifically since it was parked besides a Baleno on one side and a rapid on the other side.
Magnite : 1758 mm
Rapid : 1699 mm
Baleno : 1745 mm

Maybe it was the angle, or you saw the Redigo instead

What Magnite has completely nailed is the interior packaging- best liberation of usable interior space within a small footprint since the Jazz !
JishD is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 10:24   #812
BHPian

Maybe it was a redigo, can't explain how it was so narrow otherwise. Also, the deliveries have not started yet for Magnite (or are they?) so would not be a Magnite as it was a registered number plate.

But that looked almost exactly like a Magnite from the front, which is not a good resemblance to have.
Old 20th December 2020, 10:59   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Maybe it was a redigo, can't explain how it was so narrow otherwise. Also, the deliveries have not started yet for Magnite (or are they?) so would not be a Magnite as it was a registered number plate.

But that looked almost exactly like a Magnite from the front, which is not a good resemblance to have.
Despite the Nissan badge, the front is 'inspired' by Datsun (to put it mildly )- so that could explain both the resemblance and the mistaken identity.
Old 20th December 2020, 11:24   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
What Magnite has completely nailed is the interior packaging- best liberation of usable interior space within a small footprint since the Jazz !
True! It has got better shoulder room and under thigh support than many of its wider competitors in the segment.
dudevarkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 13:37   #815
BHPian

Nissan Magnite XL Turbo Vs Popular Sub Compact SUVs in the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
Despite the Nissan badge, the front is 'inspired' by Datsun (to put it mildly )- so that could explain both the resemblance and the mistaken identity.
Yes, from the front it could be mistaken except for the size difference.
Nissan Magnite Review-img_20201220_134350.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-magnite_brown_1604291579682.jpeg

Nissan Magnite Review-2020datsunredigofaceliftbrown_ht_auto_1590652652363_1590652661973.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 21st December 2020 at 18:18. Reason: Back to back posts merged
dudevarkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 16:41   #816
BHPian

Went to for Magnite test drive at Vortex Gurgaon. We wanted to book this for my dad since he wanted something SUV-ish.

Pro:
- Both parents liked the exterior styling
- Interior Space Usage is excellent. Negligible hump in the rear floor.
- VFM Price/Features
- My mom found rear seats to be comfortable
- My dad for some reason liked the cartoonish speedometer

Cons:
- My dad & I both found driving seat to be uncomfortable. Decent Lumbar support but under-thigh support was negligible. We spent good 5 odd mins adjusting the seat but just could not find the right combination.
- Vibration Vibration Vibration. When I switched seats with my dad I could feel the vibration on the door. There was a constant vibration on the clutch pedal and it got highly irritating after few mins.
- Ride was bad. My mother who was sitting in the front said it's like sitting in an auto-rickshaw (We currently have Polo and Honda City)

I will go to another showroom later this week to see if it was just that vehicle or all cars are like that. Else we'll wait for Kiger or whatever Tata's next SUV is.
vellatechie is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 16:51   #817
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellatechie View Post
- Ride was bad. My mother who was sitting in the front said it's like sitting in an auto-rickshaw (We currently have Polo and Honda City)
I understand that city has a very plush ride, but is Magnite even worse than the polo? I found polo to be very stiff and uncomfortable. If Magnite is worse, that might just be the deal breaker for many.
Old 20th December 2020, 16:59   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
I understand that city has a very plush ride, but is Magnite even worse than the polo? I found polo to be very stiff and uncomfortable. If Magnite is worse, that might just be the deal-breaker for many.
Comparison with the auto is purely based on the vibrations and the engine noise.
The test drive was on a tiny 1kmish circuit (without any speed breakers) so I can't really say about the actual ride quality.

EDIT: And yes if the clutch vibration is not an anomaly I would avoid the manual for sure.

Last edited by vellatechie : 20th December 2020 at 17:00.
vellatechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 18:15   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellatechie View Post
Comparison with the auto is purely based on the vibrations and the engine noise.
The test drive was on a tiny 1kmish circuit (without any speed breakers) so I can't really say about the actual ride quality.

EDIT: And yes if the clutch vibration is not an anomaly I would avoid the manual for sure.
That's very disappointing to hear - had almost zeroed in on XV premium cvt . Ride quality could be compromised by unnecessarily high tyre pressure on TD vehicle, but excessive vibration is unacceptable.
Old 20th December 2020, 18:57   #820
BHPian

Nissan claims lowest-in-segment service cost for Magnite

15k bookings and 150k enquiries later, the Nissan magnate Rakesh Srivastava claims the lowest service cost for the Magnite among its segment.

Quote:
Magnite is being offered with two years' warranty (50,000 kilometres) which can also be extended up to five years (1 lakh kilometres). Nissan claims that the maintenance cost of 29 paise per kilometre (for 50,000 kilometres) is the best and most affordable in the segment in which Magnite competes in. It is a big and bold claim as the Japanese car maker appears determined to play the affordability card to woo buyers, while also projecting the vehicle as a capable and premium offering. "Nissan as a customer-centric brand, understands the importance of providing unique value-added services to its discerning Indian customers," said Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India. "Magnite comes with over 20 best-in-class and first-in-class features with the Nissan Promise of Lowest cost of maintenance."
Source: https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...364553795.html
EightSix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 21:56   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
That's very disappointing to hear - had almost zeroed in on XV premium cvt . Ride quality could be compromised by unnecessarily high tyre pressure on TD vehicle, but excessive vibration is unacceptable.
I would recommend taking the TD for yourself and deciding on these points. Do not base your decision on hearsay or others's subjective opinion.

The sheer amount of reviews online on both sides of the fence, is overwhelming and should be taken with oodles of salt.

The proof of the pudding is in the TD.

I'm myself contemplating getting a XV CVT for my wife and would take a decision only after the TD is available to me.

The Magnite XE is a no brainer for value. It should be called Magnite VFM instead of XE.

However, the CVT at almost 10 lakhs - value quotient is also to be viewed in the lens of rival option AT available in the neighbourhood. Thats precisely the boat I'm rocking now.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 23:57   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
I would recommend taking the TD for yourself and deciding on these points. Do not base your decision on hearsay or others's subjective opinion.
Yes exactly. Even with all the cons I still think it's an incredible value. Everyone should draw their own Pro/Con table and see if it makes sense for them.
Someone going for the CVT won't have to worry about clutch vibration and then seating and quality is just subjective depending on what your current ride is.
vellatechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 12:54   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
FYI - after my complaint and escalation to Nissan India, Neo Nissan has

1 ) Removed the handling charges from all bookings. If you have a booking with handling charge get it removed. Their new pricing sheet has NO HANDLING CHARGES
2 ) Agreed to either match my insurance quote or let me take the insurance from outside

Guys, Nissan India has changed. They are aggressive and seem to have tightened control over the dealers. One escalation email and the dealer's tone changed from "we can cancel your booking and refund you the amount immediately" to "why did you complain to Nissan"

If things go this way Nissan India's fortunes will rise again. Good for the consumer to have an underdog challenge HMIL and MSIL
I got the same deal now. It appears based on my email to Nissan they must have talked to dealer resulting in this new deal. Another person from dealer called me today to confirm on both points and in response i have withdrawn my complaint. I thank you for posting your experience which made me look into the quote in detail

Last edited by castiel : 21st December 2020 at 12:56.
castiel is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 13:01   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by castiel View Post
I got the same deal now. It appears based on my email to Nissan they must have talked to dealer resulting in this new deal. Another person from dealer called me today to confirm on both points and in response i have withdrawn my complaint.
That's a good news. What is the final quote you received for the insurance (nil depreciation)?
Old 21st December 2020, 13:14   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
That's a good news. What is the final quote you received for the insurance (nil depreciation)?
18064(xe model) from my agent who handles all our insurance related business , i think it was new india
castiel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks