Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2021, 13:51   #1036
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Test drove the CVT today and it is swaying me away from my Sonet DCT booking. I found the urban driving experience a little better in Magnite due to the nice transmission and braking. It does fall short in interior quality, but paying close to 2L more OTR for the Sonet HTK+ DCT is questionable.
Not only you save 2 lakh but you will get features like push-button start, Cruise Control, 360 degree view, complete LED lights up front, climate control AC which you won't find in HTK+DCT. If you monetize these features, you may be paying 3 to 3.5 lakh less for Magnite.
pgsagar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 14:12   #1037
BHPian

Powerdrift meets Mr. Rakesh Srivastava, Nissan India MD

klgiridhar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 16:33   #1038
BHPian

It seems Magnite commands a waiting time of 4 months (give or take one month) in Bengaluru.

Is that right? Also, the sales man I met refused to entertain any PDI before full payment request and actually tried to convince me that the PDI is done at the Chennai factory.
Old 21st February 2021, 19:16   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
It seems Magnite commands a waiting time of 4 months (give or take one month) in Bengaluru.
Depending on the variant, that changes. XV CVT takes about 18 to 20 weeks to be delivered from date of booking, I was told today. XL CVT, on the other hand, will take only a week because they have a few in stock that have not been allocated (or possibly from cancelled bookings).

I was considering booking a XL CVT myself, but apparently this doesn't come with the sports mode. Even the sales team weren't sure about this when I asked, but they asked around and came back with the answer that the overdrive button on the XL CVT is a dummy. You get the Sport mode only from XV CVT onwards.

Why, Nissan, why?
ChevyTeddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 08:43   #1040
Senior - BHPian

That's a good interview. Does the customer decide on buying the car in 5 seconds (As he put it)? Given his vast years of experience, there must be value in this statement. Can this be true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by klgiridhar View Post
Powerdrift meets Mr. Rakesh Srivastava, Nissan India MD
Old 22nd February 2021, 10:29   #1041
BHPian

Spoke to the sales team about accessory upgrades and it seems Nissan hasn't yet announced any official catalog for dealer-fitting yet. So if you want to get the XL variant and upgrade the head-unit, or if you want to install the official rear-cam/360-degree setup, you can't. Basically, the showroom can't/won't touch any of the internals.
I have a feeling there's a spirit of Henry Ford lurking around somewhere.
Old 22nd February 2021, 11:24   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
Depending on the variant, that changes. XV CVT takes about 18 to 20 weeks to be delivered from date of booking, I was told today. XL CVT, on the other hand, will take only a week because they have a few in stock that have not been allocated (or possibly from cancelled bookings).
Which dealer was this? I booked the XV CVT P at Surya Nissan, Kanakapura road and was told to wait for 8-12 weeks.
XL CVT was readily available there as well.
Old 22nd February 2021, 11:35   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Which dealer was this? I booked the XV CVT P at Surya Nissan, Kanakapura road and was told to wait for 8-12 weeks.
Surya Nissan in Marathahalli.
Old 22nd February 2021, 12:01   #1044
BHPian

has anyone bought an extra alloy for the magnite from the dealer ? im talking about the spare wheel which is a smaller size wheel and not an alloy.

have you guys been successful at procuring a 5th allow? how much did it cost ?
Old 22nd February 2021, 12:03   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
I was considering booking a XL CVT myself, but apparently this doesn't come with the sports mode. Even the sales team weren't sure about this when I asked, but they asked around and came back with the answer that the overdrive button on the XL CVT is a dummy. You get the Sport mode only from XV CVT onwards.

Why, Nissan, why?
Same here. Realized the Sport mode omission while looking at the brochure and later reinforced it with Youtube videos. Finally, the dealer I went to had the XL CVT on display. Not sure why they removed what should essentially be a simple button to activate a function on the ECM but that finally convinced me to consider the XV CVT.

Had a few questions and would appreciate anyone who can clear them off:
  1. Does anyone know how much is the cancellation charge that Nissan is quoting? With such a long waiting period I rather not loose a chunk of change for cancellation if something better comes along.
  2. Is the extended warranty provided by Nissan itself? Or is it the infamous myTVS extended warranty that Renault provides on the Duster?
  3. Are there any decent tires that I can upgrade to? Continental UC6 or something equivalent. The suspension while being OK had a slightly stiff edge to it and I was hoping to negate that with better tires with a higher sidewall height.

Quote:
Not sure what is happening here. All the Nissan outlets in Bengaluru seem to of Surya Nissan. But they seem to quote higher waiting periods (I was told 4 months on average too).

Last edited by JithinR : 22nd February 2021 at 12:14.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:51   #1046
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
how much did it cost ?
Should be around 8k (32k for a set of 4 as per below link)
https://indianautosblog.com/official...vealed-p322069
Old 22nd February 2021, 19:17   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Should be around 8k (32k for a set of 4 as per below link)
https://indianautosblog.com/official...vealed-p322069
I'm not sure if they allow selling it in a single tyre format. i think its always a set of 4 no ?
Old 22nd February 2021, 21:15   #1048

Did a test drive of the Kiger over the weekend. The Turbo variant was in Service (apparently some incident with a customer kids and not vehicle related) so ended up driving only the Naturally aspirated Manual version. Exterior and interior definitely felt better than Magnite. The Driving Dynamics and suspension also felt more sorted in Kiger than the Magnite (not by much though). The non Turbo version didnt feel under powered (it was as short TD with only 2 people) in city driving with moderate traffic and in sport there was some perceivable change but not too much. Immediately went to the Nissan Showroom while the Kiger experience was fresh to compare.

Except the Spartan interiors Magnite appears to still be a better value for proposition to me especially for the XV Turbo trim that I have booked. At almost the same price as the kiger RXT; Magnite XV gets alloys, Auto AC, 2 extra speakers, Anti pinch windows, rear defogger and additional safety features.

Sticking to Magnite (for now... I think).
KrishnaKoka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 21:24   #1049
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
I'm not sure if they allow selling it in a single tyre format. i think its always a set of 4 no ?
Since it is direct lift from the XV variant (OE part) I don't see any reason for them to deny selling a single unit. Get in touch with the dealer
Old 22nd February 2021, 22:13   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
That's a good interview. Does the customer decide on buying the car in 5 seconds (As he put it)? Given his vast years of experience, there must be value in this statement. Can this be true?
Not exactly 5 seconds but yes, customers usually have their mind set on whether to buy that particular model or not as soon as they see and experience it.

Then to book it, there are test rides, cost discussion and a that. That's just re-assurance of his decision.

But if you don't like a particular car at all in the first impression, no amount of convincing, feature explanation, comparison would make him change his mind.

You either like something and get convinced/convince yourself, like something and not get convinced. Seldom would be the case where you don't like something and convincing would help. Nope!

BUT, if you don't like a particular model but are not immediately buying it. After some time the looks, features, value proposition and all that stuff may grow on you and who knows you may find it the best darn thing! (Happened to me with the Ignis )

In short, people just need to be convinced or reassured about their decision. It's mostly done in their mind already.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks