Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2022, 19:26   #391
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT

Is it just me or Hyundai cars got way uglier?
Old 2nd April 2022, 20:50   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Wouldn't that be extremely annoying though, with the sensor going off all the time in traffic? Just trying to understand how useful it is when everyone in India drives hugging the car ahead.
Not really. So, what happens in the Octavia is that the sensors initially start beeping and I have a choice to turn them off with a button or turn the sound off but still see how far the vehicles are from the car on the screen. I just wish there was a similar option on the Tucson.
Old 2nd April 2022, 20:53   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rainmaker View Post
Is it just me or Hyundai cars got way uglier?
It's all subjective in my opinion. Some people love these over the top designs coming out from Hyundai lately. Others who hate the new design language just adapt themselves to like it. Look at what's going on with the Creta. It's clearly a polarising design that doesn't appeal to many but given the overall package, people choose to ignore the design thinking it would just grow on them. Some others may opt for the Seltos with a relatively toned down design.
Those were my two cents.
Old 3rd April 2022, 07:33   #394
BHPian

I booked Tucson 2WD GLS AT Diesel Phantom Black on 8th of March and I was promised a 3 week delivery by Blue Hyundai Rajaji Nagar Showroom. But they exceeded my expectations and the car came to the Dealership on 10th, I did the PDI on 11th and took the delivery on 19th. Planning to write an ownership review soon. I got a good discount from Blue Hyundai and the experience with Blue was fabulous (details will be in review). If anyone is interested, I will connect you to the SA or Branch Manager.
Randamoozham is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 10:02   #395
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Cars look so bad-ass with sunfilm . It wasn't just protection from the harsh sun - also a bit of privacy, and far better looks.

Case in point:
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-20220402-19.12.13.jpg

In comparison, the mighty Q7 looks so "naked" & boring without any sunfilm:
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-20220402-19.13.07.jpg
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 20:51   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Cars look so bad-ass with sunfilm . It wasn't just protection from the harsh sun - also a bit of privacy, and far better looks.

Case in point:
Attachment 2291515

In comparison, the mighty Q7 looks so "naked" & boring without any sunfilm:
Attachment 2291516
I thought the sun film is banned as per the Supreme Court Order since 2012. Am I missing anything here?
Old 3rd April 2022, 21:34   #397
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randamoozham View Post
I thought the sun film is banned as per the Supreme Court Order since 2012. Am I missing anything here?
Indeed it is banned and the rule is enforced pretty strictly in Mumbai at least. However, I suspect it looks like an Embassy car and I think there might be either an exception for them or they may benefit from some latitude in enforcement.

Outside Mumbai in rest of Maharashtra I do find use of these films quite rampant - I think its not really enforced in rest of Maharashtra at least given the number of vehicles I see sporting such dark tints.
Old 4th April 2022, 11:52   #398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I booked Tucson 2WD GLS AT Diesel Phantom Black on 8th of March and I was promised a 3 week delivery by Blue Hyundai Rajaji Nagar Showroom. But they exceeded my expectations and the car came to the Dealership on 10th, I did the PDI on 11th and took the delivery on 19th. Planning to write an ownership review soon. I got a good discount from Blue Hyundai and the experience with Blue was fabulous (details will be in review). If anyone is interested, I will connect you to the SA or Branch Manager.
Could you please share price breakup and discount details? A friend is looking to buy one. Are there any discounts due to the fact that new model is going to be launched soon? What are the standard and extended warranty options available? Thanks.
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 15:25   #399
BHPian

I own a 12 yr old Ford Fusion 1.4 TDCI. The car has served me really well and is still in very good running condition, though seems to lose a little power on uphill stretches. I have recently relocated to Dehradun and travel to Delhi/NCR at least once in a couple of months, can't drive my fusion to Delhi being a diesel engine. Therefore the need to upgrade.

After reading extensively on Team bhp I have shortlisted two cars, VW Tiguan and Hyundai Tucson. Though the Tucson is supposedly dated, I like the low key appearance and 2L diesel engine. I am inclined to go in for the Tucson. I checked up with a few dealers in Dehradun and no discounts are on offer. Would anyone recommend a good dealer in Delhi/Gurgaon. Can I buy it online?

Thanks.

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th April 2022 at 16:58. Reason: Minor edits. Some spacing and capitalising where needed.
Old 4th April 2022, 15:52   #400
BHPian

Quote:
If anyone is interested, I will connect you to the SA or Branch Manager.
Congratulations on the new ride and best wishes for miles & miles of safe drives. I will DM you for the dealer contacts. Appreciate you offering to connect with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Could you please share price breakup and discount details? Are there any discounts due to the fact that new model is going to be launched soon?
Yes, if you can share more info on the pricing you got, that will be helpful. Thank you in advance
Old 4th April 2022, 15:53   #401
BHPian

As per the dealership, the new Tucson may come during Diwali of this year. It is a speculation on their end as well given that Hyundai is mum about their plans. There are discounts available. I called around and Blue was the last one to contact from my end. But they came to my home on the same day when I contacted them where as some dealers did not even have Test Drive vehicles. The SA (Shahabuddin) came with the Branch Manager (Naveen) to my home for test drive so that he could close the deal which was a smart move from their end. They offered me the best discount among all dealers in Bangalore. Since there was a specific request from the dealership not to disclose the numbers, I am not posting it here. You can contact Blue Hyundai, Rajaji Nagar and ask for either of them. Since this is a Tucson enquiry, you will get the right attention.

Regarding Warranty, Hyundai provides 3 Year Unlimited warranty. We will have to buy the 4th and 5th year warranty. Hyundai stopped the Wonder Warranty Program sometime in February this year. In my view was one of the best things which I also missed.

Warranty details below

https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/find-a...son/highlights

The Tiguan will be better than Tucson in terms of build quality and engineering aspects. I wanted a VW car but two things worked against Tiguan in my case. First it offers only a Petrol Engine, second is the price (7 lakhs difference). Tucson is the best practical car you can get at this price point.

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th April 2022 at 17:00. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Randamoozham is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 18:00   #402
BHPian

Quote:
You can contact Blue Hyundai, Rajaji Nagar and ask for either of them. Since this is a Tucson enquiry, you will get the right attention.
I spoke to Naveen and he is okay to share his contact number in the forum. He is the branch manager. His contact number is 984- 517-0003
Randamoozham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 21:38   #403
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to Naveen and he is okay to share his contact number in the forum. He is the branch manager. His contact number is 984- 517-0003
I'm not buying from Bangalore, so there is no point in me contacting this specific dealer to understand the discounts. Do you have private messaging privileges. If yes, can you please share the discount details in private.

I'm confused between GLS Petrol and Diesel. My running is less than 10k kms per year and does not really demand a Diesel engine. Added to that is that the minor irritants like DEF required for BS6 engine. However, I'm mindful that Tucson Petrol will depreciate much much faster than a Diesel version in the used car market.
Old 4th April 2022, 23:14   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
I'm confused between GLS Petrol and Diesel. My running is less than 10k kms per year and does not really demand a Diesel engine. Added to that is that the minor irritants like DEF required for BS6 engine.
If you are looking for ANY kind of "fun to drive" factor, then I would suggest get the diesel. That 2L engine and 8-speed gearbox combination is just brilliant! The car is an absolute hoot to drive.

Also, given that your usage is 10K per year, you are probably looking at refilling DEF around once a year or year-and-a-half. That's a microscopic irritant
Old 5th April 2022, 00:05   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
I'm confused between GLS Petrol and Diesel. My running is less than 10k kms per year and does not really demand a Diesel engine. Added to that is that the minor irritants like DEF required for BS6 engine. However, I'm mindful that Tucson Petrol will depreciate much much faster than a Diesel version in the used car market.
Does not matter even if your running is 5k kms per year, close your eyes and get the diesel. That 2.0CRDI + 8AT is just brilliant. Nothing else comes close, not even the Tiguan or the Jeep.

The petrol motor is just “meh”.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed