Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2022, 05:06   #406
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Do you have private messaging privileges. If yes, can you please share the discount details in private.
I am newbie in the forum and I do not think I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
I'm confused between GLS Petrol and Diesel. My running is less than 10k kms per year and does not really demand a Diesel engine.
Even my running is same as yours but I still went with Diesel. The power (you need a Diesel to move big vehicles like this) and I feel Petrol will not do justice. But I did not test drive a Petrol but all I read about the reviews and videos, all loved this engine and gearbox combo. And ofcourse, the Petrol will give you single digit FE where as in City drive I get 12-13 kmpl and I am sure it will improve overtime. It started somewhere in 9 and it is slowly going up.

I would encourage you to read the below Tucson Petrol review.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ck-beauty.html (2021 Hyundai Tucson GLS Petrol : My Black Beauty!)

To Quote Pyrotek
Quote:
"What I dislike
Petrol/gearbox responsiveness on kickdown at medium to high highway speeds--The Petrol will not knock the socks off you. Let's get this straight out of the way. If you are after performance and do not care about what it takes, just do yourself a favour and get the Diesel. With 188HP on tap and its vicious 400 Nm of torque, that powertrain will have you grinning from ear-to-ear at every turn. Its throttle-response is almost telepathic. The petrol is a much gentler beast. It has 152 BHP on tap with torque of just 192 Nm. When driven with linear throttle inputs, the pick-up is calm and brisk. But put your foot down to do that quick overtake on a 2-lane road and you will hear the engine jump till 3500 RPM before upshifting. It will get the overtake done but you realize that the car is hunting for the right gear in doing so. That's the only time you feel the powertrain is straining itself to get something done"
Hope it helps

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th April 2022 at 06:36. Reason: Minor language fix and inserting quote box
Randamoozham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 11:23   #407
BHPian

Tucson: A little chrome off the front

I love the way the current (Gen3) Tucson looks. Its elegant, classy and timeless. As many others on this forum have noted, Hyundai's Fluidic design language was one of the best on mass-market cars. And I agree. I think the Gen2 (or Elite) i20, the original Creta, the pre-facelift Gen6 Elantra are some of Hyundai's best looking cars.

The Tucson looks brilliant from all angles ... well almost. In the past few months of owning one, I've found that the front end seems to be my least favorite angle. A few weeks ago it hit me, "I hate chrome and always have". So maybe its the big chrome barbecue grill up front that is the problem.

As part of the googling Ph.D. that most BHPians do when buying a car, I had found that in other markets like the US, the Tucson is offered with different grills for different variants. Among these, my favorite was the one with the chrome cascade border, the black mesh like structure inside and the Hyundai logo somewhere in the middle. I think it was the lower SE and Value variants that had this kind of grill. So first I spent about an hour with MS-Paint (yes, old fashioned) to virtually remove those Ambassador Mark III like horizontal chrome bars and bring it close to those variants from the US market that I liked. IT LOOKED AWESOME Everyone I showed it to also concurred.

Next, I called up a few 3M car care places asking for more info and quotes. The 3M car care in Koramangala seemed to be the most knowledgeable and understanding of what I was trying to do. Some other 3M places gave me the standard by-line that many other BHPians have got, "saaaar, wrap won't stick on chrome, it will come off in a week, no guarantee". But having already gone though many threads on Team-BHP about this, I knew that others who got the exact same thing done have had it last for years. So I decided to go with 3M Koramangala.

They used 3M 2080 gloss black wrap. It took an 1 hour and 45 mins to complete because there was a lot cutting required by the intricate shape of the chrome bars (see below).

2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-tucson_chrome_grill_crop.png

They did an amazing job! Since it was 3M, the cost was obviously a little higher, and mostly for the labor involved and not the amount of materials used. But it looked brilliant so I didn't mind.

Here are some before and after shots, please excuse the unclean exteriors.

2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-tucson_grill_front_before_after_3.png

2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-tucson_grill_front_34_before_after_2.png
lordrayden is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 04:43   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umairalvi View Post
Not really. So, what happens in the Octavia is that the sensors initially start beeping and I have a choice to turn them off with a button or turn the sound off but still see how far the vehicles are from the car on the screen. I just wish there was a similar option on the Tucson.
Here is what the manual says,

Name:  Tucson Parking Sensor.JPG
Views: 1720
Size:  67.4 KB
Randamoozham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 22:12   #409
BHPian

Re: Tucson: A little chrome off the front

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
As part of the googling Ph.D. that most BHPians do when buying a car, I had found that in other markets like the US, the Tucson is offered with different grills for different variants. Among these, my favorite was the one with the chrome cascade border, the black mesh like structure inside and the Hyundai logo somewhere in the middle. I think it was the lower SE and Value variants that had this kind of grill. So first I spent about an hour with MS-Paint (yes, old fashioned) to virtually remove those Ambassador Mark III like horizontal chrome bars and bring it close to those variants from the US market that I liked. IT LOOKED AWESOME Everyone I showed it to also concurred.
Looks very nice, especially goes well with the white color.

My personal favourite for the Tucson is the N-Line grill. This was easily available on AliBaba / Ali Express for the pre '20 Facelist versions. Haven't seen a compatible version for the post Facelift models.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-2019hyundaitucsonnline.jpg  

autotranny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 23:07   #410
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tucson: A little chrome off the front

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post

They did an amazing job! Since it was 3M, the cost was obviously a little higher, and mostly for the labor involved and not the amount of materials used. But it looked brilliant so I didn't mind.
Looks good
Personal opinion, I feel it will look better if you fully de-chrome. Now that outer chrome layer is standing out.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 18:43   #411
BHPian

Received a call today from SA at Advaith Hyundai Mangalore. He mentioned that the new Tucson is expected by beginning of June and if I was interested. I had test driven the Tucson with them and had put the purchase on hold a month ago. He was not trying to push the old Tucson, so this might be genuine information. He said he will reach out again once he has details. Again, speculation yes, but thought I’d update anyway.
elroydsilva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 06:25   #412
BHPian

I too had received a call from my SA in Popular Hyundai, Trivandrum. I had been checking on tentative launch dates since January 2022 and always got the standard response - "We have not got any updates from Hyundai". On April 4th, SA called me and informed that the launch would happen before August.
manumike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 05:57   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumike View Post
I too had received a call from my SA in Popular Hyundai, Trivandrum. I had been checking on tentative launch dates since January 2022 and always got the standard response - "We have not got any updates from Hyundai". On April 4th, SA called me and informed that the launch would happen before August.
I am on the verge of booking the Tucson 2.0 L 4W, with this news of the launch of the new Tucson by Aug 22 is making news. Als Heard it today from SA fom Superon Hyundai Gurgaon. In a dilemma, to buy now or wait. The new Tucson comparable model will also be be at least 5-6 lakhs more expensive, though not sure if would add any substantial value to the car.Is it worthwhile waiting or should i go ahead and book on 12 April as i have planned.
Old 11th April 2022, 15:41   #414
BHPian

Generally, I have seen that a car's recommended "fully loaded" pressure is higher (by 10-20%) than the recommended "normal" pressure.

But for the Tucson, this is what it says near the door sill:
3 people + 1 bag: 35 psi
5 people + 3 bags: 35 psi

2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-tucson_recommended_tyre_pressure-.jpeg

Does anyone have any idea about the reasoning behind this? Is it that as cars get heavier, the additional weight of those extra people/bags is a smaller percentage of the total gross weight so its ok to run the same pressure? A quick google search for the recommended tyre pressure for other SUVs like the Scorpio, CR-V for Fortuner seem to show only one set of values too.

Also, what kind of tyre pressures do you folks run when you know the car will be fully loaded?
Old 11th April 2022, 18:05   #415
BHPian

When I took the delivery of the car three weeks ago, the tyre pressure was set at 40. I could feel the potholes and the bumps. I reduced the pressure to 35 and I could feel a considerable difference in the riding comfort. It is especially evident when I was driving with 4 people including me. Hope it helps
Randamoozham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 20:52   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalu View Post
I am on the verge of booking the Tucson 2.0 L 4W, with this news of the launch of the new Tucson by Aug 22 is making news. Als Heard it today from SA fom Superon Hyundai Gurgaon. In a dilemma, to buy now or wait. The new Tucson comparable model will also be be at least 5-6 lakhs more expensive, though not sure if would add any substantial value to the car.Is it worthwhile waiting or should i go ahead and book on 12 April as i have planned.
I agree the new Tucson might be more expensive, but I sense an improved Petrol engine in the newer one plus a faint possibility of a Hybrid. If you are OK with a Petrol motor, I think you can still expect it in a sub 30 category.
Old 11th April 2022, 23:18   #417
BHPian

I am considering Tuscan Diesel as a replacement for my Rapid TDI DSG and my biggest concern is on the Safety side. The information I could gather was rather disappointing.
E.g.: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...0(Latin%20NCAP).

Not sure if there are any different reports or analysis on the safety of this model
Old 12th April 2022, 06:36   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsWagen View Post
I am considering Tuscan Diesel as a replacement for my Rapid TDI DSG and my biggest concern is on the Safety side. The information I could gather was rather disappointing.
E.g.: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...0(Latin%20NCAP).

Not sure if there are any different reports or analysis on the safety of this model
Quoting the same article. You should not use the same for your decisions

"Hyundai Tucson in India
It’s worth noting that the current Tucson on sale here is the third-generation model, although it is significantly better equipped than the version crash tested by Latin NCAP. These test results, thus, do not apply to the model sold here.

In India, the Hyundai Tucson comes loaded with safety features such as six airbags, ESC, vehicle stability management (VSM), hill-start assist control, tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS), brake assist, three-point seat belts for all three passengers at the rear, ISOFIX anchors, front and rear parking sensors with a reverse parking camera and more as standard. What’s common between the India and Latin-spec models are just the seatbelt pretensioners, ISOFIX anchorages and driver side seat belt warning."
Randamoozham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 08:06   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalu View Post
I was in the same boat late last year and decided to wait. I usually keep my cars for around 10 years. Current generation Tucson on sale here is towards the end of its life globally. While I like the looks of the current generation better, I have a feeling that another five years down the line, spares for the current generation Tucson could be difficult to source considering the fact that it never sold in big numbers.
manumike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 11:31   #420
BHPian

Got a call from my SA few minutes back to inform they have started taking bookings for new Tucson. Booking amount 21K which is fully refundable in case of a cancellation. Expected launch around June timeframe as SA.
manumike is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks