Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2022, 14:46   #496
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantia View Post
It is almost like driving a manual, the Tucson reduces speed significantly when you step off the gas, like in-gear braking
I have a 2016 model manual transmission diesel Tucson. I find it has some kind of in-gear acceleration, in the sense that if I slot it in 2nd gear, it'll cruise (am loosely using the word) at some speed (like 25 kmph or so, IIRC) even if I don't press the accelerator at all! And continues this cruising indefinitely as long as the road is more or less flat. If on 3rd gear, it'll cruise at at some higher speed, like 35 kmph.

Why is that?

I've never seen this behaviour in my earlier petrol manual transmission sedans.

Sure, a slight acceleration was there (bcoz of which without acceleration if you just release clutch it'll slowly accelerate), but it'd almost always stall if you didnt accelerate after having once started.
Old 9th May 2022, 14:51   #497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Why is that?

I've never seen this behaviour in my earlier petrol manual transmission sedans.
It's the anti-stall mechanism which tries to maintain a minimum RPM at all times where there's no A input. Couple that with the good low end torque in a diesel and it can continue rolling in all gears without A input.

That said, this behaviour is seen in petrol cars too where the anti-stall+torque is tuned well. I have gone upto 4th gear until it started shuddering.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 08:59   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantia View Post
How does the driving experience compare to the Fortuner? Well, you are seated higher and have a better view outside. The steering in the Fortuner has way better feel / weight. The brakes in the Tucson are spongier but it is easy to get used to them.
Just curious, how does the highway driving experience compare?
Old 10th May 2022, 11:01   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
Just curious, how does the highway driving experience compare?
It has been a couple of days and mostly city driving. Due to work pressures and an imminent overseas travel, we will be able to do a highway travel only in July. The Tucson so far has shown good dynamics and behaviour. It sits lower than the Fortuner, has pretty much the same width and better suspension settings, with better power-to-weight ratio. The Fortuner was / is a great highway cruiser, that could absorb a lot of abuse with zero rattles and shakes. And I doubt the Tucson can do that due to its low profile tires and lower ground clearance. So, frankly, I am guessing that I will need to be way more careful at nights and on rough roads.

As an example, on the Yamuna Expressway, there are many culverts that are not matched evenly with the adjoining road. The Fortuner used to just barrel through, hammering those kind of things into submission. At about 30kmph, the rumble strips were also not perceptible, especially with my Duellers and Nitrogen filled tires.

Great question and so, yes, I am looking forward to the initial trips on familiar highways and do a compare.
xantia is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 19:26   #500
BHPian

If any of our forum members from mumbai has any contact with hyundai SA do let me know . I am interested in buying this model of tucson. Some dealers saying its discontinued some are saying only Rs. 50000 discount available . They can place order in the plant.
Old 20th May 2022, 14:27   #501
adv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil1406 View Post
Hi - I got a discount of 1.5L for the GLS petrol from Shreenath Hyundai, Mumbai. The on-road price was Rs.27.9L (insurance was purchased through the dealer).
HI @Nikhil1406 when did you make your Tucson purchase? What were the available variants at the time? Were there limitations on colours available? Did you also try checking any of the other dealers like Modi etc. in Mumbai before you finalized with Shreenath? Appreciate your inputs
Old 20th May 2022, 15:49   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv View Post
HI @Nikhil1406 when did you make your Tucson purchase? What were the available variants at the time? Were there limitations on colours available? Did you also try checking any of the other dealers like Modi etc. in Mumbai before you finalized with Shreenath? Appreciate your inputs
Got a call from shreem hyundai and shreenath hyundai. No cars available in Mumbai as well as in Hyundai plant. New version will be launched around a month's time according to them. They are asking to book for new variant.

I am checking with other dealers also. If you are interested in buying do let me know. We can negotiate greater discounts. Mods I can't send him direct message . Therefore posting here.

Last edited by Axe77 : 20th May 2022 at 16:26. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Old 21st May 2022, 19:11   #503

Quote:
Hey, I booked my car on 2nd April and took delivery on the 24th. I contacted most of the dealers in Bombay before finalising with Shreenath. I was firm on the petrol GLS variant and the phantom black colour so I don’t ask about any other colour options. Here was what I was told:

Modi: Variant and colour available in the plant. No discounts offered and no test drive/display car available. I declined as I was not comfortable with booking a car without even seeing it.

Sai Auto Hyundai: Car in dealer and Hyundai stock. Minimum discount offered of ₹1.2L. No test drive or display car available. Again I declined for the aforementioned reason.

Shreem: They directly said that there’s no car in stock, found it odd as other dealers said that the car is available in the Hyundai plant. Declined to proceed.

Shreenath: Like the others, they said that the car is available with Hyundai and they can get it delivered within 10 days. They also offered an initial discount of ₹1.2L which was increased to ₹1.5L at the time of booking. They also had a car on display which we could go and see. Unfortunately this was a customer car due for delivery and hence could not take a test drive. We went ahead and booked with them as they offered the best discount and also had a car for us to see.

Though all said and done, I think the above info will be quite dated now as the newer posts seem to suggest that there are no cars available with the dealers or Hyundai.

Hope this helps, do let me know if you need any more info!
Nikhil1406 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 19:15   #504

Quote:
Originally Posted by M124 View Post
If any of our forum members from mumbai has any contact with hyundai SA do let me know . I am interested in buying this model of tucson. Some dealers saying its discontinued some are saying only Rs. 50000 discount available . They can place order in the plant.
Hi, I can put you in touch with the SA who sold me my Tucson. He was excellent.

Mods: I don’t have PM privileges yet and I’m not sure about the forum rules on posting SA contacts, not sure how we go about this.
Old 21st May 2022, 20:33   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil1406 View Post
Hi, I can put you in touch with the SA who sold me my Tucson. He was excellent.

Mods: I don’t have PM privileges yet and I’m not sure about the forum rules on posting SA contacts, not sure how we go about this.
No cars are available in Mumbai. I have called all dealers. Max discount was in region of 75000 to 100000rs. If insurance is availed by customer then additional 50000 can be saved.
Old 22nd May 2022, 12:56   #506
adv
BHPian

Quote:
Got a call from shreem hyundai and shreenath hyundai. No cars available in Mumbai as well as in Hyundai plant. New version will be launched around a month's time according to them. They are asking to book for new variant.

I am checking with other dealers also. If you are interested in buying do let me know. We can negotiate greater discounts. Mods I can't send him direct message . Therefore posting here.
Hi @M124, Yes I am interested in buying this vehicle - petrol variant either GLO or GLS. How can I get in touch with you? I'm unable to DM you.

Thanks @Nikhil1406 for the detailed info.

When I had called Shreenath two weeks ago, they said said they didn't have a test drive vehicle but sent me a price list and brochure. Said he'd check on the availability. When I called them again yesterday, they said no cars available, new gen will be launched in June so please wait for that.

When I called Modi, they were able to get me a test drive of the diesel variant (I'm looking for Petrol) so I could get a general feel for the vehicle. SA said he will check back with the company for current availability; I am yet to hear back from him.
Old 22nd May 2022, 14:34   #507
One
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Hi @M124, Yes I am interested in buying this vehicle - petrol variant either GLO or GLS.
I will be exploring the new version, do keep me posted.

Last edited by One : 22nd May 2022 at 14:59.
Old 22nd May 2022, 14:56   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
If will be exploring the new version, do keep me posted.
Like Mat Watson from car wow said the tucson looks like alien from the movie alien vs predator .I too agree with him. It looks very ugly to me. I am not interested in the newer model.
M124 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 20:43   #509
BHPian

Arsh hyundai sion has petrol tucson gls white color done 4000 kms as a test drive vehicle 2020 model. Anyone interested contact them .
M124 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 11:30   #510
adv
BHPian

Quote:
Arsh hyundai sion has petrol tucson gls white color done 4000 kms as a test drive vehicle 2020 model. Anyone interested contact them .
Thanks @M124 for the info.

Was just curious to get views of the Forum on whether a lightly used car say 30k km over 2-3 years would be more preferable than going for a test drive vehicle? Of course the used one would be the pre-facelift version, but speaking just in terms of mechanical condition, etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks