Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2022, 15:58   #556
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
I'm facing some rritating issues with the ICE.

Each time I finish a call, the last played song suddenly starts playing. This is the case even if no music was playing prior to receiving the call. The music that it is playing is through Spotify on my phone.

Whenever I start the car, again the last played song from the last played source starts playing.

Is there any way to control / stop this behaviour?
You should be able to do this in Android auto/Carplay settings on your phone.
gary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 22:04   #557
BHPian

Long term Tucson owners will know the pain of finding replacement tyres of the 225/50 R18 variety due to the limited number of cars sold in India that use this rare size. Other than the OEM Nexens, Bridgestone and Vredesteins were the only ones available.

But worry no more, the soon to be ubiquitous Toyota Innova Hycross has 225/50 R18s (in the higher ZX variants). So hopefully Tucson owners will have more choice of rubber going forward.
lordrayden is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 13:42   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randamoozham View Post
I could not get the wiper working automatically. I find two issues with wipers.

The automatic function does not work. When I mentioned the same in the first service, the service manager asked one of his guys to splash some water on to the windshield and the wiper worked. But it does not work while raining even though I adjusted the sensitivity of the wiper and made it max.

The second issue is that the wiper gets automatically on when the car gets into a sudden bumpy road
The SA fixed the sensor by applying super glue to the sensor but it did not work since he found out that the sensor was not glued properly. So he went with the replacement route. He had to order it and it took almost a month to get it from Korea. He tested it by flashing water on the windscreen but I will not call it a success unless I test it properly in a good rain with different sensitivities though.2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-20220826_115009.jpg
Old 12th December 2022, 14:03   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
Long term Tucson owners will know the pain of finding replacement tyres of the 225/50 R18 variety due to the limited number of cars sold in India that use this rare size. Other than the OEM Nexens, Bridgestone and Vredesteins were the only ones available.

But worry no more, the soon to be ubiquitous Toyota Innova Hycross has 225/50 R18s (in the higher ZX variants). So hopefully Tucson owners will have more choice of rubber going forward.
Thats good news. When I bought the car, there was a thought to change to Pirelli since I heard horror stories about stock Nexen tyres. Distinguished-BHPian nkrishnap also suggested the same when I visited his Car detailing shop, Krithi Car Care for PPF application. I did not want to spend and decided to continue with stock until a decent mileage of 25K (min).

Having said that I heard from another Tucson owner that his mileage dropped since he switched to Pirelli.
Old 29th December 2022, 06:20   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
Aren't Tucson tyres 225/55 R18? I really don't want lower sidewalls than existing ones.

I was planning to replace Nexen tyres with Vredestein on hitting 20k.
moongazer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 19:02   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
Aren't Tucson tyres 225/55 R18? I really don't want lower sidewalls than existing ones.
You are absolutely right, the Tucson DOES wear 225/55 R18s. Looks like I got confused with the profile number. Maybe I was too eager to find more tyre options that I saw what I wanted to see . Thanks for pointing it out.
lordrayden is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 18:20   #562
BHPian

Floor mats

Bought the new Tucson 2L Diesel In May 22, fantastic and easy car to drive on the highway as well as on congested roads of Pune. Got the stock floor mats with the car, looking for decent floor mats, which are washable, any recommendations?
Old 28th January 2023, 16:49   #563

Hello,
Need some info/feedback on 2020 model.

- Headlamp leveling system. How it works?
- Any aftermarket 360' camera system.
- LED headlamp issues. Anything outside the low beam range is invisible.High Beam doesn't help either.
- Need for additional LED bars ?Feedback on them.
Old 2nd March 2023, 12:34   #564
BHPian

All seems peaceful here and hence, I am here to add some life to this dead thread. It is good in a way because it cements the fact that owning a Tucson is boring.. and I mean it in a good way.. haha!

I am here to state that I have completed 35k kms without any hassles/issues, touchwood. It is consistently returnng a fuel economy of 10-12 km/l in the city and around 15-17 km/l on the highway depending on how violent you are with the accelerator. The car runs good as new and has only undergone the 3 routine services at designated intervals. Nothing much to say honestly! I shall try posting pictures of the car whenever I happen to click a few. Any questions are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer84 View Post
Hello,
Need some info/feedback on 2020 model.

- Headlamp leveling system. How it works?
- Any aftermarket 360' camera system.
- LED headlamp issues. Anything outside the low beam range is invisible.High Beam doesn't help either.
- Need for additional LED bars ?Feedback on them.
1) I am not sure if the car has auto levelling headlamps but I haven't really had an issue with the default setting.
2) It's tough to find a aftermarket 360° camera for a model that sells only a handful each month. I would suggest against getting this installed at all.
3) I am not facing this problem. The throw from the low and high beam is more than satisfactory for me.
4) I honestly hate those. They completely blind oncoming traffic and are a safety hazard IMHO. As I said, for me, the light performance is adequate in most conditions.

Last edited by umairalvi : 2nd March 2023 at 12:35.
umairalvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 12:20   #565

@umairalvi
Thank you for the feedback. Pls find my views.

1) our model doesn't have a headlamp level dial. If am right older and newer model have. So with load how does the light beam adjust?
2) I agree, but my search continues. Someone suggested "Powerdrive". Some 3d kit they fix in any existing AV system. Dont know its effect on warranty.
3)Are the high beams increasing your visibility on road surface ? For me they illuminate only if there is a reflector or a vehicle ahead.Road surface visibility is only due to low beam.
Old 14th May 2023, 21:22   #566
BHPian

Has anyone installed a dashcam or a 360 camera in their cars? Looking for advice on the wiring and any any adverse impact on warranty.
Old 31st May 2023, 10:50   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
Hi Rahul. Hope you are enjoying your AWD Tucson! I have a basic question. What is your engine RPM while you are cruising at 100 kmph? I want to know if there is a difference between AWD and 2WD variant.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry for super delayed reply. Not a regular here anymore. (Life sucks)

It is about 1200 rpm at 100 kmph.
rahulv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 13:50   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Has anyone installed a dashcam or a 360 camera in their cars? Looking for advice on the wiring and any any adverse impact on warranty.
I did install a dashcam, but wired it to the 12V socket in the dash. This way, no splicing of wires was required, and hence no impact on warranty.

I am quite keen to get a 360 degree cam installed. Please let me know if you have found good options
qaqa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 13:55   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalu View Post
Floor mats

Bought the new Tucson 2L Diesel In May 22, fantastic and easy car to drive on the highway as well as on congested roads of Pune. Got the stock floor mats with the car, looking for decent floor mats, which are washable, any recommendations?
I purchased Maxspider 3D Kagu mats from 3dmatsindia.com If you are in Bangalore, Hot Tracks (Ph: 8884788843) is the dealer. You can speak to them directly and negotiate some discounts.

I have been using these mats since the last 8-9 months, and I haven't had any reason to complain. Go for it.

Last edited by qaqa : 4th June 2023 at 14:14.
qaqa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 21:11   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I have installed the Garmin mini 2 camera (arguably the world's smallest dash camera). The wiring runs through the side panel to the 12v car lighter charger, so nothing related to the warranty. Planning to add a rear cam soon.
monish_m is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks