Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2020, 17:50   #61
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT

One more update on the number plates:

- Once the registration is done, the RTO will generate a high security code (actually, a pair of codes) and send them to their printing vendor.

- The vendor will print front and back licence plates (with different codes) and a sticker.

- The dealer will pick up the plates / stickers.

- The dealer will attach the plates and the stickers. Note that the attachment is supposed to be permanent. They used some kind of funky screw plus bolt cutter combination. I don't think you can unscrew these plates. This happened to me on day 5.

- The dealer will take photographs of the front and back licence plates with their codes and upload on the RTO side.

- The RTO will then proceed for RC smart card printing. I was told that this will take at least 2-3 weeks.

Here is a picture of my car with the licence plate attached. I am cooking up a more detailed review in the Assembly line section, will take a while to finish.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-tuscon_with_licence_plate.jpg  

QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 19:31   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
Here is a picture of my car with the licence plate attached. I am cooking up a more detailed review in the Assembly line section, will take a while to finish.
Congratulations on your purchase and thanks for the details. The car looks awesome! Waiting for your detailed review.

I am awaiting the delivery of my Tucson too which would hopefully be in the next couple of weeks.
absingh911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 22:36   #63
BHPian

Quote:
l

Kindly post the ownership review as soon as possible, my family is considering upgrading to Tucson AWD from our EcoSport. Your review will be of a lot of help.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 08:19   #64
BHPian

Been a week with the car. 900 km done.Have not taken it on highways around bangalore and most of it within city.
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-24d682f2c3824aadaadfcd30c788b59c.jpeg

My frame of reference is 2013 Jetta Deisel
  • I am still amazed how effortless this car is. Power available when needed. Never in wrong gear, never reving out of control.
  • my past experiences with auto gearbox were poor and was almost sure that I will not by without paddle shifters. After test drive of endeavor and tucson, I feel these gearboxes can be tested.
  • searing is not super good. VW had much better setup.
  • engine does not make noise in normal driving. Hack even the eco mode is peppy.
  • loving the sunroof.
    2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-7fd6a4b3fd0841e3be87eec0d7befde2.jpeg
  • fuel economy 12kmpl. Mix use.
  • audio system is good. It is not an audiophile setup and car systems usually are not. Enough instrument separation and details, spacious. (Adjust the eq, factory setting had bass jacked up). bonus, the infotainment plays lossless also. Bass does get mix and looks muddy in some tracks.
  • Another point on music system. Sound signature is better with USB and apple car play.

2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-97b0e67e74d34bf3a0c2d75ce82a389e.jpeg
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-28305c1df579429eae51198f508d6f63.jpeg
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-6b2736e7d5d14dae8773e26165ff2a41.jpeg
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-6b2736e7d5d14dae8773e26165ff2a41.jpeg  

2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-28305c1df579429eae51198f508d6f63.jpeg  

2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-97b0e67e74d34bf3a0c2d75ce82a389e.jpeg  

Last edited by rahulv : 23rd November 2020 at 08:31. Reason: Pics upload
rahulv is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 08:40   #65
BHPian

@rahulv Your car looks absolutely smashing in that blue shade. The front looks somewhat like an Audi. I can see from the photos that you and your son are thoroughly enjoying the car. Waiting to read an ownership review from your side.

Cheers,
Sreesh
Sreesh1009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 09:58   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
Kindly post the ownership review as soon as possible, my family is considering upgrading to Tucson AWD from our EcoSport. Your review will be of a lot of help.
Hi Lowflyer23, my review is up. Kindly read through and give me your feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulv View Post
Been a week with the car. 900 km done. Have not taken it on highways around bangalore and most of it within city.
Hi Rahulv, congrats on your new Tucson. The starry night colour looks amazing! I wanted to get that colour too but my wife wanted black (and of course, she won).

I did some "highway" trips just for the sake of taking the car on longer rides and it was very enjoyable. I recommend you to try the same.

Us fellow Tucson owners should meet up sometime for a highway drive.
Old 23rd November 2020, 22:59   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
The top model costs approximately 33/36 lakhs on road in India. For about 6/8 lakhs more, one can easily get the Mini countryman with the stonker 190bhp diesel or petrol. Besides the 6/8 lakhs doesn't mean much if one buys on EMI. Even otherwise bmw has a decent program where in one is assured of a minimum 16/17 lakh buyback after 4 years. The Tucson meanwhile may sell for peanuts due lacklusture sales.
One has to draw a line regarding the budget.
Besides, I wouldn’t compare the Mini to the Tucson. 2 very different vehicles that meet different needs.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 00:18   #68
BHPian

Test drove the Tucson and loved the driving experience. For me, engine and reliability are two important factors and the Tucson wins on both fronts. I like the old school interiors with limited features in comparison to the Creta and I will eagerly wait to see how these cars loaded with gizmos, age especially post the 5-year mark.

I visited Modi Hyundai and they have a dedicated SA for the Elantra and Tucson. He also shared with me a brochure where they have compared Tucson with the Compass/Karoq/CRV/X1

It is a huge PDF file - 35MB and hence not being able to upload it here.

Last edited by RJ2285 : 29th November 2020 at 00:19. Reason: Typo
RJ2285 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 09:13   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
He also shared with me a brochure where they have compared Tucson with the Compass/Karoq/CRV/X1. It is a huge PDF file - 35MB and hence not being able to upload it here.
This looks interesting. If you are game, can you compress the PDF using a free online site like SmartPDF and post it here? Thanks.
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 10:12   #70
BHPian

Test drove the Tucson yesterday. Hyundai have a dedicated team for sales of Tucson and the Elantra.

Funnily enough I asked to test drive a petrol and the guy landed up with a diesel and then when I asked he said they don’t have a petrol car for test drive which seemed to be strange.

The car itself is so refined, everything inside is of good quality. The NVH levels inside the cabin were very low. The engine and suspension are wonderfully tuned. I like the old school looks and charm of this Hyundai.

Only problem to me seemed to be the boot. Coming from a sedan (Rapid), it seemed not so spacious. Also earlier in the day I test drove the Harrier, the boot seemed smaller even though it is rated bigger. Everything else the Tucson runs circles around the Harrier and is a clear winner.

When I quizzed about the lack of terrain modes the sales rep claimed that they haven’t provided it on purpose and it’s one less thing for the driver to worry about. I just smiled and let it go.

Apart from the boot their is nothing to find fault with this wonderful offering from Hyundai.
Garth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 11:40   #71
BHPian

Quote:
This looks interesting. If you are game, can you compress the PDF using a free online site like SmartPDF and post it here? Thanks.
Here you go -

https://smallpdf.com/shared#st=ceb6b...l=edit&rf=link

This might just be active for 14 days though!
RJ2285 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 16:29   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Only problem to me seemed to be the boot. Coming from a sedan (Rapid), it seemed not so spacious. Also earlier in the day I test drove the Harrier, the boot seemed smaller even though it is rated bigger.
Haha, this is the power of previous experience. I came from a Maruti Swift with a tiny boot and the Tucson boot seems huge in comparison.
Old 29th November 2020, 18:39   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Haha, this is the power of previous experience. I came from a Maruti Swift with a tiny boot and the Tucson boot seems huge in comparison.
I know that feeling. I graduated from a Swift to a Rapid. The difference was huge. But the Tucson just seems a let down in that department. Everything else it’s just brilliant. I want to congratulate you on your choice of car. It’s arguably the best in the segment.
Garth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 22:50   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
I know that feeling. I graduated from a Swift to a Rapid. The difference was huge. But the Tucson just seems a let down in that department. Everything else it’s just brilliant. I want to congratulate you on your choice of car. It’s arguably the best in the segment.
I am not sure why do you feel that the Tucson has lesser boot space than Rapid. On paper, Rapid has 460 L while Tucson has 490+ L. Further, in an SUV you have the option of removing the parcel tray/cover and load taller objects, which can't do in a sedan.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 11:43   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I am not sure why do you feel that the Tucson has lesser boot space than Rapid. On paper, Rapid has 460 L while Tucson has 490+ L. Further, in an SUV you have the option of removing the parcel tray/cover and load taller objects, which can't do in a sedan.
On paper, yes it has more space than the Rapid. Yes, I can load taller objects as well. But, for my usage, the Rapid can take in a lot more, e.g. you can't store a lot of smaller objects in the Tucson's boot, after putting in 2/3 bags, which the Rapid's all enclosed boot can take.

For some reason even the Harrier's boot, though only rated at 425 litre appears to to be bigger than the Tucson's. In reality it might not be. I don't know. This might be just me, but that's what I observed, and I could very well be wrong.

Most Viewed