Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2020, 10:21   #76
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
On paper, yes it has more space than the Rapid. Yes, I can load taller objects as well. But, for my usage, the Rapid can take in a lot more, e.g. you can't store a lot of smaller objects in the Tucson's boot, after putting in 2/3 bags, which the Rapid's all enclosed boot can take.
i upgraded from Jetta and the boot is little smaller than Jetta. So my guess is that it should definitely be bigger than Rapid or Vento. But i cant be sure

and trust me it is lot more usable compared to sedan boot. its flat so you can slide all heavy stuff.

There is a net for holding small stuff in place. plus there is enough space around the spare to keep stuff like umbrella, cleaning microfibers, water bottles etc etc.
rahulv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 11:33   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
On paper, yes it has more space than the Rapid. Yes, I can load taller objects as well. But, for my usage, the Rapid can take in a lot more, e.g. you can't store a lot of smaller objects in the Tucson's boot, after putting in 2/3 bags, which the Rapid's all enclosed boot can take.

For some reason even the Harrier's boot, though only rated at 425 litre appears to to be bigger than the Tucson's. In reality it might not be. I don't know. This might be just me, but that's what I observed, and I could very well be wrong.
Try to use the area around the spare tyre to put not-so-frequently used items . I have put my Jopasu duster, tyre inflator kit and car vacuum cleaner inside the spare wheel area of my 2020 Creta (433 litres), which frees up the designated boot for luggage.
The Harrier has this formally organised as a two-level boot compartment.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 13:30   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Try to use the area around the spare tyre to put not-so-frequently used items . I have put my Jopasu duster, tyre inflator kit and car vacuum cleaner inside the spare wheel area of my 2020 Creta (433 litres), which frees up the designated boot for luggage.
Hi fhdowntheline, thank you for this useful advice. I have purchased a Jopasu duster and have ordered a tyre inflator kit. Can you give me some details about the vacuum cleaner? Is it portable and powered by a 12V socket? That would be very useful to have.
Old 2nd December 2020, 04:36   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
Hi fhdowntheline, thank you for this useful advice. I have purchased a Jopasu duster and have ordered a tyre inflator kit. Can you give me some details about the vacuum cleaner? Is it portable and powered by a 12V socket? That would be very useful to have.
I got the portable car vac from Croma last year for about 1900 Rs. It is powered via the 12V socket. Its quite light and handy and has a couple of attachments for flexibility.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 21:35   #80
BHPian

Just got an info from my friend who recently purchased it that the stock tyres (haven't heard the name at all) are not good enough for a premium SUV of this sort. Already, one blast and again, an air leak on the replaced tyre. Are these tyres too inferior for a premium product? Just wondering. Does Hyundai take such risks with their top of the line premium SUV (currently in the absence of SantaFe) or are they trying to promote KIA as their premium segment. Not sure

Last edited by Jo-G : 13th December 2020 at 21:39.
Old 15th December 2020, 10:29   #81
BHPian

engine oil grade

Does anyone know what engine oil to use in diesel tucson?

Also, does anyone else follow the ritual of changing engine oil after first few thousand kilometers? i have been doing it since 2000, but i guess modern vehicles may not need as manufacturing is much more advanced now. my first maruti has lot of fine aluminum dust mixed in engine oil when i checked first.

notice i called in ritual, as i dont have any data or theory to prove for or against.
Old 15th December 2020, 10:54   #82
BANNED

Re: engine oil grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulv View Post
Does anyone know what engine oil to use in diesel Tucson?
You can go for either for 5W30 or 5W40 as per the owner's manual:

2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-screenshot_20201215105534__01.jpg

Quote:
Also, does anyone else follow the ritual of changing engine oil after first few thousand kilometres?
Best to change the oil around the first 1,000-1,500 kms mark. During the first service, Hyundai will not do any oil change but I got it done outside along with the oil filter.

Here changing the oil filter also is very important since that will trap all the metal filings etc (if any) that get into the oil during the running-in period. Hence it is best to change both engine oil and the oil filter.

Last edited by a4anurag : 15th December 2020 at 10:57. Reason: Replacing image.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 19:53   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Best to change the oil around the first 1,000-1,500 kms mark. During the first service, Hyundai will not do any oil change but I got it done outside along with the oil filter.

Here changing the oil filter also is very important since that will trap all the metal filings etc (if any) that get into the oil during the running-in period. Hence it is best to change both engine oil and the oil filter.
My car has run close to 3000 km. I was planning to change engine oil and oil filter at 5000km, but based on your recommendation, I think I'll just do it next week.

From here on, I plan to change every 5000 km or so. Does this sound reasonable?
Old 15th December 2020, 20:33   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know what engine oil to use in diesel tucson?

Also, does anyone else follow the ritual of changing engine oil after first few thousand kilometers? i have been doing it since 2000, but i guess modern vehicles may not need as manufacturing is much more advanced now. my first maruti has lot of fine aluminum dust mixed in engine oil when i checked first.

notice i called in ritual, as i dont have any data or theory to prove for or against.
Per my service advisor's suggestion, I change the engine oil in my diesel Tucson every 10,000 kms or every year, whichever occurs earlier.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 20:47   #85
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
From here on, I plan to change every 5000 km or so. Does this sound reasonable?
I suggest you to change the oil and oil filter now, after that stick to the interval prescribed by Hyundai i.e. 1 year or 10,000 kms, whichever is earlier.

Is the service center filling in synthetic oil already? Any Tucson owner can share their bill?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 12:13   #86
BHPian

Hello fellow Tucson owners, a couple of things that you might find useful.

The first point: a fellow Tucson owner (pre-facelift model) was getting his (mostly?) black car painted completely black. I met him during that time and requested him and the FNG to send me some pictures once they were done, since I thought that this was interesting.

Here are some pictures. The chrome on all sides, the bumpers/cladding and the alloys have all been painted black. There is very little chrome left (only logo, badges and door handles, I think). I would love to do the same on my car, but my wife is not for it. Maybe a few years down the line, as a mid-life refresh?

Front view:
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-tucson_allblack_front1.jpg

Another front view:
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-tucson_allblack_front2.jpg

Rear view 1:
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-tucson_allblack_rear1.jpg

Rear view 2:
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-tucson_allblack_rear2.jpg

Rear view 3:
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-tucson_allblack_rear3.jpg

------------
The second point is about availability of parts outside of dealers. Simply put, they are apparently not available. It seems Hyundai has quietly stopped selling parts to FNGs. I ran into this when I was getting my engine oil changed, and we couldn't get a diesel oil filter anywhere. After a lot of running around, one kind service manager at Trident Service Station gave us the part, but only after seeing my car and adding it to my service history.

It seems Hyundai wants to push more business to the dealers / service centres instead of independent FNGs. I am not sure how long this might last or what all it affects, I hope it gets sorted out soon.
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 09:20   #87
BHPian

Hi. Just a correction, the 2020 facelift does come with a full alloy spare. I got my vehicle this Jan. Not sure if Hyundai had second thoughts after reading the Tbhp review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
So, what's new on the inside?

The Tucson gets all-black interiors with silver, piano black and leather inserts. The new colour scheme makes the interior feel less airy than the outgoing car, but there are enough "black cabin" lovers in the market. The panoramic sunroof definitely helps matters further.
Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th February 2021 at 11:16.
Old 15th February 2021, 10:38   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag408 View Post
Hi. Just a correction, the 2020 facelift does come with a full alloy spare. I got my vehicle this Jan. Not sure if Hyundai had second thoughts after reading the Tbhp review
This is quite odd. The test drive car I got had a space saver and that must have been one of the early facelift models. Wondering if someone else can confirm. Don't think you can be the only lucky one, though

Does this also mean that the cars with full size spare don't have height adjustable boot floor? If I recall correctly, the test drive car with space saver had two levels to slot-in the boot floor.
needmorebhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 11:20   #89
BHPian

Sorry, what's the height adjustable boot floor? I just see one level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorebhp View Post
Does this also mean that the cars with full size spare don't have height adjustable boot floor? If I recall correctly, the test drive car with space saver had two levels to slot-in the boot floor.
Old 15th February 2021, 11:28   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag408 View Post
Sorry, what's the height adjustable boot floor? I just see one level.
At 11:03 take a look at
needmorebhp is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks