Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2021, 22:24   #136
BHPian

Re: Review: BMW 330i (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierk View Post
Got a email from the dealer confirming a 4% price hike effective 1st October. has anyone else heard of this?
Heard from dealer that there’s going to be upto 3% hike in prices post September.
Old 15th September 2021, 00:29   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierk View Post
Got a email from the dealer confirming a 4% price hike effective 1st October. has anyone else heard of this?
Yes my dealer told me this back in July-end itself that he’s expecting a price hike in October 2021.
Old 15th September 2021, 01:46   #138
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by romil.shroff View Post
Yes, 330i Sport now gets Apple CarPlay, in-built 3D navigation, higher resolution center infotainment screen and going by BMW's terminology (smart phone integration), it also gets AA (Android Auto). However, I'm not entirely sure about the AA.
As far as I can understand, the 330i Sport now has iDrive 7 so that means Android Auto is definitely there. (Even older iD7 cars can be updated to get it)
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 16:50   #139
BHPian

Coded out the 80/120Km speed chime and i should have done it on the first day itself. It is such a big psychological change and i am enjoying the car a whole lot more! It feels like the car has been unshackled.
helterskelter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 17:22   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by helterskelter View Post
Coded out the 80/120Km speed chime and i should have done it on the first day itself. It is such a big psychological change and i am enjoying the car a whole lot more! It feels like the car has been unshackled.
Can this coding be done remotely?

Do you have any references for who can do the same?
Old 21st September 2021, 17:30   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by helterskelter View Post
Great to hear. How much did you pay for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post

You can DM on below insta link. He is charging around 5K for removing the 80/120 alarm which I find to be high

https://www.instagram.com/drcodemyvw/
sid_deb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 14:56   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post

Hi yeah coding can be done remotely. I think i overpaid for the coding in my case so would not recommend the same.
helterskelter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 17:41   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
You can DM on below insta link. He is charging around 5K for removing the 80/120 alarm which I find to be high
Lets try and keep things legal here on the forum, some people were charged around 30K for this, some less, yours is the cheapest I have heard. As this becomes common, anyone would be able to do this on their own very soon. But as it interferes with the law, best to avoid attraction from unwanted audience on the forum. Share info like these on PM or emails.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 19:46   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Lets try and keep things legal here on the forum, some people were charged around 30K for this, some less, yours is the cheapest I have heard. As this becomes common, anyone would be able to do this on their own very soon. But as it interferes with the law, best to avoid attraction from unwanted audience on the forum. Share info like these on PM or emails.
Firstly I haven't gotten this done yet. In fact have been in a double mind because the alarm helps in alerting and maintaining sanity given how quick these cars accelerate and the brilliant insulation levels, other than the cost implications of course.

From a process point, removing the coding is pretty straightforward to do. Just need to connect through the OBD port. There is a cable one needs to purchase to connect with the laptop and install the software (depending on the brand). Hence, it's also important to discuss the pricing in public domain and ensure all can get a fair price who don't want to buy the cable.

On the legal point, I am no expert. But don't think there is anything illegal here. The law is for OEMs to install this alert system in the new car. However there is no law I think prohibiting you to remove the coding alert. Similar to rear parking sensors which also are compulsory now. It's a warning system and not a speed governor (installed in commercial vehicles) which can't be removed. Happy to be proven wrong here by the legal experts. Also there are speed cameras and interceptors installed for ensuring adherence to speed limits.

You may want to read a full independent thread on this.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...-alerts-5.html (Disabling the 80 / 120 kmph speed warning alerts)
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 22:18   #145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Modifying and tuning a car is also against the Law. That makes pretty much one section of this forum dedicated to modifying cars now Illegal I guess?

I don't think this is some info that needs to be kept in secret. It's good to know a ballpark figure as you have mentioned and another member has mentioned. Obviously somebody is ripping someone off ,and nobody likes that.

And yes as mentioned there are multiple threads discussing the same.
Quote:
Firstly I haven't gotten this done yet. In fact have been in a double mind because the alarm helps in alerting and maintaining sanity given how quick these cars accelerate and the brilliant insulation levels, other than the cost implications of course.

From a process point, removing the coding is pretty straightforward to do. Just need to connect through the OBD port. There is a cable one needs to purchase to connect with the laptop and install the software (depending on the brand). Hence, it's also important to discuss the pricing in public domain and ensure all can get a fair price who don't want to buy the cable.
Yes, agreed getting it done or not is a personal choice I guess.

Coding is pretty straightforward but also pretty easy to mess up and end up with a bricked ECU if not done right. So just take care and ensure correct and genuine software is being used by somebody who knows what they are doing .
Bimmercode is easy to code and easy to brick the car with as well. I know of multiple people who have had to get their car towed after a hit and trial session of bimmercode coding in the expert mode.
Esys is the proper development software by BMW , but hard to get working right especially with the newer cars as older Launchers(that were free) don't work well. And It is THE software to get and code a BMW properly with, having options to take a backup of everything you do.
And BTW, the cable is quite cheap . Here it is for under 1500 bucks.

Optimuss ENET (Ethernet to OBD) Interface Cable E- ICOM Coding OBD2 Cable for BMW https://www.amazon.in/dp/B097LPVV99/...KDJCPKCZ4Z31F3

I'm sure people that people can decide themselves how to go about coding their new 50 lac car. By hit and trial or getting it done once properly

Last edited by agambhandari : 22nd September 2021 at 22:21.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 01:05   #146
BHPian

Quote:

On the legal point, I am no expert. But don't think there is anything illegal here. The law is for OEMs to install this alert system in the new car. However there is no law I think prohibiting you to remove the coding alert. Similar to rear parking sensors which also are compulsory now. It's a warning system and not a speed governor (installed in commercial vehicles) which can't be removed. Happy to be proven wrong here by the legal experts. Also there are speed cameras and interceptors installed for ensuring adherence to speed limits.

You may want to read a full independent thread on this.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...-alerts-5.html (Disabling the 80 / 120 kmph speed warning alerts)
I totally agree with your first point. The speed chime does help in maintaining some level of consciousness over the speeds at which this car can go to in an instant. It’s the implementation by BMW which is a little over the top. Even the passengers get annoyed on highways when the car is cruising between 80-90km/Hr due to the high volume of this beep and there was no way to reduce the volume. I certainly could not go the next 8-9 years that I intend to own the car with this loud chime.
I don’t know much about legality however so many CBU’s like T-roc are plying on the roads without this speed chime so can’t really say.
Old 27th September 2021, 19:42   #147
Senior - BHPian

Happy to join the G20 clan, brought home my alpine white 330i with mocha interiors home on saturday. Switched from a 2015 320D Prestige, was planning to buy this car from a long time but the pandemic hit aviation industry and the huge pay cuts forced me to delay the purchase. Had a long test drive and just could not resist any more, life is too short to plan too much and i took the plunge.

It took 3 days from booking to delivery, kudos to BMW FINANCE for approving the loan within 7 hours of me sending the documents. Was an emotional moment for our family as 6 years back in september, my father had taken delivery of our 320D from the exact same spot at the dealership but he unfortunately passed away in 2017. He was a bigger enthusiast than me cleaning his own cars till the age of 53.

Choosing between sport or m sport was easy as my previous car was a prestige and i used to miss the sport seats and nifty features in higher variants, went the whole hog this time around.

Travelled to Delhi and covered over 300 kms home on the delivery day, initial impressions are amazing. The engine, steering and dynamics stand out, not that F30 was an average handler but the steering on this car is lightening quick, the chassis just pivots below you at the slightest turn of steering and it feels like a hatch to drive. NVH and interior quality is another area where there has been a massive improvement. FE on the maiden drive was 15 km/l.

One issue to report - car is wobbling slightly at very high speeds and i have already mailed BMW INDIA about it, could be a wheel balancing issue and would get it checked later.

This is how a 3 series should have handled, BMW have NAILED it this time with more emphasis on handling over ride comfort and it shows the moment you take one corner. Even straight line stability is exceptional, promise to make a dedicated ownership thread on the car this time as i have ample time with reduced flying and leave without pay days.

Thanks to itwasntme for answering my queries and lighting up the turbo petrol fire in me and thanks to all G20/BMW owners for answering my PM's. Thank you Turbanator for sending me that contact number which led me to close the deal within an hour.

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-50f9107bc1da45038069bd2e8309ade7.jpg

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-e60a221fe851424f86d3ef1cdca078e3.jpg

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-img_5781.jpg

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-img_5795.jpg

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-img_5799.jpg

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-img_5801.jpg

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-img_5802.jpg

Last edited by coolboy007 : 27th September 2021 at 20:03.
coolboy007 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 20:41   #148
BHPian

Wow, many congratulations on getting this beauty. Mocha interiors look really good with white.

Looking forward to your ownership thread.
petrolhead777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 17:11   #149
BHPian

Collected my 330i MSport from Deusche Motoren today (White with Mocha interiors) will put up photo's in a little bit was thinking of taking photo's when I reached home and the heaven's decided to bless the car with a little rain on the way back (Now it needs a wash).

Thank you everyone for input and some of the info from TeamBHP has been critical to decision making.
xavierk is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 18:13   #150
Senior - BHPian

There has been a hike of approximately 20% in BSI/BRI packages, my dealer was asking me to get it before 1st october but missed it because of work. As per the message received, the first month purchase price for 3year/40k BSI for petrol 3 is now 48k instead of the 39k earlier. The BSI price details have been removed from bmw india’s site since they may be updating the details.

Congratulations @xavierk, awaiting photos from your end.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks